Chapter III

Los Tres Grandes: Romeo and Juliet

It has been a week since Taeyong confronted Ten. The two were quite awkward with each other but fortunately the members didn't notice because the two hardly saw each other due to NCT 127 promotions. It was a great way for Ten to not have to bare the sight of seeing someone who used to be his best friend and someone he used to rely on, continue to be brainwashed by the company. Even though Taeyong was there, he still couldn't text Lisa now that he knew that SM was monitoring his phone it at all times. Taeyong was right about another thing, both Ten and Lisa were invited to join the lineup in a street dance choreograhped by SM's dancer Kasper for the end of the year show. 

Ten believed that SM must've paid a fortune to ensure that he didn't interact with Lisa. Even rehersals were held inside the SM building. Lisa was already given strict orders to be careful since she would be visiting the SM building often. It was like entering the lion's den. She had no idea what to expect when she went in there which made her quite nervous. She stood outside the SM glass door mentally struggling with herself to open the door. Some passerbys looked at her as if she was crazy. She was shaking until someone suddenly rested their big hand on top of hers. She turned around and saw that it was none other than Yugyeom who had a warm smile on his face. 

"Aren't you going to go in?" He asked. She slowly nodded while looking at him in shock as he gently opened the glass door. They were in shock by how different the inside of the SM building looked compared to their respective entertainments' buildings. The front desk had a gray marble print on it and the floors were crystal clear and white. The person behind the front desk looked like she belonged to a girl group with her stuning visuals. Everyone has heard about the SM flower garden, but they had no idea that even regular staff would be just as good looking. The lady looked up from her desk and greeted the two with a dimpled smile which made her look even more beautiful. 

"The two of you are here for the street dance right?" The two of them nodded. "Just head up to the 7th floor and the choreographer will be there to take you two the rest of the way." Lisa and Yugyeom headed to the 7th floor but didn't see the choreographer. Instead they were greeted by an SM artist that was a part of this dance which was Seulgi of Red Velvet. Lisa's eyes widened a little as she remembered that Seulgi was one of her rivals. She was amazed by Seulgi's unique visuals and her toned abs. 

"Are you okay?"Yugyeom asked waving his arm in front of her. She suddenly snapped out of it, while Seulgi giggled which caught her off guard. Even her laugh was beautiful. SM was completly different from YG. At the entrance of YG's building the front desk is brown while the floors and the walls are black, and the person behind the front desk is a male who is average looking but not really that handsome. Whereas everything in SM was white and everyone was beautiful. 

"I've heard so much about you. It's nice to have finally met you." Seugi said extending an arm. Lisa hesitantly but surely grabbed her hand to shake it. 

"Your pretty." Lisa accidentally blurted out which made Seulgi's cheeks turn red in a matter of seconds.  

"Woah. Do you have a crush on Seulgi noona?" Yugywom intervened. Seulgi playfully hit him on the arm even though it still stung him a little. 

"Of course not. Girls can compliment each other too." Seulgi said as the three began walking to the dance studio. Lisa couldn't help but wonder why everyone was so nice. She thought she would be treated differently due to the company she comes from. 

When they entered the dance studio, Kasper immediately introduced himself. "Welcome, my name is Kasper and I will be your choreographer. I've heard a lot about you guys and I will be looking forward to working with you for these next days." He said. Lisa smiled and shook his hand. She took a quick glance and saw everyone except Ten in the room. 

"Ten was here early this morning but he couldn't stay too long due to his schedule." Kasper suddenly announced to the rest of the group who frowned. Everyone was looking forward to meeting Ten after he did such an amazing job on Hit the Stage. Even though he was a rookie and had just debuted, he gained a lot of attention from the media and celebrities for his amazing dance skills. It was already known that SM trainees were no joke but the amount of talent that Ten had, made it seem like he was in the industry for a really long time. 

Lisa quietly breathed a sigh of relief as she wasn't ready to face him. It would be their first time seeing each other in real life since she debuted. Last time she met him, she was still a trainee while his group had freshly debuted. She wondered how Ten would react to seeing her after a long time. Would he still be as flirty as he was or would he act shy and quiet? 

Ten minutes had pass and already everyone was tired and out of breath, except for Lisa, Seulgi, Jinyoung and Yugyeom. "As expected of the Big 3." Kasper complimented. They hadn't even learned the dance yet, this was just a warmup that he liked to do before teaching his choreography. 

"How are you guys not tired?" Yooa asked holding her knees. The four of them shrugged in unison. Although Yooa was a really good dancer, her stamina was kind of weak which wasn't her fault. After finishing the warmup routine, it was time to teach the dance. 

"Now before I start I will explain the song and the dance. This as you guys already know is a street performance. There will be a lot of hip hop moves involved. The theme is having fun and it will basically be a guys versus girls situation where the boys are hanging out and they find a group of girls. At first they are kind of shy and awkward but at the end everyone joins up together and has fun. Each and everyone of you will get a chance to shine but there will be two of you that will be centers of this dance. The song we are doing is 24K Magic by Bruno Mars. There will also be a couple dance." He explained. 

"ooooo"Everyone said in unison. Yugyeom quietly looked at Lisa when Kasper mentioned the word couple. He suddenly got shy and shook the idea out of head. 

"If there are no questions. Let's get started!" 

Unfortunately for Lisa, Ten did not show up for practice in the past few days due to his busy schedule with NCT. It wasn't until a week before the performance that he finally showed up for the first time. 

"So. Do you have a crush on uri Ten?" Seulgi asked nudging Lisa's arm. She started to blush after her question, "W-Why would you think that?" Lisa asked shyly. 

"It's because your eyes always avert to the door." She responded. At that moment there was a knock on the door. Kasper who was stretching went to go and get it.

"It's about time that your scehdule fit into ours." Kasper said as Ten entered the room. All of the dancers who were chatting with each other stopped and looked at what was going on. Lisa's heart froze as she was not expecting to see him until the dress rehersal. 

Ten bowed to all of the dancers in the room, "Annyeonghasyeo, NCT Ten imnida." he said. All the dancers got up and at first Ten thought they were upset with him, but then they all clapped for him for finally making it. When Ten rose back up from bowing, his eyes immediately went to Lisa. He noticed that her hair was still blonde from the last time they met. Lisa noticed that his hair grew a little bit from the last time they met. Everyone was smirking at the two checking each other out, especially Seulgi who suspected from the start that Lisa had a crush on him. 

"Okay lovebirds. Time to show us the dance." Kasper said to Lisa and Ten. "Wait what?" Ten asked confused. 

"Oh yeah. We all decided that you and Lisa will be paired up for the couple portion of this dance." Kasper explained. Ten's eyes widened in shock. What exactly was SM trying to do to him? First they tell him not interact with Lisa and to make sure that this happened, they switched up his schedule and made him completely occupied so that he wouldn't get a chance to see her. Now all of a sudden they are paired together in a couple dance? Ten shook the thought out of his mind and went into his starting position while Lisa got into hers. 

Someone pressed play and the music immediately started. The two were doing the entire dance by themselves. Ten was starting first since it was kind of like a back forth thing between the boys and the girls. She was able to take in all of the talent that Ten showed off. She was amazed that despite the fact that he has never danced with the entire group before, he was able to make it seem like he was dancing with other people. 

Everyone else watched in amazement. Neither of them missed a beat and it seemed like they were having fun but while aslo telling the story through their dance moves. When it came time for the most exciting part the couple dance, everyone was howling and screaming at the two of them. They instantly made eye contact and their chemistry was a sight to behold. The two of them had complete control over their bodies and knew when to become sharp and clean or when to go soft and fluid. The dance finally came to an ened and everyone was clapping in excitement. Both Ten and Lisa felt embarrassed by all the attention they were given. 

"As expected of our Thai line." Jinyoung yelled. Rehersal finally came to an end and everyone was leaving until Kasper tapped Ten on the shoulder. "What is going on?" He asked the choreographer.

"There is something I need to tell you." Kasper said a little hushed. Ten leaned in a little bit to hear what he had to say. 

"As you know, SM has made your schedule packed for the past few days on purpose." He started, "Well that is not all, they changed their minds and want the two of you to become close again so that they can gain more information about YG". Ten sighed. 

"And what happens if I don't do as they say?" Ten asked. 

"SM will definitely find a punishment that you might not like." He responded. Ten glanced at Lisa one last time before making his decision, "Promise me that if I do this, Lisa won't be harmed in anyway." He said. 

"I'll make sure to notify the higher ups." Ten left the room and saw Lisa standing there as if she was waiting for him, "Hey." She said a little shy. 

"Long time no see." Ten said, equally as shy. The two stood there looking down and acting awkward and shy until they both tried to talk at the same time, "Um I-" They said in unison and started laughing.  It was like the two were old friemds that were reuniting for the first time.  

"So ho's it going?"Lisa asked him. Suddenly he bowed. 

"I'm sorry about everything. I was so busy and I made you lonely for a long time." He said. Lisa blushed, feeling like he was confessing to her. 

"Um, I don't know what to say, really. There is no need to apologize. You are a new group so it makes sense that your scehdule is busy." She responded back. He stood back up and took one of her hands. 

"Let me make it up to you." He said staring intensely in her eyes. Lisa had no clue what was going and had no idea why he was suddenly acting like this but she liked it and didn't want it to end. She nodded and they happily ran off. Meanwhile Yugyeom who was quietly watching the whole time, frowned. 

"How long do you plan to stare?" Seulgi asked maing him jump. 

"How long do you plan to be fake?" Yugyeom asked. Seulgi gave him a fake smile and suddenly had a serious look on her face. 

"Poor Lisa, she doesn't know what's coming to her." Seulgi said. Yugyeom's fists were clenched but he took a deep breath and decided not to yell. 

"Why do you guys hate each other so much?" He asked. Seulgi smiled at him and waved while walking away. The poor Got7 maknae didn't understand her actions. 

It was finally the day of the performance and everyone spent the whole day backstage, reharsing in preparation for the show. Meanwhile Ten and Lisa were no where to be found. "The devil works hard, but Ten works harder." Kasper said to himself. Suddenly the two casually came in laughing together and talking about things. 

"Aww look at the two lovebirds." Seulgi said with a smile. Ten blushed while Lisa plafully hit her arms. "Unnie!" She started and then she started doing aegyo while Seulgi did aegyo back to her. Ten and Kasper just glanced at each other, having no idea what was going on. 

"U-Um anyways, I am going to meet up with my members." Ten said while waving off at the three. Lisa smiled, thinking about what they did last night. After the two had mysteriously ran off that night, Ten took her on a trip to Namsan Tower. It was a little awkward since the two were not a couple, but they still managed to have fun as friends. Lisa quietly wrote down something on her lock while Ten was peeking. She looked up and hid the lock away from him. 

"Don't you know that these things are supposed to be kept a secret?" She asked. Ten shrugged. They took their locks to the millions of other locks and put them together. Lisa closed her eyes and put her hands in a praying position before she smiled and opened her eyes again. 

"Thank you." She said to him. 

"N-No problem." He said awkwardly looking down. 

Back to the present, Lisa went to her group memebers who were listening to the directions give by the producer. He left after the members thanked him. "So how was it being inside the SM rat house?" Jennie asked. 

"It was terrible. Everything was bright and pretty. Even the staff members looked beautiful." Lisa lied. Jennie cringed in disgust hearing about while Jisoo and Rose laughed. 

"More importantly, how was you know who?" Jennie asked. 

"Spoiler alert but we are doing a couple dance together." She said. The three members looked at her in shock. "Those conniving rats." Jennie said annoyed. 

"This performance sounds interesting." Rose said while Jennie and Jisoo glared at her. Lisa laughed awkwardly, meanwhile Taeyong was talking to Ten in a more secluded area. 

"How did it go?" He asked, in terms of being with Lisa. 

"Don't worry hyung, I am doing my best." He answered. Taeyong smiled and patted him on the back. "Good, I am glad you have been trying your best to avoid her." He said beforen walking away. Ten suddenly realized, did they not tell Taeyong about their new plans. Something was off. 

It was time for the performance. The Street Dance would happen after the contemporary dancers did their number. Both Ten and Lisa were nervous, thinking about the reactions they would get from their group members. Kasper gathered his group together in a huddle. "Guys, I just want to thank you for being your talented selves and perservering till the end for this performance. I especially want to thank Ten for working so hard catching up with his fellow group members for the past weeks." The dancers clapped for him while he shyly looked down. "I hope one of these days I can work with all of you again. You guys are going to kill this performance." He said. 

They all put their hands in the center on top of one another and bounced before relasing their hands in the air.  The girls and the boys went to their respected areas on the stage. The lights came on and the music started while the audience started cheering. "Put your pinky rings up to the moon!"