Chapter 1

Breathe

 

Chapter 1

 

 

All I could hear was the muffled shouts and screams as I found myself floating in the water. I wasn't exactly sure if I was in an ocean, a river or merely a swimming pool but I couldn't feel myself. I can't remember anything at all. Who am I? Where am I? Is this where I die? Maybe I'll just have an eternal slumber so that no one wakes me up ever again, away from this world. But someone is jumping into the water, reaching her arms to me. Do I take it? Her face seems familiar? For some reason, I feel comfort just looking at her face. She seems cute, even underwater. But why does she look so worried? Is it because of me? Or something else? I don't know, maybe I should sleep first.

"Wake up Bom-ah! Wake up!" 

"Hey, she isn't breathing! Quick, call 911!"

"What do we do unnie?!"

I woke up to these murmurs that reminds me of people, voices that seem close to my heart. Opening my eyes slowly, someone keeps kissing my lips? Giving me air so that I can breathe back the same air that I was born in? I don't really mind getting kissed but I do mind who was kissing me. Oh wait, it's the same girl I saw in the water. If that's the case, I don't mind. I like her, a lot.

 

No actually, I love her.

 

That's right, I remember now.

 

She's Chorong unnie. The girl I love the most.

 

 

 

[THREE DAYS AGO]

 

 

 

 

Hovering across the bright, blue sky where the warm sun rays of the Korean summer shined through the bustling Seoul city, hidden far away from the bustle is an apartment in Mapo that is home to popular girl group, Apink. But it wasn't chirping birds that woke the floor but a dolphin-like scream that echoed in the early hours of morning. Of course, such voice belongs to the "mother" of the household who always had the duties of waking up the girls depending on their schedules. Walking into the room where the vocal-line team slept, she was surprised to see a rather, small, young girl sleeping in Bomi's bed. Strangely enough, she had quite the resemblance and appeared like a child-version of Apink's main dancer, Yoon Bomi.

"What's with the screaming unnie?" said Eunji as she jolted awake from her bed, a rare moment to see as she was the hardest to be woken up among the six girls.

"B-Bomi isn't here!" shouted Chorong in shock who completely froze in front of the still, sleeping child.

"Hey, who brought a child into the dorm?" said Namjoo as she was more curious instead, rather than the mysterious dissaperence of her unnie. Looking at the child who was still deep in her sleep and didn't seem to woke up towards Chorong's dolphin like screams, the older girl smiled and muttered the word "She's cute".

"Who knows, Bomi probably went for a walk in the middle of the night and found a lost child in the middle of streets so she brought her home and she's probably at the supermarket now buying baby food." laughed Eunji who simply found it funny. She was confident and positive that her same-aged friend didn't dissapear and always thought of something logical. The girl simply went back to bed, as if this problem was nothing.

"Hey, don't just sleep like that! We're supposed to do something about this!" growled Chorong as she forcefully pulled Eunji out of her bed. Of course, Namjoo who saw this quickly got out in order not to face the leader's fury first-hand.

"I'll call Bomi unnie and ask where she is." said Namjoo as she reached for her phone and dialled the number. But suddenly, a ringtone began to play near the sleeping child. Bomi's phone was in the hands of the child.

"Ah that pabo, she obviously forgot to bring her handphone along again." sighed Chorong in worry.

"What's with all the noise so early in the morning?" mumbled Naeun as she sleepily walked over to the chaotic room only to be surprised to see the child sleeping on Bomi's bed.

"Omg, did Bomi unnie give birth?' joked Hayoung as she entered as well.

"Hey, it's not the time for jokes Hayoung-ah." said Chorong. It was clear her eyes were full of worry. The girls hadn't seen their leader like this before, perhaps this was a really serious problem and they too, should be worried as well. After all, they knew Bomi all too well. This had happened before and in the end, Bomi was randomly sleeping in her parent's house all the way in Suwon.

"I'll call manager oppa and ask him to cancel our schedules for today." said Eunji as she got up and took her phone.

"Unnie, let's go to the Han River and check whether Bomi unnie's there." said Hayoung in which her roommate agreed, immediately heading out with just their hoodies and a mask to protect their identity.

But before the girls could even leave, all of their phones received a notification at the same time. It was the exact same message.

 

"Congratulations on registering into our game!

Just as you have said, we have granted your wish to become a child for three days! Miss Yoon Bomi, we hope that you are satisfied with our service! Have fun! "

 

"What the crap is this?!" said Chorong speechless, as she looked at the child who seemed to have lots of similiarities to Bomi.

"What on earth did this pabo do last night to activate this weird thing that comes out in movies?" said Eunji with a speechless laugh.

"Oh cool, I want to play a game like that too." said Hayoung, amused by the text message.

"Of course, you'd play anything that has the word game on it." sighed Naeun who had enough with her roommate's gaming addiction.

"But unnie, if this is really real then the child sleeping over there is Bomi unnie!" said Namjoo.

"Wow, you're right. I don't know what Bomi was doing and she ended up like that...." said Eunji.

"It's only for three days right? Then, Bomi will turn back to normal right?" said Chorong in worry.

"Let's believe in this unnie. For now, we need to solve this." said Eunji as she discussed with the leader what was necessary. Just like the mother and father of the household, they were more logical and planned out items to buy for those special three days. After all, there isn't always a day where a child would be living in a girl group's dormitory. Chorong listed out the items required to buy while Eunji wrote it down and added more suggestions. They definitely worked well and matched together.

On the other hand, Namjoo secretly took pictures of her, hoping to show back to the soon, adult Bomi and about it. Naeun and Hayoung in the meanwhile, took turns to wash themselves up as they just woke up. Brushing their teeth together in the bathroom, they almost did everything together just like best friends would do.

"But really though, I wonder where and how Bomi registered herself on that weird game. I kinda want to play it too." mumbled Hayoung as she continued brushing her teeth.

"Be careful what you wish for Hayoung-ah, it might come true." replied Naeun as she bent down and spit her water out into the sink.

In the midst of the Apink household, Namjoo ran out towards Chorong and Eunji who were just about to leave for the supermarket.

"Unnie! Unnie! Bomi unnie is awake!" said Namjoo in an excited tone.

"It's weird to call her unnie when she's technically younger than you now." laughed Eunji.

Bomi finally woke up from her slumber as she slowly walked out into the kitchen where the three girls were. Looking up at Chorong and Eunji, the girl only muttered one sentence.

"Where are you going appa? Omma?" 

"Omg." said Chorong with a speechless laugh.

Namjoo who heard this, couldn't stop laughing as she began to unnies as a "married couple".

"Hey. Who's your dad Bomi?" asked Eunji again.

"You." said Bomi as she pointed to Eunji.

"And me?" asked Chorong.

"Mom." said Bomi with a straight expression.

The assumed "parents" of Bomi looked at each other and simply laughed in embarrassment. But in the a way, they do looked like parents due to their outfits. Chorong was wearing something similiar to what aunties would wear while Eunji was dressed with her favourite oversized shirts and a black cap.

"Where are you going? I'm hungry." said Bomi again.

"We'll be back Bom-ah. Don't worry." smiled Chorong but the child didn't seem happy about them leaving and began to cry.

"Hey, what did you do to my Bomi unnie!" said Namjoo jokingly as she carried Bomi in her arms, comforting her.

"W-What did I do?" said Chorong speechless.

"Yeah, it's all mom's fault." joked Eunji.

"Take me with you!!" sobbed Bomi who cried uncontrollably. Naeun and Hayoung who hear the loud crying came out of their rooms, only to have their hearts melted by the crying child. The maknaes attempted to take turns holding Bomi because babies were just simply their weakness.

"What do we do unnie? Should we take her out?" asked Eunji.

"What if we get caught? What are we going to say to the public? To manager oppa?" replied Chorong. As expected of the leader, she always thought of consequences ahead and tried her best to prevent it from happening.

"Well, we can just say that we were taking your niece out for a walk."

"Excuse me, my niece Bomi was just born one month ago."

"Right sorry."

"You could just make up something like hanging out with the neighbour's daughter for a day" said Hayoung.

"As expected of our smart maknae!" smiled Eunji as she lightly carassed Hayoung's head.

"Fine. We'll take Bomi out to the supermarket. The three of you will go to the toys and clothes store to buy new clothes for Bomi alright?" ordered Chorong. Without any hesitation, the girls agreed and listened to their leader. They were like obedient kids who listened to their mom's words and carried out their errands.

With their masks on, Chorong and Eunji headed out to their usual supermarket that was near their apartment. They were always friendly with the staff there. This time, the girls took a trolley and placed Bomi onto the child seat. Quietly pushing the trolley, the two could already feel the stares they were recieving from others.

"Unnie, this is kinda awkward." whispered Eunji with a laugh.

"Don't say that. Just focus on what we need to buy." whispered Chorong back as she took out the piece of paper that she wrote out earlier, having a list of items to buy.

"This reminds me of Return of Superman." laughed Eunji.

"Yah! Don't say that!" said Chorong as she playfully hit Eunji.

"Mom. Dad. No." said Bomi who witnessed everything happening in front of her and shook her head.

"What did you just say Bomi-ya?" smiled Eunji as Chorong began occuying herself on searching the items.

"Dad can't love mom. Only I can!" pouted Bomi.

"Oh~ you're jealous now aren't you. What a cute girl you are." grinned Eunji brightly as she pinched Bomi's tiny cheeks.

"Okay, lettuce check. Tomatoes check. What else is there?" mumbled Chorong to herself who seemed very used to getting groceries by herself. From afar, others may think that they are just another ordinary family. A mother who shops for the items while the father plays with the child. But of course, no one would think that way because it was far too obvious that they were girls from Apink.

"Hey unnie, come over here." said Eunji with a cheeky smile.

"What?" asked Chorong as she put the items in the trolley and went to her. It was at that moment, Eunji pulled her arm around Chorong and smiled at Bomi as if, wanting to make her more jealous.

"Hey, what are you doing...." said Chorong.

"Too bad Bomi, "dad" needs to be close with "mom"." joked Eunji.

"Are you playing with the child now?" sighed Chorong, as she just stared at Eunji, speechless at her playful behaviour.

Because of Eunji actions, this caused Bomi to cry again. She wailed loudly, and whined that "mom" is hers.

"See?! What did you do?!" growled Chorong as she went to lightly hit Eunji as a punishment and proceeded to carry Bomi in her arms. Wiping the child's tears with her own hands, Bomi stopped crying immediately. Eunji saw Bomi sticking her tongue out to her as if signalling her victory and that "dad" had lost.

"Omo, this rascal..." said Eunji in surprise.

"What?" said Chorong, completely unaware of what was happening.

"No, nothing. Anyway, what else do we need to buy?" 

 

~X~

Just as what their leader told them, the three maknaes were out by themselves in the youngster streets of Hongdae, strolling out with their masks on and searching for children apparel and toy shops. Unlike the unnies, they were excited because this wasn't something they would do on a daily basis.

"Shall we get pink clothes for Bomi unnie to wear?" said Namjoo in excitement.

"Hey, that dress looks nice!" said Naeun in which Namjoo agreed. The unnie and dongsaeng pair had the same interests in fashion and were a good match together, often giving each other their own opinion about their own fashion styles.

"Guys...we need to buy Bomi unnie's stuff....." said Hayoung as she followed the two into various shops, looking at clothes and accessories instead of the actual reason they came here. She wasn't exactly that interested in fashion and ended up being the third wheeler, waiting for her unnies to try on hundreds of clothes as she played games on her phone. Eventually, she got bored and looked around. Outside the shop, Hayoung noticed that there was an internet cafe a few blocks away. As a gamer, this was very tempting. The maknae looked behind and saw that her unnies were still very engrossed in their shopping.

"Unnies, call me when you're done. I'll be going somewhere first." said Hayoung in which her unnies said okay.

Like an excited kid, Hayoung went straight into the internet cafe and sat down in front of the computer. Massaging her fingers, she couldn't wait to play one round of her favourite shooting games. It's been awhile since she played as there were a lot of schedules and barely any time. This was her only chance.

However in the middle of playing, a weird message popped out which states:

 

"Dear Player Oh, have you ever thought of having your wishes granted? Why not have a go now? Type in your wish and it will come true! Tested, guaranteed and certified!"

 

The maknae thought to herself that she has seen this somewhere before. Her memory soon struck her back, as this message was similiar to the one this morning. Perhaps, its the same company that turned Bomi into a child. Hayoung had a lot of suspicions over this but at the same time, there was a lot of curiousity and it was very tempting. Hayoung had lots of wishes when she was a child and most of them, never came true. With a chance just in front of her, why don't she try it out?

As she clicked the "Ok" button, it transferred into a website that was completely in black with only a small box to type in and a button named "Make My Wish Come True" placed at the bottom.

"Okay, what kind of wish shall I put?" mumbled Hayoung as she thought deeply and carefully.

With a smile, the girl typed in

 

" I wish I could be invisible "

 

and pressed the button. It was sent and the website closed by itself. For awhile, Hayoung stared blankly at the screen wondering whether it worked or not. Having the abilities to be invisible was one of Hayoung's childhood wishes as there were times where she wanted to be alone and not to be seen by anyone. 

"Maybe it hasn't taken into effect yet." thought Hayoung to herself as the her phone rang. Her unnies had finally finished their shopping and were ready to actually do what they were supposed to do, buy Bomi's toys and baby clothes.

 

~X~

 

By the time everyone had finished their errands and returned home safely, it was now afternoon where it was the hottest time of the day. Chorong was already busy preparing lunch in the kitchen after their manager had given them approval to have a three days of leave, after hearing of Bomi's strange case. Eunji helped out as she was the next best one, who was skilled at cooking besides the leader. The maknaes were tasked in helping to change Bomi's clothes and wash her as she was full of sweat. But of course, this was a mess especially for the girls who weren't experienced at taking care of babies.

"Is it too hot or just right?" asked Naeun in worry as she tested the tempature of the bathtub filled with water.

"Unnie, it's not like you're going to boil ramen noodles in the tub right?" joked Hayoung.

"Bomi's coming in~" said Namjoo who successfully undressed her and placed her in the tub. The girls each divided their tasks, Naeun shampooed Bomi's hair, Namjoo washed her body while Hayoung had to entertain Bomi so that she wouldn't move so much.

"Ah! Stop splashing the water Bomi unnie!" said Namjoo frustrated as she got her shirt all wet.

"She's as energetic as always. Bomi unnie doesn't even bath often so I guess that's why she's behaving like that." mumbled Hayoung as she closed her eyes because of Bomi's constant splashing.

After a long battle, the three girls managed to clean Bomi successfully and pulled her out of the water, wiping her clean and dry. Namjoo took Bomi out to dress her while the two roommates cleaned up the place. Wiping the spilled water on the floor and cleaning up the mess Bomi made, it was something the girls hadn't been doing in a while. But being branded with the name of "Clumsy", it is not surprise for Naeun to make her comeback again. 

As the yeoshin attempted to walk out of the bathroom, her feet slipped against the slippery floor and almost fell only to be caught by Hayoung, whose instincts came automatically.

"Hello my prince in shining armour" joked Naeun as she was held on, similiar to how princes would hold their fallen princesses.

"Omo, unnie, don't say things like that. And please, be more careful." said Hayoung, startled at her strange words.

"Hey, don't flirt in the bathroom." said Namjoo as she came back to take something but instead, she too, slipped over the slippery floor and fell against Naeun and Hayoung. A big, loud crash could be heard as the three girls simply laugh uncontrollably at how silly they must've looked like. They were like falling domino blocks and almost kissed each other on the face.

"Oh my god, you kids." said Eunji as she ran over wondering if something had happen, only to witness the maknaes being silly again. But she can't help to pay more attention to Naeun. That girl has always been worrying her, knowing how clumsy she is.

After getting a hold of themselves, the maknaes were back at work. Cleaning the mess again and being super careful not to slip again, as they chased after Bomi around the dorm who refused to get dressed. But they managed to catch Bomi who became distracted by the delicious smell of Chorong's cooking. Soon enough, everyone was able to gather around the dining table filled with the dishes cooked by the mom and dad of the household. As they didn't have a baby chair, Bomi sat on Eunji's lap while Chorong fed her whatever food she pointed.

Life in Apink's household went on as normal as they slowly got used to handling a child. Everyone went back doing their usual things as it was so rare to have days without schedules. Eunji left for an afternoon workout in the gym, Hayoung went to the nearby internet cafe to play her computer games again, Namjoo met her friend Haena at a cafe in Hongdae, Naeun just chilled in her room by simply staying in bed and reading books while Chorong sat in front of the television with a sleeping Bomi on her lap. As the leader looked at her, she smiled and caressed her hair. Rather than the cheerful Bomi that often played jokes with her, there she was in front of her, an innocent sleeping angel who does no harm.

"Sleep lots Bom-ah and please grow up to be normal." chuckled Chorong to herself.

"Mom...." mumbled Bomi as she spread her arms and wrapped it around Chorong's waist, using it as a pillow.

As night fell, the girls returned home and dinner was already prepared. As they gathered and ate together, Namjoo suggested on a two days one night trip to Wolmido, where the girls can have fun at the amusement park and also have their own private lodging on the island. The maknaes were excited with her idea but as the leader, Chorong expressed her concerns but still, accepted the idea. That night, the girls packed their luggages with anticipation. Chorong, Eunji and Namjoo had agreed to take turns and drive since they were the only ones who held a driving license. They also informed their manager where they were going, just in case the public finds out about their trip and decides to write a news report. It's a normal thing to happen in their celebrity life, there is never privacy.

It was reaching past 12 and Namjoo was very enthusiastic about the trip. She listed down many things they could do and organized the whole itinery of the trip. It was also time for the girls to sleep as they were going to leave the dorm in the early wee hours of morning.

"Kids, you should go and sleep." said Chorong towards the maknaes who sat in a circle at the living room, planning out the trip. Suddenly, she could feel someone lightly pulling her pants. The older girl looked down only to see Bomi staring at her.

"Mom. Mom." said Bomi.

"Bomi-ya, I'm not your mom. But anyways, what is it?" said Chorong as she bent down so that she maintained the same eye-level as Bomi.

"Why is mom not sleeping with dad?" asked Bomi innocently.

The maknaes who heard this laughed out loud.

"That's right unnie, you should go sleep with Eunji unnie." teased Namjoo.

"I'll go take a picture of you two and upload online for our fans to see" joked Hayoung.

"Bom-ah, mom doesn't need to sleep with dad. Do you want to sleep with me instead for tonight?" smiled Chorong in which Bomi smiled in response. The leader proceeded to lead Bomi into her room, while giving scary glances to the maknaes as she closed the door.

The three remaining girls looked at each other and nodded, "We stay together, we die together, we're all in this together" As long as they are together, they were not afraid of their leader just like mischievious sisters who get into trouble.

Inside Chorong's single room, the older girl spent the night with Bomi. But even so, Chorong and Bomi had always slept together especially in times where they had late schedules and the younger girl couldn't feel comfortable in her own room. This time however, was a smaller-version of Bomi and in a way, it reminded of her younger sister. Watching her sleeping face, it made Chorong want to protect her at all costs. Even though at times, it was always Bomi who protected her instead. Because she is smaller now, it is her turn to take up the responsibility.

 

~X~

The next day had arrived and the girls of Apink were excited. Driving out into the outskirts and reaching Wolmido, they hadn't exprienced this kind of trip in ages since they became idols. They loved doing things that normal teenagers would do, stopping by rest areas to grab food, singing along on a wonderful car ride and playing games on the way. It was a great way to relieve their stress from work. Eunji and Namjoo took turns driving as Bomi refused to leave Chorong's lap. Eventually, the girls arrived at the reserved pension house that one of Eunji's friends owned. It was tucked away in an isolated beach, giving the girls plenty of privacy and protection from stakers who want to creep into their private lives. There was a big bungalow with 6 large rooms and an open swimming pool facing the ocean, floating above the small mountainous area that scattered the place with plently of nature.

"Wow, this place is awesome!" said Namjoo with excitement as she stretched her arms out, having driven the most.

"Unnie, let's quickly put our stuff and head into the pool!" said Hayoung as she opened the car boot with rush.

"Aigoo this kid needs to calm down." said Eunji as she playfully hit Hayoung's as a form of punishment.

The girls took their luggage and placed everything in the large, living room before changing, and heading out to the beach that was about 5 minutes walk, down the hills where their pension was. The maknaes left as quick as ever, bringing along items like a float, portable chairs and many other things. The only ones behind were the mum and dad, Eunji and Chorong who simply sighed at the scene.

"Honestly, if Bomi was back to her normal self, it would cause even more trouble." said Eunji as she double-checked whether the car was locked.

"I can't really swim so I'll just watch these kids from afar. You should also have fun too Eunji-ya." said Chorong whose arms were occupied with carrying Bomi who fell asleep during the long journey.

"You sure about that unnie?" asked Eunji, who felt bad for Chorong, who couldn't really have any fun by herself.

"It's okay, go have fun like the others." smiled the older girl.

"Well, if you say so." said Eunji as she took out her oversized jacket, revealing a sleeveless white shirt that seemed to display her perfect S-line body which was the hardwork of her constant visits to the gym.

"Omo, what are you doing undressing in front of me." said Chorong as she quickly turned around.

"This unnie is so conservative. I bet you Namjoo brought her bikini. Are you gonna keep your eyes covered?" teased Eunji with a laugh, finding Chorong's reactions rather adorable.

Soon, all six gathered at the beach. The maknaes were busy playing in the water, challenging each other who could swim the fastest while the unnies sat under the umbrella, like parents who watched over the kids. Although Eunji would occasionally jump in but the maknaes would playfully kick her out because she kept winning all their games. By the time night fell, the girls had a barbeque party from the items they bought this morning. Sitting outside the porch under the night sky as the aroma of meat filled the air, the girls chatted for a long time.

It was a moment that they wished would stop forever. Just the six of them, alone in a faraway place where no one could disturb them. 

"Unnies, there is only one last piece of meat left." said Hayoung to which everyone turned their heads to the grill, staring at each other like vicious beasts.

"The meat has to be mine." said Namjoo with eyes burning with passion.

"I'm your unnie, so you should give it to me." said Naeun with a threat.

"Omo, since when was Naeun unnie like that?" said Hayoung with a laugh.

"Kids, don't fight. Play rock-paper-scissors and the one who wins gets it. That way, it will be fair." said Chorong. As expected of the leader, she knew how to prevent fights among the members and always figured a way to settle the problems in a neutral manner.

"As you say so, Rongmama." teased Namjoo.

"Hey, don't call me that."

"Mom!" said Bomi who sat on Chorong's lap. In fact, the child had been sticking very closely to Chorong like glue. Following her almost everywhere and anywhere she went.

"Rock...Paper...Scissors!" said the three girls as they placed out their hands.

It was two rocks against one paper. Hayoung won.

"NO!" shouted Namjoo in defeat in which Hayoung laughed out loud in victory. Naeun on the other hand just kept quiet, admitting her own defeat.

"If only Bomi was here, she would make a fuss and start cheating us on the game." laughed Eunji.

"What are you saying unnie, Bomi unnie is right here." said Hayoung as she took the last piece of meat, straight into . As she ate, Namjoo simply kept staring at her until she gulped it down.

"I mean, adult Bomi. Not the child Bomi." said Eunji, rephrasing her sentence.

"But I really hope the Bomi that we know comes back." said Chorong.

"Sometimes, its not fun without Bomi around." said Namjoo in agreement.

"But they said three days right? It's already been two days so Bomi unnie should turn back tommorow." said Hayoung.

"I hope she does..." said Chorong in worry.

The rest of the night was spent with the five girls chatting away their worries and concerns in life. Just like what normal girls would do, it was a time where they bonded even closer than ever. If only life like that was peaceful, everything would be perfect.

 

 

 

But, life often changes and challenges us.

 

 

 

[THE NEXT DAY]

 

 

 

Bright sunlight shone through the curtains, signalling the start of a new day. All the girls had their own individual bedrooms and had agreed to wake up at 7am. Chorong woke up by instinct, as her body had already been used to waking up in the early hours of morning. But she noticed that something was missing. Turning around at her side, Bomi was not there. 

In a bolt, Chorong got out of bed and started looking for the girl. Walking out into the long hallway that stretched of the six rooms where the girls slept, she walked with quick steps. Her eyes checked every single corner of the house and soon, looking out the window where the swimming pool was, there she was. Chorong felt a sense of relief knowing that Bomi wasn't in any sort of danger. The child was just dancing by herself, without any music. It definitely reminded her of Bomi a lot, knowing that she loved dancing.

But for some reason as Bomi danced, the child felt dizzy and her mind was spinning. She could feel herself suddenly, growing in an immense speed. Her body was turning bigger, longer. But she couldn't grasp her vision, walking aimlessly and eventually, slipping against a puddle of water. Bomi who seemed to undergo a strange change to her body, fell into the pool.

"Bom-ah!" shouted Chorong as she dashed across, heading outside to the pool.

But the girl was hesistant. Freezing in front of the pool, as Bomi continued to helplessly drown. The girl was afraid of water. The thought of entering the water, made her feel suffocated. But this was not a time where she could wait and call for help, she had to do this no matter what. 

"Unnie, what's with the screaming so early in the-" mumbled Namjoo who heard Chorong's calls as she slowly walked out to the pool, only to see Chorong daringly jump into the pool to save Bomi. Of course, the maknae knew that Chorong couldn't swim. She knew that this was a suicide mission. With a loud voice, Namjoo woke the whole household and asked her unnies to help Chorong out as the leader was deep inside the 4meter pool.

Chorong who had her eyes open in the water, tried her best to reach out her hand to the now, adult Bomi whose conciousness has yet to return. But the girl too, had difficulties swimming in the water. For some reason, the fear had returned and Chorong wasn't able to move forward even though Bomi was just in front of her.

 

"Move Chorong-ah! Why can't you reach your hands out to her?!" thought the girl with frustration.

 

But before Chorong could do anything else, two other girls dived into the pool, pulling the two out with ease. It happened very quickly, Naeun and Eunji both dragged the two out of the pool, out into the open surface where they could finally breathe the air. Chorong was fine but Bomi wasn't.

 

The girl laid helplessly on the floor, not giving signs of life.

 

 

 

 

 

[END OF CHAPTER 1]

 

 

 

 

A/N: Hello everyone, I hoped that you enjoyed the first chapter of Breathe! This is just the beginning as we begin to delve deeper into the power of wishes. It's more of a chomi/eunrong chapter but there will be other pairing moments later! Do share your thoughts about it so that I can improve better! Thank you for reading! The next chapter will come soon~