Chapter 9

Friendship

“Hello everyone! –Soo Jung hugs Jihye, patted Kwonho’s shoulder and kisses Jongin cheeks. She pulled Naeun to stand beside her. Jihye & Kwonho both hugged Naeun simultaneously.

“Okay everybody, please sit down now – Jongin joked.

Naeun was about to sit down beside Soo Jung, when Jongin signalled at me to take charge. “N-N-Naeun ah –I stuttered. She looks at me. “Do you want to take a walk with oppa? – I am already standing infront of her, offering my hand out to her. She stands up, grasped my hand in hers, “Lets go oppa. –Her hand in mine, I forget how good that feels. “Take your time guys. –Jongin looked at me while putting his hand around Soo Jung’s shoulder. “You better take care of Naeun, Taemin oppa. Ill see what I do to you if you sla….. –Jongin covered Soo Jung’s mouth with his hand. Soo Jung let out a muffled whine. “Go, go now. This one –Jongin looks at Soo Jung, "need to learn to speak only when she’s needed. I mouthed “thanks” to Jongin and lead us away from them.

*

Oppa’s warm hand is a blessing in this chilly night weather. *Wheeeeeww* the cold breeze send shivers to my body. I held Oppa’s hand tighter, he interlocked his fingers in mine. “Why are you wearing light clothes in this weather? –I didn’t know ill be out, I was only intending to spend some time at Soo Jung’s flat. Oh ya Naeun, you have to tell him the reason, don’t think to yourself. “I didn’t plan on spending my night outside Oppa, I thought I was only going to Soo Jung’s place. “Ah, I see. How’s today? Apink did great, I saw your performance when I was in the holding room. “It was okay, id missed a step during rehearsal but everything went well so far. We still have a long way to go before promotion ends.. Congratulations for the win oppa! – I shaked his hand. He stopped in his steps, turn to face me. He held both my hand in his hand, “Im sorry Naeun-ah. I was impatient then and didn’t give you a chance to explain yourself. I was too tired from the flight and when you sort of lied to me, I became furious. I was angry most at myself, was I too occupied with work that I didn’t even put an effort to spend more time with you? Did I take you for granted and didn’t bother to understand how you feel? I should have paid more attention to you, -he sighed.

 I looked at him. His face without all the stage makeup, shows signs of tiredness. He told me before he didn’t regret starting his idol life at a very young age because that’s the age where he have the most energy, as he grew up, he gets tired easily, he used to be able to go days with intermittent sleep, but now he can’t function as well if he didn’t get to sleep just enough. “I cant forgive myself for raising my hands at you, -he looked at his hand, “Tell me what I should do to make you feel better Naeun-ah. – I traced his face with my hands. His eyes used to be more vibrant, his nose bridge, his high cheekbones, his jawline, and then rested my both hand around his neck. “You, I only need your presence. I know we are both so busy but sometimes I do feel abit neglected. I do feel like Im the only one updating you about my daily life. I don’t care how mundane your daily life are, I would love to know about it too.

–He rested his hand on my waist “and I need you to trust me this time. I have you and only you in my heart. My heart is already full. I need you to understand that as much as you have them –I nudged to the 3 of them “and Shinee oppas with you, I owed a lot to B2ST oppas too. Especially Dongwoon oppa, and –I hesitated, “Junhyung oppa. Before my debut days, they took care of us, we learnt a lot from them. They always cheered us on, you see oppa, we are not from SM or YG, so our initial supporters mostly came from Beauties with B2ST help. I will always feel indebted to them. And now when B2ST is facing some hard times with their contract and all, this is the least I can do to help them in any way possible.

*

“B2ST oppas sometimes do called me to ask how im doing. Because of my personality –she sighed “I tend to not open up to people so quickly, so even when we just debuted and the rest of Apink had begun to form new friendships with other idols, I was still only close to B2ST oppas. Until I get to know you, naturally you are the one I go to for anything now. So now, only once a while they will check on me because they knew we are together and they trust that you will be able to take care of me. – she paused. “I am rambling right oppa. I need to stop. – she said.

I tightened my hand on her waist to pull her closer, our face barely touches, “This is new. You rambling is new. I want to know more about you Naeun-ah. I want us to communicate more. Since we cannot do much about not seeing each other often due to work, the both of us need to put an effort to converse more. – She hugged me. She rested her chin on my shoulder blade. She’s drawing circles with her fingers on my back. “I will promise you that I will try & understand the bond you have with B2ST hyungs. Sometimes I just cant help it, the fact that Junhyung hyung even congratulated me on Shinee’s winning just now and even want to treat both of us to dinner. Im sorry that I get too possessive. I just love you so much, she pulled back, her hands still on my waist, “I love you too oppa. – she looked at my eyes. Id finally have the courage to take a good look at her face. Her small face, her black cap which makes her face looks even smaller, her translucent skin even without make up, her light eyebrows, her chubby cheeks seems to have shrink, I was too occupied with my own schedule, that I didn’t realize Naeun is too having the after-effect of schedules after schedules. How Naeun had to work harder to better suit the entertainment world which prefers extroverted individuals because that is just the way it is. I held her hand, she is wearing my bracelet that I lend to her when she misplaced hers. I placed her hand around my waist, I cupped her face, lean in closer to her and kissed her on her forehead. She smiled, I rested my hand on her shoulder. She hugged me again. I rested my chin in her long silky hair, she smells of lavender. “what would I do without you’- she gave a little peck on my cheek.

*Fewiiiiitttttt*

*

We looked at our friend’s direction. They were giggling & clapping. Clearly Kwonho or Jongin is the one who whistled. I am glad for them, they have helped us a lot in mending our relationship. They have help to soften up oppa’s heart and makes me open up more about my feelings to Taemin oppa. “Lets walk back to them oppa. I kinda missed hanging out with them. And I don’t have much time as I have an early day tomorrow. He slid his hand in mine, “Lets go Naeun-ah.  We walked to them happily. “Jongin and Soo Jung must be delighted that they don’t have to hide their relationship to the public anymore right? “I guess so, eventhough there were a lot of antis when they were first found out,  they eventually get used to the hate anyway.”What do you think about going public?

“you mean us? – I laughed. “It might be fun, or not. When Soo Jung falls into depression after the reveal is abit scary right oppa. Anyway, Apink has just started, I know my members are happy for me but I don’t want to jeopardize their happiness in anyway. – He gripped my hand tightly. “I understand Naeun-ah. When Jonghyun hyung’s relationship with Shin Sekyung noona was revealed to the public, it does affect our group market prices and its hard not to worry when this is our job. – He sighed. “We choose to be in this oppa because we love what we are doing. – I loosen up my hand in his grip, and held his arm instead, resting abit of my bodyweight by his side, “But ill wait. I will wait until the both of us have achieved all that we aimed at the very beginning oppa. Will you?

He laced his hand around my waist, and as we are nearing our friends, he whispered “I will Naeun-ah. As long as I need to. Until then, I will only protect and love you from afar. – he gives a quick kiss at the top of my hair.

We were reaching the hut that our friends were in when we heard some rustling on my right. "Do you hear that oppa? - Taemin oppa looked at the direction the sound is coming from. "Must be the squirrels or raccoons finding something to eat i guess. You and your 

"Yah, come on! The pizza's getting cold guys! - Jongin hollered. We were both hungry from back to back schedules. Taemin oppa looked at me, a mischievious look glints in his eye. "Race you to the hut Naeun ah! and he sprinted. That is the Taemin oppa that id fell in love with.

 

 

 

PS: There's one more chapter left guys. Thank you for taking your time to read this. :)