Chapter 11

Only Yours (Love Me, Oppa sequel) [Hiatus]

 

Your POV

The talk with Brigette seemed to lighten my heart. I became more cheerful and it was easier for me not to think about my old life.

The said Kpop concert is tonight. I don’t know why, but I am so eager to watch the show. It even took me a long time choosing what to wear. In the end, I decided to wear my silver and light green dress under my dark green cardigan.

Suddenly, I thought of Young Saeng singing on stage. I looked at myself on the mirror. I imagined Young Saeng smiling at me and telling me that I’m the most beautiful girl in the world.

“Young Saeng oppa.” I whispered.

“Ahem.” I turned around to see who was in my room. It was Van.

“Oh, hi oppa.”

He smiled widely. “You called me oppa again.”

I giggled. “I realized you deserve it anyway.”

“You’re beautiful.” He said, looking at me from head to toe. He fixed my collar and curled my hair behind my ear. “So beautiful.”

I smiled shyly at his compliment. “Thanks, oppa.”

“So…” He started as he turned me around so we both faced the mirror, his hands on my shoulders. “You were thinking of Young Saeng?”

I lowered my head. “Ne.”

“Why? I mean, why did he suddenly enter your mind while you looked at the mirror?”

I sighed. “We will go to a Kpop Concert, oppa. Before, when Young Saeng and I were still in high school, I was the captain ball of our school’s volleyball team while he was in a band, SS501. I just thought (pause) that maybe (pause) he would still be in that band and I thought (pause) actually, I was hoping that he would be in the concert tonight.”

Van saw my fake smile and a tear threatening to fall from my eye. He wiped it with his thumb and turned me around to face him. “Don’t be sad. I know you love him and I believe he loves you too. Let’s hope that he’ll be there tonight, ok? If he will be, let’s find a way for you to talk to him.”

I gave him a small smile. “I miss him so much.” I said, tears slowly falling from my eyes.

He wiped them all with his thumbs while he held my face. “I know, my baby. But please, smile now. Smile for Van oppa. I don’t like seeing you cry. Can you do that?”

I smiled and buried my face in his chest, wrapping my arms around him. He wrapped his arms around my shoulders and rested his cheek on my head, “Alright, my baby, I’ll let you cry for now. But after 10 minutes, those tears have to be dried up already, ok?”

I nodded and hugged him tighter.

“You know what? Ever since we lived with you, I started living my life with a purpose. I did that because I told myself I had a reason to make my life better. And that reason is you. If we’re not meant to be together as lovers, as much as possible I want to be a brother to you.” He lifted my face and caressed my cheeks. “I promise, I won’t be a flirt anymore. I realized it’s hard for you when I do that because you love Young Saeng so much.”

I smiled and closed my eyes as he kissed my forehead.

“What do you mean, living your life with a purpose?” I asked as I hugged him again.

“I meant, being a better person. Living life with a reason and not just going with the flow and waiting for death. I was that boy. I never looked at life as a good thing. My mom died when I was 5 years old. But my dad still worked hard to bring me up well. He sent me to a private school, but I never studied well. They hated it. They got rid of me.”

~Flashback~

Van’s POV

“Van!!!” My dad shouted from his room as he heard me walking up the stairs.

“What?” I asked irritated as I entered his room.

“Don’t speak to me like that, you ing good-for-nothing of a son!! What’s this?!” He shouted, flailing a piece of paper in the air.

“My report card.” I answered coldly. “What do you think it is? A dinner menu?”

“ you, Van Scott! Do you think I work 10 hours everyday just to receive an all-F grade from you?!! Do you think money grows on trees?!” He was shaking in rage, but I kept my cool. I leaned on the wall with my arms crossed.

“Are you done?” I asked.

He threw my report card at me. “Get out of this house you !! I don’t need a son like you who can’t appreciate anything given to him!!!”

It was my turn to get mad.

“Why? Do you think I don’t know?! Do you think I’m still too young to understand what you do every night? Huh?! I see you dad! I always see you bringing a different girl home each night!! I see you ing them on the couch, in the kitchen and EVEN IN MOM’S STUDY ROOM!!! You’re asking me why I’m giving you an all-F grade? That’s the reason!! You ing disrespect my mom!!”

With that, I stormed out of his room and entered mine. I took my gym bag and packed my clothes. I didn’t bother taking my books since I was sure that I won’t be studying anymore. All I wanted was to get away from my father.

~End of Flashback~

“That night, I left our house. On my first few nights away from home, I was scared. I was only 12 years old and I didn’t have anywhere to go. Threw the years after that, I became a bad guy. Stealing and robbing shops and bank.” Van said as he wiped the last few tears on my face.

“But that was until 2 years ago, when they told me I’d be living with a girl to guard her. They showed me a picture of you and I was like ‘Hey, she’s so beautiful. I hope she’d like me.’ Then I remembered what I did for a living. I decided to stop my bad deeds. I did that, so I can be proud of myself in front of you.”

“Oppa…”

He smiled. “You can’t believe I was like that, can you?”

I gave him a peck on the cheek. “You’re a nice person, oppa.. Just raised up by the wrong father..”

I fixed my face and my hair before going down to the living room with Van to meet the others.
_________________________

Comments please! I promise, I'm gonna cry if I don't receive comments from you :((