The 2nd door

Christmas with Markjin
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

* The second door *

~

In the progressing dusk two figures walked down the path, their arms linked together. Soft snowflakes fell from the sky down to earth, dancing around the pair and covering the fluffy black and brown hair peeking out under the rim of their beanies. Between them was silence but not a heavy one, it was one of the comfortable kind, one that only people who understand each other without words are able to share, filled with trust and the naturalness of being together.

Childlaughter sounded through the air and the two males shared an amused loving smile, holding each others hands a little tighter. Having strolled around for quite some time they eventually arrived in front of a small hill which was covered by a thick layer of snow and a bunch of little kids jumping around.

One of the two, the taller one with black hair, watched the turmoil with worry in his eyes, seeming to search for something. A sigh escaped his lips as he felt a hand being placed on his waist, squeezing it lightly in an encouraging way, and slowly he got rid of the stiffness that had arised in his back as he couldn't spot the small boy he was looking for between all the kids that were throwing snowballs and bulding snowmans, filling the surroundings with exciting giggles.

They spent minutes just observing the children, both men getting kind of melancholic. Perhaps they got old without noticing it, did they? Everydaylife was busy, both of them had to go to work everyday and they felt as if time was slipping through their fingers. Moments like this which they spent together were getting rare after they became adults but they tried to make the best out of it, as long as they were together life could be nothing but beautiful.

Their thoughts were interrupted by a little boy tugging on their coats. Behind him he pulled an old outworn but still intact sledge and his ears were covered by red fluffy earmark muffs.

Both of their expressions turned into smiles and the blackhaired kneeled down rubbing the kids flushed cheeks with his thumbs to warm him up. "Hey sweetie, how was the sledging, you had fun?" The boy nodded eagerly, his eyes glowing from excitement "Yes daddy! It was awesome. But I fell down a few times..." he pouted, his features clearly showing the dissapointment at himself.

"Aw don't worry honey, papa will teach you how to sledge the right way so you won't hurt yourself." the man said sending his partner a look which silently ordered him not to contradict now. "He will right?" The petite man nodded, "Of course, I'll teach you everything you need. Papa is a really good sleigh rider you now?" he winked and the child let out a happy giggle while his daddy sent his papa a thankful smile.

The small family started walking home, the kid taking his parents hands and pulling them home, a cheerfull athmosphere surrounding them. But unnoticed by the little boy his old sledge woke up old memories in his parents minds.

 

It's a cold winter day and like usually Mark spends the afternoon at Jinyoungs place. It has been this way all the time since Mark can remember, his parents work till the evening and have no time for their son so since he's like the Parks second son anyways Jinyoungs mother picks both of them up from the kindergarten everyday and the two best friends play together for the next hours. It always ends with Mark throwing a tantrum because he doesn't want to go home but getting calm again immediately because Jinyoung cries about not wanting him to leave and Mark, being a reponsible friend, tries to calm him down, assuring him they'll see each other again the next day using the pinky promise. It may be childish but Jinyoung is a crybaby and adores the older so much that the fear to lose him is extremely big. Mark thinks the other doesn't have to worry though, he's sure he'll always be by the others side (he already knows he wants to marry Jinyoung although he doesn't completely understands yet what exactly love means), but he accepts and likes Jinyoungs emotional site just like he likes everything else about his friend.

This afternoon they are sitting in front of the window and stare outside, Jinyoung making a nervous impression as he fiddles on his seatcushion, not not moving for a second. Mark patiently

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter