The 5th door

Christmas with Markjin
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

* The fifth door *

~

Mark has a thing for Jinyoung.

Since the day they met he's been completely and royally gone for the blackhaired and that in such a stupidly obvious way that everyone knows about it - except Jinyoung who hasn't caught up with it yet, but will eventually since the blonde doesn't get any better at hiding it and probably never will because Jinyoung has that special effect on him he just can't fight against.

It's like he loses all control over his mind and body the moment the younger touches or talks to him, heck he already turns into a puddle when he only sees him.

He's a total loser when it comes to Jinyoung, a dumb himself embarrassing fool who isn't able to talk clear sentences or act like a normal healthy human being in general when being in the other presence and he knows it. So he rather stands still and doesn't say anything, like he does most of the time anyway, and that until the turmoil in his stomach gets so big and unbearable that he feels like he'll explode.

Today is one of these days.

A thing nobody knows yet (at least that's what Mark thinks) is that Mark also has a thing for sweaters, or rather Jinyoung in sweaters - his sweaters.

And what is Jinyoung wearing right now? Of course, one of Marks sweaters, as if it would be the most normal thing in the world to randomly wear your friends clothes without asking  

If anything's out there which controles what's happening in the world it's definitely laughing at Mark right now. What did he even do to deserve this? He's been acting all kind and good the last weeks, there's no way karma would have a reason to screw him this bad. Seems as if it does though. (Mark wonders if it maybe was the tea he acidentially spilled over Jacksons tighs after the latter pointed out how conspicuously he had observed Jinyoungs during the dance practice that got him into this situation)

What or whoever is at fault for it, Mark wants to hurt them very bad. Also he seriously considers to just push his head into the vase on the commode next to him so he doesn't have to endure the sight in front of him. 

 His legs as well as his mind turn kind of squashy as his eyes wander down Jinyoungs body, totally not checking him out of course. Suddenly the other turns around, Mark having to act as if he didn't just stare at him for five minutes like some creepy stalker, which Jinyoung noticed anyways but acts like he didn't.

"Hi Mark hyung" Jinyoung says, a sly smirk tugging on his lips, and sends Mark a breathtaking smile, Mark almost fainting right on the spot. He coughs embarrassed, scratching his neck with his eyes directed to the ground, wondering when Jinyoung started calling him hyung in the dorms - he hasn't done that before - and turns around, wanting to escape from this evil punishment of fate, but Jinyoung is having none of it. 

"Hyung" he pleads, voice dripping with sweetness, "can you help me with my song lyrics?" Mark wants to say no, he really wants to say no, but his mind doesn't connect with his body and he nods dumbly, not even realizing when Jinyoung tugs on his sleeve and drags him to the couch. 

He gets pushed into the cushions and Jinyoung plops down on the ground in front of him. "I'm going to show you what I already have, okay?" Mark breathes, "Yeah."

Then the younger starts singing, soft voice sounding through the air, lulling Mark in and clouding his mind. All he can think of is Jinyoung Jinyoung Jinyoung. 

Baby what do I do
I shouldn’t be like this, this is bad

Mark feels his heart harshly beating against his chest, thinking about how ironic it is that the lycris of Jinyoungs song fit his situation more than only good.

You have thin make up and pretty lips, softened up
You have eyes that I can get lost in

 Jinyoung continues, while the older watches his plump mellow lips moving around and releasing the loveliest tune Mark has ever heard. His eyes wander over the others beautiful features, his beautiful dark eyes which pull him under their spell, capturing him completely, taking in all of his senses and making him forget everything around him. The beauty in front of him is the only thing important.

You have different eyes among people
who want others to be perfect
I know that beyond your mask you are
the only person who sees my true intentions
You are the one

 Mark hears the other singing, phrasing exactly what he wanted to express to the younger since the day he met him. There's a slight pain in the pit of his stomach, caused by the knowdlege of not being able to catch the beautiful butterfly Jinyoung is, of not being able to make him his own. The other isn't a flower he can pick if he likes him, he's close but still so far away.

I can’t, it hurts
My face gets red even though I don’t have a fever
I can’t anymore, actually I
Want to be just a man before your eyes
If you’re okay with me like this
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter