boy, all i want for christmas is you

of snowflakes, mistletoe, and you
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chwe Hansol/Jeon Somi

inspired by midnights by rainbow rowell in my true love gave to me

► 내 말대로 해줘 More More by IOI

 

 

 

Somi got home on with her wrinkled school uniform under her parka, and crooked ribbon around her collar. Her braided chestnut hair had gone loose and messy because of the wintery wind blew her hair out of mercy. School was horrible, as always. Nothing surprised her.

“What’s with the look?”

Her head spun to the voice from the living room lazily. As usual, she spotted Hansol in his pajama already while a bowl of cereal on his laps watching an encore episode of CSI. She groaned, how she wished she could have his life.

The older boy finally tore his eyes from the television screen. His soft brown eyes were giving her a pity look. He beckoned her to sit while patting the empty space on the couch. She instantly dropped her bagpack and parka to the floor before climbing to the space beside him.

“Want some?”

He offered her his half-eaten cereal in her favorite bowl. She would take it as long as the cereal hasn’t turned soggy. She shoved a big scoop into before munching the cereal dejectedly. Eating would always bring her a smile over the lips, after just three spoons as the sugar had finally kicked in her blood. Everything felt better, especially when she could feel Hansol’s warm hand comfortably tangled at the back of her head, resting to her hair even when his eyes were still glued to the television screen. It’s just a bad day, not a bad life.

 

 

 

(Somi had known Hansol for almost her lifetime – she was four when she met seven-year-old Hansol and his family who were moving next to her house. They’ve shared much in commons – which had bonded their families to be close in just a matter of time.

Hansol was homeschooled for some unsaid crucial reasons, but Somi thought she had figured out why even when she didn’t ask him.

They had been inseparable since then, that his sister, Sofia started to think Somi was trying to steal her precious oppa away. Of course, she was joking even when a faint jealousy could be sensed in her tone.

Hansol was the opposite of Somi – shy, soft-temperament and matured. She has nothing alike to him. She was tactless, too bubbly and hyper. She found this oppositeness more to the good side. That’s what made them match. “You two would look good, together,” – his grandmother said that a lot every time she visited for Christmas.)

Her words sometimes had been playing in her fifteen-year-old head for quite a while when she first heard it. Probably, still was playing every time she could feel Hansol’s hand enveloping hers when they were about to cross the road, walking home from their favorite convenience store. Somi was craving for soft ice-cream in the middle of winter and Hansol laughed before he grabbed some cash under his pillow and off to the store at the corner of their neighborhood.

Somi felt strange for the first time, the way he touched her hand made her feel nothing but strange. Everything felt strange. Even the mango flavored ice-cream in her hand felt strange. Not to mention, her tummy was making strange grumbling noises.

But it wasn’t supposed to be this strange—he would always hold hands whenever they’re crossing the road (his mother taught him that for safety measure of her and Sofia)—but she could feel her hand tingling in slight burn when he let go of her hand after they reached to the other side of the road. It definitely felt strange.

 

 

 

“Don’t eat it!”

Somi shouted but failed to seize the burned cookie away from Hansol. The boy shoved it inside his mouth without much delay before slowing munching the poorly baked chocolate mint cookie she was trying to make. She made them specifically according to his mother’s recipe since he’s allergic to peanut, it needed to be done meticulously. Unluckily, she carelessly forgot to set the timer correctly, resulting to the burned cookies.

His eyebrows raised, “it does taste a little burned, but I can still taste the chocolate. Pretty good.”

He grabbed another for one more bite as his lips displayed a toothy grin that Somi can’t help but burst into a fit of giggles,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter