Chapter 2

Serenity
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER 2

 

Sign.

“Hi!” I happily greeted. A girl in front of me shyly bows and greets back. I gave her yet another set of my signature smile and signed the album she handed on me. She bid goodbye and another fan followed.

Today starts the fan signing events for my first solo album since I debuted three years ago. Yes, that long. It took me those years to finally have this opportunity given by my agency.

I feel like I'm in a cloud nine the other day, with my first comeback stage with a full length album to promote, and I can’t stop smiling like fool. Yes, but I'm so nervous too, just like the first time I step on stage and debuted as a singer.

It’s still nerve wrecking but at the same time fulfilling. Of course, it was my dream and until now, it is. And every single time it never fails to amaze me, like for real? This is me now, I'm living on it. And all of this are happening.

My smile gets bigger and the cheer on the crowd follows through. I handed my already signed album to yet another fan as the queue continues. Again, a copy of my new release album placed in front of me. I grin, instead of a name written on the post-it on top of it, a cute eye-smiling emoticon was drawn on it. I quickly look up, ready to give this fan my mega watt smile.

“That's so cute of y-“

You. It's her.

“Hi.” She greets. Looking directly on my eyes, a small smile, a brown onyx eyes, that eyes. She won't forget that eyes, that smile, that face.

“Taeyeon.” A small gasp escape my lips. This time, she’s the one who grins.

“Glad to know you still remember me.” I barely heard her over the crowd. But I will recognize her voice amongst everyone around me right now. I will, always.

I open my mouth, trying to say a million words but I kept mum. I suddenly lost on what to say, on what to think. After three long years. She's here. The person who makes me continue living this dream. The very same person I kept on thanking this whole time.

“W-where have you-“

“Tiffany, just sign the album. The line is getting longer.” My manager came to stand beside me, nudging me. “O-oh yeah. Sorry.” I quickly put my autograph on Taeyeon's album and handed it to her.

“Thank you so much for coming. I hope to see you again.” I told her, emphasizing the words clearly, whishing for her to get what I mean. She just smiles and walks away.

My eyes follows her back until I lost her on the crowd. I wanted badly to stand up and ran to her. But another fan greeted me excitedly and I don't have the heart to turn down any of them.

So I tried to smile, masking the tremblesness I feel. Trying my best to hide the sudden emotions I felt. It's a mixed emotions, of finally getting to see the person you wanted badly to see for three years but at the same time the nervousness and awkwardness on top of that, and lastly the joy and relief of knowing that she's finally here.

She's here. Taeyeon is finally here. But where? Where I could find her. When can I see her again? When the only thing that connects me to her is this small pink post-it with her cute little drawing of supposedly me on it.

Why Taeyeon? Why you never stop being this mysterious person who keeps on popping out of nowhere and then suddenly gone missing, to where?

Beats me.

 

Where?

“Stupid!”

“Stupid! Ugh. I'm so stupid!” I yell to no one. Sending glares on my now freshly cast leg. Clumsy. Yeah. That should be my birth name not Stephanie.

“Waaaah!” I yell once again, grabbing my hair in frustration.

“How can I Iook for Taeyeon now? How? This stupid cast on my leg will not leave me until next month!” I slap my leg but the pain that comes from it stops me for making another attempt. “Oh shocks, that hurts.” I mumbled, biting

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter