Chapter 1

Serenity
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER 1

 

Night.

“Crying is not a sign of weakness, and it won’t make you look less stronger either. So here.” A neat blue handkerchief handed to her.

“Why do you even care.” She responded, trying to masked the surprise she feels. “I don’t. But it’s already late and your friends have been looking for you.” Motioning her head towards the building she runs from.

“They’re not.” A chuckle. “They do. I heard them earlier, and keep hearing them until now.” The same person continued. “I know. What I mean is... friends. I don’t think they are.” She softly mumbles. “I see... but why not?”

“Why do you even care?!” She repeated. A tone higher. A shrug and a small smile. “I don’t. Here.” The same handkerchief handed to her but this time, placed on her lap.

“You might think they’re not. Maybe, just because... you’re not letting them.” She stands up leaving her there again on the same bench, alone. On the first cold winter night with a blue handkerchief on her hand.

 

Nice.

“That would be 10000 won.” The cashier says, giving me the receipts. Oh ! She cursed mentally. She did not bring her wallet with her, just a few bills on her pocket.

Well, she was only planning on getting herself a can of soda, and maybe a bag of potato chips, and a piece of energy bar but before she knows it, another of this and that was added on her cart.

So here where she is now. Trying her best to stay calm from the upcoming embarrassment. There are three more people on the line after her and all she prays was for the floor to open up and ate her.

“I’m really sorry, but I don’t think I have enough-”

“Here. Just add those on mine.” A few bills were handed to the cashier. Who just nodded but without sending a glare on me. My jaw almost drop. As I my behind and a silly smile is plastered on the face of the person that just happened to save me.

When I recover from myself. I quickly run out of the convenient store tailing behind her. “Hey! Wait up!” I called. She stops and looks back to me.

“You don’t have to do that. I have money you know. I can pay for my own.” I defensively stated. She chuckles.

“I never said you can’t.” I opened my mouth to disagree but even before I can do that...

“You can always pay me if you want. I’m not in a hurry. See ya!” She waves goodbye and turned left. Leaving me standing on the corner of the street. Bewildered.

 

Treat.

“Here.” A plate of strawberry cheese cake is placed in front of her. She looked up, away from the book she’s reading.

“What’s this?” She asks pointing. “A cake?” She answers, amused.

“I know what exactly is that. What I’m asking is. Why are you giving me this?” She retorted, amused and intrigued. Slightly an

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter