Chapter II

Los Tres Grandes: Romeo and Juliet

The date was August 8th, 2016. Everyone's hearts were racing and eyes glued to the computer screen as the manager was about to release BLACKPINK to the world. He clicked the upload button and everyone watched in horror and suspense as the video started uploading. It had finally reached 100% and the video was finally uploaded. Jennie couldn't take anymore of the suspense and left the room to take a walk around the floor that she was on. She took a deep breath as she went back into the room and found everyone with indescribable expressions on their faces. 

Her palms were very sweaty and her heart was racing as she took a small peek at the computer and saw that both Whistle and Boombayah reached 1,000,000 views. She had no idea how to react while the three other girls were squealing and crying as they could not believe it either. Suddenly the phones all over the YG building were ringing asking about their latest girl group. It was also annouced that both their debut songs Whistle and Boombayah reached number one on the charts. Soon enough the four members had busy schedules making many appearances on different shows getting their own debut showcase and then the day finally came for their debut stage. 

They were backstage Inikigayo doing a lot of different rituals to help them get rid of their nervousness. Rose was busy meditating, Lisa was practicing the dance, Jisoo was drinking a healthy smoothie and Jennie was taking a nap. Suddenly one of the producers came in and told them that it was time for them to go behing the stage as they got everything ready for Whistle and Boombayah. 

"Are you guys ready for this?" Rose asked. The girls nodded. 

"We have so much love and support so now it is our time to show everyone why we are YG's best."Jennie said. They all had a quick group hug before they took their designated spots. The music began playing and all of their expressions changed into cool and calm ones as they knew that they were going to give their best for their debut stage. 

When they got back they all screamed and cheered since everyone loved their performance. 13 days later BLACKPINK got their first win and broke the record for fastest group to win on a music show.  Papa YG had a bright smile on his face seeing how successful his group was doing. It was known throughout the company how amazing the group was doing. 

Meanwhile NCT had finally got a break from all the promoting that they were doing. It had so happen that SM was celebrating 20 years since its creation so as a gift, all the artists and staff were invited to go on a luxury retreat in Hawaii to have fun, participate in group activities and more. Taeyong stretched his limbs as he came out of the car and smelled the distant ocean breeze. The other members followed right behind him taking in all that Hawaii was showing them. There were beautiful palm trees that reached to the sky. The sunset was in the next hour or so, meaning that the sun was very bright. The sky was painted in shades of orange, yellow and red to make it seem as if the place came right out of a picture frame. The boys and the rest of the SMTOWN members were greeted by hulas who rested flower necklaces over their necks and played the ukelele. 

"What a time to be a alive." Mark said as he looked out into the horizon. 

"This place is breathtaking." Doyoung said already snapping pictures using his poloroid camera. They were staying at the Aulani Disney Resort. Taeil and Winwin were excited already making plans to hit the pool while other members wanted to sleep in for the rest of the day. "Dinner's at 10:00!" Taeyong yelled as he bidded the members farewell as they all were about to head off and do their own things at the resort. He went back into his room where he spotted his roommate Ten giggling and smiling like an idiot as he was busy texting on his phone. 

Tayeong snuck behind him to take a peek at who he was talking to. The top of the phone said Lala with two heart emojis and he gasped loud enough for Ten to turn around and see. He threw his phone to the side and looked at Taeyeong as he rested his two hands on his chest. 

"Hyung, you scared me." He said. Taeyong laughed nervously. "Um I just came to ask if you wanted to come swimming with the rest of us." Taeyong explained. Ten nodded with a smile and quickly chnaged into his swimming trunks and swimming top. The two quietly headed down the stairs not bothering to look at each other. They finally reached the pool where some of the NCT members were already stretching before going into the pool. 

"What took you two so long?" Taeil asked waving at them. 

"We got lost." Ten said as him and Taeyong started stretching next to them. The boys jumped into the pool and laughed while splashing each other. The boys had a whole bunch a fun. Taeyong took a break by sitting at the edge of the pool where Doyoung followed hm. 

"Hyung, you seem to be a little out of it, are you okay?" He asked. Taeyong looked at him and shook his head to say no. He took a deep breath, "I think Ten is seeing someone." He confessed. Douyoung widened his eyes in shock. 

"B-But we just debuted. What if he gets caught in a scandal?" Doyoung asked. Taeyong frowned, "I am worried about him. Of course I want him to be happy but I don't want him to get in trouble. What should I do?" He said. Doyoung though about for a while until he was able to respond. 

"You are the leader so maybe you should confront him about it." He answered. 

"Yeah but you know he easily gets upset." Taeyong said.

"Well than ease into it." He suggested. He decided to try his idea. During dinner Taeyong tapped Ten on the shoulder and gestured for him to step out for a bit. 

"I'm just going to be honest and ask you." He started. 

"Are you dating someone?" Taeyong asked. Ten looked at him in shock and began walking back to the table until Taeyong held on to his wrist tightly and pulled him back. 

"Are you dating? He asked again.m Ten turned around and was already upset with him. 

"None of your business." Ten yanked his hand from Taeyong's grip and went back to dinner remembering to compose himself. At night Taeyong peeked under his blanket and saw Ten texting again. He waited until Ten fell asleep to take a look at his text messages. Taeyong quickly grabbed the phone and went in the bathroom to read them. He was shocked as he looked at the messages. He clenched both his jaw and fists after he realized who Lala was. It was Lisa from BLACKPINK. Even though they were both warned that they couldn't see each other, they still decided to secretly communicate with each other.  

Thnaks to Ten's phone, Taeyong discovered a lot of about YG's plans and BLACKPINK themselves. He shook his head and snuck the phone back beside his roommate. His next plan was to figure if whether or not he should tell the CEO about it since he was going to meet him the next day.  Taeyong then decided to sleep and worry about it the next day. 

It was Friday in the morning and Taeyong woke up to find Ten already up and texting on his phone again. He notice Taeyong staring at him so he got up and went to him. 

"Hyung, I'm sorry about the way I acted yesterday. I was just a little tense but I feel better now. To answer your question, I am not dating and the person I was texting was Lisa from BLACKPINK. She was trying to get me into some groupchat that all the other Thai Kpop idols were in." He explained. 

After hearing this, Taeyong felt extremely guilty about reading his messages. He was about to tell him the truth until there was a sudden knock on the door. The two boys opened the door to find one of their sunbaes Boa telling them that after breakfast would be the team activities. Ten headed out first while Boa pulled Taeyong to the side. 

"Before you go, the CEO wants to discuss a few things with you."She whispered. He nodded and went straight to the room where he was. He knocked on the door and one of the secretaries opened it. There were many important people inside the room which included a few shareholders, creative directors, the founder Lee Sooman and the CEO. He suddenly felt his heartbeat quicken. He bowed to all the adults in the room and was then gestured to take a seat. 

"Welcome Lee Taeyong. I'm glad you could join us. We can now start the meeting." The CEO said.  

"It has been brought to my attention that you have found some interesting information on one of our rival companies, YG Entertainment."He said. Taeyong was shocked and wondered how on earth he found out such a thing.

"Yes sir." He responded. 

"In case you are wondering how we found out, there is a reason why we buy the phones for our artists ourselves. We have a tech team that is always monitiring the activites done on each and everyone's phones including some of the groups that have been here the longest."He explained. Taeyong gulped as he was now trying to remember if he has done anything wrong since getting his phone.  

"Now that we know what is going on, it is time to move on with plan T and that is where you join us. Why did we name it plan T you wonder, it's because the letter T is significant in many ways. T stands for you, Taeyong, also Ten, text and Thai. Your job is to prevent Ten from texting that YG girl. We want you to do everything in your power to keep them apart. It is an essential for this plan to go as smoothly as possible. You and everyone else in this room already know why SM and YG artists can never mix or be associated with each other. " Everyone in the room nodded. Taeyong couldn't stand YG artists, especially the one named Jennie. The fact that Ten was talking to one made his blood boil but at the same time a tiny part of him wanted Ten to be happy, but not with her. Not with YG trash. 

"Will that be all sir?" Taeyong asked feeling a little bit more confident. The CEO looked around and nodded. The secretary opened the door and allowed Taeyong to leave.  He bowed one last time before exiting the room. 

"He is one promising young man." Lee Sooman said. 

"That's what I love about him. He is my puppet who listens and answers to my beck and call." The CEO said with a smirk.  

Taeyong went inside the room to find the NCT members except one. "Guys, where is Ten?"He asked. 

"He went inside the bathroom, but he's been in there for awhile." Doyoung said. Taeyong sighed and went to the bathroom to find Ten washing his hands ready to leave. He jumped when he saw Taeyong just staring at him. 

"I have a question."He started. 

"Go on." Ten said. 

"Are you sure that you are only texting Lisa for the groupchat?" He asked. Ten sighed and rolled his eyes. "Hyung, why are you acting like this?"He asked. 

"It's becuase I need to know. I am worried about you. You have been on that phone the whole vacation instead of hanging out with everyone. We should be enjoying the vacation." 

"You just don't want me talking to her because she is from YG." Ten said as he dried his hands getting ready to leave. Taeyong slammed his hand against the wall. 

"I was trying to be nice by asking but I guess I will have to tell you the truth. I looked at your messages last night." He explained. Ten felt angry hearing this. Taeyong took to steps closer and leaned to his ear. 

"The higher ups have their eye on you so if you screw up, we all screw up. You know that they are our biggest rivals and still you decide to befriend them. How do you know she is not spying on you? Don't speak to YG clown ever again, especially since your schedules for the next few months involves her." Taeyong said under clenched teeth. Ten's jaw and fists tightened. 

"Do I make myself clear?" Taeyong asked. 

"Yes hyung." Ten said wanting to leave. Taeyong smiled and wrapped his arm around Ten, "Now let's go out there and pretend that none of this happened." Ten agreed and faked a smile as they headed back to breakfast. As much as he liked talking to Lisa, Taeyong was right and he didn't want anything bad happneing to her so he made up his mind and decided that when he would see her again that he would try his best not to interact with her.  

'Plan T has been activated.' Taeyong thought in his head. 

AUTHOR'S NOTE

I APOLOGIZE FOR ALWAYS TAKING SO LONG TO UPDATE, I HAVE MY OWN LAPTOP SO NOW I CAN REALLY GET THIS STORY GOING AS IT IS EASIER TO TYPE WITH. HERE'S A PICTURE OF THE TIME THE BOYS WENT SWIMMING IN HAWAII.

Image result for nct in hawaii