Chapter Six - Things happen for a reason

Wish Tree

note: DEAR READERS! Before I get on with the story, I am super sorry that I haven't been updating this story as much as I would like to, I've just been super busy. I've just finished all of my finals so I'll be back to writing more Seulgi fanfic :D anywaysss, I'll just get on with the story, sorry for the massive delay :(((

------

It's funny, what one organ in a body has the power to do. It all starts with a brain, the most complex organ in our bodies. One brain has the power to motivate one to success, war, suicide. Sometimes, wouldn't it just be better to not have a brain? To stop us from feeling sadness, anger, disappointment. The organ that controls every action we do, with us weak creaures, obeying the commands.

Seulgi sat alone at the park, watching flower petals fall from the trees above her, listening to the voice of IU's new song Palette. Seulgi was often finding herself alone nowadays, Jongin spending all his time with Soojung and well, that was really it. Jongin was her only friend, the person she knew she could always rely on, always trust, and the person she was so deeply in love with. It's crazy how much one person can affect another. Jongin slowly forgot Seulgi, he found a crowd of new friends while Seulgi slowly lost one. 

Seulgi sighed and closed her eyes. Was this it? Is this really going to be the unfortunate fate that will soon become her? No, it couldn't be, right? Growing up, all Seulgi had ever wanted was to be loved. Living neglected without a loving family, it has always been what she had wanted; but some dreams are too far fetched - and eventually, we must wake up from the illusions and back into the harsh reality that is her life. 'Why? Why me?' Thoughts like these had slowly overcome Seulgi. She wasn't sure whether it was life being even more unkind to her, or if her life was always like this, except she had a friend to bear it through with. Day by day, Seulgi ate less, her body becoming paler and thinner. Her hunger for food was nothing compared to her thirst for Jongin back. Although Seulgi still loved him, more than a friend should, she at least wished she could keep him as a friend, was that too much to ask.

"Need some company?"

Seulgi flashed open her eyes to see a familiar face.

"J-Jimin, nice to see you again."

Seulgi shuffled to the side of the park bench, giving enough room for Jimin as he sat down next to her.

 "Aren't you with your girlfriend? Does she know you're here?" asked Seulgi.

"Oh, right, Sulli. Well, I mean - uh, - it's complicated, you know? Anyways, what brings you here to the Park, Seulgi? I haven't seen you here before." Jimin said.

"I guess I just needed a different environment, to you know - clear my head," Seulgi sighed.

"Well, I'm a good listener, you can talk to me about it, if you want to." Jimin said.

Seulgi stared into his eyes for a moment, considering telling him everything.

"But I barely know you, how can I trust somebody I barely know? That wouldn't be very logical, would it?" Seulgi wondered.

"It is perfectly logical, Seul. Wouldn't it make more sense, telling your problems to - well maybe not a complete stranger, but maybe a-an aquaintance? You're right, I barely know you, so what do I know about you? That you're a nice, beautiful girl. These are just things I've discovered on my own account, I have nobody to tell me anything other or opposite of what I've just said about you, so there's nobody that could change the way I think about you, nobody to tell, and that I won't have anything to judge you against. Think of me as a diary then, except human. I'll listen to what you have to say, Seulgi"

Could Seulgi really trust him? I mean - he was right after all, she doesn't know much about him either, so what place would they be in to judge?...

Seulgi took a deep breath and told him everything.

--

"Wa- Wait a minute, so you're saying this- this friend of yours, has fallen for this complete demon disguised as a gorgeous girl, and not you?" Jimin asked.

"Well, have you seen me? I'm just Seulgi, there's nothing special about me, I can't really blame him I guess. I'm not beautiful, I'm not tall, I'm not anything any guy would want. I'm Seulgi."

Jimin stood up and looked at her face.

Exactly, you're Seulgi, and that's a person any guy would be stupid not to fall for. From what I can tell, you're funny, beautiful, kind... that's just you. Don't be so hard on yourself, Seul. Things happen for a reason, trust me on that."

That night, although Jimin had walked away from that park bench first, the words he said to her would stay with her until the end.

Thing happen for a reason... right?

 

ʕ♡˙ᴥ˙♡ʔ  ʕ♡˙ᴥ˙♡ʔ  ʕ♡˙ᴥ˙♡ʔ

ANNYEONG HASEYO! Yeah, I know this chapters kinda really boring, but I just wanted to update you guys on whats been happening with Seulgi - I know I know, my fault for beeing a bad authornim and neglecting her duties :((( Anyway, please comment on what you think. I know my writing may be a little rusty, so any time of feedback in the comments would be great! Or write your opinions in he comment section! TeamJongin or TeamJimin??? Or someone else?... Also, update on your authors life, YOUR AUTHOR SAW RED VELVET IRL and i swear Seulgi is so beautiful in real life, i nearly died. Also also, this is kinda embarrasing but does anyone know hw to add pictures into fanfics? like I tried setting the photos so many times but its just not working T.T Did I miss a step? Anyways, super sorry for not updating for eons, please forgive me, and I hope you enjoy this chapter :) see ya laterrr