ㅤㅤCHAPTER_SIX.TXT✧

ㅤㅤFICTION? NOT ANYMORE! ✧ CHECK UPDATES!
PREPARATION FOR CHAOS: DAY 1.
to hong seulbi, there are only two moments that would be able to stop the beating of her heart:

first, failing her tests. she wouldn't mind, really, if it isn't because she's a senior and goddamnit, she's already so done with school and tests and fake friends and stereotypes. it's not like she's a straight-A student but really, she wouldn't want to have to go through high school all over again. high school memories are fun, but not when it's gone through twice.

second, when she gets home and it's eerily quiet. it's not like seulbi lives in a loud environment but ever since roy showed up in the safe vicinity of her house – normalcy and serenity are hard to come by. i mean, seulbi doesn't know much about culture in the other parts of the world but she's pretty sure that no normal highschool girl comes home to an eighteen-year-old, calling them ‘young miss’ and insisting to hold their bags for them. only roy stanway.

“right. no panicking. he doesn't know how to unlock the door, so he's surely still inside the house.” she mutters under her breath, taking off her shoes and school socks, hands clutching onto the bag that belongs to her cousin, jinwoo. she'd figured not many people would be able to take roy seriously if he goes out in his butler outfit and she really isn't in the mood to entertain a bunch of weaboos that she's sure will give roy the time of their day, so she'd asked jinwoo for his old school uniform and some shirt and pants. although jinwoo's pretty short for a guy, roy isn't that tall either – she hopes she'll be able to get him out of his butler suit, though.

showing up with a fully-grown teen boy in a full butler suit at 4 in the afternoon at the train station would probably ruin her image and might even get herself known as ‘the girl with the weird boyfriend/kink’ so really– seulbi had spent more time thinking of this than on her calculus worksheets. 

stepping further into the house, seulbi could feel her heartbeat quickened. she really doesn't need him to disappear. not now, not when he still thinks everyone belongs to some sort of kingdom. he could get killed if he ever step outside the house without her in tow. “roy?” she calls out. seulbi tries her best to ignore the fact that her voice is shaky and how cold her hands had turned. “royyyyy.” this is absurd. he would never dismiss her for this long. 

a loud crash and a yelp resounded soon after, right as seulbi's ready to call the police, only to hesitate on it because.. who reports on a manhwa character's disappearance? and seulbi finds her feet leading her to her room, the place that have been off-limits to roy up until.. well. up until now. 

“ROY.” 

the eighteen-year-old boy is seated on the floor – boxes, sheets and some of seulbi's clothes scattered all over him. he turns to face her, eyes wide as he ruffles his own hair in embarrassment, nodding his head. “young miss- you're home. i thought you-”

“ROY.”

he squints slightly at her, pushing a skirt off his left leg. “yes, that's my name. i- uh, i was wondering.. did you get rid of your evening gowns? i can't seem to find any-”

if it isn't because seulbi had just realized how important his existence is to her, she would've hit the back of his head for going through her stuffs. but really, the moment she saw his familiar tuft of brown hair, she could feel blood rushing up her face again. and that is when she realizes with a start, that it's not going to be easy to get rid of him.



“you're not going to bring him with you.” lim hayoung gasps, leaning against the doorframe of her sister's room. she had dropped down her arms due from the shock, having had it crossed against her chest the first time. hwayeon turns around absent-mindedly, glancing at her dramatic younger sister and shrugs. 

“the others are bringing their manhwa characters, too. i can't just leave mercury out,” her voice came out monotonous and rather bored, piling yet another basketball jersey on top of the ones already on her bed. next to the pile of basketball jerseys, mercury sat with a blank expression. “hey, curry. does this look nice?” hwayeon asks, holding up a flowery blouse she'd found nestled far too deep into her wardrobe. 

mercury tilts his head slightly at her, lips pursed and shrugs. “i like that better than these,” he points to the pile of basketball jerseys. “i mean. the colors on that are nice and you never wear anything like that. does wearing this make you a master or something?” he inquires, tone so innocent and genuine it makes hwayeon lets out a little snicker. she always finds it cute when mercury asks her something like that, although mercury would flip and threaten to set her hair on fire if she ever voices that out loud. 

hayoung doesn't share the same thought. she scoffs aloud, tossing her hair over a shoulder. “he's so dumb, you'll just embarrass yourself.” mercury glances at hayoung, who immediately glares at him in retaliation and he rolls his eyes at her, something he'd learnt to do from some stupid soap drama he'd watched a few days back. hwayeon almsot lets out a loud laugh if she doesn't realize how severe their fight might get if she lets them at it. 

“hey, stop. hayoung, go to your room and.. like, study or something. mercury, i'll wear this okay? i have friends i want you to meet tomorrow.” hwayeon said, waving hayoung away with one hand, her eyes on mercury as she beams, waving the flowery blouse in her other hand. mercury nods, shrugging even though hwayeon could see the smile he's trying to hide. hayoung exclaims loudly, clearly offended and stomps off to her room. hwayeon could already tell it'll be hard to talk to her about taking after the house tomorrow from the frequency of the door slam she'd just heard.

these days, that's the only entertainment she'd gotten after a long while – hayoung and mercury's never-ending fight. sometimes they fight for the remote control (because mercury stopped freaking out over people trapped in boxes quite some time back), sometimes they fight for the toilet and they also fight for hwayeon's attention. hwayeon had never thought hayoung is that possessive over her, but apparently the girl feels threatened with mercury's existence, especially because her one and only older sister obviously gives him more care. 

she really hopes hayoung won't be sulking for too long – she really needs someone to take care of the house tomorrow while she wrecks havoc in town with mercury venus, supposedly fire-breathing master.

 

“you know what? i think i can't sleep.”

hwang nari can't sleep. she finds herself turning from side to side, not comfortable with her position on the bed. she lies on her big, royal purple, queen-sized bed, sighing loudly. the bed, which she'd find comfortable for years suddenly feels far too big and even suffocating. ruffling her hair, she takes off her pink sleeping mask before turning around to be greeted by a sight of rowoon with his eyes closed, lying on the mattress on the floor, just by her bed.

nari her lips before letting out a tired sigh. why did god sent her this man? is he supposed to be her company when she gets bored and lonely? she stares at his handsome features for quite some time, wondering why he's the one lying on her bed right now instead of maybe moonbin or some other manhwa guy. finally, she sighs again and tosses her blanket off her, sliding off bed to head to the kitchen. 

she ties her hair into a messy bun before she started taking out some packs of ramyun. screw diet. screw health. screw everything. she just wants to eat and kill the midnight time. but of course, before she could do any of that and think of more things she could screw – she turns on every lights inside the big penthouse she owned. it's not that she's scared of the dark or anything, really. she's just generally afraid of things she can't see.

a few minutes after the cup of ramyun stopped turning in a circle inside her microwave, she heard footsteps not far from the kitchen. hwang nari coughed a bit before shaking her head, tossing away the silly thoughts she is having. she takes the cup of ramyun from the microwave to the dining table, a pair of chopsticks in hand and slowly started stirring the ramyun, enjoying the smell of the curry aroma.

hmm yummy!” she hummed happily, putting the chopsticks in . 

footsteps. coming closer and closer. she heard sharp breaths, footsteps hitting the marble floor of the house with an urgency that leaves chills down her spine.

quietly, she walks to the kitchen, taking the simplest weapon she could think of: kitchen knife.

she finds herself stepping into the living room, knife in hand when a masculine arm of a guy wraps around her small waist. her back fell against the man's body, the knife in hand snatched away from her before she could eve turn around to fully register the guy. she's pretty sure she's going to be head-lining every news and magazines in south korea: heiress killed while eating ramen at midnight. her life flashes across her eyes, the end of the knife catching the light from the living room lamp. it's directly held at .

one move and hwang nari's history.

“trying to kill me in my sleep?” he whispers.

right then, relief floods into her. she knows that voice anywhere. it is the lead of the manhwa she stole, the guy hwang nari wanted to bury alive but to no avail due to his origins.

kim rowoon.

rowoon brought her face closer to her ears, his cheek carelessly touching hers and slowly, hwang nari turned her head to face him. that's the exact moment their nose came in contact; the exact moment when nari's big eyes meets rowoon's dark ones; that's when a moment of silence occured in the house leaving them both to listen to the loud beating of each other's hearts. 

it was stupid of her. really, nari doesn't know what she was thinking. she opened and said the exact sentence she would later regret. “my friends want to see you tomorrow.”

he drops the knife. 

right, so maybe it was a brilliant move.


oppa.” 

4 p.m. ddal is inside the train, hand holding onto the hand-rails, eyebrows knitted together. moonbin stands beside her, glaring at someone with a permanent scowl etched onto his lips. one of his hand is holding onto the hand-rail, while the other is wrapped around ddal's waist rather protectively, which is also the reason behind the dusty pink shade on her cheeks and nose. “oppa, it's fine, they're not going to do anything to me,” she whispers into his ear, getting on tip-toes to be able to do that. 

a group of teen boys is standing in front of them, grinning and smirking to themselves. ddal sighs aloud, seeing as how moonbin won't budge from glaring a hole into each and every one of them. “cut it out, they're not going to do anything! you're here-” ddal's sentence trails off as moonbin takes his hand off the hand-rail, bringing his hand to her face. 

and he squishes her cheeks together. hard. 

“ow, let me go!” she yelps, hitting his hand with her free hand. moonbin finally stops glaring, a smile breaking across his formerly hostile features as he squishes her cheeks harder. ddal huffs loudly, wrapping her small hand around his wrist in her effort to get his hand off her precious cheeks. “stop this, this is child abuse!!” she whines loudly, frowning as hard as she could. ddal isn't one to use her appeal on boys, but for some reason she knows it'll work on moonbin. 

for some odd reason.

he lets go of her cheeks promptly, his hand swiftly reaching for her wrist. as soon as he gets hold of it, moonbin pretends as though he's busy staring at the design of the hand-rails, ignoring the fact that ddal is practically going to get a fever from the blood rushing up her head. she froze in her spot, eyes glued on moonbin's hand wrapped around her wrist, mouth slightly opened. “i'm not letting you go.” he commented when she raises her head to meet eyes with him, eyes full of question and ddal can only gasp at how shameless he's being.

how dare he practice his romantic fantasies on her? 

and how dare her heart beats this fast?



“i'm never stepping out of this house.” 

seungjae fixes the guy with a pointed look. she pushes her hair away from her face, lips slightly apart as jaehyun stares her down with an unreadable expression on his face. is it just her, or he looks slightly paler today? “dude, are you sick or this is just one of your crazy manhwa guy antics?” she mirthlessly asks, hand reaching out to open the door. her eyebrows knitted together, she could see how jittery jaehyun is being right after she'd told him to get ready to go out. he probably didn't think it through when he'd heard the word ‘out’. 

out to jaehyun is dark souls lurking in every corner of the city, ready to pounce onto him, out for help. out to jaehyun is stepping blindly into traps set up by those exact souls, looking for someone who can see them, who can call out for help, who they can converse with. out is not a place jaehyun likes to be at. out is definitely not he would be at with a girl who scares him more than those dark souls ever would. 

he grabs seungjae's hand, putting her attention on him rather than her phone. the group chat with the other girls are blowing up like they always do but seungjae's eyes and attention are set on jaehyun's pale face and his shaking hands. “out. i don't like going out.”

seungjae rolls her eyes. “right. this is the only time i'll take you out, though, my friends want to meet you.” 

she doesn't understand, does she? not only her friends would be meeting him, his old friends who haven't been alive for years would want to meet him too. she would never understand, he bet she doesn't even read his story yet. from the way she's acting, jaehyun could guess that she hopes he'll be more like kaneki. kaneki, the weird guy who eats human and like, cries all the time. he doesn't see the appeal in him, though.

for a start, he's already better-looking than kaneki.

oddly, seungjae doesn't shake his hands off yet. she's still staring at him with those condescending brown orbs, chin tilted slightly upwards so their eyes would meet. this is the only time jaehyun can meet eyes with her without being shoved back, then mumbling colorful curses to him. she groans loudly, tilting her head to one side. jaehyun feels like he'll do something stupid under her scrutinization. 

“you're pretty.”

he'd done something stupid. 

seungjae pulls away from him, eyes opened wider as she shakes her hand free, shaking her head in disbelief. “okay, dude, you're being creepy and i'm late. you coming?” she asks, not meeting eyes with jaehyun's confused ones, hands fumbling with the house keys. jaehyun squints at her, unable to process what exactly she's saying and seungjae sighs in annoyance, signaling at him to step outside with a finger. the girl shakes her head, seemingly unable to understand the meaning behind his surprise confession, fumbling again with the keys as she locks the gate shut. when she turns on her heels, she fixes jaehyun with a look he's unfamiliar with and shakes her head again, as if to get rid of unwanted thoughts. 

hit him if he's crazy, but jaehyun's pretty sure the tips of seungjae's ears went red.

he's definitely crazy.

but oh, . he's out. and out means dark souls and cries for help and torture.


most of the time, naeul likes to think of herself as a very sensible and mature girl of sixteen years of age.

and most of the time, kim yewon likes to prove her wrong. 

“what do you mean i can't go out with mingyu? the other unnies are going to do the same, we're trying to get rid of the manhwa characters!” naeul yells out, slamming her purple pen on her chemistry textbook, which lies on the table she's sitting on. yewon, biting on her lower lip, picks up a half-used eraser and throws it to naeul. “ow- hey! that hurts!”

yewon grits her teeth, digging in her pencil case for more stuffs to throw her best friend with. “i told you, he's dangerous. you know those guys who like, touches your in the train? he's exactly the type that would do that to you.” the girl then picks up a blue pen, throwing it to naeul, yelling out things like, “you never listen to me, that's why you're always in trouble”; “i always ask you to stop eating ramyun, i know you'll turn out to be this dumb”; ”mingyu ain't , why are you getting into so much because of him”; “i said too much in my last sentence”; and the almighty “if you love me, you won't go.”

naeul finds herself covering her face with her arms, pens and pencils scattered all over the dining table they shared together every time they get homework done. she's convinced yewon have a whole stationery store in her pencil case. despite the litter of pens on the table, there are still some in her pencil case, extra weapons for yewon. “stop throwing pens and pencils at me, what the hell- i. i can't just say no to them, they all agreed to it,” she said, more of a complain than an actual pleading. i mean, let's be serious.

which sixteen year old, in their right mind, would want to walk the street with an incredibly hot, supermodel-esque eighteen year old boy who flirts with them and never takes his hands off her waist? like? let's be serious. 

no, let's be incredibly serious – that's exactly what naeul wants.

it's not like she's thirsty for a relationship or she wants to show mingyu off as her hot, older boyfriend. she just wants to know how it feels to have a boyfriend, to have someone looking over her and asking her to walk in the inner side of the street because it's dangerous to walk by cars passing you by. mingyu's more than happy to play that part, she just needs to get rid of yewon and her tendency to overthink everything. to be fair, it's not like mingyu touches her in a creepy, uncomfortable way. he sure is a ert, but he respects her. and yewon knows that, but for some reason it seems hard for her to let naeul go into town with mingyu. 

“come on, yewon, i can't just say no to them! i'll just look like.. a liar who wants to.. befriend older girls. for like, fame.” she babbles out, not knowing what else she could say to convince the other girl. yewon keeps her eye on the pens scattered on the table, a glittery purple one already sliding off the table and onto the floor. “i know how mingyu is, but he hasn't done anything bad to me at all! i mean. after i told him i'm like, sixteen, he's like. oh. really? well, . the worst he can do is give me cringey, bad pickup lines that he'd found online-”

“they're not bad!”

both yewon and naeul turns in the direction of the deep, husky voice of a man that they're sure doesn't belong to either of them. yewon narrows her eyes at him and naeul, oddly, smiles at the sight of him. even mingyu is taken aback, as he clearly puts a hand on his chest and points to naeul, mouthing a ‘is she okay?’ yewon just shrugs. yewon and mingyu shares this weird relationship in which they hate each other, but would unite if it's to protect naeul. or talk about her. either way, their relationship works in unknown ways and naeul really doesn't know what to perceive of it. 

yewon shakes her head, picking up her pen and started flipping through the thick revision book in front of her. “she wants to take you out, mingyu and i'm like against that because- duh, right. and like, we waged war against each other and now she's trying to convince me to let her take you out.”

mingyu listens to this rather intently, bottom lip jutted out. naeul groans loudly at yewon's explanation of their messy situation because come on, why is she making naeul seem thirsty for mingyu? he leans forward, hands on naeul's chair and naeul lets out a squeak as his chest brushes the top of her head. the boy picks up a black pen and scribbles something on the palm of his hand before tossing it back onto the table, to which yewon glares at him. “i don't see why she can't, i mean. i don't want to disappoint her. of course i'd go on that date with her even though she's flat-chested and-”

“THIS IS WHY I WON'T LET YOU GO OUT WITH HIM!” yewon yells, standing up from her chair, her arms extended with her right index finger pointing straight at mingyu's handsome face.

“IT'S TRUE, SHE IS FLAT-CHESTED! DON'T LIE TO HER JUST BECAUSE YOU'RE HER FRIEND.”

yewon blinks in confusion, looking back and forth from mingyu to naeul and she lets out a sound that is close to a choking and a groaning sound. in a not ual way. “i'm not lying to her! but you can't just call her flat-chested to her face!”

naeul slams her hands against the table and pushes her chair back, standing up. “i'm flat-chested?” she exclaims in horror, grabbing a fistful of mingyu's shirt in her small fists. “you! why were you staring at my chest?” to which mingyu rolls his eyes. 

“because i would rather stare at your flat chest than your face-”

“RUDE!” both naeul and yewon yell out, to which mingyu raises both his hands in defeat. yewon picks up a pen from the table and throws it to him while naeul tries her best to strangle his collar with her small fists. 


there are times when naeul really is a sensible and mature sixteen year old girl.

and there are times when yewon wouldn't prove her wrong. 

but now is definitely not the time. 

THIS_IS_AELI: hello!! sobs. everyone, you're allowed to hate me for disappearing for SO long and not even saying anything or posting any feed or update on this fic- i'm seriously so sorry. wth. i made a promise to myself some time ago that i would update every other week but i guess i get too carried away with.. life and such. lmao.  life. anyways!! here's an update!!!!! finally!!!!!!!!

i'm sorry if this is insufficient and like, dumb. i can't believe i vomited like 10000+ words here?? like?? how? why- when?? i was going to get to the meet-up, but... i.. don't know how to, so basically it's the everyday situations / a day before chaos commences!!

i've missed my manhwa babies and my heist girls so much wtf dhdhfu im glad they're back aaa my sunshines also. i tortured myself by listening to despacito on repeat while writing this im ready to Die, 

also, aru wrote the nari x rowoon part. if u cringe, hit aru for it

!! what do you wish to see when the manhwa boys and the girls meet up? and who do you think would be able to be best friends with each other (manhwa boys) !! 

again, sorry for the wait and i love you all so much om gfdehs.

love,
aeli x