Chapter Five - Money and Trash

Wish Tree

For the rest of that lunch, Seulgi sat awkwardly next to her bear with the two love birds opposite her.

"Ahahah! Oh my gosh, I totally forgot! That was too funny, Jongin! We should totally go on another date like that again, except, maybe not that beach again, ahaha!"

"Oh, Seulgi, did me and Soojung tell you about that time we went to that little cat cafe you told me about?"

"Hey, babe, if I could rewrite the alphabet, I would for sure put U and I together!"

Not bothering to pay any more attention towards the two now trying to do a lady-and-the-tramp kind of pasta trick, Seulgi tediously twirled her spaghetti, trying to see how much she could fit onto one fork.

"Seulgi, hey?"

Seulgi felt a shake.

"Yeah, hey, I'm just going to go to the bathroom for a bit, you two should talk," Jongin said, sliding his chair out.

Seulgi nodded while Soojung grabbed his hand doing the whole 'I'll miss you! Miss you more' kind of thing.

As Jongin turned the corner to the bathroom, Seulgi feels a cold wash pass over her thigh.

"Omo!" Seulgi yelped, standing up from her seat, patting her jeans dry with a napkin.

"Oh, whoops! Sorry Seulgi, my mistake, hehe! I'm such a klutz," Soojung responded in a monotone voice, not seeming to care.

Seulgi, grabbing napkins from the table beside, placed them on her chair and sat back down, hoping they would soak the water back up.

"Oh, uh don't worry about it, it's fine," Seulgi said, smoothing out her jeans, thinking the opposite in her mind.

Heaving out, Seulgi did one last rub, and looked back up, only to meet a pair of perfectly almond shaped eyes only an inch away from hers.

Just as Seulgi was about to lean back, Soojung started talking, in an icy tone, that Seulgi thought wasn't possible for such an 'angel' like Soojung to be able to produce.

"I hope you don't get too upset, Seulgi. It was just an accident... just like you are. So stay away from Jongin, he's mine. He doesn't love you, he only has eyes for me, got that? Get a hold of yourself, you desperate pile of trash," Soojung snarled.

"W-what?"

'Was this real? Was it really Soojung saying these things?'

Seulgi was mesmerised by the words Soojung managed to slither out of .

As Soojung opened to shoot another bullet at Seulgi, Jongin walked over towards the table, distracting the two.

"Hey you two, looks like you've gotten close, exchanging eye contact, ummm, is this some kind of girl bonding thing I have no idea about?" Jongin asks.

Seulgi, about to call Soojung out, felt a kick in her shin from under the table.

"Oh, hey honey. Just, you know, two girlies getting along," Soojung giggled.

Seulgi almost vomited.

After what seemed like endless moments of Soojung up to her boyfriend, Jongin got the bill and paid.

Getting ready to leave, Seulgi picked up her bear next to her that Jongin gave her, and stood up.

As Seulgi walked over to stand beside Jongin like she usually did, Seulgi felt a whack through her left shoulder. Seulgi looked up and saw that it was Soojung's hot pink purse, and just as Seulgi was about to walk back to her destined position, Soojung simply winked and flipped her hair, cuddling up to Jongin.

Seulgi rolled her eyes, and retreated. How oblivious was her best friend?

Clutching her bear tightly as they crossed a road, she had managed to catch up to Jongin and Soojung.

"Oh, Seulgi, would you mind letting Soojung have a look at your bear? Soojung really wants to see it," Jongin asked, as Soojung nodded with a smirk next to him.

Seulgi sighed and reluctantly passed her bear over. What could she do?

Seulgi stared at her two feet walking along, moving each at the same speed one by one when she heard a squeal.

"Omo! Seulgi! I am soooo totes sorry! I wasn't looking where I was going!" Soojung grieved dramatically into Jongin's shoulder.

"Soojung, are you seri-" Seulgi started off, but was cut off by Jongin.

"Seulgi, she said it was an accident, alright? Why are you always so uptight?" Jongin sighed, in a frustrated tone.

"Excuse me?" Seulgi scoffed. "Are you saying- aish... whatever. You know what, sure. Sure it was an accident, if that's what you want to tell yourself." Seulgi said defeatedly, clutching her bag, walking off.

"Yah, wait! Seulgi, we aren't done with our day! Yahhh! Where are you going!" Jongin demanded behind her.

Seulgi sighed and turned her head.

"I gotta go, my shift is starting." Seulgi said, monotonously, and walked away, with a defeated heart.

•••

"Seulgi! Did you hear me?! Table 7 has ordered their meal half an hour ago! Hurry! Do I need give you a talk about your attitude when working?"

"Sorry, this won't happen again, Manager Oh. I'll get it done quickly," Seulgi uttered, hurrying towards the kitchen to pick up the dishes.

One of Seulgi's jobs included working at an expensive Korean restaurant in the Gangnam area. This specific job was probably the one that mattered most to Seulgi as it provided most of the money for her rent.

Most of the time Seulgi worked hard with a good and driven attitude, her head clear from distractions... but today? Today was just not a good day. Seulgi's mind was scrambling with thoughts from recent events.

Checking the list, and counting all dishes on her tray, she made her way towards table 7.

Seulgi was struggling with all the 6 orders the family from that table had made, as she brought it over to the table. Mentally patting herself on the back, proud that she still managed to deliver each dish as it's own, with no broken plates. She bowed towards the family devouring their meal and headed off. Relieved from all the weight she was carrying, Seulgi walked back to the staff room for a cold glass of water. As Seulgi made her way towards the room, loosening the button of her sleeve, her mind still distracted, she suddenly heard a loud shriek behind her.

Whipping her head around, holding back all her overflowing thoughts, turned her head to see a couple sitting at a private table.

"I-is there s-something wrong?" Seulgi stammered at the couple.

The girl turned around and faced Seulgi with an angry glare.

Seulgi's eyes bulged when she saw her white, lace dress covered in kimchi stew.

"Omomo! I'm so sorry! Did I cause this? What to do? I-"

The girl in her lace dress, now looking like a walking Jackson Pollock canvas stood up in her kitten heels and tossed her hair over her shoulder.

"LOOK AT MY DRESS YOU PEASANT! Do you see this? Everyone, look! It looks like I just gave birth to an orange baby! Do you know how much this cost? How much do you think luxery items like these cost? Not like you would know, you trashy attention seeker!"

Seulgi's face was literally as red as a tomato at this point.

"L-look, I'm seriously sorry. I-I'll buy you a new one with all my s-savings! Sorry!" Seulgi squeaked, though secretly amazed that she had managed to produce words in such a situation.

The girl chuckled, but not in the cheery kind of way. More in a way where she was mocking, like she couldn't believing what she was hearing.

"Ha! You think clothes like this come cheap? Well, looking at you, you wouldn't even know what a good sense of style looked like if someone waved it in front of your face! How much money do you even have? This isn't just some piece of market clothing you would save up for, this is a custom made, original Valentino dress you just spilt some stupid kimchi stew on, you complete embarrassment!"

She lifted up her arm and Seulgi shut her eyes, waiting for a painful slap to burn against her cheeks. It never came.

"S-sulli, let's just go," the male from the seat opposite said, pulling this girl 'Sulli's' arm, as a signal to leave.

"Yah! Jimin, don't go protecting trash or it'll rub off on you. You are on my side. Where is her manager? This girl needs to be sacked this instant!" Sulli yapped.

Seulgi felt as if her world was collapsing. She would soon have to move out if she lost this job. If she lost her unit, she would have to quit attending YJS, even if she was on scholarship. There was no way she could afford extra fees for travel if she lived someplace else.

Seulgi started tearing up at her life that seemed to be going down a downward spiral of despair.

Her pity party was paused when she noticed a small hand stuff a tissue in her hand.

Looking up, it was the male, Jimin.

"Y-your girlfriend, sh-" Seulgi stuttered, searching for Sulli behind him.

"Please, just be careful next time. She's waiting in the car. Don't worry about losing your job, I'll speak to your manager for you privately. Also, the dress, I actually bought it for her from a market. I'll replace it for her so don't worry, okay?" Jimin said softly, with a wink.

Seulgi wiped her tears and nodded.

Just as she was about to thank him for his help, he was already gone.

Jimin...

The only thing Seulgi had to admit that she actually agreed with Sulli on was,

Why was he helping her, a stranger, rather than his girlfriend?

ʕ; •`ᴥ•´ʔ ʕ; •`ᴥ•´ʔ ʕ; •`ᴥ•´ʔ

OKAY Y'ALL! BAMBAM BOOMBOOM(BAYAH)! DID Y'ALL SEE THAT? AS A CHRISTMAS GIFT I JUST POSTED NOT ONE, BUT TWO CHAPTERS! Okay, so I listened to your comments (and I absolutely loved reading them, they made my heart float with excitement that some people actually enjoy my fanfic! Please feel free to comment anything! I woud be sooo grateful you have no idea!) and I joined Chimchim into the wishtree gang! How does that feel y'all! okie ik i say y'all a lot just bear with me mianhe;-; ALSOOOO i know it seems right now I really hate f(x) as I made two members (DON'T FIGHT ME ON THIS ONE) seem really rude and spoilt and stuff. Maybe in this fanfic it'll look that way but honestly in real life, I absolutely love the f(x) girl gang, each one of them. Even tho Krystal and Sulli aren't my biases in that group (AMBER LLAMA I LOVE YOU! NOTICE ME SENPAI) I still really like them and when I watched the heirs and to the beautiful you I seriously just fell for them. (If you guys are kdrama addicts and completely waste your life binge watching, I FEEL YOU and yes I just made a link to the wonder girls and please post yo opinions in the comment sections about your fav kdramas and all that talk and let's be total besties). So yeah, no hate for f(x), Jimin just entered the fam, more to come and MERRY CHRISTMAS! ALSO please write down your bias list, I feel like it'd be totally cool to see if we shared any biases or stanned the same groups! Love you all and new chapters are on it's way!

xoxo