Part 2

Boiled Eggs - When the Craving HITS [Complete]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Boiled Eggs – When the Craving Hits

Part 2

My head? We’re in my head? “But why on earth would we be in my head?” I ask my mother only to hear her happily humming like she doesn’t hear me. I try to reach out to her but there’s really nothing for me to reach out to in this formless world and in my current state. I listen for a while as she encourages me to eat once again. This time however, it’s as if she’s talking to a version of me that I can’t seem to see.
  The picture I’m seeing slowly starts to become clearer. The fog starts to clear away like one scene of a movie slowly fading into another. I try to stay and watch the scene of my mother force feeding me breakfast only to be whisked away buy forces unknown. The more I fight against the force at work, the stronger it becomes so eventually I find myself giving in and letting it have its way.
  Just as my essence is about fully drained from the scene my focus is shifted from the clear image of my mom’s beautiful face, to what she’s holding in her hands.

“Donghae, love,” she says with the widest smile on her face, “would you like some boiled eggs?” And just like that the scene turns volatile. The floor trembles beneath my feet – which I can now see and feel with such intensity that it hurts.
  I try to move them but they feel glued to the floor by my own weight. The scene is dark; made up of shades of red. I look up from of my feet to find wide eye’s staring at me – eyes that seem far too eager.
  “Donghae,” a voice calls out, my mother’s voice, “I asked you a question.” The big eyed and shadowed figure approaches me as if entering from a horror movie. It has the voice of my mom but I can barely recognize her when compared to the mother I just saw not moments ago. My spine fills with ice, sending shivers through my entire body at the sight of her. I try to back away but still, my feet are heavy as giant boulders stuck to the ground.
  “I asked you a question Donghae… Just answer the question.” The voice keeps saying over and over as the specter-like form edges closer to where I stand solid on the ground. Its approach causes my heart to beat like hammers being bashed against my rib cage. I can’t seem to keep my heart from beating too fast. Fear has a tight grip on me. Its grip only tightens when the voice gets louder and louder as she moves closer and closer until...

“I Asked You A Question! I ASKED YOU A QUESTION! I ASKED YOU A QUESTION!” the voice shrieks right in my face; my eyes widen from facing eyes equally wide but far more gruesome. As her echoing voice rings violently in my ears, I watch the veins in her eyes grow bigger and bigger and so much bigger. So big they look like they’ll burst at any minute. I try to turn my head away from the sight only to feel ice cold hands gripping my chin and holding my head in place. Then, in the lowest and most frightening voice I’ve ever had the ill luck of hearing she says…
  “I asked you a question.” And half a second after that she begins to shove hard, unshelled boiled eggs into my mouth. I try to resist at first but my resistance only adds to her fury.

“Eat, eat, EAT!” she keeps repeating as she pushes the boiled eggs down my throat. “Eat, eat, EAT!”

I can barely breathe from the unwelcomed invasion of my mouth. Although the idea of so many eggs being shoved down my throat seems implausible somehow she manages to get each one right where it should go. I choke on each lump forced down in my throat and feel myself beyond my limit. This close to death I can barely manage to keep my legs from caving in under me so before I take a great big fall I kneel down and grab hold of my neck, heaving for breath.
  My mother’s assault has temporarily stopped but as I catch a glimpse of her from the corner of my eye I see her enraged expression and I know that I should run. I try to get up but my lower body feels barely existent while my upper body in in colossal pain. My stomach is bulging from the unwelcomed invaders and everything from my lips down feels like it’s on fire. Even so I make an effort, I really do. I can’t have this hellish scene repeating itself now can I?
  I use all my remaining strength to drag myself in the opposite direction to that in which my mom is slowly creeping up on me with ill intent written all over her face and a bowl of eggs clutched at her side.
  “Crap!” I think aloud as I slide along with no particular destination in mind, “what the hell did I get myself into?’
  My mind races with the possibilities of what could happen to me in this situation I’m in right now. So what if this really is all happening in my head? What do I do to get the hell out of here?
  If it’s all in my head then wouldn’t that mean it’s some kind of dream? It would, wouldn’t it? I don’t know. All I know is that if this is a dream then technically I can control it right? At least that’s what I’ve heard. Where did I hear that again?

CRACK! SPLATTER!

My train of thoughts is brought to an immediate halt as I feel wet sliminess make its way down my arm. I look up. She’s here and she’s incensed beyond compare.
  “Where are you going my love? Come here. Come here. Come here. Come here” she says in the creepiest and most hoarse voice I have ever heard. She’s standing just meters from me and her eyes seem to burn an angry orange in the darkness that seems to be swallowing us up. She seems to be waiting for me to make a move as she incessantly repeats “Come here” in that horrid voice.

I turn my head to see what’s behind me only to find blackness and nothing else. In front of me is a demon version of my mother, holding onto a bowl of eggs in one hand and just about ready to throw the egg she holds with the other hand.
  I take a second to breathe while fixing my eyes on the figure before me. If this really is a dream then I can get out of it right?
  I quickly flex my toes to check if I can manage what I’m about to do and luckily enough, my legs s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter