Chapter One - Intoduction

Wish Tree

The cold bitter morning woke Seulgi up. Covered in a cocoon of thin blankets and scarves, Seulgi slowly blinked open her eyes and sat up. Standing up from her thin mattress made up of thick layers of fabric she had purchased from the market, she pulled open her curtains to see the same sight of the winter mornings that greeted her each morning.

Seulgi was a music major on a special scholarship at JYS University. Seulgi lived alone in a small flat she had recently rented out after saving enough money with all her part time jobs. Seulgi had no parents left. All her family, all gone. When Seulgi was 11, her mother had run off with another man, probably a man with more money. She refused to believe that her mother would run away like that. Remembering all the time they had together, the truth almost had seemed impossible. However, as time went on, the reality began to sink in, that her mother would never come back for her. Her mother had really left her. She wondered if her mother had ever really loved her, what she had done wrong. Had her mom not loved her at all? That her own daughter that she had "loved so much" wasn't enough to make her stay? Her father, well, not much could be said for him. At first, he used to care for Seulgi so much, so much in hopes the gap in her heart where her mother used to be, would be filled up. However, as days, weeks, months, years, went by, the more he tried, the more helpless he felt in the end. As soon as he started caring less, the less he loved and cared for her. Seulgi's childhood was left without love as time would pass by. As Seulgi slowly grew into a woman, her dad slowly drank away the days with bottles of soju. At age 15, Seulgi came home with a note from her father. Her father was gone. Her father had given up on her too, he had let her go. He told her he loved her. But he left too. Seulgi was left alone, living alone, struggling for food, money, love. The only thing that kept Seulgi strong was her love for music. Melodies in her head were forever flowing. Music was always there to cheer her up, make her feel not so alone. She had an undying passion for her music, her dream was to one day perform in front of thousands, feeling overwhelmed with all the support, loving each one without a care. That was her dream. When Seulgi turned 18, she had an envelope delivered to her. Her benefactor. Her benefactor offered to pay for her education, for her dream. Ever since, she had been dying to know who. How could someone be so careless, to spend their money over a hopeless girl to one of the top universities in the Continent, is what Seulgi thought at first. But now, she feels as though she owes this benefactor something, and is grateful for her rare opportunity. Each day, Seulgi lives her day, working harder than the last, making every day matter. Being grateful for the little things she has, even if it isn't much. Music, her love. She would work endlessly for her success, even if it took forever.

And maybe, just maybe, she would be able to see her parents again.

。・゚・゚ʕ゚>ᴥ<ʔ・゚・。

okie woowwwww that was some serious stuff >.< So this is my new fanfic, I hope y'all like it. So it's nice meeting you guys (pls continue reading, I assure you there will be more!) So, in case you didn't know I absolutely LOVE redvelvet and in case you also didn't know, my bias is KangSeulbear :P I also stan other groups like exo, snsd, 2ne1( T.T), Winner (Also T.T), Sistar, BTS, Blackpink, and a whole bunch more cuz I am just too multifandom u know. This is why MAMA awards get tough for multifandom ppl like me hehe. ANYWAYSSS, I doubt any of you will really be reading this but, i have a question... HOW ON EARTH DO I SET A COVER PHOTO? I honestly have tried so many times and still have no idea how to and it would mean the world to me if someone would please help ;-; kamsamnida though if you've read this whole story so far and I WILL BE UPDATING even if it does take long cuz I'm pretty busy at the moment :( oookie thanks ya'll unicornia chanbaek shipper OUT!