jeon jungkook.

03:00am.

It was faint, but certain. Something was bothering him. The small amount of panic that could be seen in his eyes, the way they darted back and forth uncertainly, looking anywhere but at Jungkook. His teeth sunk into his soft pink lips, his fingers running through his pink hair, after which he brought his hands down to his arms, rubbing them up and down against his pale skin. Goosebumps had begun to form on his arms, and it was from the foggy breath the shorter male had exhaled did Jungkook remember that it was December.

“Yoongi hyung, what’s wrong?” Jungkook gently held onto his wrist, ever so delicately, for he felt like the young man in front of him would break in that very moment.

After bringing his friend inside, Jungkook closed the door, watching as a slight comfort returned to Yoongi’s face, as the warmth began to come back to the both of them.

“Hyung, I know you wouldn’t come here without a reason.” Jungkook approached the subject again, his eyes locking themselves with Yoongi’s in the hope that he could force the truth out of him. But Yoongi frustratingly maintained a stoic front, one that exasperated Jungkook to no end as much as it did worry him.

Yoongi leaned back against the wooden door, in an attempt to be more comfortable about the situation, but Jungkook was stressing him out even more, almost rendering him incapable of stringing together the very words he had wanted to tell him for a very long time, into comprehensible sentences.

Just why was this so hard?

Yoongi opened his mouth to speak, but wasn’t completely surprised when the sound wouldn’t come out. But at the same time, the panic surged through his mind and body, and it was all he could do to hold himself steady.

“I-” Yoongi tried again, before shaking his head as he looked down at his feet, his heart beating a mile a minute and his legs shaking so violently that he didn’t know what he should be more worried about; collapsing to the floor in front of Jungkook, or-

The thought of it was enough to make him feel extremely parched, and the colour had drained off his face completely. It was, for Jungkook, very worrying to see Yoongi so… worked up about an unknown reason that Jungkook was completely determined to find out.

“Please, I’m begging you.” Jungkook threw away whatever pride he had in that moment; right now, all he wanted to know was what was bothering his friend so much.

With a slow nod, and a small cough to clear his throat, Yoongi looked up at Jungkook, and the look in his eyes was enough to make Jungkook feel the worst he had in a long time.

“Jungkook, there’s no easy way to say this.”
“If there isn’t, hyung, just say it.

Yoongi nodded again, taking a deep breath. “There’s someone I like… it’s you.”

 

SugaKookie/YoonKook is not a pairing I generally invest in but when I do I cliffhang the out of it and make everyone want to cry like WHAT HAPPENS NEXT :3c
I hope you liked this too! It was rather interesting to write; I actually wrote this a year ago :o