Chapter 14

Breathe

 

"You went through hardships with us during these hard times(me, and you),

Now we will protect you(We'll give you strength),

My love, it started again, The times we were together,

We'll show ourselves more, more than the love we recieved,

Even if it's hard and we may lack, it's okay,

As long as we have the warm heart of yours, it's plenty,

That's all we need" - Apink, 19th April

 

 

Chapter 14

 

 

The two girls froze at the sight of the two, strange black figures that didn't seem to mutter a single word at all. They could feel the air getting cold and heavy, a chill that swept down their spine as all they had were each other to rely on. Namjoo hugged her unnie tightly, not wanting to let go while Naeun kept a strong front, maintaining a straight expression that does not show a single fret of fear at all.

"Do you need something?" asked Naeun fearlessly. Indeed, being with Eunji has taught her a lot of things. The once, timid and quiet girl learned how to be brave and protect the ones she loved. However, there was no answer from the black figures who spoke nothing. All they did was stare, which was scary yet bizarre at the same time. Naeun took a glance and wondered if other people in the restuarant could see them but to her surprise, it was as if everything around them stopped in a freezeframe. Their managers, staff, customers and every other human being in the restuarant, stopped moving and were like statues.

"You shall not move until a decision has been made by Yoon Bomi." said a voice in a very, low tone, almost similar to a robot's.

"A decision?" asked Namjoo confused.

"You shall not ask questions until a decision has been made by Yoon Bomi." repeated the voice, in a very systematic order.

The two girls looked at each other with a perplexed expression and decided to follow whatever they were told to do so. After all, these black shadows didn't seem to bear any harm to them besides constantly staring, which felt slightly uncomfortable. All they could do was hold onto each other and pray for the best, wondering what on earth was happening in the toilet where the rest were.

Meanwhile, Bomi had finally finished doing her business and got out of the stall, feeling refreshed.

"Sorry to keep you waiting unnie" smiled Bomi as she opened the door, only to have her smile dissapear upon what was in front of her. A black figure stood in front of her, while covering Chorong's mouth.

"Hey! What do you think you're-" shouted Bomi in anger but before she could even do anything, something grabbed hold of her feet and hands, restraining her from moving any further. It was in that coincidental moment, Eunji and Hayoung bursted through the door and saw the whole situation. The two girls weren't even afraid at the sight of the black figures that looked like it came out from a horror movie as they tried to grasp the situation.

"What do you think you're doing with my unnies?!" said Hayoung as she ran forward.

"Hayoung-ah, stop!" yelled Eunji as she tried to pull Hayoung back but it was too late.

A shadow that seemingly came to life, grabbed hold of Hayoung's arm and twisted it, resulting a loud crack to be heard. The maknae fell onto her knees and yelled in pain as Eunji quickly went to her side, holding onto her as she stared angrily at the shadows. It was clear, Eunji was never going to forgive them. The girl wanted to punch them, kick them, fight them but she was sane enough to know that she was powerless at this state. Eunji had to put her full trust to her same-aged friend to solve this matter and stay behind as an observer.

"Stop it!" shouted Bomi to which she could already see tears forming in Chorong's eyes. Indeed, the sudden situation was far too unexpected. Seeing her loved ones getting hurt from one end to the other, perhaps everything was really her fault. Bomi wasn't sure what she had done wrong but she was certain that this was her responsibility. She had to handle this alone and protect her loved ones.

"What do you want?" said Bomi angrily as fire lit in her eyes.

"Just when we were having so much fun watching you humans play this wonderful game, you thought you can run away Miss Yoon Bomi?" said the shadow in a low, creepy tone.

"What have I done to offend you? What have I done to make everyone here hurt? Whatever you tell me, I will admit my wrongdoings so please don't hurt my members. Please, let Chorong unnie go." pleaded Bomi in a calm manner.

"Have you forgotten your sin? Have you forgotten your mistakes that has angered the gods?"

"What?! What sin?!" said Bomi utterly confused at their words. She had no idea what they meant by a sin or a mistake that she had done. Bomi wasn't exactly a religious girl so she didn't really believe in the powers of "god" that much, but it appears that such thing exists.

"How foolish of you to forget such a sin. Do you remember now?" said the shadow as it suddenly placed a piece of black paper onto Bomi's forehead. As if something out of a movie, black ash spilled out of the paper as Bomi felt something stabbing at the back of her head. It was an excruciating pain as Bomi screamed and yelled, trying to tear the paper out of her forehead but to no avail. But it was then, sudden images shot through her mind like a bullet. Forgotten memories that were given back, Bomi could now remember the "sin" that the shadows were all talking about.

 

[FLASHBACK: 6 YEARS AGO]

 

It was late into night, the weather was still cold as it was changing seasons from winter to spring. All alone in Han River, stood a girl who was worried about her future. She sneaked out of her dorm, making sure none of her members heard her as she just needed time by herself. Taking a deep breath as she observed the water flowing smoothly as if there was no worries, the girl wondered if it was the best choice. That girl was none other than, Yoon Bomi.

"We're debuting tommorow......Will I be able to do well? What if I make a mistake? Will I get upset at myself?" mumbled the girl to herself as she spent minutes, just staring deeply into the blank, dark sky. As she took a glance at the tattered watch wrapped around her wrist, it was already past midnight. 

"Crap! I need to go back now!" said Bomi as she placed her hands in her pocket and started to walk across the bridge, that segregrated between the Han River and the Seoul City. As it was quite dark with the fog around, she couldn't see where she was going. It was then, she stepped on something. It felt very hard but she was sure that, it wasn't a pebble. Looking down, Bomi crouched and picked up the strange object that seemed like an amulet of some sort. Observing it and turning it around, there was a strange painting of a statue. She wasn't quite sure what it was supposed to be as she could not see properly.

"Take me home"

A sudden whisper, echoed into her head. This caused the girl to drop the object, startled by what she was hearing. Bomi looked around but there was not a single soul. Somehow frightened, the girl picked the object up again out of curiousity. It seemed to bear a kind of religious mark, like a spiritual stone of some sort but Bomi still couldn't make what was written.

"Take me home"

Again, the same exact whisper. Bomi began to feel afraid and scared, as she held the object in her hand. Feeling a sense of premonition that was quite unpleasant, the clueless girl looked around and then, proceeded to throw the object into the Han River. Watching the object plummet into the cold, freezing waters, Bomi quickly ran as fast as she could to the dorm. Hoping that everything was a dream, the girl prayed that nothing would go wrong. After all, she was just an innocent girl who was unlucky and tied an unwanted fate to her future that was bound to hurt many people later on.

 

[END OF FLASHBACK]

 

As Bomi watched her memories return like a film, she realised something.

"." cursed Bomi.

"What's wrong Bom-ah?" asked Eunji who felt something was wrong.

"I'm totally screwed." sighed Bomi as she looked at the ground.

"I admit it was my wrongdoing. All of this is my fault but what could I do? I was so young and innocent, obviously I had no idea this careless mistake would lead to this! And yet, you sadists just sit there and watch us suffer? Just because I threw that into the river?!" 

"You have angered the gods by disrespecting them and now, you will pay the price. Make a choice Yoon Bomi."

"A choice?"

"Will you choose to continue this game or end it once and for all?"

"Obviously, I want to end it."

"Then accept your fate to lose all of your memories. Forget everything that you have done, forget all of your wrongdoings and restart at the bottom."

"Wait....what?"

"Choose wisely, Yoon Bomi. Your decision will make a big change to what will happen to the ones you love and everything else."

"T-This is nonsense!" said Bomi baffled by such ideas.

"Bom-ah! Please, choose wisely! We have no choice!" warned Eunji as she hoped that her same-aged friend would understand the message behind it. She hoped that Bomi wouldn't choose the other that would cause harm to herself. It honestly didn't matter anymore, they didn't mind continuing this painful game because they didn't want to lose her. They didn't want to lose their wonderful, Sparkling Bomi.

Chorong who was forcibly restrained and could not speak, only shook her head with all her might. It was clear from her teary eyes, that she was against this. But knowing Bomi well, the girl was quite sure of her choice. A choice that would bring her only more, regret and remorse.

"U-Unnie, please.....think about us....." said Hayoung as she tried her best to say the words she wanted, as pain from her twisted arm numbed her whole body.

In the midst of her members telling her subtle words that beared meaning behind it all, Bomi stayed quiet and thought deeply. There wasn't much time left and she had to make a decision. Closing her eyes, she remembered everything that brought her happiness. The moments being with her members, the time they laughed and made jokes with each other, the memories of being together with Chorong, every single detail was put carefully. Their first kiss, their first cuddle, the first time they slept together, she wanted to cherish it all deeply forever. She wanted to keep all of that into a treasure box, far away from her heart. But even so, if she were to continue the game, more people will get hurt. 

The one thing Bomi hated the most, was watching her members in pain. No matter what it may be, tears, screams, shouts, she never wanted to see such sight again. Memories of seeing her members cry, Eunji in a wheelchair, and many others pierced her vulnerable heart into pieces. It was the only, strong burning will that made Bomi determined to protect them at all costs. That was why, Bomi came into a conclusion that it didn't matter if she were to lose all of her memories. As long as everyone was happy, healthy and protected, it didn't matter. After all, she would be able to make a new set of memories that will only be filled with beautiful happiness and not a single piece of painful memory. With that optimistic thinking in mind, Bomi smiled.

"Bom-ah...please...." begged Eunji.

"Unnie....." pleaded Hayoung.

"I'm sorry Eunji-ya, Hayoung-ah." said Bomi as she looked towards Chorong.

"I know what you're going to say Chorong unnie. But I'm sorry. Only for this one time, I will be going against your word. I'm not that dumb, I can understand what all of you are trying to tell me. But, I've made a decision that all of you will certainly hate me for. This is only for the better, I don't mind getting hurt if it means to protect all of you." said Bomi with a sad smile.

"I have made my decision. I will have my memories completely erased so please, just stop this game and leave us alone!" 

"Very well. Yoon Bomi has made her decision and we shall follow accordingly to the contract. Game over. Thank you for playing with us." said the shadow as one by one, it dissapeared from sight. Even the shadows that were with Naeun and Namjoo suddenly evaporated into thin air. With that, Chorong was freed and the moment she had the ability to move, she quickly hugged Bomi.

"I'm sorry unnie. But, I did this because I love you." smiled Bomi.

"Why did you do that you idiot?!" sobbed Chorong as she gently hit Bomi's chest.

"Please take care of me even when the real me is no more. Always remember that no matter how, I will always love you. Thank you for everything." said Bomi as in that very moment, it was as if the world was falling apart.

"I forgot about my parents too..Mom....Dad.....Jongjin-ah.....I'm sorry your daughter and sister has become like this. Please...bear with me...." thought Bomi to herself as her last thoughts were not her members, but her family. 

The six girls of Apink could feel themselves, somehow transporting into another dimension. With a complete blackout, the girls fell unconcious as they were wrapped into another time paradox. With the final decision put in place, wishes made were done to a complete reset as if none of it had ever happened. The time was put back to where it had originally belong as all six girls were transported back to the present time.

 

~X~

 

Straight into the exact, same day Namjoo made the wish to time-travel, everything was back to normal. As if awaken from an endless dream, Namjoo and Hayoung found themselves in the same park, where they left off. The girls stared at each other blankly.

"Ah...this really hurts...." said Hayoung as she flinched while holding tightly onto her arm.

"What happened Hayoung-ah?!" said Namjoo surprised as she went to her side.

"You and Naeun unnie weren't around when that happened. The game is finally over but in exchange, Bomi lost all of her memories. We need to head to her right now."

"But that does not explain how you hurt your arm!"

"I tried to stop Bomi unnie but that weird shadow thing stopped me and twisted my arm. God, I'll never beat them." sighed Hayoung as she broke out in a cold sweat.

"Come on. We're driving back to the hospital." said Namjoo as she held onto Hayoung and helped her to be seated inside her car. The two still couldn't grasp how surreal this whole situation was, the fact that they were transported back to where they belonged. It was difficult to keep track.

"Unnie, what are you going to do with those soju bottles that you wasted on?" said Hayoung as she looked outside the car window where Namjoo just carelessly left it on the bench.

"W-Who cares about that. I wasn't the one who bought it, I was possessed at that time..." mumbled Namjoo as she started the engine of the car. As she stepped on the accelerator, Namjoo rummaged something at the side pocket of the car.

"Unnie, look at the road while you're driving. You have a sick patient with you...." scolded Hayoung.

"Okay~ got it~ just wanted to give you this. Put this on your arm." said Namjoo as she tossed an ice pack.

"How on earth do you even have this in your car?" laughed Hayoung, finding it super random.

"D-Don't ask me. Anyway, those shadows back then were really scary. I can still see them clearly in my head." mumbled Namjoo.

"Apparently they were deities or something. Me, Chorong unnie and Eunji unnie could do nothing but watch." said Hayoung as she explained the whole story to Namjoo as they drove back to the hospital.

In the meanwhile, the other girls were back at the hospital garden, exactly where they had left off. The three girls who confronted each other while Bomi who sat in her wheelchair, they fially realised the situation they were in.

"Wait....this place...." said Naeun as she looked around, confused as to what was happening.

"Come with me." said Eunji as she grabbed hold of Naeun's hand and led her to a place, away from the garden. She used this opportunity to explain the whole story to the girl, who understood what Bomi had done to herself.

"Bomi!" said Chorong in realisation as she turned towards the girl who sat and stared blankly in her wheelchair. To her relief, she didn't seem hurt anyway and was perfectly fine. In fact, she didn't even need to sit in a wheelchair because she was no longer paralysed.

"Hey." said Bomi as she looked up at the girl.

"I don't really know what's happening. I can't seem to remember who am I.....are you perhaps someone that I know?" 

Hearing Bomi's questions, broke Chorong's heart. Indeed, it was a fate that she could not run away from. But she remembered Bomi's words well and decided to start afresh from the start. With a smile, the older girl bent down so that she was able to maintain eye-level with Bomi.

"First of all, your name is Yoon Bomi and you have suffered from a severe amnesia loss. There is no way of retrieving your memories back but me and your friends, will do their best to make you who you are before. I am Park Chorong but usually, you just call me Rong unnie. You are my-" Chorong paused. She figured that it wouldn't be best to tell her that, she was indeed her girlfriend. She wanted to keep that in the wraps first, hoping that one day, she will be able to tell her. 

"Nice to meet you...Chorong......unnie?" said Bomi awkwardly as she let out her hand for a shake. The younger girl felt strange in this situation, it felt as if her mind was completely blank and the only person she could rely on was the first person she saw, Chorong.

"You got that right....I'm your unnie Bomi-ya..." smiled Chorong but for some reason, her smile looked somewhat sad.

This was a start of a new beginning, a new chapter in their life. The original Yoon Bomi was no longer here but it didn't matter, from now, they can start a new relationship together. A different Yoon Bomi. An empty void that will be filled with beautiful memories that only bring happiness, and not pain. 

 

 

[FOUR MONTHS LATER]

 

 

Things had gotten busy since the last four months, after the girls returned back to their normal lives. Ever since then, the wishing game stopped haunting them and they were able to live freely without any worries. Hayoung decided to drop out of her college as she believed that there was hope in Apink returning again, especially with her new "Bomi" around. The company on the other hand, handled things different. It took quite awhile for the girls to explain everything that had happened, their time-travel and Bomi's complete loss of memory in exchange for peace. Many news articles were published after much discussion with everyone, where a final conclusion had been placed and the society finally had their answers.

It was simply put that Bomi who was supposedly paralysed, suffered a kind of complicated injury that caused her to lose her memory completely, yet being able to walk again. It honestly didn't make much sense and the public were still shrouded in uncertainity behind the actual truth. A truth that only the girls themselves knew. But it didn't matter anymore, as long as Bomi was fine and able to walk again, no one seemed to object it. While allowing Bomi time to cooperate with her memory loss, Apink on the other hand were well on their way to prepare for their new album  and announced their return to the industry in thanks for their fans who have patiently waited and supported them without betrayal. 

On a fine day where the warm sun was present, Chorong and Bomi were together at the therapy centre as the doctor insisted that Bomi did a checkup on her physical and mental condition, hoping that there was really nothing wrong with her. Today especially was important, because it was her last session. For the past four months, Bomi has been showing a consistent result and nurses were sure that she was just a normal girl with no problems at all.

"Thank you Chorong unnie for following me every single time. I'm always thankful that you're taking such good care of me....even though I don't have any memories of you..." said Bomi in a sad and sorry tone. Ever since her memory loss, Bomi seemed like a different person. She wasn't her cheerful, joking self, laughed less and was more serious and logical. She wasn't the idiot Bomi that everyone knew. Although at that time, Eunji did miss messing around with Bomi as now, she was the one who got outsmarted instead which made the members laugh.

"Don't feel sorry for yourself Bom-ah. I think I've told you so many stories about what your old self would do and sometimes I wished that you would remember." 

"I'm sorry Chorong unnie. No matter how, I can't remember. But from the way you talk about her, it seems that she was a very kind and selfless girl who cared about you a lot."

"You're talking about yourself you know.." giggled Chorong.

"Right. Anyways, we should head back to the company. Need to start preparing for our comeback. Although it may seem like we've been singers for a long time, I feel quite nervous..."

"Wait, I forgot to give you this." said Chorong as she pulled Bomi and handed her a phone.

"This is?"

"Your old phone. I got some professionals to unlock it back for you since you wouldn't remember the passcode. But I forgot to give it to you until today. Take a look at it, maybe you'll remember something."

"Thank you Chorong unnie...." smiled Bomi as she opened the phone. The first thing she went was to click on the photo gallery. There were almost 5,000 photos saved in, most of it was filled with Bomi making hilarious faces and pulling pranks on her members.

"I must be a really funny person.." laughed Bomi seeing herself. It was strange to her. It felt as if she was looking at a completely different person who was bearing the same face as hers. She couldn't exactly imagine herself being that silly or stupid. As the younger girl continued to flip through the photos, she stopped at one particular photo. Staring deeply into it, she wondered about her past relationship with Chorong. It was a selca of Bomi kissing Chorong's cheek with small words written at the bottom "Happy 1st Anniversary<3 ".

"Unnie...this picture...." 

"That....." said Chorong as she paused. It seemed that she could no longer keep the secret anymore.

 

 

~X~

 

 

At Plan A's entertainment building, there was a room that played loud music, tucked away in a corner where no one was able to disturb. Inside, was a girl wearing a pink cap backwards and her usual oversized sweater as she played some chords on the keyboard while writing a few notes on a piece of paper. It was clear that she was busy composing a song, surely a song for her group. That was Jung Eunji, who kept herself busy and worked. She wanted to repay back the fan's love for being so loyal and supportive during these hard times. She wanted to place all of her thankfulness in this one song that she was busy composing. It was then, there was a knock on the door.

"Come in." said Eunji as she stopped playing the piano and turned around to face the door. Upon seeing who it was, the girl smiled and welcomed her with a hug.

"Are things going well with the song?" smiled the girl as Eunji wrapped her arms around her ant-sized waist.

"Have you not been eating again Naeun-ah? How come your waist seems to have shrunk even more?" asked Eunji with worry.

"It's nothing. It's because I've been doing pilates so I've been losing weight."

"Our visual needs to lose weight? Wow, then what about me?"

"Answer my question first...." pouted Naeun to which Eunji laughed.

"It's going well. You want to hear it? You'll be the first ever to do so." said Eunji as she offered to lend her earphones.

"Are you sure unnie?"

"I want you to be my first."

"Alright."

There was a moment of silence as Naeun quietly listened to Eunji's composition as the older girl just stared deeply at her, clearly smitten and was totally in love.

"Mm, I like it! Why are you staring at me like that unnie?"

"If Naeun says it's good, then it's good." smiled Eunji as she rested her elbow on the table and placed her head on her hand, continuing to gaze deeply into Naeun.

"Unnie....don't stare at me like that...." said Naeun shyly.

"You don't miss me even though I haven't come home in two days?" pouted Eunji.

"I do......" The younger girl didn't want to tell her that her heart always skipped a beat whenever she stared at her like that. It was a fluttering feeling.

"Can I ask permission?" asked Eunji as she stared at her lips.

"Ah.....that?" smiled Naeun as she knew what she was thinking of.

"Yes, let me-" before Eunji could even continue her words, Naeun quickly moved forward and planted a peck onto her lips.

"You sneaky! I was supposed to do that first!" grinned Eunji as she then grabbed her face and kissed her back.

The two had gotten so busy with their own schedules, there wasn't much time to meet. But here they were, in this enclosed space where only the two of them knew it's existence. It was the best moment, to kiss away from the public's eye and everyone else. Just in their warmth and a beautiful kiss that enveloped, it was something words could not even express. However, in the middle of their intimate moment, Eunji's phone rang.

"Ah, who could it be that is ruining our moment?" sighed Eunji with disappointment.

"Pick it up, it might be important."

"Yes unnie~" joked Eunji as she listened to the call while lightly pinching Naeun's swollen cheeks. A habit she loved doing to her, because it was always so adorable.

At the same place at the dance practice room downstairs, the two maknaes were busy dancing to girl group songs. They were having their own dance battle and were doing a bunch of classics which brought them memories. With Hyuna's "Red" playing loudly, the two girls laughed as they battled to see who stood out the most. Of course, Namjoo still won in the end as she was very enthusiastic and competitive.

Exhausted and drenched in sweat, the two maknaes laid flat on the wooden floor as they looked up at the blank, white ceiling.

"As always, I still can't beat you unnie." huffed Hayoung.

"Don't say that. One day, you'll be the best dancer out there. I'll teach you!" 

"Thank you unnie~" grinned Hayoung as she playfully hugged Namjoo and purposely wiped her sweat onto hers.

"HEY! DON'T WIPE YOUR SWEAT ON ME!" shouted Namjoo as her eyes widened.

"Take it as my token of gratitude~" grinned Hayoung cheekily with a loud laughter. Namjoo's over-expressive expressions never fail to amuse her.

"Omo, our maknae turned bad! You need to be punished!" said Namjoo with a smirk.

"Oh yeah? Like what?"

"The thing that you hate the most." grinned Namjoo as she turned her head towards Hayoung's face and kissed her, to which the maknae was taken aback. Immediately, her face was as red as a tomato. Despite confessing their feelings to each other, Hayoung still wasn't comfortable with intimate things like kissing because she didn't like being kissed. She was indeed, still a young and innocent girl who found these very embarassing.

Thanks to Namjoo's surprise kiss, Hayoung became silent as all she could hear was her heart pounding loudly.

"Ah, Hayoung-ah you're so cute. How can your face get so red just by a kiss on the lips?" laughed Namjoo finding this absolutely adorable. Her smile widened across her face, clearly obvious that she was very happy to see the maknae like that.

"Because you don't do it often." pouted Hayoung.

"Oh? Did I hear that right?" said Namjoo, surprised at her words.

"I thought you didn't like to get kissed Hayoung-ah? It's like your most hated thing in the world."

"But I didn't say that I hate to kiss people." grinned Hayoung as she quickly grabbed hold of Namjoo to the point where she couldn't move and kissed from her forehead all the way down to her lips.

"Oh? You wanna battle to see who can kiss the most now?"

"Bring it on unnie!" smiled Hayoung as the two continued their parade of kisses until Hayoung could not bear being kissed where she had to tickle Namjoo for her to get away. Whenever the two were together, it was always noisy.

 

~X~

 

Back at the therapy centre, Bomi looked at Chorong confused, hoping that she would be able to explain the answer behind the picture. For some reason, the girl's heart started to beat quicker than usual. To see an image of her kissing the girl, Bomi felt somewhat strange as if her body wanted to do the same to her right now. After all, Chorong had been taking care of her all these while to the point that, Bomi had a special feeling for her. She cared deeply for her more than anything. She was a different girl in her eyes. She was small and cute, despite having the power to control others. It was something she found admirable, bearing the burden of the leader.

"Bomi-ya." said Chorong as she took a deep breath. She wondered carefully if it was best to reveal it. But she remembered what Bomi said the her before. "This time, it's your turn to come after me." The old her, would've continued to keep it a secret but she was no longer that shy girl who had no confidence in herself. She was bold and wanted to freely express her feelings. She wanted to tell her openly that she loved her so much.

"Bomi-ya." said Chorong as she repeated herself.

"The thing is, I been keeping this a secret from you but I thought that it was important for you to know. Before you lost your memories, the two of us were lovers. We were so deeply in love that you put yourself into harm, you hurt yourself and that is why you lost your memory. Bomi-ya, I-" 

But before Chorong could continue her words, Bomi quickly pulled her into a warm hug.

"Why didn't you tell me earlier you pabo?" said Bomi as a tear rolled down her cheeks.

"Huh?" said Chorong confused.

"And for all these while, I had been wondering why my heart always fluttered when I see you. I was afraid that I may be wrong, that these are not the things that I should be feeling. But now, I know why and there is nothing for me to be worrying about."

"Bom-ah...." said Chorong, feeling a sense of burden lifted from her heart.

"From now on, I will love you will all of my heart unnie. I wanted to be just like my old self, to protect you, love you and only let you be happy. It doesn't matter whether I've lose my memory because I believe love is all the same thing. Thank you for telling me, Chorong unnie."

"You mean all these times, you've...."

"That's right. I'll fallen in love with you.....again." smiled Bomi as she gently kissed her lips. With a grateful heart, it wasn't just a simple peck on the lips. It was something, deeper. A kiss that represented everything that had been lost in time, a kiss to make up, a kiss of forgiveness.

A forgotten love that had been seperated from each other, was finally reunited at last.

 

 

~X~

 

 

Inside the room, where Eunji picked up the phone call that seemingly interrupted her moment with Naeun, the girl wondered who would be calling her at this hour.

"Hello?" 

"Hello? This is Jung Eunji sunbaenim's number right?" said a familar voice.

"Sunbaenim? Who is this calling?" asked Eunji in a suspisious manner.

"Eunji sunbaenim! It's me! Jihyo from TWICE! Remember we worked together for an Inkigayo project? I got your number from your manager after asking around."

"Oh! Jihyo-ya! I remember! What's up? It's quite random to have you calling me on this day. Aren't you busy promoting right now? I've heard your latest song, knock knock knock knock on my door~" hummed Eunji with a friendly energy.

"Ah, thank you so much for that sunbaenim. Actually, there's something really weird happening with my group members and I've been asking around and heard rumours that you experienced something similar. That's why...I thought you could help us out"

"Really? I would be willing to help you out Jihyo-ya. What's the problem?"

"Actually, one of my members Momo got a weird message from her phone asking her to make a wish. So she wished for an unlimited supply of jokbal(pigs feet) and now our dorm is in a mess! Not only that, Tzuyu also made a wish to see her dog again that was in her hometown, Taiwan and the dog magically appeared in Seoul! We're having difficulties trying to hide this because we might get into trouble! Sunbaenim, could you help us out?" 

"A wish?" said Eunji surprised as she glanced at Naeun who was curious of their conversation.

"Alright. Jihyo-ya, are you free at 5pm later?"

"Yes, we have no schedules at that hour."

"Great! Then I'll meet you at your office, JYP Entertainment at 5pm. I think I know a way how to solve your problem."

"Alright, thank you so much Eunji sunbaenim! I will see you later at 5pm!" said Jihyo as she ended the call.

"Who was that unnie?" asked Naeun in curiousity.

"Looks like we got some work to do Naeun-ah" said Eunji with a smile as she got out of her chair and stretched her arms wide open.

"Huh?"

"This wishing game isn't over yet. Come on, let's go get the members" smirked Eunji, feeling excited as she headed out first. To her, this was her one and only chance to make a change. Deep in her heart, she believed strongly that as long as the game is on, she can somehow manage to get Bomi's memories back. It was hope and optimism that kept her going.

"Wait for me unnie! You're walking too fast!" said Naeun as she chased after her.

What goes around, comes around. The game may have ended for Apink but somewhere in this world, the game still continues. Just like a challenge, it was to test each other's relationship with each other and perhaps, hidden secrets may even be revealed. Just like the love stories of Apink, what could happen next? Will the same mistakes be made or will there be a change? Life can be quite unexpected at times but as long as you are together with your loved ones, there is nothing to fear.

 

 

"Just like how we breathe."

 

 

 

 

 

 

[THE END]

 

 

 

 

 

A/N: And with that, the ending of Breathe is left with an open chapter for everyone to imagine what you want to happen next! It's my first time writing a story like this, that features slight elements of fantasy in it and I was honestly a little worried about that...haha..Thank you for coming along this ride with me and I hope you enjoyed Breathe! Do look forward to my upcoming works that will be published soon and hopefully I'll see you again, in the comment sections below! - pinkpanda419 (25/02/2017)