we could rule the ice kingdom someday

of snowflakes, mistletoe, and you
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Lee Taeyong/Kim Jiyeon

inspired by this and this

 

 

Jiyeon’s eyes wander around the crowded room nervously. For some unsaid reasons, she’s feeling something slightly off or she’s just being extra tired during the night. How she wishes that she could stay home, instead of being forced to a stupid Christmas costume party. Frat party is nothing but trouble. But no can do when she has unfortunately lost a bet with her friends and they have made her wear something unreasonably childish.

“Whoa, nice dress there, princess. Didn’t know Elsa is still in the trend,” Jiyeon sneers under her breath hearing someone mocks her from the snack bar. She’s about to talk back in a rude manner but Xuan Yi comes right in time to rescue her from throwing a tantrum at some useless remark about her costume.

“Hold your horses there, Bona. Princess should act graceful,” Xuan Yi counsels while pulling her away from the snack bar and takes a seat on an unoccupied arm couch with the others.

Jiyeon rolls her eyes and pouts, “except that I’m not a princess. Everyone is making fun of me.”

Yuta fails to suppress a snicker—he’s dressed as Naruto this year, which Jiyeon finds it so lame. She sends a death glare at the Japanese boy, but as childish as he always is, he only replies with his tongue stuck out at her before running away from being hit with a cushion pillow. Joshua shakes his head of amusement at his two friends’ little antics while sipping his sour grape punch that might contain too much of green color additives. Everyone’s tongues has gone green in the middle after just taking a few sips. Jiyeon decides to stick with sparkling water, if the host actually serves one.

Jiyeon stands up and saunters away to find something decent to drink. Sighing while adjusting her blue flashy dress, it’s uncomfortable with people in the hall keep staring as if she is the real Elsa. For crying out loud, she really wants to cry.

She’s parched from the beginning and she snatches a fancy looking glass containing sparkling water without much delay. Taking another one and drinks it off within one gulp. It feels strange how tingles, as if the water she just drinks is burning down to her stomach with her tongue tastes blanched. But later, the prickly sensation dies down and she ignores it without thinking much.

“Oh, there you are, Bona! Meet the party host, the ever-so-fabulous Johnny!”

Xuan Yi pulls her by the arms rather enthusiastically, introducing her to the host. She squints her eyes at him, trying to carefully remember him somewhere in campus (Xuan Yi talked a lot about this Johnny guy, perhaps her best friend might be having a crush on this guy but nothing had ever confirmed).

“Hi, Bona. You’re dressed as Elsa! I love Frozen,” Jiyeon flashes her signature smile, certainly pleased with Johnny’s sincere compliment. Finally, there’s someone who appreciates Frozen. He’s Captain America, pretty classic and she doesn’t want to elaborate much.

“To think of it, one of my best pals dressed as Jack Frost. Are sure you’re not dating him or something?”

Jiyeon laughs, shaking her head in process at his jocularity. They only meet for the first time here, so no way they have some mutual. Talking about Jack

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter