so cold, just like your heart

of snowflakes, mistletoe, and you
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Moon Taeil/Kim Hyunjung

 

 

 

Taeil’s eyes went straight to see her standing outside the studio. Hugging her frail self tightly, he held himself from contouring his face into pure concern but he just couldn’t help it as he walked to her in rather haste.

“Hyunjung?”

Her face lighted up from staring at the ground, her solemn eyes glinted in relief seeing him. Taeil could trace sadness and dejection in her dark orbs illuminated under the starless night, but decided to not point them out. He knew what had exactly happened to her, he didn’t have to ask. It broke his heart for so many times seeing her like this.

“I’ll walk you home,” Hyunjung didn’t hesitate to hold his hand when he was about to walk her home – of course he would, it’s almost midnight and he wouldn't want anything bad happen to her. As much as he wanted to flinch away from her grasp, he loved how her cold hand enveloped with his warm one. It was calloused, lankier compared to other guy’s but she once told him she liked his hand.

Hyunjung looked at him, tender sad eyes under her neatly cut fringe with her red bold lips had gone pale due to the cruel coldness. He knew that look she’s giving; she didn’t want to go home yet. He sighed before giving her hand a slight fathom squeeze.

 

The night was cold, perhaps somewhere in single digit Celsius degree but Taeil couldn’t do anything when Hyunjung wanted to have a walk for a moment. It helped her calm her mind. He wondered how long she had been standing outside the studio waiting for him to finish his band practice. He hoped it didn’t take her too long, but considering her already frigid hand, she might have been waiting long. It frustrated him that she didn’t even try to call or text him – she should have at least told him something. But then, he’s talking about Hyunjung; she kept her feelings mostly to herself that no one could guess what she’s feeling at that time.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter