Page One

Next Page

 

 


 

*RRRIIIINNNGGGG*

 

“Ahhhh finallyy! I felt like I was slowly decaying just sitting there.”

 

“Dahyunnie stop exaggerating. It’s only Art class, it’s pretty chill compared to all the other classes.”

 

‘It’s only Art class’ she says. Puh-lease, not everyone can just spill paint onto a plain canvas and get an A like you Chae.” Dahyun mocked the now embarrassed little bean.

 

“Well.. It’s not my fault that I’m just naturally good at it. You know, this one time I sneezed and the brush accidentally smudged the whole piece and the teacher called it ‘a of genius’, her words not mine.”

 

“My point exactly. Whatever though, the bell just rang and since it’s already lunch time, I’m wondering why I still haven’t left this room 5 minutes ago. C’mon, where’s Tzuyu?”

 

“Hmm? Oh she’s over there… and also asleep.”

 

The two girls known as Dahyun and Chaeyoung both walked over to the tall girl that was still resting her head into the palm of her hand.

 

“Wow, she’s so pretty, even when she sleeps.” Dahyun said, examining her.

 

“Yeah….”

 

“How can she sleep like that too? Her posture must be really good. So elegant.”

 

“Yeah..”

 

“…..”

 

“…..”

 

“…I don’t like it. Let’s wake her up.”

 

“Yeah!”

 

“Ok. I’ll shove a pencil up her nose while you take a vid and throw a rubber at her forehead.”

 

And before Dahyun could even finish her order, Chaeyoung had already been pulling out her phone. “Gotcha boss.” 

 

“You recording?”

 

“Mmhm.”

 

Quietly giggling to themselves like the 7 year-olds that they really were, Dahyun gingerly brought the eraser end of the pencil to one of Tzuyu’s nostrils, while Chaeyoung got ready to throw the piece of rubber that was left on the desk.

 

“You idiots do know that the bell is pretty loud right?”

 

“EEEK!”

 

“OW! What was that for?!” Dahyun whined whilst rubbing her forehead and pouting in Chaeyoung direction.

 

“I’m sorry. She surprised me and it just slipped outta my hands.”

 

After hearing that high pitched squeak coming from the baby tiger, if Dahyun had noticed at all it would've still been too late. The eraser went flying towards her at the speed of light and before she knew it, it smacked her right in the middle of her forehead. Ouch, that might have left a dent.

 

“Send me that video later by the way.”

 

“Huh?” confused as to what Tzuyu was referring to, Chaeyoung tilted her head but then slowly looked down at the phone in her hand in realisation.

 

“Oh sh–”

 

“IT’S STILL RECORDING?? STOP IT NOW!!” at that roar from the tofu, she complied.

 

“Okay okay, geez. What’s got you so angry? Let’s just go to lunch shall we? We’re late already.”

 

She exited the room skipping, humming and giggling to her self all the while, leaving the other 2 questioning her sanity.

 

“Kekeke. Aaand send.”

 

*Ding*

 

*Ding*

 

“Huh? I got a text?”

 

“Me too.”

 

-ChaengChaeng sent a video to group chat-

 

“And that’s my cue to go. Catch ya later at the cafeteria Tzuyu.”

 

“SON CHAEYOUNG!! YOU GET BACK HERE YOU LITTLE RASCAL!”

 

And after the blink of an eye, they were both gone from Tzuyu’s sight.

 

Sigh.. what a couple of idiots.

 


 

“Dahyunieee~” called Sana as soon as she saw the orange haired girl enter the room, chasing after a laughing Chaeyoung. 

 

“Ahhhh, Mina unnie!! Save meeee!!!” running right up towards and hiding behind a startled Mina was the baby tiger, still being followed by the now less but still pissed tofu. 

 

“Now, now, kids. Lets calm down a bit and have a civilised lunch just for once okay?” Jihyo tried to chide. “Wait a sec.. did you two ditch Tzuyu again? You know it’d take her ages to get here.”

 

“Yeah! You two know the most about how all the guys basically bow down at her feet like she’s some queen. I mean I know she’s pretty and everything but can’t they do that after school hours? It’s so cringey.” agreed Jeongyeon, who up till now had been silent while eating with Momo.

 

“One of you go get her.”

 

“I’ll go get her!!” volunteered Nayeon eagerly, “She owes me a kiss anyway after forgetting about my birthday.”

 

“Oh don’t be so dramatic unnie, not everybody needs to be told ‘Happy Birthday’ at exactly 12 am.” a new voice joined their loud conversation.

 

“Tzuyu?? How’d you get here so quick? Were there no disturbances in the hallway?”

 

“Never mind that now, it’s not important. Tzuyu-yah you come here right now and give your unnie a kiss.”

 

“I’m good thanks.”

 

“That was said in such a sharp and cold way.*Hing* Jeongyeon-ah, our baby doesn’t love me anymore.*Sob*

 

“Hhuh? Owr bwayby?? Swince wen?”

 

“Aishh honestly! Don’t speak when you have half a pepperoni pizza in your mouth.”

 

At Nayeon and Jeongyeon’s usual old couple-like bickering, everyone around the table had begun to laugh heartily until it was time to go back to their classes.

 

*RRRIIIINNNGGGG*

 

After getting ready and changed for their next period which was gym, the three youngest sat on the benches waiting for the others to be done.

 

“Hey guys, we have a joint gym class with the others today don’t we? Since the other teacher’s off sick and all.” Dahyun asked the two maknaes.

 

“Ahh that’s right. I can’t wait, we get to play with the rest of the gang.”

 

“Ugh don’t remind me about it. I heard we’re going to do basketball today.”

 

“Don’t worry ‘bout that Chaengie, you’re still a fast runner. It’ll be fine.”

 

“Not everyone is as vertically gifted as you, you giraffe. Besides I want to do really well today…”

 

“Ohoh is it because a certain unnie’s going to be there..?”

 

“Yah! Who said it had anything to do with Mina unnie being there?!”

 

“Well actually you did. Just now in fact.”

 

Grrrr Chou Tzuyu. I swear I will–.”

 

“Will what shortie? Fight my knees??”

 

“THAT’S IT!!! I’M GOING AT HER!”

 

“Woah woah Chaeyoung-ah!” running hurriedly towards the pouncing cub and grabbing on to her waist just in time was Jeongyeon. Following her by jogging slightly, were the rest of the girls. “What’s gotten you so ready to kill Tzuyu?”

 

“Tzuyu-yah!! Are you okay??” pushing past all the others, a concerned Sana appeared right in between the two maknaes, she then went forward to hug the taller girl after realising that nothing had happened yet.

 

“Everything’s fine unnie. We were just playing right, Tzuyu?”

 

“Heh.. yeah… p-playing.” the taller of the two stuttered nervously, fortunately it went unnoticed by the others as the teacher had made a loud entrance as a signal to being the lesson. 

 


 

*PFFWWIIITT* (whistle sound effect)

 

“Alright kids, that’s all for today. I have a meeting to go to in a couple of minutes, and since class is supposed to end in about fifteen, I believe that I can trust you guys to supervise yourselves for a small while.” eyes roaming around the room once more, she continued, “And also, don't forget to clean up the equipment and what not. See ya.” And with that the gym teacher had left, leaving the students to their own devices.

 

“Hey guys, I’m gonna head to the bathroom for a bit ok?” Jeongyeon announced to the group, who were then preparing to play a small game whilst waiting for the bell to ring.

 

“Hold on, I wanna go too.” coming up from behind was Jihyo. And since they were going to the locker rooms anyway, they had decided to also change back into their school uniform. Making light chit chat whilst leaving the changing rooms, neither of them had known what was going on back in the gym.

 

“Yeah that sounds like fun. We should all totally go toget–”

 

“SANA WATCH OUT.”

 

“OH MY GOD!”

 

“SANA WHAT DID YOU DO??”

 

“HAA I’M SORRY GUYS I DIDN’T MEA–”

 

“WHAT THE HECK!?!”

 

Not needing to hear anymore, both Jihyo and Jeongyeon ran up to their group of friends, worry etched all over their faces.

 

“Why’re you guys shouting so much?? Geez.”

 

“Tell me about it. I go to the bathroom for a couple of minutes and when I come back you guys are already causing a ruckus.”

 

“MINA AND MOMO KISSED!” Nayeon blurted out so suddenly.

 

A shell-shocked Jihyo exclaimed,

 

“WHAT?!?”

 

“Sana unnie tripped over her laces and then pushed Mina unnie into Momo unnie.”

 

“Ahhh so it was Sana’s doing… that’s kinda understandable.”

 

“JEONGYEON, SERIOUSLY??”

 

“What? It’s not like it’s the first time something like this happened. Besides it was just an accident wasn’t it?”

 

“Definitely.” furiously nodding, Sana then turned to the other two blushing Japanese girls, “I really didn’t mean it, you guys know how I’m so clumsy and how sometimes I jus–”

 

“It’s fine. It’s not that big a deal anyway.” Momo just brushed it off wanting all of this to be done with as fast as possible.

 

“Y-yeah.. it’s fine. It was just an accident.” Mina said also trying to act cool, however she couldn’t help but blush a deeper red at the little incident that had occurred earlier.

 

.

 

..

 

 

“Well I’m going to go first. There’s somethings in my locker I need to take home. See you guys tomorrow.” a voice said, breaking the silence that had fell upon the group of nine. 

 

“Chaengie wait. I thought we were all going to the mall after school today?” a pouty Nayeon reminded the little bean, who had seemed like she wanted to get out of there as soon as possible.

 

“Ah sorry unnie, I got some homework today that I need to do for tomorrow and also I’m still a bit worn out from all the basketball we did earlier. Maybe I’ll just get some rest for today.”

 

“Oh okay th–”

 

*RRRIIIINNNGGGG*

 

“See you guys later alright?”

 

..

 

“Huh… what’s gotten into her, she was fine before gym class.”

 

“I guess we won’t get to know until she tells us herself.”

 

Without anybody else noticing, Dahuyn and Tzuyu secretly gave each other a look, and then they both understood.

 

This was going to be a biiig problem pretty soon.

 


 

[A/N]:

 

Wooahh how was that for a first chapter?

 

Sana was being a clutz?!

 

Mimo kissed?!

 

Chaeng is being weird?!

 

Nayeon is still waiting to be loved?!

 

On another note: I'm going for a humour/drama/romance kinda genre (obviously there will be more romance later on), hopefully it works out(?)

 

And it got kinda angsty at the end didn't it? My bad. I didn't like planning and writing it out either.

 

...So. What has gotten into our little Chaeyoungie? Well stay tuned to find out 'kay?

 

 

 

Peace out.

 

- J