iv.

the ups and downs (of being an idol couple)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

iv. in which dara tries to be a sweet girlfriend

dara's red in the face as she drives towards the sm building, a pink lunchbox placed beside her in the car. this is all minzy's fault, honestly.

she shouldn't have voiced out her concerns about not being a good girlfriend to the maknae, who all of a sudden became an expert ever since she started dating taemin.

"unnie, the best thing to do for your man is to make him lunch when he's working! isn't donghae-oppa recording an album with eunhyuk-oppa? you should cook him lunch and bring it to him at their studio!"

the idea did sound cute to dara. after all, minzy did mention that she did it for taemin before and the guy was apparently ecstatic about it.

maybe donghae would like it as well.

she succumbed to the idea, and spent last night looking for lunchbox recipes and practiced cooking. and today is the day she prepared different meat and vegetable dishes, kimchi, and rice— all packed in a pink hello kitty lunch box.

despite being ready, she couldn't help but overthink.

what if i'm overdoing this girlfriend thing? what if he thinks i'm too overbearing? she frets as she parks her car in a hidden parking lot near the sm building.

she sighs and just accepts her fate. after all, she's already here.

where are you? dara texts donghae, who replies after a few seconds with a 'here at the recording studio, waiting for hyuk to be done recording'.

relieved that at least her boyfriend is indeed available, she discreetly makes her way inside the sm building, clutching the lunchbox in her arms.

everything's fine and dandy until she realizes that she doesn't know the way to the recording studio. and she can't even contact donghae for directions because it's supposed to be a surprise.

just as she's about to turn around and leave in utter defeat, two boys who looked familiar to her come out of an elevator.

"ah, dara noona!" chanyeol remarks as he sees dara standing a few feet away.

he's with another exo member, kyungsoo, who follows him in approaching da

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter