Chapter 10

Breathe

 

"The box in my head filled with memories,

Will fade away like everything else,

Will I sometimes miss them and look back?

We were created during tough times,

Maybe it was then that everything faded,

Now I think it's shining a little more" - Apink, To.Us

 

Chapter 10

 

The girls stared blankly at their CEO, thinking that those very words they just heard, was just a dream. The word "disband" had been a very difficult word to absorb into their minds, it was the one thing that Apink wanted to prevent the most. The promises that they made together when they were trainess, the dreams that they wanted to achieve, the wishes and hopes in order to become a long-lasting group like their seniors such as S.E.S or Shinhwa, all of that broke apart just by one word. "Disband". It was a taboo word, not just to the girls but in the music industry itself. Such word represented failure, lost and seperation. For all those six years, it was really the end of the road.

"Sir...Are you serious? Are you sure you didn't get enough sleep and you're just talking nonsense right now?" asked Eunji as her tone raised, refusing to believe the truth.

"Unnie, you're too loud..." said Naeun softly as she held onto Eunji's arm, pulling her back before her rage could burst even further.

"This can't be true sir...it...doesn't make sense..." said Namjoo speechless.

"I'm sure you're well-aware that the company isn't financially stable recently and with everything that has been happening, Eunji, Naeun and now Bomi in the hospital, the accident, the insurance, everything was covered by the company. We did it because it was part of the contract, we did it because the company as a whole wanted to protect you. As I have said, we are a family and we will support you until it is time to fall. There was just too much going on and our partners, subsidaries were angry as to why we were doing such a thing. There was a long meeting this afternoon, it was really....frustrating." sighed Choi Jin Ho as he explained everything in a calm manner. He was well-aware that Eunji was not going to sit down and accept the fate. He knew her personality too well and at times, he couldn't win against her arguments.

"So is money the problem? Is it because of us? The company is at risk? That's why the decision was set down to disband the group?" asked Eunji, bursting through lots of questions. She wasn't stopping until she got the answers she wanted.

"Unnie..." said Hayoung quietly, finding this side of her, rather scary.

"I am well-aware that Bomi has miraculously woken up from her coma because of this wish that you had told me earlier. This strange phenomenon that you've been telling me, when will it stop? Eventually, when will all these wishes you speak of end? Can we find a cure? This can take months, years or even decades to investigate this problem that even the police, government or even god can even solve." 

"....." The girl stood there, not being able to say anything. For once, she lost this fight. For once, she could not overpower her boss because what he spoke was the truth.

"I'm not sure when Bomi will fully recover but at this state, it will go nowhere. Apink has to disband."

"Then what about us?" asked Eunji.

"What are we going to do sir?" asked Namjoo.

"The company has come into an agreement to resign new, exclusive contracts with you. We still have-"

"Sir." said Eunji, making Choi Jin Ho stop in the middle. This was just going way too fast, too many things were happening at one time and it was difficult to process all these thoughts together. The girls were still in a sea of emotions after knowing that Bomi has woken up but the news of their sudden disbandment just came in like a storm and now, a decision to resign a new contracts, it was too much to take in for both Eunji and the girls alone.

"Can we talk this out another day? We need some time." sighed Eunji as she held her head for awhile, confused, frustrated, angry, all kinds of emotions she could feel in that one second.

"I understand. It's a bit too much to have this all going. For now, Bomi's health is important so let's focus on that first. I'll tell the news outlets to not reveal it yet until we make a decision." said Choi Jin Ho as he patted Eunji's back and proceeded to walk away, towards the lobby area as he went to inform of a miracle that happened, that the patient Yoon Bomi has awaken after just one day of her tragic accident.

"Unnie...." said Hayoung as she went up to Eunji who sat down outside, refusing to enter Bomi's ward.

"It's okay. Let's take this one at a time." said Eunji.

"I'll check on Bomi unnie first. Are you guys coming along?" asked Namjoo.

"It's okay, you three go ahead first." 

"I'll stay with unnie. You two head inside first." said Hayoung, wanting to stay with her unnie. The two older girls nodded their head and proceeded to walk inside but Hayoung suddenly grabbed Namjoo's hand.

"Don't tell Chorong unnie what happened yet. For sure, she can't take this news very well." whispered Hayoung. It was clear that there was worry written all over her eyes.

"Don't worry. I got it. Let the unnies handle this Hayoung-ah." smiled Namjoo as she and Naeun headed inside.

The two girls entered the ward, only to see a sight that was somehow heart-warming yet heart-breaking at the same time. Watching their unnie, Chorong hold onto Bomi's hands dearly as the girl could only helplessly lie and stare at her while the tubes attached throughout her body continued to function, supporting her to live and breathe. The girl had finally stop crying and it seemed like the two were in their own world, their own bubble. They only saw each other and nothing else.

"You think we should leave them alone?' whispered Namjoo.

"No, if we do, Chorong unnie is never going to leave the room."

"Omo unnie, you suddenly have a good sense of humour"

"Shush, Eunji unnie taught me that..."

"Oh...I see.....Hmmm...." said Namjoo as she jokingly stared at Naeun in a suspicious manner.

"Can you stop doing that?"

"What? Are you hiding something from me unnie? How could you hide something from your most, precious dongsaeng who gives you so much of love?" pouted Namjoo.

"Aish....seriously..."

The Tom and Jerry started bickering with each other, to the point where Chorong could obviously hear them. She turned at them, and smiled watching the two while signalling them to come over.

"Bomi unnie!" said the two as they went to Bomi's side. 

Seeing her two dongsaengs doing well, she felt relieved. Although she was stuck in this paralysed state and was unable to speak the words she wanted, all it took was one look to tell everything. Her eyes represented everything she felt, her feelings, emotions, everything.

"Naeun-ah, you can hear me right? You can still hear people's thoughts don't you?"

Naeun stood still for a moment, surprised to hear her unnie's voice in her head. To her realisation, this was somehow her only mode of communicating with her. The girl just looked at her and nodded, fully aware that both Chorong and Namjoo have no idea what is going on.

"I'm glad. In a way, your powers are both good and bad at the same time. I just wanted to tell you something. Chorong unnie. Please, take her home. I know she had a rough day, worrying about me, she probably cried the whole night, didn't sleep much or refused to eat. She needs to rest. Trust me, I know her far too well. Please do me a favour and take her home. Thank you, Naeun-ah."

The girl simply nodded in response, hearing what Bomi had told her in her head. Of course, it was only Bomi who knew Chorong from the back of her palm. Whenever it's about Chorong unnie, Bomi is your answer.

"Unnie does your neck hurt? Why do you keep moving it up and down?" asked Namjoo noticing something was off.

"H-huh? No, its nothing. It's getting late now and you're hungry aren't you? Lets go eat dinner."

Namjoo stared at her suspiciously. It was far too obvious that Naeun was planning something but she decided to play along, seeing how Naeun kept moving her eyes back and forth, begging Namjoo to follow her.

"Yeah, the sun has gone down. I'm sure Bomi unnie needs to rest too. Chorong unnie, lets go!" said Namjoo.

"Someone has to be here to care for her. I'm staying." said Chorong, her eyes still fully fixed onto Bomi's.

"Unnie..you haven't eaten a single thing the whole day...its not good for your health..." 

"Its okay."

Naeun and Namjoo looked at each other. They were at a lost. Never before had they known their unnie was this stubborn. It was almost as if she was a child who refused to leave her mom alone.

"What do we do unnie?" whispered Namjoo.

"There's only one way." said Naeun.

 

~X~

 

Outside the ward, Hayoung looked at her unnie worriedly. She had never seen her this angry before, let alone watching her rage and punching against the wall. It was definitely a new side of her.

"Sorry Hayoung-ah, you had to see me like that. Were you scared?" said Eunji with a sigh as she turned to the maknae and smiled. But anyone could tell, it was not a happy smile.

"I can understand why you would get angry too unnie. Sometimes, Chorong unnie can't think rationally when she's cornered and tends to put herself at risk. What's worst is that she's always keeping these things to herself, not wanting us to be worried about her.

"Oh...maknae~ you've grown." smiled Eunji as she patted her shoulder.

"I-I told you I'm not a baby anymore..."

"You will and always forever be a baby in my eyes Hayoung-ah."

"U-Unnie dont say things like that" said Hayoung, flustered at her words. Thanks to the maknae, Eunji was able to laugh again.

"Thank you Hayoung-ah"

"W-why are you thanking me unnie?"

"Because I felt like doing so. Anyways, I'm going to have to speak to Chorong unnie again. I might scare you. Busan girls are very good at arguing y'know." said Eunji as she stood up.

"But..."

"I know. We shouldn't fight. But, this is the only way. That girl isn't going to listen otherwise."

It was at that moment, the ward door opened and Naeun, Namjoo came back outside.

"Eunji unnie. We need your help." said Namjoo as she grabbed her hand.

"Chorong unnie won't budge from her spot." said Naeun.

"Oh my god that girl seriously.." sighed Eunji.

"But wait. I need to tell you something." said Naeun as the four girls stopped and looked at her.

"I know it sounds crazy but I heard Bomi unnie in my head. She talked to me. She told me to get Chorong unnie home. Its amazing how Bomi unnie knows exactly what happened to Chorong." said Naeun.

"Of course, they both love each other. What can you expect? At least Yoon Bomi understands the situation too. I'm going in, the three of you stay here. Thanks Naeun-ah, for telling me that." said Eunji as she could tell from one look, Naeun was very worried about her. After all that happened, she probably didn't want to see like that again. Eunji held onto the doorknob, took a deep breath and opened it, taking one step inside where she could easily see the couple who were in their own world. Yet, it hurt her heart so much to see her same-aged friend trapped in her own body. Perhaps, it was better if Bomi was into her coma until her injuries had healed. Perhaps, it was better if Chorong had never made that wish then, Apink would never have to disband. These thoughts fueled up inside the girl's thoughts, almost ready to explode as she walked nearer to the older girl who sat and stayed by Bomi's side, never letting go her hand.

"Unnie." said Eunji in a low tone as she grabbed her shoulder.

But, the girl did not respond.

"Unnie!" said Eunji as she forcibly made Chorong to turn around, making sure that her eyes were onto hers.

Upon catching her sight, the girl could only reply with a sigh.

"Are you happy now?" said Eunji as she crossed her arms.

Chorong simply nodded.

"Wow, unnie you're seriously...." said Eunji as she sighed again. The number of sighs represented how much she was holding her anger from spilling. She knew she shouldn't argue, she knew it was wrong to shout at her, everything she wanted to do, was wrong.

"Are you glad that nothing happened to you? Aren't you curious what kind of consequences occured when you made that wish?" 

"......"

"You thought it was something that would only happen to you? No. Guess what unnie?"

"....What?" said Chorong as she finally spoke. In fact, the girl knew she was in the wrong. She knew she made a selfish decision that would make others angry. She knew for sure, Eunji wasn't going to be happy with this. She was prepared with whatever that was going to come. She wanted to accept everything in exchange for Bomi to be awake again and out from her coma.

"You made us, built us into a group called Apink and now, you are the one who broke it down."

"W...What do you mean Eunji-ya?" said Chorong, slightly taken aback by her words.

"You still don't get it? This is all your fault unnie. Apink is over! Apink is disbanding!"

"H...Huh?"

"Jin Ho oppa just told me the news. The financial state in the company is not getting any better. Isn't that fishy? There is no way cash would suddenly disappear from the air. I knew that the company was able to support this. This doesn't make any sense but your wish did. You made this. You are crushing all of our dreams apart."

"I..." said Chorong as tears flowed down her cheeks, realising what happened.

"How are you going to solve this leader-nim? Huh? Make another wish again? Eventually, something else will happen and are we going to continue making wishes to make things better? If you did not make that wish, none of this would have happened."

"Then, are you saying you want Bomi to be in a coma forever?"

"I did not say that. Even if she was in a coma, there was still hope. I believed in time. I believed that Bomi will wake up one day but you just couldn't. You couldn't because you were just blinded in love."

"That means you don't care what happens to Bomi."

"Why are you thinking in that way? Since when have I EVER did that? Huh?! 

"Fine. That's right, I'm selfish. There's no turning back anymore. Apink is over. It's my fault. Put the blame on me. Do it."

"This isn't you. This isn't the Chorong unnie that I know."

"That's right. Hate me. Yell at me, Eunji-ya. It's all my fault." said Chorong as she looked up, her eyes were red and watery but inside, you could see a strong will of fire burning from the inside. Indeed even at times like this, she was still the leader. She put the blame on herself, no matter how heavy the burden was on her shoulders, she wanted to take in everything even if it means to lose her member's trust.

"Alright. Be that way. This is what you deserve unnie. All because of love, you became like that." said Eunji, her anger had already reached its max. She could no longer think rationally anymore, her mind was boiling and fuming. She was about to grab onto Chorong, almost wanting to throw a punch at her.

"Naeun-ah...please help....please.....stop them....."

It was in the split moment, the door bursted open. The members, nurses and doctors flooded the room, both Naeun and Hayoung held onto Eunji while Namjoo took Chorong away as the medical staff surrounded Bomi, taking her away to another ward in order to run through tests as news of her miraculous awakening spreaded.

"Stop it Eunji unnie! This isn't you!" said Naeun as she held tightly onto Eunji's arm whose fist clenched tightly.

"Unnie! Calm down! You need to calm down!" said Namjoo.

"Excuse me girls, the staff will be running through some tests on patient Yoon Bomi. It will take some time so it would be best if you could go home first. I will contact you when it is done." said the doctor who interrupted in between. There was only silence as an answer, as the doctor left the ward.

"It's all your fault." sighed Eunji as she left with storming steps, Naeun ran after her as the two maknaes were left behind with their still unstable unnie whose legs fell to the ground.

"Unnie!" said the maknaes, worried as they helped their leader up.

"I knew it. It's because unnie didn't eat a single thing at all. She doesn't have energy anymore." said Hayoung.

"Hey, help me out. We need to bring her back home." said Namjoo as she placed one arm over Chorong's shoulder while Hayoung placed her arm at the other side.

"I gotta call Hyunsoo oppa." said Hayoung as the maknaes were tasked with getting their unnie home, just like what Bomi had said. 

Outside, Naeun chased after Eunji who walked past the lobby, going inside the stairwell as she was too impatient to wait for the lift.

"Unnie, wait!" said Naeun as she managed to grab hold of her wrist.

"Let go of me Naeun-ah." said Eunji in an upset tone as her voice echoed loudly in the empty stairwell. There was nobody else but them.

"Where do you think you're going? You can't just walk off like that, people will see you!" 

"Then, what do you think I can do?" sighed Eunji as her steps stopped, eyes onto Naeun.

"I know you are angry at Chorong unnie but you need to let that fire go. It will only bring you more harm."

"And where can I let that fire go?"

"I...don't know but-" said Naeun as her voice got softer, cornered by Eunji's words. But it was at that moment, Eunji suddenly grabbed her face and pulled her into her lips.

"U-Unnie!" said Naeun flustered as she pulled back but Eunji held onto her, forcing her into another kiss. In the end, Naeun gave in as the couple kissed silently, angry tears flowed down Eunji's cheeks as she finally broke down. Only in front of her, she showed her weak side. It was only in this moment, she could cry in her shoulders when she was sad, angry, frustrated, confused, all kinds of emotions that made her felt that way. Wrapping her arms tightly around her ant waist and feeling the warmth, Eunji snuggled her head next to Naeun's neck.

"Unnie...."

"Let me stay like this for awhile."

"Mm..." 

For about two minutes, the couple stayed in that position, hugging each other. It was to the point where they didn't want to let go of each other.

"Are you feeling better?"

"A little...but the more I think about her, it gets worst"

"Then, think about me."

"I will." smiled Eunji.

"What are you going to do unnie?"

"About what?"

"Apink....."

"What do you want to do Naeun-ah? Do you want to continue being a singer?"

The younger girl thought long and hard. For some reason, she was hesitant. She loved singing and dancing on stage, the excitement of being together with her fans was always something she enjoyed but yet, her heart said otherwise. It was always her dream to continue her studies towards art. She thought that maybe, this was a chance to take a break and focus on other things.

"It's okay Naeun-ah. I'm not forcing you or anything. Follow what your heart says."

"I....I want to continue my studies....."

"I see. I'll see what the maknaes decisions are. Either way, it makes sense. We can't continue without Bomi. She's still in a condition that we are unsure of."

"Then what about Cho-" Naeun quickly stopped, not wanting to mention her name.

"Let's go to the company Naeun-ah."

"Company? Not the dor-" Naeun stopped herself again. It would make sense that Eunji would avoid meeting Chorong for awhile. Sometimes, time was needed to heal these wounds and Naeun had to be there for Eunji, to make sure that she would never grow angry again. Just like today.

None of the girls will ever forget that day. The day they fought, the day they broke down in tears, the day they saw their loved ones in pain, the day their very dreams shattered like that.

 

~X~

 

 

[THREE MONTHS LATER]

 

 

Spring had arrived in Seoul, the weather was still cold but flowers were slowly blooming. Walking in the streets, there was a girl who covered herself in a white mask, still wearing a thick coat as she always got cold easily while checking on her phone. It was clearly visible on her index finger of a silver ring that wrapped around it. It was a ring with the an engraving of five letters that was A P I N K. Despite the big news of their disbandment that shook the country three months ago, she still wore the ring in hopes that her members would come together as one again. Although she does miss her fans and the thrill of standing on stage, it was all in the past. Now, she's just an ordinary 21-year old college student who recently registered for her major.

"Unnie, which cafe are you at again?" asked the girl as she called someone.

"The one in the far end corner."

"Ok, got it."

"Hey, you sound sleepy. Don't tell me you stayed up playing video games again."

"As expected, Namjoo unnie knows me far too well."

"Whatever, I'm treating you coffee so be thankful."

"Wow~ thank you unnie. I'm hanging up." said the girl as she placed the phone inside her pocket and proceeded to walk towards the cafe.

Meanwhile at a town nearby, a girl stood in front of a specialist and psychological therapy clinic. She had good fashion sense and anyone from the street would've stopped by to look at the still-beauty.

"I hope things got better today." mumbled the girl to herself as she took a step inside, walking towards the counter.

"Hi, are you here for an appointment?" asked the nurse.

"No, I'm waiting for this patient, Park Chorong. May I know which room she's in?"

"Oh, she's in the room on the far left. I think the doctor just finished the therapy session."

"Alright, thank you." bowed the girl as she proceeded to walk towards the door as told, took a deep breath and knocked on the door.

"Come in." said the doctor.

Upon opening the door, she saw her unnie who sat on the chair as she read her records. The doctor welcomed her.

"Naeun-ah, you don't need to come here everyday." said the girl, noticing who had arrived.

"No Chorong unnie, I have to make sure you do your therapy." smiled Naeun.

"Ah, I'm not a baby you know...." said Chorong embarassed. Naeun just laughed in response. She was glad to see Chorong feeling better and happier, there was more light in her eyes.

"Are you done? Let's go visit Bomi unnie." 

"Yeah, I'm done. Let's go! Thank you doctor-nim." bowed Chorong as she left with Naeun.

Back at the cafe, Namjoo finally saw the girl she had been waiting for and waved at her.

"Hayoung-ah! Over here!" waved Namjoo with a wide smile.

"U-Unnie, you're attracting attention!" whispered Hayoung as she quickly covered Namjoo's mouth.

"What, I haven't seen my pretty maknae in ages and that's what you do to me?"

"No....okay fine, I'm sorry."

"Aigoo, don't apologize. I missed you." said Namjoo as she hugged Hayoung.

Ever since that day, the girls each went their seperate ways. Hayoung went back home as she wanted to spend time with her family. But after Hayoung registered her college admission, she was returning back to Seoul and Namjoo wanted to see her before anyone else.

'Hey, you'll only going to college two days later right?" asked Namjoo in excitement. She was happy at Hayoung's decision to start college as she had been delaying it for a long time because she believed Apink was more important. Although this wasn't the case anymore.

"Yeah, why?"

"Let's go on a road trip!"

"Huh?"

"Unnie will drive!"

"Okay...." said Hayoung as she nodded in agreement. But she could tell that there was a sort of motive behind Namjoo's plans.

 

~X~

 

At Seoul National Hospital, Bomi was moved into the common ward. Her injuries has healed and her miraculous awakening was still a big mystery to doctors. She was able to talk, laugh, and express herself in anyway possible but the only problem was that she was tied and trapped onto a wheelchair. The accident had affected her tailbone and it would take years for it to even heal properly with proper treatment. Throughout the three months, she knew what had happened and accepted the news of the disbandment. But the girl didn't lose hope. She believed strongly that she will walk again, without the power of wishes.

"Unnie!" grinned Bomi brightly as she saw Chorong and Naeun in a distance. She was out at the hospital's garden, wanting to take a fresh breath of air as she was sick being stuck in a secluded area.

"Bom-ah!" smiled Chorong, seeing Bomi.

"How was your therapy today? Did it went went well?"

"It did. The doctor asked me the same questions again, I don't know why he does that"

"Unnie, you do the same when you're drunk too"

"Hey!" said Chorong as she playfully hit her shoulder.

"Omg, don't attack a patient, I'll sue you unnie" joked Bomi.

Naeun who saw the two being happy in their own world, somehow felt left out. Looking at the time, she wanted to get out from these two.

"Unnie, I'll go first. I need to go back to college." said Naeun as she bowed goodbye and walked back. But she was surprised when she almost bumped into someone.

"I-I'm sorry, I wasn't looking where I was walking." bowed Naeun.

"It's nothing, Naeun-ah." 

Upon hearing that familiar voice, Naeun looked up and her face brightened upon seeing who it was. The girl who wore a pink cap and dressed in her usual oversized sweater, it was none other than Eunji.

"You didn't tell me you were coming unnie"

"I wanted it to be a surprise. But, I guess I can't go in now." said Eunji as she peeked a look and saw Chorong with Bomi.

"How long are you going to avoid her?"

"I don't know....probably forever...."

"Unnie!" said Naeun as she pouted and crossed her arms.

"What?"

"That's it, the two of you need to make up." said Naeun as she grabbed her hands and dragged her towards the garden.

"H-Hey! Naeun-ah! Stop!" said Eunji, flustered at Naeun's actions.

It was at that moment, the two met each other's eyes. The girls who fought with each other three months ago, finally met.

"Eunji-ya...." said Chorong, surprised to see her.

"Unnie......" mumbled Eunji as she scratched her head and started moving around as she felt awkward and nervous.

The older girl took a step forward and hugged her. Eunji was surprised, flustered, shocked as to what was happening.

"U-Unnie, w-why what huh?"

"You fool, why on earth did you hide away from me for three whole months?" said Chorong as she shed a tear and lightly hit her chest.

"B-But wait I thought you were angry at me? Huh? HUH? Shouldn't I be saying sorry to you unnie?"

"Oh my god how dare you make her cry Eunji-ya" joked Bomi seeing the sight.

"You have no idea how worried Chorong unnie was you know...." said Naeun.

"You didn't say, how would I know?!" said Eunji, speechless.

"It's because you said you'll get angrier when you hear Chorong unnie's name"

"But I'm not...angry anymore...." said Eunji as she got softer. She was indeed quite embarassed yet somehw ashamed of herself. She was indeed like a kid who ran away from home, not wanting to face Chorong unnie but yet, despite the things she had said to her, despite the words that hurt her heart, Chorong still cared deeply for her.

"Oh god. Can you two just make up already? It's so frustrating to watch." said Bomi sarcastically as she moved her wheels forward and placed Eunji's hand around Chorong, forcing her to hug Chorong back.

"Unnie..." said Naeun as she laughed, seeing how the whole situation. Bomi was like the mom who taught the two kids to make up by first forcing them to hug each other and say sorry one by one.

"Ok, now that you've hugged, the one who did wrong say sorry first. Eunji-ya, do it." said Bomi.

"I-I'm sorry Chorong unnie..."

"Good, now Rong unnie's turn"

"S-Sorry Eunji-ya...." said Chorong as she laughed halfway, finding this hilarious. Eunji too, laughed.

"Unnie, stop crying" said Eunji as she wiped her unnie's tears with her fingers.

"Do you need tissue? I'll get a whole truck of it." joked Bomi which made everyone laugh. Thanks to Bomi, the girls were able to make up with each other and their relationship was back to normal. Misunderstandings between each other were cleared off like that as the girls each looked on with a brighter, new day ahead. Hopefully, no one would ever get into fights again.

 

~X~

 

Namjoo and Hayoung were on a road trip, driving towards an endless road that lead to nowhere. The girls stopped by a convenience store to buy some snacks but Hayoung noticed that there was definitely something off with her unnie.

"U-Unnie! Why are you buying this?!" said Hayoung, surprised to see Namjoo taking not one, not two, but three bottles of soju off the shelves.

"What? A road trip means you're supposed to have fun."

"But it's still daytime!"

"Are you saying we can't drink?"

"No..." said Hayoung at a loss as she watched her unnie proceeded to the cashier to pay.

Soon, they were back at the road. Hayoung occasionally looked on at Namjoo, worried that something was wrong. Suddenly, the car pulled up at a park located in the middle of nowhere. Here, there was no one around except for the two. Namjoo then proceeded to bring the three bottles of soju out and sat onto her bench.

"Unnie...." said Hayoung, watching Namjoo gulp down the bottle of soju. She didn't even pour it into a glass.

"Unnie! Stop!" said Hayoung as she held onto Namjoo's hands before she could reach the second soju bottle.

"Seriously, what's wrong with you? Are you sick? What happened to you while I was away?"

Namjoo just stared at Hayoung. Her eyes focused onto her lips.

"Unnie?" asked Hayoung worriedly but it was at that moment, Namjoo suddenly grabbed her face and kissed her.

"UNNIE!" said Hayoung shocked as her face turned red. She quickly pulled back her lips and covered . She really had no idea what was going on with her.

"Cute. That's why I love you Hayoung-ah"

"Huh?!"

"This has been driving me crazy you know. I've been wondering whether this was a good decision or not."

"What are you mumbling about unnie? Crap, you're already drunk."

"This Hayoung-ah~ I shoud press it right~" said Namjoo as she took out her phone and showed it to Hayoung. Namjoo recieved a wish. What was written in the empty box was "I wish none of this had happened and we could just return back to normal." Namjoo's finger was almost about to press it.

"Unnie! Don't press it!" said Hayoung as she quickly grabbed Namjoo's hand. But it was too late. The finger touched the screen a split second faster. The moment the wish was sent, the world suddenly blackened out. It was as if everything zapped into a small space as the two girls were transported into a different dimension. It was almost, like magic.

 

~X~

 

Blue, bright skies hovered across the Seoul city, summer was here. The powerful, hot rays shined through the window as it hit the eyes of a sleeping girl. Everything seemed peaceful for a moment but her sleep was interrupted by a dolphin scream.

Wait. Why am I in bed? Wasn't I drinking soju just awhile ago? Where is this place? Isn't this....the old dorm in Mapo? What? 

"What's with the screaming unnie? said Eunji as she jolted awake from her bed.

Huh? Eunji unnie? What's she doing here?

"B-Bomi isn't here!" shouted Chorong in shock as she pointed towards a still, sleeping child on Bomi's bed.

Wait....this scene seems familiar.....

"Who knows, Bomi probably went for a walk in the middle of the night and found a lost child in the middle of the streets so she brought her home and she's probably at the supermarket now buying baby food" laughed Eunji, finding it funny.

"UNNIE!" shouted Namjoo in the middle of nowhere.

"Woah, good morning Namjoo-ya" said Eunji, surprised.

"This is bad. This is bad. I time-travelled back in time!" mumbled Namjoo to herself in realisation.

 

[END OF CHAPTER 10]

 

A/N: Hey everyone, sorry for the late update! A lot of things happened this chapter and Eunrong finally made up! Thanks to Namjoo's wish, looks like everything has been reset to day one! Do share your thoughts of what you think will happen next! I would like to apologize as I will be taking a 3-week break because I have finals coming up soon...But don't worry, I will be back soon, promise! :)