Fourth lullaby

Sweet dreams (are made for me)

It took him a moment to come back to his senses next to Chan's bed.

A quick glance at Wonwoo's alarm told him that it was already quarter past two and by now sleep was weighting heavily on his shoulders.
The only bedroom left was his own and for a second he contemplated if he should just go to bed directly - but no. His bedroom also held that one person whose dreams were the ones Jihoon was looking forward to the most. He had missed out on eating them the last few nights and he would not miss another one, he had massive cravings already.

 

The dream-eater strolled down the hallway casually; since it was his own bedroom he didn't feel the need to be secretive anymore. (Admittedly, he tried hard to not seem as eager as he really was, even though nobody was awake to judge him anyway.)

 

Closing the door behind him, he gave his eyes a moment to adjust to the dim light passing through the window.

He saw the two bunk beds in front of him, the left bottom bed still empty and he could make out strands of Jeonghan's long hair fanned out messily over the pillow of the bed above.

Seungcheol turned in his sleep, now facing the window instead of the wall, breathing out a soft sigh. Jihoon's heart did a weird little flip at the sight of his face, long lashes dark against the pale skin of his cheeks. He noticed that Seungcheol didn't seem as relaxed as he normally was while he slept, eyebrows lightly furrowed and slight dissatisfaction tugging at the corners of his full lips.

Jihoon knelt next to the leader's bed and fought the urge to check on his dream immediately. He wanted to keep his usual routine and that meant Seungcheol had to be the last. In order to prevent himself from gorging on the leader's dreams he had to make sure that he was already feeling full when he entered, he had learnt that lesson the hard way.

Closing his eyes he let his cheek rest on Seungcheol's mattress.

 

Jihoon wasn't surprised to see Wonwoo. In fact, he would have been surprised if he had entered Mingyu's dream and not seen him.

He couldn't think of a single dream during the time they had known each other in which Wonwoo hadn't played some sort of major role. In the first few weeks of meeting the members Jihoon had therefore assumed that he wasn't the only dream-eater in the group, and that Wonwoo somehow just had a really biased taste towards Mingyu. (Well, not that he was any better when it came to being biased, Seungcheol was just too irresistible.) But after observing the other for a while it became clear that this Wonwoo was just a figment of Mingyu's very active imagination.

Jihoon wondered if Mingyu was actually aware of how infatuated he really was with the other, or if that was something he kept locked deep in his subconsciousness. He had never shown any signs of anything more than brotherly love towards Wonwoo while he was awake, as far as Jihoon could tell.

Well, his dreams painted an entirely different picture, especially judging by the heated kiss the two of them were currently engaged in.

Jihoon discreetly tried to find the exit, feeling like an intruder but at the same time slightly exasperated (that was not the first time he had gotten thrown into a dream like this, he was glad that it was still relatively tame at the moment). Mingyu's dreams, as good as they tasted, were always a bit of a pain. Jihoon vowed to himself not to visit his dreams again should he ever actually start a relationship with Wonwoo. He was sure they would worsen tenfold.

While he was contemplating whether the pretty vase in the corner was unimportant enough to eat, he began hearing soft moans from the two boys behind him - prompting him to flee from the dream as fast as possible and without eating anything.

 

He screamed when he fell a few meters upon arrival, landing on something squishy with a quiet fwomp. Shaking off the dizziness he looked around, only to see nothing but clouds and the endless blue sky. Even the soft mass he had landed on turned out to be a rather big fluffy cloud. He suddenly felt thankful that the rules of the real world didn't necessarily apply to dreams, he wasn't very keen on falling to his untimely death.

Jumping from cloud to cloud he kept an eye out for Jeonghan, finally spotting him sitting at the edge of a smaller cloud. Jihoon tried hard not to laugh. The nickname angel seemed to haunt Jeonghan even in his dreams, but he looked rather content despite the huge feathery wings on his back.

Deciding that it wasn't a good idea to engage in a conversation with an easily angered angel while being way too high up in the sky, Jihoon turned around immediately, making sure to put some distance between him and his host.

Sitting down on the cloud he had landed on originally he started to pluck at the weird substance, ripping out little parts and eating them like cotton candy. He always enjoyed the spicy taste of Jeonghan's dreams, even if they sometimes brought tears to his eyes and made him cough.

 

But he couldn't hold back the excitement any longer: it was finally time for his favourite dream.

Taking a deep breath he let himself fall over the edge and vanished, leaving only the slightly ruffled cloud behind.