Chapter 3 : Bright Fortune

Dragons in Dungeons

Author's Note: I'm sorry these chapters are progressing so slowly! I promise that in chapter 4, the real adventure and fun times will start. :O)

 


 

Kieun wrings her hands together, opening and closing multiple times. This place...is something like a Harry Potter movie. The tent on the outside was a simple, purple and red striped tent. On the inside it turned into a large house with cushions all over the floor. The thing that captures her attention the most is definitely the gigantic crystal ball on a pedestal in the middle. It's the size of a person and inside there are particles of magic and glimpses of what seem to be fairies.

V instantly sits down on a cushion beside the crystal ball. Kieun follows and sits next to him. He is just as intrigued with the ball, if not more. Someone chuckles behind her. It's Jin.

"It's pretty, right?" His voice is pleasant. Before she can respond, the clatter of beads can be heard and an old woman with beady eyes walks out.

"Where's Seokjin? I heard his voice." She has no shoes on and she's wearing heavy-looking bracelets and a bright red dress. There's a strange, but warm air surrounding her. Jibang wiggles into Kieun's lap and watches the old woman as she feels around for Jin.

"It's nice to see you, Dara," he says, holding her hand. Her eyes widen. Strange considering her blindness.

"Oh my, you get more charming every day," she giggles. Jin smiles and the rest of BTS snickers. "Where's Kieun?" Said girl gasps. How did she know?! She shifts around in her spot. "There you are, darling." Dara comes toward her and grabs her hand. Despite the wrinkles, her hand are soft.

"You're a fiery one. I know just by your hands. Hardworking, too." She nods in approval. The rest of the boys find seats in front of the crystal ball. RapMonster sits beside Kieun. Eventually, after extensive hand touching, Dara comes to the other side of the crystal ball.

"We're here because we're worried for Kieun's lost memory. NamJoon, can't reach her mind-" Jin begins explaining, but Dara interrupts.

"I know, I know. What do you take me for? And I'm just saying, memory isn't Kieun's problem," every BTS member except NamJoon stares at Kieun. She glares down at her lap in shame and anger. So much for lying. This lady knows everything!

"Right. I suspected that. But it's still something I can do nothing about. Her mind is inaccessible by my magic," the leader tells Dara. Jungkook continues to watch Kieun. The girl tries to ignore his stare, but it's hard when he's not being discreet at all. Kieun looks at him and stares him down until he has to look away.

"Mhmm. I know, honey. Let's get to work!" Dara hovers her hands over the huge crystal ball, as if reaching for a hug. The magical particles inside explode and rush from left to right and top to bottom in an erratic manner until everything disappears. All that's left is the dull sheen of the crystal itself. Everyone is silent and Kieun turns to RapMon in question. He shrugs and looks back at the ball.

"Dara-Noona, what did you do to the magic?" V asks.

"It took a lot of magic to read Kieun's future. There's so much going on that I can't seem to focus..." Kieun frowns.

"So y-"

"OH!" The woman suddenly exclaims, surprising everyone in the room. Even Jibang squealed and flinched. "Yes. I'm seeing a big fight, an old man, a lake, a temple, a pretty place...Hmmmm. A prophecy. I see now..." She placed her hands on the crystal ball and it turns red. The old woman chuckles and takes her hands off. It returns to its original color. "BTS will certainly be a large part of your future." RapMonster looks at Kieun and she returns his confusion.

"Can you say more?"

"I'm afraid I've already said too much. I don't want to change the course of the future," she explains her reasoning. Jin stands up and everyone else follows. Jibang jumps into Kieun's arms. The priest reaches forward to give her a kiss on the hand.

"Thank you so much for your help, Dara." Jin places his hands behind his back as she starts going on about how charming he is. Jimin stretches, feeling stiff from the position. He walks over to Kieun and pats her arm.

"You heard her. Do you like playing cards?" Kieun admires his effortless friendliness.

"Do you have cards on you now?" Jimin shoves his hands in his pockets, but doesn't find anything.

"We'll just have to do something else." She laughs at his deterred expression. RapMonster and Jin wave their goodbyes to Dara and walk toward the group. V touches the crystal ball one last time.

"Bye, Noona!" He waves. Kieun makes eye contact with the old woman. The members leave the tent. Before she can leave, Dara grabs Kieun's shoulder.

"Trust them. Tell them your secret. Maybe not all of them, but at least one. That's my advice. Take care, Kieun," she murmurs. And with that ominous message, she shoos Kieun away.

 


When they return to the guild, Suga is reading a heavy tome. He looks up and makes eye-contact with Kieun, making her whip her head in the other direction. She squeezes Jibang in her arms, who snorts at her behavior. Jin smiles and greets Suga before going upstairs to- assumedly- his room. The atmosphere is silent until Suga closes his book.

"How did it go?"

"We'll be having Kieun around for a while." Although RapMonster tells him this with a smile, she's wary. Why are they so nice to her when she's been nothing but a burden?

"Yeah. And Jibang, too," V adds as he adjusts the sleeve of his coat. Jungkook yawns and looks out the window. It's almost sunset. The dim sunlight casts a soft, orange glow on the guild. She doesn't know how time passes in this world, but it must be similar to the real world. The younger boy goes and sprawls out on the couch. He takes off his armor and places it on the side. Jimin and V join Suga on his couch in order to let their youngest member rest. It's no wonder he's always tired; his armor looks exceedingly heavy for his size.

"I bought her clothes." Everyone perks up at this.

"Is that the errand you went on?" RapMonster asks with a smirk. He then studies her clothing and nods. "They are strange. And they don't look durable. She will definitely need more." Jibang snorts and closes his eyes in agreement.

"Hey! Don't be like that!" Kieun jabs her finger into his pudgy back. The members smile at the exchange. Wiggling out of her arms, he goes over to the couch Jungkook is lying on and sits in the empty space. This pig...he thinks he owns the place.

"That's really nice of you Suga. Isn't it, Kieun?" J-Hope smiles down at her and holds her shoulder. Kieun nods in return, but not without casually shrugging him off.

"Yeah, thanks Yoongi." The warlock seems surprised, but he masks it with a smirk.

"No problem." Jin comes back down the stairs with a pensive look and slight frown. RapMonster notices his change in demeanor quickly.

"What happened, Jin?"

"I just realized that Kieun will have to share a room with one of us. There's only five rooms," Jin says, but his tone when he says it is...sly. What is he thinking about?

"Hm? Can't she just have a room to herself? V, Jungkook and Jimin can share for a while," Suga suggests. The three boys instantly protest.

"No, Hyung. Don't be like that!" Jungkook is the first to fight Suga on his proposition. The wizard rolls his eyes at the fight that's about to start. He goes to his study to let s figure it out.

"There's a reason Taehyung has a room to himself!" Jimin stands up to make his point. "He sleepwalks!"

"Jimin, I think that was only one time," V defends himself. J-Hope goes and sits down at the bar, lying his head down on the counter. His mind seems occupied. He's looking off into space. She sits in the stool beside his as the members continue bickering in the background.

"Hoseok, are you okay?" He sighs. The girl can instantly tell that it's a bad sign.

"I'm worried about you," he admits. Sitting up, he leans forward and scrutinizes her. Her face turns red at the attention.

"Why?"

"What are you hiding from us?" She suddenly thinks back to what Dara told her.

"Tell them your secret... at least one..."

With a deep sigh, she looks at J-Hope.

"Do you promise you won't think I'm crazy?" J-Hope grins and grabs her hand.

"Of course not! I'm your friend." His response gives her the last bit of confidence she needs. The members are still bickering beside them.

She starts, "Okay. I'm not from this world." Kieun pauses and he urges her to continue. "My brother really liked this game called Dragons in Dungeons, so I bought it for him. He was obsessed with it to the point that he would forget to eat." J-Hope nods and crosses his arms, really trying to grasp the story. "One day, I got really upset with him and ruined one of his sessions. He cast a 'spell' on me that suddenly me into the game world."

"...I'm following."

"That's this world. The world I'm currently in is the exact same game world in the real world," she finishes. The expression on his face is that of intense worry. He sits there for a minute, just contemplating her words.

"But I'm real."

"I know! That's why I was so surprised when I saw you in the field this morning. I thought, "this can't be real", but it's real." Kieun thinks back to the moment she met the bright archer. It flipped her perception of reality on its head.

"I don't fully understand what you're telling me, but I just want you to know that I will do everything I can to help you." His smile is different from the ones he's given her in the past. It holds a silent promise. Nodding with hope, she smiles.

"Thank you. I understand why they call you J-Hope," she compliments. Just as he starts to say something, V stands in front of them with a determined aura.

"We've decided!" He exclaims. Suga and Jungkook snicker behind him. Jin and Jimin pat V's back and he follows them upstairs in preparation for sleep. Of course, he pets Jibang's head on the way. Jungkook grabs his armor and brings it upstairs, too. Kieun wonders why they're going to bed so early. Suga gets off the couch languidly and walks over to J-Hope and Kieun.

"No big changes. Jin is with RapMonster and you guys will share a room. Jin is probably already getting his belongings," Suga mutters the last part as he looks toward the stairs.

"Okay, Kieun! I promise to not wake you up too early!" He winks in an exaggerated way, making Kieun roll her eyes.

"Whatever. I just want to know..." She trails off, almost nervous to ask her next question in fear of offending J-Hope. Her hands grip the bottom of the seat. "Why Hoseok?" Suga raises his brow and crosses his arms.

"He's our 'sunshine'. Aren't you more comfortable with him?" She looks to J-Hope who is smiling a warm, toothy grin. It's contagious.

"Good point. Thanks for considering my feelings." Suga nods.

"Right then. Enjoy your sleep, Kieun, J-Hope," he says and then goes into his and RapMonster's shared study. J-Hope stretches and hops off the stool. Jibang gets off the couch and stands in front of Kieun. His little eyes are glazing over in tiredness. With a look of adoration, she grabs him and cradles him in her arms. She kisses his little head. He doesn't even have the energy to sass her back. J-Hope chuckles.

"Let's go sleep. We'll need our energy for tomorrow."