Chapter 12

Breathe

 

"It's amazing when I'm with you,

It's like I've seen you in my dreams,

It's like I've drawn you out in my dreams,

If only you came to me like a miracle and hugged me,

Now let's quietly fall in love, love for you,

Only you." - Apink, A Wonderful Love

 

 

Chapter 12

 

 

At one glance, the girls immediately took action. Not because they were celebrities, not because it was the right thing to do but because, their beloved Bomi unnie was in danger once again. Completely aware that others were watching, they had to move swiftly.

"Sorry but where is the nearest hospital?" asked Namjoo in a hurry.

"Should be a 15 minutes walk from here, wait aren't you-"

Before the samaritan could even continue her sentence, Namjoo apologized many times as the two girls snatched the unconcious Bomi from her arms. With the child in Naeun's arms, the three girls quickly ran as fast as they could to the nearest hospital. Of course, it would've been good to wait for the ambulance to arrive but it was dangerous because people might realise that the child is actually "Yoon Bomi of Apink". Rummaging through the crowd, they apologized many times and avoiding looking at anyone else, it definitely created a scene. The girls were already expecting some news to appear on social media but it didn't matter, they needed to protect Bomi before she turned back to an adult.

"Keep running!" said Namjoo.

"T-this is tiring and embarrassing at the same time unnie!" huffed Hayoung.

"Shut up and run" said Naeun.

"Omo unnie" said Namjoo shocked.

"Please, she swears whenever shes in her room. I guess Namjoo unnie isn't used to it because she doesn't sleep in the same room as her every, single, day."

"Hey, stop talking useless things and run faster!"

"Well, it's not like my legs can magically go any faster right?" said Hayoung in sarcasm.

"Says the person who can even talk normally while running at this speed."

"Can you two just stop and focus on running?" said Namjoo, not wanting to be in the middle of an argument that seemed to belonged between two children.

As they were of young blood, the girls reached the entrance of the big hospital in no time. Catching their breath, it felt as if they went for a marathon or some sort. Rushing straight to the emergency counter, the nurses quickly took Bomi in for a checkup. It was then, the three girls sighed in relief and collapsed into the nearby chairs, exhausted and drenched in sweat.

"I forgot that it's summer right now, not winter. I'm soaked." sighed Namjoo as she took deep breaths.

"Water.......water......" mumbled Hayoung but her legs had already given up. She couldn't take any more steps to the free, water dispenser nearby.

"Let me call Eunji unnie again." said Naeun who was the least affected. Among the three, she was more athletic and exercised more often. It was all thanks to her daily workout and pilates exercises where her stamina was still quite stable in situations like this. Bomi wasn't the main worry in the older girl's mind, it was the other two who seemed like fire and water when met. With her memories back, she understood Chorong's pain more, being by herself throughout the entire therapy process. She was afraid that seeing Eunji, would've brought Chorong's mental state into a much, worse condition. A lot of things went through her mind, many that she could not express properly in words. This was always, her own social problem and it was constantly the root of misunderstandings.

But after a long beep, Eunji finally picked up.

"Oh, Naeun-ah! Actually, we lost Bomi so we're finding-"

"We found her. Come to Mapo Hospital unnie. Something happened to her."

"Okay, we're coming-"

"Don't hang up."

"Why? Is something wrong Naeun-ah?"

"Y....You're with Chorong unnie?"

"Yeah."

"Are things going well?"

Eunji could only reply with a quiet laugh. No words were needed to describe the answer.

"Alright. I got it unnie. Meet you later, the maknaes and I will be here."

"I'm hanging up." said Eunji as the call ended.

"What did Eunji unnie say?" asked Hayoung in worry.

"They're coming." replied Naeun.

"She's with Chorong unnie?" asked Namjoo.

Naeun simply nodded. She used the last of her strength by calling Eunji and now, drained out thanks to the sudden run. Time continued to tick, as nurses rushed to normalize Bomi's temperature. She was suffering from a sudden high fever that was a mystery to the medical staff but these three girls, knew what caused it. Yet, it was frustrating to not tell them because it would prove to be nonsense. It was to the point where, seeing such situations were just normal. The girls were calm and patient, watching the nurses do everything they can without even freaking out. Such scene, even surprised the doctor.

Within 15 minutes, Bomi's temperature had normalized thanks to an injection and was carefully handed back into the arms of Namjoo, as the maknaes joked that "Naeun would drop Bomi because of her clumsiness". 

"It was a close-call back there. As for now, she will require a few medication to ensure the fever doesn't get back. If it persists, please come back here straight away. It's dangerous for the child if the fever goes higher." said the nurse, as she explained the types of medication needed and all sorts of things to Hayoung, who seemed blur and nodded blindly. It was far too difficult for the maknae to understand such complex words.

".....Understand?" asked the nurse.

"Uh....yeah......so um, how much is it?" 

"That will be 350,000won."

"Uh....wait......um....unnie....." said Hayoung in a lost state, searching for her unnies. 

"Here you go." said a familiar voice from behind as money was handed over to the nurse. Quickly turning her head around, Hayoung quickly hugged the girl in relief.

"Eunji unnie!"

"You look really tired." said Eunji in worry, immediately taking a look at Hayoung and rubbing off some dirt from her face.

"The three of us ran all the way to the hospital."

"You what? Aigoo, the three of you must be crazy." sighed Eunji as she fixed Hayoung's hair and shirt, like a mother who had a sorry heart over her child.

"I don't know where Naeun and Namjoo unnie went. They dissapeared after getting Bomi." mumbled Hayoung.

"Don't worry, Chorong unnie is with them." smiled Eunji as she held onto Hayoung's hand and brought her along to where the others were. Minutes before, Eunji was looking for Hayoung the moment she and Chorong arrived at the hospital. The older girl stopped and hid in a corner on purpose, to observe Hayoung nodding to the nurse like a lost child. She found it rather cute, and continued to watch her until she really, needed help. Of course, she will never tell Hayoung that she was watching her the whole time. It was these little moments, that brought happiness to her. She found it fun and adorable to watch Hayoung completely lost.

"Why are you smiling unnie?" asked Hayoung innocently.

"Nothing."

"Uh huh." said Hayoung as she stared suspiciously at her.

"Aigoo, i hope you'll be our maknae forever." grinned Eunji as she teasingly messed up Hayoung's hair.

The younger girl only pouted, she didn't like being treated the youngest but at the same time, she did. It was a complicated feeling to always be the "baby" because there were always times that she wanted to be more "adult" and mature. Soon, the two were reunited at the lobby where the others were. Naeun and Namjoo looked exhausted as Chorong gently held the still, sleeping Bomi in her arms. 

"Let's go home kids." said Chorong to which the girls sighed in response, thinking about having to walk all the way back to the dorm. Along the way, Hayoung explained the whole story to her two unnies, who missed out the important details.

"But wait." said Hayoung in the middle of her explaination.

"What?" asked Eunji.

"The two of you.....seem normal."

"Of course we're normal, what do you mean?" said Chorong in a speechless laugh.

"No, I didn't mean that way but-" before Hayoung could continue herself, Namjoo quickly held onto her hand and shook her head. It was then she realised that, it wasn't the right time to just jab a sensitive question in front of the two, who were still in the middle of fixing the hole they made. It was in moments like this, that Hayoung was still the innocent and clueless maknae that the unnies had to ensure that she didn't do anything wrong. It was in these moments, Namjoo was always there to save her before she caused more trouble.

Luckily, the girls of Apink didn't catch anyone's attention and arrived back at their dorm safely. But this was where, the chaos begun. By the time they reached, Chorong's phone rang. It was in the late evening, the tired maknaes all took a shower and slept, leaving Eunji awake to care for Bomi.

"Looks like it's starting unnie." said Eunji.

"Things are going to get busy." sighed Chorong as she answered the phone.

News of what the maknaes did that afternoon, spread like wildfire on social media. Of course, their managers weren't happy with this. As the leader, Chorong beared the responsibility and handled the talk carefully. Like a parent who was in charge of the troubles her kids made, the girl took the blame and accepted whatever scolding. It was her job after all.

"I'm heading to the company." sighed Chorong as she hung up, getting ready to go out again.

"You want me to follow you? I can help you out." said Eunji in worry.

"No, you stay here and make sure the kids don't get out of the house. Take care of Bomi as well. Call me once she wakes up." smiled Chorong.

"Alright, got it unnie." said Eunji, respecting her decision. She believed in her leader. She trusted her.

Watching the girl leave, Eunji was left all alone with the still, asleep Bomi as the three maknaes were in their own rooms, resting after the tiring ordeal. This gave her a moment of peace, to think about what had happened. What was most eventful was that, she was able to make up with Chorong, somehow. She didn't want to remember bad memories and only keep the good ones intact. Glancing at Bomi, she wondered how easy life must be as a child.

"Look at you just sleeping like that. It must be good to have all of us care for you until you turn back. I wonder if your memories returned too." mumbled Eunji, lounging on the sofa with Bomi by her side. Slowly while embracing the silence in the dorm, Eunji too nodded off to dreamland.

It was a total blackout. The main vocal was completely knocked out into a deep sleep.

 

~X~

 

"Eunji unnie! Eunji unnie!" 

It was a familiar voice that caused the older girl to quickly open her eyes, immediately touching the empty spot where Bomi was supposed to be.

"Hey, where's Bom-" before Eunji could even start, the first person she saw was Hayoung who stared at her confused. 

"You must've had a bad dream unnie." said Hayoung as she bursted into a laugh.

It was then, her senses all returned. The older girl looked around and found peace. Namjoo and Naeun were in the kitchen, bickering with each other what kind of ingredients to put in otherwise their home-made dinner would be ruined while Bomi was still fast asleep at the other sofa in the living room, with a blanket over her body.

"Bomi still hasn't woken up?" asked Eunji as she rubbed her eyes.

"It's only been one hour unnie."

"Oh? Really? The three of you sure got your energy back quick."

"Because we're young, unlike you unnie." said Hayoung in sarcasm.

"Oh this maknae, getting bold huh?" smirked Eunji as she grabbed hold of Hayoung's shirt.

"Uh, I think Namjoo unnie is calling me. Be right back~" said Hayoung, smartly escaping danger.

"By the way unnie, where did Chorong unnie go?" asked Namjoo, peeking her head out from the kitchen.

"Hey! The food will burn!" said Naeun, pulling Namjoo back inside. 

"Unnie, are you blind?! This isn't a burn, the food is originally like that!"

"Hey, don't say like that to your unnie"

"But it's the truth!"

"Why don't we just stick with delivery? The two of you ." asked Hayoung as she butted in.

"AS IF YOU CAN DO BETTER!" said Namjoo and Naeun in unison.

Hearing the maknaes bickering in the kitchen, made Eunji laugh. 

"Guess I need to cook, otherwise the kids are going to burn the house." mumbled Eunji to herself with a laugh as she got out of the couch, stretched her arms out wide with a groan and proceeded to walk into the kitchen.

"Hey, let me handle it. Naeun-ah, just look after Bomi for me. I know you can't cook, so let me cook." said Eunji as she tied up her hair into a ponytail, wore an apron and began making wonders to the horrible masterpiece made by the maknaes. It was like magic. Eunji perfectly turned something completely unedible to edible. With that, the four of them were able to have dinner without the help of Chorong around.

"Hey, why don't we cook something special for Chorong unnie so that when she comes back later, she will feel really touched?" asked Namjoo with excitement, having an idea in her mind.

"You're just doing that because we're going to be stuck here anyway right?" said Naeun sarcastically.

"Wow, unnie are you heart-less?"

"No I'm not, what are you saying?" said Naeun as she lightly hit Namjoo.

"Oh look, the original Tom and Jerry duo are fighting again." said Eunji with a smile.

"Normally it's Chorong and Bomi unnie fighting." said Hayoung as the two just watched them bickering over useless things. It was then, the maknae took a glance at Bomi and noticed the child moving in the blankets.

"Unnie. I think Bomi unnie is awake." said Hayoung as she placed a finger over her lips, telling her two unnies to keep quiet. At instinct, Eunji quickly went over to Bomi. Crouching on the floor so that she maintained the same eye level as the child, she carefully lifted the blanket open only to see the child in tears.

"Aigoo, what's wrong Bomi-ya?" said Eunji, wiping the tears with her fingers.

"I......remember........it..........all.........." sobbed Bomi quietly, trying to find the words to speak as she was still a child and did not possess much ability to express herself well.

"Yes, you did. All of us got it back."

"I.....can......move........"

"Mm...you're not paralysed anymore...." smiled Eunji, realising the wonders the wish could do. The others came over to Bomi's side, trying their best to comfort her. It was obvious that her normal state had returned and it was as if Bomi's soul was stuck in a child's body. Anyone could tell from the way she spoke, it was Bomi but her size told otherwise. Watching her cry, they could understand the amount of emotions she went through. The fact that she remembers everything, the fact that she is no longer in pain, the fact that she can walk and run however she wants, the fact that she is human again. Eventually, all four of the girls cried as well. Like a family, they were always there for each other, in moment of happiness and also in moments of sadness.

That night, the dorm wasn't filled with just laughter, happiness but also tears were shed, a warmth of a family had enveloped.

 

~X~

 

By the time Bomi had woken up and was fed, her fever had gone down tremendously and she was back to the original, healthy child everyone knew. It was already midnight and Chorong had yet to return home. Everyone else were in their own rooms, leaving Bomi all alone in the living room watching TV. Hayoung and Namjoo were in one room, while Eunji and Naeun were in the other. They each had their own excuses, that they "had something to talk about". 

In the maknaes room, Hayoung had originally pulled Namjoo in because she remembered clearly about the talk that never came to an answer.

"What is it Hayoung-ah? You suddenly got all serious and all that..."

"Before I forget, this is really the perfect time to ask you."

"Like what?"

"Like how you stole my first kiss." said Hayoung as she pointed towards her lips and then, to her.

"Ah..........crap."

"You were avoiding it the whole time. I knew it!"

"Hayoung-ah, listen."

"I am. Go ahead." said Hayoung as she crossed her arms.

"That time when I drank soju, i wasn't myself."

"I know. You said you were possessed as if it was the wish's doing. Okay. But that doesn't explain anything."

"..........."

"Unnie, let's get this straight. Do you like me?" asked Hayoung in a very, straight-forward manner that took Namjoo by surprise. She never knew the maknae could've grown to become this bold.

"Omo....Hayoung-ah......"

"I've already seen Chorong and Bomi unnie getting together. Eunji and Naeun unnie being together honestly makes me jealous too. Don't you?"

"Wow, Oh Hayoung."

"Unnie, don't joke please. I just say this up front because I don't want this to become awkward after this." said Hayoung as she took a deep breath, slapped her own cheeks and shook her head. Watching her, Namjoo broke into a laugh.

"UNNIE DON'T LAUGH I'M BEING SERIOUS HERE"

"Okay, okay, got it. You're just so cute sometimes." laughed Namjoo.

"I'm always thankful to you unnie, because you're always taking care of me and teaching me lots of things I mean, the other unnies also do the same too but I always feel something more, when I'm with you. Or rather, the more I think about the kiss, the more my heart beats like crazy. Ugh, it's so annoying I can't find a way to stop it." said Hayoung as her face began to grow red.

"You're making it so obvious Hayoung-ah." smiled Namjoo.

"I-I haven't finished talking! What I actually meant is that, uh these days when I'm with you, I feel very-" Before the maknae could even continue, Namjoo walked closer to Hayoung, her head facing upwards, her feet tip-toed, grabbed her cheeks and pulled it directly onto her lips. The maknae was taken by surprise, her eyes opened widely as she just stared at Namjoo who continued to gently kiss her lips. But for some reason, Hayoung didn't flinch. She just stayed put, feeling that adrenaline flow through her veins as her heart beat even faster than before. It was then she realised, this was the kind of feeling she had missed. 

"I'll say it for you Hayoung-ah. You like me don't you?" grinned Namjoo widely as she placed her arms around her neck, staring deeply into her eyes.

"I....think so..." nodded Hayoung blankly, still completely fazed by the kiss. Namjoo could only laugh, finding her extremely adorable.

"Ah, you're so cute! Why do I do with you Hayoung-ah?" smiled Namjoo widely.

"It must be a dream. It has to be dream. I'm sleeping unnie!" said Hayoung all of the sudden, her face still red as she buried herself in the blanket.

"Do you want unnie to sleep with you?"

"N-N-No!"

"Don't lie~ you like it when someone sleeps with you"

"Uh-maybe yes no?"

Namjoo could only laugh in response.

 

~X~

 

In the meanwhile, Eunji and Naeun were in a comfortably cuddling each other on the bed. All they needed was each other, nothing else. With their memories back, it was as if the two hadn't seen each other in forever. In their own world, they each caught up as to what they've been doing, sharing their own worries and troubles, supporting each other and of course, random kisses in the middle.

"I'm glad things are going well with Chorong unnie." said Naeun with relief.

"It wasn't easy y'know"

"But you didn't have to go all the way to avoiding her for three whole months. You have no idea how worried she was."

"Like how?"

"In her sleep, she would randomly mutter your name or suddenly apologize while crying. It really broke my heart a lot."

".........."

"Sorry Eunji unnie, I didn't mean to-"

"No, it's okay. At least I understand what Chorong unnie has been going through. Let's just look at the bright side from now."

"But what will happen now unnie? Everything has been reseted and this wishing game is probably going to be on forever."

"Wait, you don't have your powers anymore right?"

"Yes, I feel really glad that I don't have to listen to those annoying voices in my head."

"That's good." said Eunji with a smile.

"Why?"

"Because you wouldn't want to know what I'm thinking right now." grinned Eunji.

"Like what?"

"That no matter what happens, I'll always be here for you. Even if the wishes seperates us apart, I'll still find a way to get back to you. Is it too cheesy?" 

"It is."

"I knew it." said Eunji as she broke into a laugh.

"It's so cringy unnie~ stop it~" said Naeun as she jokingly faced her back towards Eunji to which the older girl decided to wrap her arms around her waist, hugging it like a pillow.

"Good night Naeun-ah."

"You're going to stay in that position?"

"I haven't seen you in awhile. Let me be."

"Okay unnie" said Naeun as she quietly giggled.

 

~X~

 

In the midst of the blossoming romance happening in the dorm that Bomi has no idea about, the lonely girl had been flashing through channels that were completely boring to her taste. She had been sleeping for more than 5 hours so it would've been impossible to sleep at this late hour. Instead, her thoughts were filled with worries, wondering where her Chorong unnie might be. Frustrated that she was still stuck in this child body, the things she wanted to do were very limited. Even the words that she wanted to express from her heart, it was difficult.

It was then, a sound can be heard from the entrance. Immediately at instinct, Bomi excitedly got out of the sofa and ran towards the door, to see the girl she had been waiting.

"Bomi-ya?" asked Chorong surprised to see the child, looking completely fine and standing.

Bomi could only nod in response.

"Are the rest asleep?"

She nodded again. Frsutrated, Bomi couldn't do much being stuck in her small body of hers. Just looking at her, she wanted to jump into her arms, hug her, kiss her, comfort her, shout everything that was in her heart. She wanted to do it all, but she couldn't. It was then.

"Food is for you!" said Bomi in her restricted language, pointing towards the dining table where the leftovers from dinner were.

"Got it Bomi-ya. I'm glad they prepared it for me." said Chorong as she proceeded to take the food and ate it while watching the TV with Bomi.

The younger girl on the other hand, constantly stared at Chorong eating, observing every single features of her face. 

"Why are you staring at me like that Bomi-ya? This isn't you.."

"Because...it is me...." mumbled Bomi.

"Did....Did you get your memories back too?"

Bomi simply nodded in response, to which Chorong sighed in relief. It was then, the child sat onto her lap and stared at her face.

"Omo, what are you doing?" said Chorong surprised.

"I miss you a lot." said Bomi.

"Me too."

"Can I?"

"What?"

Unable to form the right words, Bomi simply pointed towards her lips.

"B-But it's a bit weird to kiss you when you're like that. I can't kiss a child Bom-ah." said Chorong nervously.

"You don't love me?" pouted Bomi as she crossed her arms, to which Chorong laughed.

"Okay. Fine. But only a peck. If you go any further, I'll throw you out of the window." joked Chorong.

With a smile, Bomi carefully held onto Chorong's cheeks with her small hands and gently placed her lips onto hers. Although for Chorong, it felt weird because it wasn't her yet it was. It was a strange feeling to be kissed by a child, even though fully aware that it was her.

But all of the sudden, that kiss caused something to happen to Bomi's body. Like magic, her child-like body started growing bigger. Her clothes tore apart due to the sudden increase in size and her hair grew longer. Thanks to that kiss, child Bomi was back to her normal, adult self.

"I-I'm back!" said Bomi in joy.

"First, g-get off me...." said Chorong in a soft voice as she was crushed by Bomi's weight on her lap.

"Ah, sorry unnie!" said Bomi as she got off, to which her underwear got exposed because her clothes all tore off. This resulted into Chorong's loud dolphin scream as the older girl quickly covered her eyes.

"Go and wear something!" shouted Chorong in a blush, hoping to forget the image she had forgotten.

"What, it's not like you've seen me before." laughed Bomi.

"Whatever! Go! Wear! Something!"

"Fine unnie~" laughed Bomi as she sneaked into her room where the maknaes were sleeping together. But of course, Bomi was never quiet. By just opening the closet, there was a loud thud sound as Bomi accidentally dropped something.

"Bomi unnie?" mumbled Namjoo as she woke up to the noise.

"Yes it's me Namjoo-ya~ Miss me~" whispered Bomi as she started acting silly again.

"Wait, it's not even three days yet?" mumbled Namjoo in her still, half asleep state.

"Yes, you're still dreaming Namjoo-ya. Go back to sleep." 

"Okay unnie" mumbled Namjoo as she returned back to her dreamland. Finding this amusing, Bomi tried to hold her laughter while wearing back her original clothes. Feeling comfortable and free that she was no longer a child, Bomi was joyful and walked back to the living room where Chorong was.

"I'm back." said Bomi as she posed.

"Stop it." said Chorong in a speechless laughter. But somehow it made her relieved because seeing her behave like that, only meant that Bomi was really back.

"How can I not be excited when I can finally do whatever I want? Look, I can run, walk, talk and sing all I want~" said Bomi as she started moving her body all over, dancing and doing silly things that made Chorong laugh.

"You must be really happy Bom-ah." smiled Chorong.

"Now, let's kiss for real unnie." said Bomi as she went up to Chorong without any hesitation and planted her lips onto hers. It was much more natural this time, and less awkward. Bomi did everything she wanted, a long, warm hug with her unnie, a gentle kiss on her lips and forehead, and telling that she loves her forever. It was these things, that really meant her real longing for her. All these three months of being trapped, Bomi let everything out.

 

~X~

 

It was now past 2am, everyone had fallen asleep except for the two who cuddled in each other's comfort in the living room, quietly watching a boring drama. It didn't matter whether they were tired because they missed each other so much. 

"I heard you went to the office today. Did you get scolded?"

"Let's not talk about that." sighed Chorong.

"It's okay, you did a great job as always." smiled Bomi as she kissed her forehead.

"How many times did you even kiss me today?" laughed Chorong speechless.

"I'm gonna do whatever I want, I don't care~" teased Bomi.

"Fine~ do whatever you want Bom-ah." said Chorong giving up.

"Unnie." 

"What is it Bom-ah?"

"I figured out a way to stop this wishing game once and for all."

"Which is?"

"But you wouldn't be happy. I wouldn't be happy either."

"Why?"

"Because if we do that......." said Bomi as she paused in her words.

"Bom-ah" said Chorong as she looked at the younger girl with encouraging eyes.

"If we really do that.....we probably.....may never see each other again." 

 

 

[END OF CHAPTER 12]

 

A/N: Hajoo finally got together and Bomi is back! But, what is this plan that Bomi speaks of? Do share your thoughts as to what she has in store~ Thank you for reading and subscribing! This chapter is for all the chomi, 2eun and hajoo shippers out there~ next one coming up soon~ :)