Chapter 1

Friendship

*phone vibrates* “Naeun ah, call me once you’re done practising- received a text from Soo Jung.

“kay – I replied.

We had a week left to our comeback. We’ve practically been living in this building for the past 2 months. We only went home to catch a maximum of 4 hours to sleep and the routine starts all over again the next day. I couldn’t even remember when was the last time I managed to sleep soundly for 8 hrs straight. I had just completed filming the drama 3 months earlier and had to continue with practice for our comeback. Not that im complaining, in my industry, busyness means you are on demand, and that’s good.

“ahhhhh, lets take a break. Please, please chorong unnie – hayoung pleaded.

She immediately sprawled on our practice room floor.

“yah, maknae, how can you give up first when all the other unnies are still standing strong! – Eunji exclaimed while patting hayongie’s bum lightly.

She then too takes a place beside hayong and lay down flat on the floor. Without realising, I too was following their footsteps & lay my head down Eunji’s lap.

“Yah, yah! – Chorong exclaimed while looking at now all five of us sprawling on the floor like nobody’s business.

Chorong shakes her head while walking towards us. She looked at the wall clock. It was already 7.20pm. We were here since 7am. She sits cross-legged in front of us, “I will need to tell Ji Tae oppa that we have aced our choreography, can you all put your life on that? We only have 3 days left though girls. Are we confident enough yet? – Chorong asked. She too was tired, she’s the eldest of us although she don’t look like one, she pushes us through every time we get distracted although she too needs the rest as much as we do.

Bomi then s her way to Chorong, that’s how tired we all are. “We have it all under control Chorong-ie, we have been practising more than 10 hours a day since the past two months. We have all memorized our parts and the group parts, you did awesome, and we all do. We still have tomorrow to practice, so now let the kids rest, okay?

After promising to give our 110% for tomorrows practice, we were dismissed. Eunji bolted off to Busan, Namjoo & Hayongie were planning to watch a movie, Chorong wants to go back home & sleep while Bomi had to go to MBC to settle some stuffs. I wanted to sleep so bad but Soo Jung have been leaving me plenty of miss call after I replied her text.

“Yah, you just finished?

“hello, hi, how are you doing, are you busy at the moment, where are your manners girl

“ill pick you up in 10

‘huh? Wait, I need to bathe & changed first, what is so important?

Clicked. The line went dead. Something must be up, cause the only time Soo Jung rushes for things is when is it urgently important.

 

I was scrolling down my Instagram feed when a car stopped in front of me. I get in the car, “why, what’s wrong? Where are we going?

She handed me her phone & start driving, “See what Jongin text me

I unlocked her phone and saw the text “hey, I just got to know from Taemin that Shinee’s comeback this upcoming week so EXO wont be…………….

The rest of the text seems to be blurred from my vision, “I don’t know if I should tell you, but –

“So I will be seeing him this Friday on the music show? – I intercepted Soo Jung’s talking.

She stopped at the red light then looked at me. “I guess so, you will be okay, right? – she stared at you

“ofcourse ill be okay. We are over & done, - I smiled at her.

She patted my hand and continues to drive.

I don’t know what to feel yet, I am not ready to face Lee Taemin yet, not anytime soon. Not this soon.