Chapter 2 : The Rest of BTS

Dragons in Dungeons

A boy in a baby pink trench coat jumps off the couch and walks up to Kieun first. He puts a hand to his chin in thought. Then, he reaches out to grab a lock of her hair. She knows him from her brother's description as mysterious. Kieun cringes at his touch.

"Stop putting up a show, V." The boy makes a strange face and quickly releases her hair. Letting out a breath she didn't know she was holding in, Kieun is full of relief.

"Hello," he says, his voice rumbling in his chest. It's surprisingly husky for his image.

"Hi..." She tries to smile, but it probably appears forced. Another one stands up from the couch, wearing a tall wizard's hat and easily towering over everyone else. He has a certain air of power and she can tell just by looking that he's the leader. RapMonster the wizard. Stopping right in front of her, he grabs her hand and plants a kiss on her knuckles, making her ears hot. She wrenches her hand away. The wizard gives her a warry expression.

"My name is NamJoon. Just call me RapMonster. Welcome to BTS. If J-Hope invited you it must be for a good reason," he wonders as he looks to the smiling archer.

"Right. She says she lost her memory. She appeared in the middle of Feltch Fields and-"

"I can speak for myself you know." All J-Hope does is chuckle and motion for Kieun to follow. They walk toward a door with intricate carvings. What could it be for? RapMonster nods at Hoseok to leave. V smiles at the animal in her arms. He wiggles his fingers as if he wants him to jump into his arms.

Jibang oinks and hops out of Kieun's arms to walk around. His head is high, feeling arrogant about everyone's intrigue in the two people. A pair of hands scoop him up. Kieun watches the exchange between a smiling V and struggling Jibang.

"This is a private moment. V will take good care of your pet." The wizard opens the door and waits for her to enter. Tentative, but curious, she walks in and instantly her eyes widen at the sights. There's magic floating in the air and animal ears in bottles and in one of the tubes it looks like...frogs? But they have no legs! It makes her nose crinkle. He closes the door gently.

"I apologize if some of the items in here are uncomfortable to look at. Suga and I share this space. His experiments are strange."

"Strange is a complete understatement", she muses. Finding a chair beside her, she sits down. "But it's none of my business to judge." NamJoon looks back at her for a moment.

"...Right. Well, I need you to close your eyes."

"Why?" She asks.

"I need to access your nerves. I can't do that with your eyes open." Finally- but with hesitation -she closes her eyes.

"And if didn't close my eyes? What would you do?" She doesn't hesitate for a single moment. He's taken aback by her quick tongue.

"I think I understand now why J-Hope was eager to help you," he tells her in a strange tone as he hovers a glowing hand above her head. It changes color a few times, but nothing else happens. "Hmm. How interesting. It must be true..."

"What? Is something wrong?" Kieun becomes tense, worried about what he could say. Did he find out she didn't belong in this world? Is he detecting a lie? Does he know the color of her...undies?

"You say you lost your memory. That spell would usually work in regaining them, but there's something blocking your spiritual body from my magic." Her face contorts to puzzlement.

"Spiritual body?"

"Yes. When using a magic that accesses the mind or nerves, it's interacting with the spirit and not the physical being."

"..." NamJoon chuckles at her expression. He can see the gears turning in her head. "Sounds weird."

"It's difficult to understand. Don't think about it too much. Come." She leaves the room behind him, surely looking like a lost puppy. J-Hope is the first to greet her at the door.

"How are you feeling, Kieun? Better?" He smiles.

"I can't access her memories," RapMonster tells him. His smile forms into a frown.

"Yeah. I'm totally lost right now."

"That's no good. What will we do?" The leader sighs, closing his eyes and adjusting his robes.

"We have to care of her until I can find a better solution..." V comes up to them, pig in his arms. Jibang looks frustrated at how little he can do about the situation.

"Here. He likes you better," V sighs as he hands Kieun the pig. She smiles.

"Thanks. I know he's a jerk." The boy nods and returns to the living room. Kieun watches J-Hope and RapMonster exchanging wordless conversations. Guilt fills her whole being, but she doesn't express it. They probably have more important things to do than babysit her.

"Hey, guys!" They turn to her. "I...really... I didn't mean to get mixed up in your business. I'll just lea-"

"Absolutely not." A new voice catches her attention. He's wearing all white robes and seems to be glowing. There's a firm smile on his lips. "You're under our wings now." Jin. The handsome and angelic priest.

"That's right, Kieun. You're a friend," J-Hope adds. She looks to RapMonster for confirmation and he nods. A warm, fuzzy sensation envelopes her chest.

"Oh..."

"Now, let's meet the rest of the members." Jin gently grabs her by the arm, as if she was porcelain, and leads her to the living room. V waves at her from the left couch as he messes with the safety on his gun.

"Hello," V says to her. Kieun can't hold her smile. He's interesting.

"Hi, Kieun. I'm Jimin." An attractive boy with dark locks and heavy armor says. He gets up and walks toward her. "How old are you?"

"Does it matter?"

