Chapter 5 : Reunited Revelations

Dragons in Dungeons

Author's Note: Sorry for updating years later! I've been super busy these days. BUT HEY. Look! An update!

 


 

Sweat pours down their bodies, mixing with the dirt and grime of the forest. Jungkook and Jimin are itching, having gone through some poison ivy while running from the Titan Boa. Kieun's painkiller ran out overnight and now her leg is throbbing more than before. She wants some relief for her discomfort. She's never slept so bad in her life.

The best news, however terrible their journey through the forest has been, is that they're in a town. More lucky even, it's the town they needed to be in. Jimin scratches his leg every once in a while and sighs at the events before. They almost literally drag their bodies through the town.

It's big, but still smaller than the town BTS live in. It's called Haebalagi and the name certainly fits with the large sunflower field they had to walk through before they got here. There are plenty of magic shops and alchemy guilds here and the roads, unlike Daebag, are made of gravel. Although the town is on a hill, there are wells at every corner. Women are actively working and there are children playing in the streets. The buildings are cozy looking and in front of each there's a small garden of flowers, most having sunflowers.

The atmosphere is certainly different from Daebag and much better for Jibang; he loves the flowers. Back home, she would always keep a vase of flowers in each room for him. The thought brings a sad expression to her face. Is Jibang okay? Of course, she scolds herself. He's with BTS. V will definitely take care of him with all his heart.

"I can't believe so much happened in one day..." Jimin drags his hammer on the ground. People watch their disheveled appearances with curiosity.

"I guess that's what happens around th-" Jimin sends Jungkook a fiery look. The maknae doesn't say another word. Kieun glances between them. She shrugs the exchange off as if nothing happened.

"We need to clean off all this...dirt and find some place to wash our clothes." Jimin sighs and runs a hand through his hair. They walk up to an older woman.

"Excuse me, Miss."

"Yes? Do you need-- oh my!" She takes one look at Kieun's leg and gasps. "Your wound is terribly infected! If you don't get it treated soon, you might get Gangrene." Jungkook makes a disgusted face until he realizes that it's Kieun's health on the line.

"Do you know anywhere we can get it treated?" He asks politely, but demandingly. The old woman frowns and shakes her head.

"Our town doctor has been missing for some time now, I'm afraid he has yet to come back..." Jimin looks at Kieun with a frustrated expression and clicks his tongue.

"I'm so sorry, Kieun-" the girls becomes fed up.

"I'm happy you're worried for me, really. But standing around feeling sorry for me isn't going to help me. Let's find a solution before my leg rots!" She crosses her arms. His mouth is wide open with shock. A look of realization washes over his face.

"Well said, Noona," Jungkook nods down at her.

"We should at least shower and clean the wound," Jimin finally responds. He reaches into his pockets and his face becomes pale. "Oh no..."

"What is it, Hyung? Don't tell me you didn't bring any gold!" Even Jungkook is feeling the hopelessness of the situation.

"We have a creek really close to our home. I can't help with much else, but I hope that can be of use to you," the old woman tells them. Kieun grins.

"Thank you so much! You've done more than enough!" The woman places a hand on the girl's shoulder.

"I can't imagine how you got that wound, but be thankful that you're alive. Every day is a gift, remember that." And with those mysterious words, she enters her house. Jungkook shifts Kieun in his arms and hops from excitement.

"Finally. Cleanness."

"Don't get ahead of yourself, Jungkook. We still have to call BTS," Jimin interrupts.

Wait. Call?

"Come again?" Kieun wonders. It's not possible for them to make phone calls in this world.

"Did you bring the crystal?" Jungkook asks Jimin. The warrior rummages through the bags and brings out a green, asymmetrical gem. How can they make a call with that? "Good... Noona. Do you mind if I set you down for this? I promise it's only a minute." He looks down at Kieun who nods and watches them. They place both their hands on the stone and close their eyes. It starts glowing brightly until a vortex type magic appears before them.

For a moment, she can hear muffled voices until Suga's face appears in the image. Kieun grins and shakes with excitement.

"Yoongi!" Her outburst surprises even the boys beside her. The warlock smiles softly when he notices Kieun on the floor with an ecstatic look on her face.

"Ah. Kieun. Your wound looks bad, but you're fine. That's good to see." Jimin and Jungkook look between each other.

"Hyung, we're in Haebalagi," Jungkook explains.

"I understand why. The town is nearly burned to ashes. I'm surprised the guild is untouched. Must be the effect of...hmm." He doesn't finish his sentence. "Anyway. RapMonster just overheard. We're on our way there. Jin is bringing medicines for Kieun. Jin said, "Tell her to rest and clean her wound before I get there.""

"Thank you Yoongi, Jin," she tells him, genuinely thankful.

"Take care of yourselves."

"Will do, Hyung," Jimin smiles with relief. Jin is coming with medical help. That's the best news they can hear.

"Ah. V wants some words," Suga tells them as V appears in the view with Jibang in his arms.

"Jibang is okay! I've given him five apples and a piece of my chicken meat an-" Kieun bursts out laughing. V grins like an idiot.

"I'm so thankful to you, V. I'm sure Jibang is, too. Even if he acts like a brat." The pig lifts his noise indignantly, but she can tell by his sparkling eyes that he's happy to see her.

"Good." And just like that, V leaves. The call seems to be fading away when a familiar smile makes its entrance. J-Hope's hair is wild and the way he swings his quiver around makes it seem as if they got back from a huge battle. Kieun can't hold her laughter and joy. Her leg pain is the least of her worries with these boys always there to make her feel better.

"Hobie!" She's never been more happy to see someone in her life. J-Hope is so easy to get along with.

"Kieunie! I'm happy to see you! I'll cut this call short, though."

"Huh? Why?" She wants to talk to him more.

"The faster we get going, the faster we can talk in person!" He says as if it's obvious.

"It's only been one day..." Jungkook mumbles as he looks off to the side.

"You don't understand how long a day is in J-Hope-hyung's world," Jimin snickers and crosses his arms.

"Okay. Be careful, Hoseok!"

"You, too. We'll be there as fast as possible." Finally, the crystal stops glowing. Even if she's a bit sad that it wasn't long, she's happy she'll see Jibang and the rest of BTS again. Jimin stuffs it into his pocket and smiles at his companions.

"Now it's time to get clean. Shall we go?"

 


It isn't just a creek, it's a small lake. At least fifty people can fit there comfortably. Jungkook places Kieun on top of a rock.

"This is going to be great! That water is probably so cool and refreshing. Aren't you excited, Noona?!" Kieun giggles at his enthusiasm. The younger member notices how he must have sounded and he quickly clears his throat. "I'm just glad to be clean, I me- Hyung?! What are you doing?!" She shifts her gaze to Jimin. In an instant, her face turns tomato red.

"What is it, Jungkook? I'm going to bathe. Or do you expect me to do it with clothes on?" Jimin laughs. At least his pants are still on, Kieun muses. Jungkook looks back at Kieun.

"...Noona. Scold him. I can't do it."

"He's right. Don't you have to bathe, too?"

"Yeah, Kookie. Kieun has to get clean, too-" Jungkook looks positively mortified. "-And to do that she has to be-"

"Hyung." The maknae' face is as hard as a rock. "When Kieun takes her bath, we can't look. We'll be close, to make sure she's okay, but not invading her privacy, okay?" His words make her chest feel fluffy. What an innocent and chivalrous maknae... A boy like Jungkook in her world would have a million fangirls.

"You're just saying that so you won't be embarrassed near her."

Jimin ruins Jungkook's moment.

 


The sun's brightness meant their clothes could dry quickly. Within the hour, they're bathed and all wearing clean clothes again. It was quite the struggle to be waiting for the clothes to dry; Jungkook had his hands over his eyes the whole time as Jimin about being too innocent for his own good. Kieun still couldn't walk however, so Jungkook offered to carry her so they could find supplies to dress her wounds. It looks much better now than when they came into town earlier.

They walk through town in search of a store. Despite not having gold, maybe Jimin can charm a merchant into giving him some wraps for her wound. And it shouldn't be hard; it's such a peaceful town. Everyone is working with a friendly face and each person they pass greets them. It gives Kieun an odd feeling, but she doesn't comment. She's probably just on edge since the attack at BTS guild yesterday.

A sudden gurgling makes her flinch. Jungkook blushes and looks down at her. She starts snickering when she realizes it's his stomach growling.

"Hungry, Kookie?" He shakes his head, 'no', but it's too late to lie now.

"You must be. You've done a lot. And the only thing we've eaten is that rabbit I killed yesterday," Jimin comments. The warrior sighs and kicks a rock.

"I'm so stupid to have forgotten the gold..."

"Ah, Hyung! Don't beat yourself over it! Anyone cou-"

"We could be treating Kieun's wounds right now. You could have gotten a meal afterward. I'm such an idiot." Frowning, Jimin looks back at Kieun's wounds which get worse every minute. She rolls her eyes and glares at him. He's always putting himself down.

"You are stupid. You're always dampening your own spirits. Complaining isn't gonna get you anywhere. Let's go into every house and ask for some food or supplies! Everyone here is so nice, they probably won't care if we borrow a few things!" Her voice rises with each sentence and Jimin finds himself getting more upset by the second. He stands there for a few moments, simply mulling over her scolding words. Jimin smiles at her, but she can tell it's forced.

"Well?!" She urges.

"Fine. I'll go look for something." He turns away and runs off.

"Hyung!" Jungkook calls after his friend pathetically. "...Noona," his voice is quiet. "That was too much."

"Well, if I someone doesn't knock some sense into him, then he'll never realize!" The younger boy shakes his head.

"I can't yell at you, Noona, but I really want to."

"Do it. Yell at me. I want to know what you're thinking." For a moment, he looks at her with shock, but he nods and begins voicing his thoughts, his boots crunching even harder against the gravel.

"Well, first off, you're acting like a brat. Ever since you got here, we've taken such good care of you and I really appreciate you saving us earlier, but that doesn't mean you get to mistreat us. You should be grateful we still keep you around even after how much you've lied to us. We know who you really are and--" he suddenly stops himself before he can continue. His whole body becomes tense.

"Who I really am? What does that mean? Jungkook!" His facial expression tells it all.

"Noona, please ignore what I just said. I mean-"

"Jungkookie! Kieunie!" A loud voice stops them before anything else can develop. J-Hope runs over to them and instantly grabs Kieun's hand. He gasps at the wound and waves over the rest of BTS quickly. Kieun looks back at Jungkook who is purposely avoiding her gaze.

She will find out what's going on later.

The rest of the members appear behind J-Hope and Jin steps to the front in an instant, knowing exactly why J-Hope called for them.

He gives her leg one glance and says, "We need a large supply of fairy wings and dandelion salve." RapMonster nods at Jin's words. Jin frowns at the wound. "This is terrible. It's already so infected... Can you move your toes?" Kieun complies easily. He sighs with relief. "It's quite severe, but with proper treatment and rest it will heal." The rest of the members exhale and smile at each other, as if something miraculous just happened.

"We can take her to an inn and you can treat her there." NamJoon suggests as he pulls a bag of coins from his robe.

"Yes. I will personally take care of you for a while, so no need to worry, Kieun." Jin smiles and it comforts her for a moment.

"Where is Jimin-hyung?" V asks, a sleeping Jibang in his arms. It warms Kieun's heart, but now is not the time to be awestruck by her pet. How can she explain to them that she chased Jimin away?

"He went to find supplies," she quickly covers. Jungkook has been quiet the whole time and Suga notices.

"Jungkook." He jumps at his name and Suga only has his suspicions confirmed further. The warlock smirks. "Nevermind." The maknae knows that's not where it ends, especially not with someone like Suga.

"Hmm?" V blinks. "Oh! Let's go find Jimin-hyung."

"Suga and Jin can go find an inn for Kieun. Jungkook, come with us and help find Jimin." RapMonster assigns the members to their duties and everyone nods. "Ah. J-Hope I nearly forgot." The smiley member perks up at his name. "I need you to find the old prophet who lives here. The quicker we can figure out his location, the better." The air becomes thick. Jungkook's eyes shift to Kieun again.

"Right. I was just thinking that." J-Hope's face becomes serious as he contemplates his leader's words. "I'll return tomorrow morning with news." His determination surprises Kieun, having never seen J-Hope act like that.

"We can contact each other via the gemstone later on," RapMonster finishes.

"Right! Take care, Kieunie! I'll be back to check on you later!" He winks and runs off quickly. The members split up as Jin grabs Kieun from Jungkook, who is eager to get away from her prying eyes.

Any longer and he would have said something he would really regret.