Part 3: Final

Boiled Eggs - When the Craving HITS [Complete]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Epilogue

 

I slowly make my way to my mother’s car as she finishes discussing matters that would bore me to death with my doctor. As I steps out of the hospital entrance, I’m forced to cover my eyes for fear of being blinded by the bright sunshine that greets me.

The doctor, after much complaint from my drowsy self, insisted that I stay overnight for observation in case of a concussion. Even though I was adamant that I was fine, nobody seemed to want to listen to me.
   And so it’s a day and a half later and here I stand, in front of the hospital doors staring at the person in front of me. The night passed quickly and all I can really remember about the day before is that I threw a bit of a fit at the sight of the bowl of boiled eggs that he had brought for me as a gift.

I looks at him, standing coolly against my mother’s car, and wonder why exactly it is that after nearly a year of being served by him, I still don’t know this guy’s name. I take a tiny step towards his awaiting figure only to stop in my tracks, asking myself a million questions about what I should say to him. Even though the past two days are still a bit of a blur, I remember being particularly rude to him and find that with the new day, my conscience has awakened.
  Taking the courage to move closer I finds myself approaching the car, little by little, until finally I’m standing awkwardly in front of him.

“Hi” I says timidly only to be greeted by a silent nod of acknowledgment. “So my mom tells me you basically saved my life. Is that true?” I ask, my mind still a bit fuzzy about the details of what happened two days ago.
  The tuck shop guy laughs under his breath and straightens his posture just enough to seem taller than me.
“I’d say it was true if your life had actually been in danger. All you have is a tiny scar on your head that just barely bleeds. I wouldn’t exactly call that a fatal wound.” he responds shortly at me. I stand silently for a moment, not really sure what to say next. I’m isn’t exactly the greatest talker in the world and the words I really wants to say just won’t come out as easily as I wants them to. I open his mouth to talk but before I can say anything the he reaches for the bag on his back and shoves it in my arms.
  “I came to give this to you.” He says and as I look from the bag in my arms back at him again, I’m surprised to find that he’s already started walking away from me.

“Wait!” I shout so suddenly that it startles both him and me. I watch as he turns around to throw a questioning glance my way. “I-I’m sorry!” I yell, barely able to contain my embarrassment at having to apologize to somebody who caused me so much frustration. I open my eyes, only then realising that I had shut them as the words escaped my lips. The tuck shop guy looks genuinely shocked at my outburst and is staring at me like I’m an alien from Pluto. I figure that he’s not quite sure why I suddenly feel the need to apologise so I try to elaborate.
  “W-well… I was a bit of an the other day and I know you probably couldn’t help being late and all. I’m just sorry for being such a spoiled brat and… also thank you. Thanks for not leaving me alone at that creepy school all night. I would have died from fear.” I finish and wait for his response. I watch as he fully turns to face me and draw in some air when he speaks.
   “It’s no big d

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter