-2-

Tutored to Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Do Kyungsoo is awfully touchy, Jongin concludes the day after they have vaguely agreed to date. The worst (or best, depends if Jongin’s feeling prude or not) part is that Jongin likes it. She didn’t mind when Kyungsoo took her hand when they were strolling in the mall after their movie. She did not pull away when Kyungsoo took her hand from her lap and kissed her knuckles as they stopped at a red light. She let him pull her into a hug when he has brought her to her doorstep and was even expectant of the kiss on her cheek before her date turned to leave.

The following morning, Jongin was surprised to see Kyungsoo’s car parked in front of her house just as her phone rang. It was her tutor-probably-boyfriend calling her. Jongin did expect the hug and the kiss before she was escorted to the passenger seat. She let Kyungsoo hold her hand whenever he could as they drove to the campus. When Kyungsoo dropped her off to her first class, he was just turning to her for another kiss and hug combo when it was Jongin who started it first.

Kim Jongin also concludes that she could be as touchy as Kyungsoo is.

Kyungsoo let her know that his classes ended around two in the afternoon and asked when she’s gonna finish. She still has another class by half past three, but he has an hour and a half break starting two. They both agreed to meet in the café across the street where they serve not only coffee but also awesome chocolate drinks, much to Jongin’s delight. Her excitement over her dark chocolate strawberry shake probably spurred her to plop down beside Kyungsoo, leaving no personal space, and steal a kiss on his cheek.

As they talked comfortably, Jongin felt a warm arm subtly trying to wind itself around her. So to cut the chase short, she scooted even closer to Kyungsoo and rested her head on his shoulder. That could’ve triggered something in the both of them because from then on, it wasn’t an action-reaction thing anymore. Being close to Kyungsoo felt natural to Jongin even though he’s the first person that she’s been this physically close with. And Kyungsoo can’t seem to keep his hands to himself, which works so much fine for Jongin.

After the café date, Jongin was brought back by Kyungsoo while they were hand in hand. Jongin’s fingers entwined with his and stayed like that all the way to the Business building. They earned a few looks but they paid it no mind and only separated when needed. Kyungsoo didn’t leave until Jongin promised to see him later and agreed that they could probably do some more studying for her sake.

Their parting hug had stayed in Jongin’s head for the rest of the day because Kyungsoo just had to kiss the side of her neck before he stepped back. The kiss felt nice but it also made Jongin feel a little hotter than she’s supposed to be. She’s blushing and it’s because of a kiss on her neck and the thoughts that spurred to life with the sensation.

She’s pretty positive that if Kyungsoo were to kiss her on the lips, she will pass out.

And thank goodness, he hadn’t yet. Her tutor showed up at her doorstep right after she has refreshed herself. They did study, though Jongin is already leaning onto Kyungsoo while he is explaining the concepts that she has missed. Kyungsoo have perched his chin on her shoulder to watch how she’s working on her problem sets. And when they finished, she found herself settled in between his legs while watching the Good Dinosaur (it was what was on and they didn’t bother to choose another). Her back is pressed against Kyungsoo’s front and their legs, Kyungsoo’s clothed ones and her bare ones, are side by side.

Kyungsoo held her in place with his arms wrapped around her and his chin hooks her down. The kiss on the neck came back but it didn’t stop at one. The more kisses Kyungsoo leaves on her skin, the more Jongin unconsciously tilts her head to the other side to give him more access. The dancer and tutee has soon forgotten about the movie and concentrated on her tutor’s lips on her. It feels all too nice that her eyes are almost rolling back.

By the time that the ending credits were rolling, Jongin’s head is leaned back on Kyungsoo’s shoulder while her neck is slightly pink from the shower of kisses that it received. She was just awakened back to reality when the elder’s hand have started to caress down her bare thighs. The touch felt exceptionally good but that’s too much. Jongin could only process so much as this stage of their relationship.

“Should I stop? Was it too much? Sorry, baby,” Kyungsoo rasped against her neck when he felt her tense up. That raised goosebumps on her skin that the elder eased that by rubbing his hands over the tops of her arms. Jongin’s embarrassed but she should be able to tell this things to her boyfriend, that’s basic.

She shook her head and took his hands into hers. “Just need to have some getting used to. But it felt nice, too nice, actually.”

She turned her head in time to see Kyungsoo beaming brightly down at her, causing her temporary blindness. That’s why she got the shock of her life when she felt something plump and warm pressing against her lips. It felt amazing, taking her over all of her senses and ability for oxygen intake.

Kyungsoo vowed to never give Jongin surprise kisses on the lips when he realized that his girlfriend passed out on him.

 

  

Kyungsoo’s visit to Jongin’s house became everyday. Because of this, all the tutoring that Jongin needs was done first week in. It also helped that Jongin wasn’t completely stupid that they were able to make her catch up quickly. Hyorin was the first to know of their relationship because it got quite tricky to lie to her when they told her that Kyungsoo has been with Jongin more often than his tutor duties require. She’s happy for Jongin and she approves of Kyungsoo but she reminded them that they have to tell Jongin’s mother as well.

It was probably high time for Jongin to confess to her mom. She didn’t want to face the shame and disappointment that she would feel if she is to know of Jongin’s secrets from another person. At least, she doesn’t have to worry on losing her scholarship and she has her boyfriend to lean on to. She may have lost three of her exams but she gained something much more valuable.

“Mom, can I be honest with you?” she started that one night that he mom came home earlier than usual. She even prepared dinner which she only does rarely lately. Her mother looked like she was already expecting this and Jongin felt bad. Was her mother waiting for her to say something all this time?

“I thought you were never gonna tell me about you and Kyungsoo,” her mother frowned a bit. “It’s not like I’m gonna stop you, sweetie.”

It was Jongin who got startled. “Wh—it’s not like that, mom! I… I just thought that you will think that it’s too early…” wait. This wasn’t what she was trying to tell yet! “… how did you know, mom?”

Her mother rolled her eyes but she’s sporting a soft smile. “He’s been around quite a lot, Jonginnie. And it’s not hard to see that you like each other. It’s good to see you happy when he’s around so I don’t mind. Besides, he’s a nice guy and he’s been your crush since forever.”

Jongin didn’t expect her mom to like this but before she got sidetracked again, she blurted out her other secret. “The initial reason why Kyungsoo came here is to tutor me, mom. I…” she swallowed the lump on and ducked her head to hide from whatever her mother’s reaction is. “… failed some of my mid-term exams.”

It was quiet after that and it got into Jongin’s nerves. “D-don’t worry, mom. I’m already back on track and Kyungsoo helped a lot so I won’t be losing my scholarship…”

“Jongin, sweetie. It’s okay,” her mom hugged her from behind. “Thank you for telling me and you shouldn’t worry because I’m not mad. Hyorin already explained everything to me.”

“She… she did?!” Jongin sputtered. “But mom…”

“Kim Jongin,” she’s always silenced whenever her mother addresses her with her whole name. “I know you’re a smart girl and I know that you love dancing. I also know that you are responsible and diligent. You may have tripped along the way but you’re a strong girl and you always pick up yourself to continue and move forward. I wasn’t worried at all because I know that you can do this. I trust you, sweetie and now that you have someone special, I’m even more content.

“You’ve been carrying a burden that you didn’t need to but still did. I’m really grateful to you, Jonginnie. You became my strength and I’ve relied on you too much that I had unconsciously kept you away from how you should be living your life. You’re young, sweetie. You still have much to learn and experience. Let yourself love and be loved until you find the right person to give your whole heart to.

“I’ve had your father and I’m thankful that we have even met. I could never have asked for more out of his love for me because he has given me you. I’m sorry if I took my time to realize this and I have already made you grow up faster. You make your father proud, Jongin. I know that he wouldn’t want anything for you but to live happily. It’s about time to concern yourself with that, sweetie. Don’t worry about me or your scholarship or anything that is pulling or slowing you down. You have me, Hyorin, your friends and Kyungsoo to be with you so don’t be scared. You’re not alone, Jonginnie.”

Speechless and in tears, Jongin stood and faced her mother to hug her properly. It’s quite a scene to see, mother and daughter crying in the middle of their dining room but they didn’t care. It has been long overdue for Jongin’s mom to let her daughter know how much she has appreciated her and Jongin felt at peace and glad that what she has done for her mother wasn’t left unnoticed.

The validation that she has received made her life’s purpose for the past years fulfilled. All of the pain and sadness that she has battled were all worth it.

“Sweetie, you know I love you, right?” Jongin’s mother asked when they broke apart from each other’s embrace. It has been a long time since they were able to hug like this and it’s enough to bring forth another set of tears to Jongin. But she held it back.

Jongin nodded. “Of course, mom. I love you, too.”

“So don’t make me a grandma yet, please. I’m still too young to be called, granny, sweetie.”

“Oh god. Mom!”

 

 

Even though Jongin and Kyungsoo skipped the courting stage in their relationship, they believe that it will not make any difference. What they had is something that has just been put on hold because of circumstances, Kyungsoo believes. So he claims that they should already be celebrating their fifth anniversary the coming year but Jongin didn’t want to. It just doesn’t make sense.

Which couple celebrating their fifth anniversary who hasn’t even kissed on the lips without one of them fainting?

Kyungsoo was more than willing to practice because practice makes perfect but Jongin refused profusely. “I feel like an idiot. I don’t know what to do!”

Her boyfriend started laughing at her so she pushed him away in irritation. But Kyungsoo is stronger than he looks and she should’ve seen it coming when he pulled her back and even closer than before. Kyungsoo likes touching Jongin and she’s not gonna stop him anytime. Jongin may not be used to having someone this close and touchy with her but it feels good and she likes it.

“Everyone started innocent, baby. I’ll teach you, don’t worry.”

Kyungsoo’s voice dipped a notch lower, smirking at his petrified girlfriend. He will his lips that always puts Jongin into sweat fest and regards her with sultry eyes. She dubs this his y mode and it’s just too much for her sanity to make sense of. How can Kyungsoo be cute and y and hot all at the same time? But everytime Kyungsoo slips into his y mode, Jongin wants to hide with her knees shaking. Her feels won’t be able to handle getting concentrated doses of that just yet. She would need time, time to process how she was able to deserve someone like Do Kyungsoo.

“I’m not having it any other way except slow and sure,” Jongin wagged her finger warningly in front of an amused Kyungsoo. “We do this my pace.”

One thing that she has learned about Kyungsoo that has stumped her assumptions about him before, yet again, is that he’s a devil. Just as Jongin has requested to take things slow in the physical department of their relationship, there Kyungsoo was, holding Jongin securely with both hands on her face and kissing her.

“Anything for you, babe,” he cheekily said after pulling away with triumph written all over his face.

She may have retained her consciousness this time around but her brain has refused to process everything properly. It’s like she’s watching herself in slow motion, every bit of feelings amplified and her poor heart is getting overworked yet again. Jongin didn’t know what she has gotten herself into.

 

 

Yixing, Luhan and Sehun are already on Jongin’s supposedly private love life and they wouldn’t leave her alone during club meetings. She and Yixing are supposed to contact some of their alumni to come visit them and give them dance workshops. Now that the intercity competition is over, they can’t just leave the club with nothing to do. It has been quite a tradition for their seniors to come back and share their experiences, for those who have found a career in dancing. Those who didn’t were still welcome to join to give them pointers and some words of wisdom.

And yet, Jongin is trying to get her phone from Yixing who has developed a habit of snatching it from its owner. She’s changed her password just this morning to keep prying eyes away from the content of her phone. Her friends-slash-teammates have already been into her case far enough. They’re nosy as hell.

She smirked smugly when Yixing groaned as he typed the password that he has come to figure out. “Jonginnie! You grouch! Why did you change your password? You are hiding Kyungsoo’s pics here, aren’t you?”

Totally red on the face, Jongin was able to snatch her phone back. “Shut up, Xing. I have no such thing!”

Luhan sat beside her and patted her shoulder in sympathy. “Don’t worry, Jonginnie. I won’t judge. I used to keep them on my phone too.”

Or not.

Kyungsoo’s timing of call is impeccable because Jongin has not yet recovered from the fact that her boyfriend has sent pics to his ex before and knowing that she’s kept it.

“Hey, baby. What are you up to?”

She blurted out something that she didn’t want to take responsibility for. She totally blames Zhang Yixing for this.

“We’re talking about your pics and where to find them.”

Guffaws were heard even from far the earpiece. If they were to see Kyungsoo, he’s curled into himself, on the verge of crying over what his girlfriend has just told him. “I can just show you, Jongin. Just ask nicely.”

“You better keep that to yourself until I give you permission, please. No letting anybody else see your junk!”

“Yes, baby. No flashing my junk elsewhere except for you. Happy?”

“Very.”

“Good. I’ll be there in five and maybe I could show you the real deal?”

“Hmmm. Yeah, see you.”

Jongin put her phone away, only to see her friends gaping at her in disbelief. Sehun was shaking his head and was the first one to burst into a laughing fit, followed by his girlfriend and Yixing.

“Did we just hear you agree into seeing Kyungsoo’s ?” Sehun asked incredulously. “I had that traumatizing incident when I made sure that Lu’s phone is clean after they broke up and I’m scarred for life.”

The last few minutes of Jongin’s life replayed inside her head and she was appalled. She wanted the ground to swallow her because how is she going to face Kyungsoo after their conversation? This was all Yixing and his no-filter mouth’s fault.

Her contemplation on how to roast Yixing for offering to the gods was cut by Kyungsoo who gave her a back hug and a kiss on her right temple. She relaxed at this. She doesn’t know what’s with Kyungsoo’s kisses that it’s always made her feel safe and cared for. It was enough to make her forget her unfortunate slip of the tongue until Luhan spoke.

“Don’t mind, Sehun, Jonginnie,” she probably pinched her boyfriend’s thigh with Sehun wincing in pain then the table was pushed up slightly. “But I assure you, you will not be disappointed,” Luhan winked knowingly and leaned on Sehun’s shoulder.

That night, Jongin wasn’t able to see what the fuzz was about but she was able to feel it and proved that Luhan is indeed correct while trying not to burst from all the blood that has rushed to her head.

 

 

Jongin was invited into her boyfriend’s house, not his dorm because goodness knows how nosy Yixing gets, so that they could study together as the finals are approaching. Jongin’s mom has told them that she’ll be away for the whole weekend. They could’ve stayed in Jongin’s place but Kyungsoo was eager to let her taste his meals, claiming that he’s a pretty good cook and he has Yixing to back him up. They’ve passed to the grocery first to get ingredients and then, Jongin is looking at the poster-clad walls then to the bed. Kyungsoo sleeps on a king sized bed while Jongin has her double.

She’s curious on how it would feel to lay down on such a bed that brought her at the edge of it, toeing around and slowly brought herself up. Without even a minute of sitting, Jongin is already scooting herself further until she’s in the middle of the mattress and plumped down carelessly.

I’m in Kyungsoo’s home which leaves us alone for the whole weekend. Just the two of us. Staying in his house for the whole weekend. Why does he even room with Yixing if he has this nice house? Then we’ll most probably shower in the same bathroom and sleep on the same bed. I can always tell Kyungsoo to go sleep on the couch or I could volunteer myself for it but I know that he will not allow it. If I sleep on the bed, he’ll join me. If I sleep on the couch, he’ll bring me here in his room all the same. But then, we will study for the finals. Yep. That would certainly keep us busy.

But Kyungsoo has his ways of getting me distracted during study time. If he kisses me again, I don’t know if I’ll be able to stop myself. I barely did yesterday! Stupid Yixing for sending me that stupid link! Stupid me for watching it and I basically let my brains go the gutter. Ugh!

Jongin’s inner monologue continued until Kyungsoo came to fetch her for dinner. He saw his girlfriend rolling on top of his crumpled sheets and if this hasn’t been Jongin, he might’ve bust a vein because of the mess that was his pristine sheets but seeing her like this told him that she is thinking about something that makes her conflicted enough to do something childish like rolling all over his bed. Jongin looks adorable like this but he has to know what she has in mind.

He slowly laid on the other side where Jongin has rolled to and readied his arms to catch his girlfriend when she rolls his way. She must’ve been so deep in thought that she fell into Kyungsoo’s trap too easily. She squeaked in surprise when she made contact to his chest. Jongin looked up to him with unreadable eyes that sparked his worry. He hasn’t seen her like this and he’s starting to feel panic.

If only he knew that that’s the face that Jongin makes when she resigns from all her humanity and give in to her carnal desire.

“Baby, what’s wrong? Are you..?”

“Soo, do you want to kiss me?”

Although puzzled, Kyungsoo humored his girlfriend and nodded. “Of course, babe. Always.”

“I want to kiss you right now,” Jongin spoke breathlessly. Whatever it is that she’s mulling over is starting to confuse her boyfriend.

“Uh, okay?” humoring his girlfriend, Kyungsoo leaned to peck her on the lips. When he pulled back, Jongin is frowning and pouting. He doesn’t know what to make out of her expression. “Baby, where are you going with this?”

Jongin answered as if she hadn’t heard him. “But if we kiss, I will probably remember that damned video and ugh! I’m so ing curious!”

“Jongin, what—“

But Jongin isn’t hearing him as she continued to mumble to herself. She’s stayed put in Kyungsoo’s arms and so he held on her just to offer some kind of comfort. He doesn’t have any idea on what has Jongin riled up but he’s gonna wait it out. Their dinner could wait for a while.

“Soo, you’re not a , right?”

Is this a trap? Kyungsoo doesn’t know what to do but decided against lying. “Yes. Why—“

“So you know what to do after we make out?

“Uhm…”

“Of course, you do. You’ve had before…”

“Baby, what’s going on?”

This time, he got through his rambling girlfriend because if he hadn’t, Kyungsoo might’ve lost his mind already. Jongin turned sheepish but determined as she pressed herself against him while batting her eyelashes, trying to look cuter than she already is. He knows that look. Jongin only ever tries to up with her cuteness whenever she wants Kyungsoo to do something for her. Not that he minds but he can’t help but worry what could it be this time, considering the questionable precedent actions of his girlfriend.

“I promised my mom that I’ll wait but I’m so, so curious, Soo. I want to know how feels like. From the video that Xing sent me, it looks painful but everyone says otherwise. So I’m curious. Can we? Uhh, just don’t get me pregnant, okay?”

Jongin squirmed her way out of Kyungsoo’s frozen hold and crawled towards his bedside drawer. “I’ve read that people usually keep condoms in places like this. Do you keep them here, too? We’d need that, yes?” she started to raid the first drawer when Kyungsoo recovered from being stunned by Jongin’s words. He pulled her by the waist and crawled on top of her.

She looks beautiful like this, eyes wide and her lips slightly parted from the surprised scream that she let out when she was suddenly laid on her back. Kyungsoo looked for any sign of fear and uncertainty on Jongin. She’s the one who has been skittish with being physical since they have gotten together and then, she’s suddenly asking Kyungsoo if they could have ?

“Baby

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter