ㅤㅤCHAPTER_TWO_TXT.✧

ㅤㅤFICTION? NOT ANYMORE! ✧ CHECK UPDATES!
AND MEET THE MANHWA ERS BOYS
“unnie! take this weird person away, he's blocking the tv! i can't even watch my dramas in peace!”

hwayeon rolls her eyes to the ceiling and puts down the manhwa she have yet to review, stepping out of bed to comply to her sister's incessant complaint. hayoung always have a lot of things to complain about but this time, hwayeon knows it's something worth complaining about. she stands at the end of the couch hayoung is lying on and, with her bottom lip jutted out, the younger girl points to the tv.

in front of the tv, a blond teen boy stood with the side of his face plastered against the screen with his hand balled into a fist. hwayeon watches as he knocks on the screen, yelling out to the people in the tv. “hey, if you need help – call out my name!” he yells out desperately, now holding onto the tv with both his hands. 

hayoung kicks her feet into the air rather childishly, motioning for hwayeon to do something about it and hwayeon could only shake her head. “hey, curry. they can't hear you, stop shaking the tv like that,” she said, voice laced with weariness.

“you're trapping people in this box. i don't know how you do it, but it's very inhumane! let them out!” he abruptly yells as soon as he catches sight of hwayeon standing with her arms folded across her chest. hwayeon raises her left eyebrow while hayoung lets out a groan into a cushion. “if i still have my powers, i would have used it..”

with her eyes clsoed, hayoung wrings her wrists and pleads, “unnie, please take him away. i just want to watch this one episode in peace.” she gestures at mercury venus, who blinks at her as though he isn't interfering with her drama-watching session to her sister. hwayeon lets out a huge, dejected sigh and motions for mercury to follow her.

the boy doesn't move. he stay rooted in front of the tv and blinks, staring back and forth from hwayeon to her younger sister hayoung who's already losing her sanity because of him. "MOVE!" hayoung screams, arms spread out wide in front of her to express her distress and shocked at the noise, mercury quickly scampers away to follow hwayeon who couldn't help but laugh at the absurd situation.

girls would do anything for k-dramas, it seems.

scratching the back of his head, mercury follows after hwayeon with an embarassed half-smile. “i think your sister doesn't like me much.”

hwayeon nods, agreeing. “she doesn't. she's usually very bright but around you she's very.. prickly.” she turns around to face him, who's standing in front of her bed blankly and shrugs. “you're probably the only other person who had seen her like that, you know. she's usually all.. sunshine and rainbows.”

sitting on the bed with him standing there would be awkward and far too intimate, so hwayeon settles on the chair at her desk. mercury shakes his head, laughing slightly at hwayeon's comment of hayoung. “it's just that.. your world is weird, okay? your sister likes watching people in that box and she uses this bright, rectangle thing to keep people's voices inside.” he sighs dejectedly, tracing the patterns on hwayeon's bedspread with a finger. “it's different than my world. i don't really mean to annoy her, it's just hard to get used to.”

it's only been two days since his appearance into her life and this is the first time she'd heard him sounding so sad. at first, he seems amazed at everything – their gadgets, the view outside, the cars passing by them. she doesn't know that he feels like this and somehow, a part of her sympathizes with him. she shrugs. “hayoung's a bit immature. i understand, though.. so don't worry about it.”

does that sound nice enough? should she smile or something? maybe a smile would make the comment seem kinder. she smiles and his eyes widen, eyebrows raised high. “woah, that's pretty,” he commented and hwayeon knits her eyebrows skeptically at him. she turns around, looking for things that might seem interesting to him, but finding nothing, she turns around again. “no, no. i meant... that thing. you smiled. that's pretty.”

and now he's grinning madly at her.

you see, lim hwayeon isn't one to fall for sweet talks and pickup lines, but for this once – she's going to have to admit that mercury venus is one smooth er, although he's unsuspecting of it.



if someone were to catch her in this situation, hwang nari's reputation would have gone out the window.

a twenty-year old male sat in front of her, legs and hands tied with black tape. he's glaring at her and she's sweating like she'd just joined a marathon and anyone who catches her like this would have some serious doubts about her real self.

“do you really have to do this? you can just kill me, that's what you really wanted, right? me, dead?” he growls out, eyes trained on hers intensely. not this again.. nari exasperatedly thought and falls onto her knees, onto her thick carpeting.

massaging her temples with two fingers, she holds up her hand. “listen, kim rowoon. i won't kill you, i won't kill anyone. my name's hwang nari and i'm not the daughter of a mafia organization's leader.” actually, this is the third time she'd repeated the same words. the first time, rowoon had opted to aim a gun at her. the second time, he threatened to stab her with a kitchen knife. they say third time's the charm, but rowoon just stares at her with a knowing smirk.

lies.” he hisses out venomously. it took all of nari's self-control to not kick him in the crotch to return some of his lost sanity. “you're lying, hwang nari. you wanted me dead since a long time ago.”

nari opens to retort but was cut off when the bell rings clearly, signaling a visitor. she points her finger pointedly at rowoon's face before standing up shaking and walking off to fetch the door. she could hear rowoon scuffling to get the tape off but nari knows he won't succeed in doing so.

the door swung open automatically and there, in front of her house, stood ddal and the tall boy who hates her. ddal's face lights up as her eyes lands on nari's face but she could see how moon bin's face shifts from happiness to glum. “hey ddal and hey, second le-”

pushing into the house, ddal shoves an ambiguous plastic bag into nari's arms. “let's not start, unnie.” she walks into the house although uninvited and moon bin follows suit, because he follows everything ddal does. when he passes by nari, he deliberately flicks her forehead and with a sneaky giggle, runs after ddal.

nari's hand flies up to her forehead, gasping in horror at the boy's nerves. he's really treating her like one of his friends now, huh? breathing heavily through her nose, she leaves the plastic bag on the table and follows ddal and her boy friend into the living room.

there, she finds ddal staring curiously at rowoon who'd by now stopped flailing. moon bin is poking his cheek and nari could practically see how much time is left until rowoon reaches breaking point. “his legs are long,” bin notes out and ddal giggles. these two and their stupid giggles..

“your legs are long too,” ddal voices aloud to bin, who frowns playfully at her comment. as ddal nears her face dangerously close to rowoon's, something in nari snaps and she pulls ddal back by her arm protectively. rowoon could only stare blankly at the chubby-cheeked girl now standing a safe distance away from him. “unnie, why is he all tied up like that?”

moon bin appears beside ddal, probably bored of staring at rowoon's handsome face and shrugs. “maybe hwang witch is into that kind of thing,” and he wriggles his eyebrows playfully at this. nari freely swings her fist, colliding with his shoulder and the tall boy winces, muttering out curses under his breath.

“he threatened to kill me.” nari answers, taking a seat on her lush sofa and massaging her temples. this is definitely too much to handle on a weekend. she had to cancel her hair appointment because of rowoon's outburst and it somehow leads to having ddal and her equally as bright manhwa character over at her house, which totally isn't a place anyone can just casually comes over to.

rowoon lets out a scoff and his eyes bore straight into nari's. “and it's not going to be just a threat, hwang nari.”

ddal frowns, bin reaches out to hold ddal's hand in his and nari shakes her head.

her death threat for him isn't going to be just a threat if he keeps that up, alright.



“what do you want?”

the cafe is bustling with people, some faces familiar and others isn't quite so. go naeul had somehow been cursed with having to deal with kim mingyu's constant whining of wanting to get out of the house they're sharing, so she'd decided to bring him with her to get coffee. she doesn't even like coffee all that much.

he said he needed to get out because he's bored, but part of it is obviously because yewon wouldn't stop yelling at him for various different reasons, even when mingyu's just sitting by and watching dumb shows on tv.

mingyu, who's standing behind naeul, leans forward and puts both his hands on her shoulder. naeul almost yelled, but catches herself just in time as to not give the cashier girl any weird ideas. she hates mingyu and his disturbing obsession with skinships and pda, but not to the point of wanting him get charged for ual assault. “umm, i want..” his words trails off flirtatiously and naeul could practically see the cashier girl swooning over him in her head and then he turns his head, his face dangerously close to naeul's.

this time, she might not be so guilty if he's charged for ual assault. “cut it out, don't hold up the line.”

mingyu freely frowns at this. “vanilla,” he commented under his breath and then proceed to order something from the menu displayed above the counter. he smiles to the cashier when she'd punched in their orders and naeul saw the life gets out of her as he did. “you're the only person immune to my charms, go naeul,” his warm breath on her ear tickles and she reflexively takes a few step away from him.

she doesn't notice the red creeping up her cheeks until the older boy winks at her. “kim mingyu, i hate you to death!” she whispers through gritted teeth but she knows the boy probably won't be affected by it.

kim mingyu isn't affected by anything. by now, go naeul would have to know that.


her slim figure hidden underneath a huge grey sweater, nam seungjae sat on the sofa with her knees pulled to her chest and her eyes trained on the tv. an empty cup of instant ramyeon sat rather pathetically on the table and seungjae laughs aloud as the girl in the movie catches sight of the black silhouette, which is really just a dark soul that had been roaming her house.

“you- you- you laughed at that?” jaehyun really doesn't want to appear as though he craves her attention, but he can't just sit in her house and do nothing – not when every night, she would crouch by his side with bloodshot eyes and dishevelled hair, wanting to know more about his world but not letting him into her world. which, if you asked, is really unfair. 

but when it comes to nam seungjae, common sense doesn't really comes into play. she does whatever the hell she wants, and if you don't want to live like that, then you leave. 

that probably explains why she seems like she really doesn't have any friends. 

seungjae shoots him a rather annoyed look. “she's gonna die soon.” and then, like an after-thought, she adds, “or isn't she? you dealt with that black stuffs before, right?”

and now it's back to her trying to understand his world, when he can barely get away with asking her a what he suppose is an entirely innocent question. “it really depends. is that spirit evil?”

“i don't know, the thing follows her around and then try to get her attention. which is weird.” seungjae swings her legs down the couch and nods, her eyes trained on jaehyun's instead of the tv. on the screen, from the corner of his eye – he saw that the spirit is messing with the locks on the windows and doors, like it's trying to tell the girl something. it's familiar.

jaehyun turns his attention back onto the screen of the tv, although the girl is still staring at him impassively from the couch. “you find everything weird, don't you?”

“no, i don't.” she said audibly, hitting the back of jaehyun's shoulder. maybe to others, it would look as though they're intimate with each other and is trying to open their heart to let the other enter into. the truth is: seungjae just finds hitting jaehyun fun, because jaehyun is far too nice to scold her for it. 

and he's also somewhat.. scared of her.

seungjae lets out a deep sigh and lies on the couch, her eyes still on the tv. “it just reminds me of you, you know. following me around and trying to get my attention.”

and for the first time since his existence, jung jaehyun thinks he's blushing. 

what's blushing like, anyway?


“young miss, would you let me carry that for you?”

“young miss, no! don't eat that, you don't know if it's safe-”

“why are you like this, young miss, you're not supposed to do that-”

“young miss-”

that was the last straw. hong seulbi turns around, bottom lip pulled into and eyes blazing with what she thought is fury and hits the side of roy's body with the plastic bag in her hand. “stop it.... royi.” she was about to say more when a kindly older lady walks beside her, curiously glancing back and forth between her and the boy. she only manages a small smile at the lady before grimacing to herself and then hitting roy with the plastic bag again. 

roy tilts his head to the side, biting on the inside of his cheek, “it's roy-”

she held up a finger to stop him. “you know what? i can call you whatever the hell i want to!” she mock laughs at this, and turns around in a circle in an attempt to seem like.. an evil queen from a fairy tale or something. too bad she doesn't have a shot at being anything other than utterly adorable and rather than irking roy, it makes him breaks out into soft laughters. “why is that? hm, why? because i told you a hundred times that i don't want you to call me young miss.”

“but young miss-”

“my name's hong seulbi, okay? you get that? hong. seul. bi. seulbi hong, whatever, whichever. stop calling me young miss, you know how kids nowadays are with their kinks and stuffs? you're just going to make me look like christian grey.” she gulped, her voice dropping a notch as she takes a few steps closer to him and points a finger right into his chest. her aim was to scare him into finally listening to her, but her height and her chubby face betrays her completely. she only seems like a harmless middle school girl to him, it seems, because he's smiling.

he lowers his head to match her height, seulbi noticed and curses the fact that she isn't born with hwang nari's height, and pats her head. “you know what, young miss? i'm not going to stop calling you young miss.”

seulbi rolls her eyes and roy straightens his back, pulling out the shopping list from before and walking down the aisle. so much for being her butler and , he doesn't even listen and now he's walking away from her. correct her if she's wrong, but butlers aren't supposed to pull this on her. she's his young miss, isn't she? although she doesn't like being called that..

she exhales loudly and walks up to him, muttering to herself about how he's not living up to what he said, and that he never listens and that when will he ever respect her opinions as a human being and why can't he just listen so he could fit in and why is the manhwa she stole a victorian one, when he took the plastic bag from her. 

with his back turned towards her, roy stanway uttered probably the sole most cringiest sentence in the history of cringy sentences. 

“because if i don't call you young miss, i might call you mine. and that's dangerous.”

 
holy crap, what does shoujo manhwa writers eat to be this cringy?
THIS_IS_AELI: omg, hi again! i'm so sorry for disappearing, because lately i've been busy and trying to catch up with school stuffs. i didn't even get to catch up on hwarang and is practically oblivious to everything that is happening in the aff community, so i guess it's good to be back?

i drafted this at like 3 am, which is, i guess, the time most optimum for my creative juices to flow. i'm sorry if you think this is crap! for now, the girls still haven't met each other yet.. but on chapter three, i'll be sure to just push their heads together and force them to be friends.

tbh this chapter is just basically.. everyday interactions with the manhwa characters! i finally got to write about mercurry (this is my nickname for him he's so cute), kim ert mingyu and dumb as rowoon!! and there are other characters here as well, 2jae (seungjae, jaehyun hehehe) being cute as hell and ddalbin, and and andddd roy and the ever-so-lovely seulbi.

i hope you guys would like this as well, and i'm sorry? if it seems? as though this whole thing is moving too slowly / moving too quickly. and i'm sorry for the romance. p/s: just keep in mind that these boys are from shoujo manhwas, so traditionally they'd be cringy and super intimate.. to just.. anyone. except maybe for the shounen trio: rowoon, jaehyun and mercury. other than them,, yeah.. expect more weird lines.

i love all of you, and i hope you'll have a nice day ahead. [ aju nice plays in the bg ]

love, aeli.