"I'm just curious! So fast to talk!" Jimin laughs.

"I'm 20." His face instantly brightens.

"You're my age, then. And Jungkook's Noona." Surprised, she blinks a few times. She didn't know they used Noona back then. Well, actually, this is a fantasy world so anything goes.

"Okay. I'll take good care of him then." Kieun jokes around with him, curious to his reaction.

He just laughs and tells her, "We'll see about that." Another boy with intricate clothing and an embellished sword walks up beside Jimin. He must be a knight or something. His face is young. Jungkook. The noble one. His smile is awkward.

"Hello. My name is Jungkook." From what she can tell, he's anxious. Why?

"What's wrong with you?" Jin chuckles, as if he knew something she didn't.

"Jin-Hyung..." he says in a warning tone. V hops off the couch and grabs the both of them, taking them somewhere unknown. Jungkook follows. What strange people... The last guy on the couch doesn't stand up, but he sends Kieun a half smile.

"Hey. I'm Yoongi. Just call me Suga. And sorry for the stuff in that room. It's natural," he shrugs. She places her hands on her hips and shrugs.

"It's weird, definitely. But we all have our secrets, right?" Suga's eyebrow rises. He smiles and closes his eyes, leaning deeper into the couch.

"Right." Seeing as how Suga is the only one on the couch now and J-Hope and RapMonster are having a serious conversation- concerning her surely- she decides to sit next to Suga. Said person watches her from the corner of his eye. Jibang leaves her arms and sits in the warmth between her and Suga. The silence between them is suffocating.

"What do warlocks do?" Kieun bursts out without thinking.

"I use magic."

"What kind? RapMon uses magic, too. What's the difference?"

"I make potions. I dissect animals. I raise the dead." He gauges Kieun's reaction. She just nods.

"That's sounds useful. Weird, but useful. And raising the dead, not everyone can do it, so you must be special." A soft, almost undetectable, smile sits on his face.

"Is that sarcasm?" He smirks.

"Maybe?" Suga shakes his head.

"Well, yes. There aren't a lot of warlocks." A moment of contemplation passes until Suga sits up and turns to her, suspicion clear in his eyes. "How did you know I was a warlock? I never told you." She gulps and starts thinking of a lie. Looking anywhere, but his eyes, she rubs her neck anxiously.

"You look...cooler." A smirk works its way to his lips.

"Thanks for my ego. I guess my clothing gives it away," he mutters. He stares at Kieun intently. Her face becomes hot. This is too much in one day!

"Stop staring at me."

"My bad." He shrugs and returns to the matter at hand. "I've noticed how strange your clothing is. What is this object?" Suga grabs her hand and touches her watch. Figurative buckets of sweat pour down her body.

"I'm not sure."

"Oh yeah. You have no memory. Sorry." He looks her up and down. Pulling at her pants leg, he touches the hem with careful fingers. "I've never seen this material. It's good... I'm curious," he says to her. His eyes look into hers, too many emotions melting inside. "Why do you seem so different?" She blinks multiple times before standing up abruptly. Suga makes her anxious.

"I..." Kieun is at a loss for words. This guy is observant. He shakes his head and stands up. Jibang squeals after being woken up from his nap.

"RapMonster is probably wanting to talk to you. I need to go on an errand. Pleasure." His words are rushed as he waves and exits the guild. She watches the door, wondering what happened. Her companion stretches and yawns until he gets off the couch. Jibang runs around and bumps into a leg accidentally. V picks him up for the second time and cradles the pig in his arms. He nods toward Kieun and walks upstairs with him.

"Kieun," NamJoon calls her name. Suga must be psychic or something; he predicted RapMonster exactly. "We have a plan for you." J-Hope nods with a warm smile as he goes up the stairs of the guild. Is he preparing for something?

"Really?"

"Yes. Since my magic can't access your spirit, we need another kind of magic. In town there's a fortune teller who's old and wise. She can't help you get your memory, but she can tell you what to do next," he explains. Kieun bites her lip, confused that they still believe she has no memory. She remembers everything clearly since the moment before she arrived here, she just doesn't want to believe it.

"Kieun." She jumps and looks back at him. His expression is a gentle one.

"Yes?" For once in her life, she's as meek as a mouse.

"Tell me when you're ready." Kieun can't decipher what he's saying by that. Does he mean ready to leave or ready to tell the truth?

"What?" He just smiles. J-Hope hops down the steps and places a hand on her shoulder. His touch comforts her previous tenseness. The rest of the boys come down as well. Jungkook seems to have put on armor and Jin has a staff in his hand now. Jibang doesn't even protest as V nuzzles his face into the pig's back. The scene puts a big smile on her face.

"Where's Yoongi?" Jin asks as he looks around for the warlock.

"He's going on an errand," Kieun tells him. The priest nods in understanding.

"Are we going?" Jimin asks, adjusting his weapon.

"Right away!" J-Hope opens the door and allows the rest of the BTS members past. Hopefully she finds it in herself to tell them the truth about herself, as ridiculous as it is.