Last lullaby

Sweet dreams (are made for me)

 

Of course Jihoon had saved the best for last. If the other dreams were the appetizer and the main course that filled his stomach, Seungcheol's dream was the glorious dessert, the last bit of perfect sweetness to make him feel completely satisfied.

 

It had started slowly.

In their rookie days the leader's dreams hadn't tasted much different from the other dreams; slightly bitter even, like a piece of dark chocolate melting on his tongue. Jihoon liked it, but he still preferred Minghao's exotic flavour and Jisoo's fruitiness.

But the more he had visited Seungcheol's dreams the better the taste seemed to get.

 

Seungcheol was like Seungkwan, always surrounded by his friends while he slept - Jihoon assumed that it had something to do with his responsibilities as a leader - so there was no point in hiding. But weirdly enough, Seungcheol always seemed to pick him to talk to and play with, while the others just sat around in the back, talking and laughing by themselves.

His behavior didn't transfer to the real world though, Jihoon sometimes even had the feeling that the older purposely avoided being alone with him and somehow that thought stung a little. But maybe he was just tired of being around him after talking to him in his dreams every night.

And Jihoon made sure to come regularly (as long as he was not knocked out from composing or practicing too hard) because by now Seungcheol's dreams were just too irresistible. He was hooked on the flavor, the dark chocolaty note still present but perfected by a taste similar to honey and milk. It tasted soothing to Jihoon, like warmth and home and love.

Therefore whenever his nerves were frazzled he would sneak in and nibble on whatever he could find. Seungcheol seemed to have noticed his behaviour, since his dreams began providing food in the form of fruits or snacks after a while. Or maybe he just liked to eat, Jihoon wasn't sure.

 

But tonight something seemed off. The usually brightly lit area that held the laughter and voices of the other members was quiet and dim.

Carefully Jihoon stepped in the hallway, scanning his surroundings for any lurking nightmares but finding nothing. He frowned and (while snacking on grapes - how could he possibly resist?) walked towards the closest door. Opening it, he found the room dark and empty. He understood now why Seungcheol had looked so tense while sleeping earlier and his frown deepened even further.

Walking down the hallway he checked every room he came across, just to find them all empty. Standing in front of the last door he braced himself for whatever would await him behind it and pulled it open.

 

Seungcheol looked up at the sound of the door opening, his glum face brightening immediately at Jihoon's sight. The dream-eater felt a weight leaving his shoulders, he hadn't even noticed how tense he had been ever since entering the empty dream.

Walking over to Seungcheol he greeted him with a smile, just to be pulled down next to the other onto a red sofa - the only splash of colour in the room except for Seungcheol himself.

"I'm glad you're here, I've been waiting," the leader said smiling.
"Waiting? For me?"
"Well, I wasn't so sure what I was waiting for, it just felt like the right thing to do."
"Oh, I see..." Jihoon wasn't sure why he felt as dejected as he did at that moment. This was Seungcheol after all, Mr. Popular-leader-and-friends-with-everybody Choi Seungcheol. Why would someone like him wait for somebody as insignificant as Jihoon in the first place? And why would Jihoon want him to wait for him anyway? Urgh.

He tried hard not to look at the amused twinkle in Seungcheol's eyes, a reaction to Jihoon's slightly disappointed expression. Seungcheol poked his cheek and Jihoon could feel his heart leaping at the contact. "Are you pouting?" he asked with a teasing grin.
"Of course not," the dream-eater huffed indignantly, his cheeks flushing pink.
"You're really cute when you're embarrassed, you know?" The teasing smile turned soft, his hand now cupping Jihoon's cheek instead of poking it.
Jihoon didn't know where to look, avoiding Seungcheol's eyes at all costs. "Yah, you know I hate th..." His angry voice trailed off when the leader's warm lips met his own.

Jihoon felt as if his heart was about to explode, too shocked to even close his eyes.

Seungcheol pulled back, now blushing as well and uncertainty displayed clearly on his face. "Sorry, I just thought that-"
Jihoon didn't leave him any time for explanations, instead grabbing the front of his shirt and crashing their lips back together while finally closing his eyes.

 

It felt so good. Until now he had not acknowledged how sad he actually had been when Seungcheol had stopped talking to him in his free time.

His lips were so soft. He had not acknowledged that he had come to Seungcheol's dreams every night not only because he wanted to eat but also because he wanted to talk to him.

The hand cupping his cheek was so warm. He had not acknowledged that he had been craving not only Seungcheol's dreams but his whole presence, his mind, his body, his everything.

 

Jihoon stopped thinking when he felt Seungcheol slightly his lower lip, asking for entrance. Parting his lips for him he could finally taste him, so much sweeter and even more addictive than his dreams. He couldn't stop himself from running his fingers through Seungcheol's dark hair, admiring the softness and getting lost in the onslaught of sensations all over his body. A quiet moan escaped him at the feeling of Seungcheol nibbling at his lips, making him blush even more.

Before he could comprehend what was happening the older had moved to his jaw-line, nipping it playfully and planting butterfly kisses all over it afterwards. His hands had left Jihoon's face - one arm had sneaked around his waist instead, pulling his body tightly against his bigger one, while the other caressed Jihoon's hand, ultimately interlocking their fingers.

Seungcheol began trailing kisses down his throat, lightly and biting, leaving his marks on Jihoon's body for everyone to see - making him moan at that thought and at the building pleasure.

Jihoon gasped when Seungcheol carefully pushed him down on the sofa, hovering on top of him and gazing into his eyes with so much love that it made his heart flutter. His smile was painfully beautiful and he couldn't stop himself from smiling back.

 

Just when Seungcheol leaned down to claim his lips again the dream started to waver.

Seungcheol moved back and Jihoon sat up rapidly, making him dizzy. Disoriented he looked around at the darkening surroundings, while Seungcheol wrapped his arms tightly around him. "What's happening?" the older asked, sounding so distressed that it tugged painfully at Jihoon's heartstrings. "I think you're waking up hyung, don't be scared."

With their hands clasped tightly they got swallowed by the darkness.