Chapter I

Los Tres Grandes: Romeo and Juliet

It was the year 2016. SM debuted their highly anticipated new boy group NCT. A lot of excitement and confusion surrounded the group due to the concept. To break things down, NCT which stands for Neo Culture Technology was going to have a limitless amount of members and would be split up into subunits. These units would sometimes have the same members or completely different members altogether. They would also have different concepts. The first unit that was scheduled to give everyone an introduction of this planned super-sized group was NCT U. This unit was rotational meaning that members will be a part of the group based on their suitability for a song.

The lineup consisted of Lee Taeyong, Ten, Kim Doyoung, Jung Jaehyun, and Mark Lee. A lot of people recognized the boys from dance practice videos or appearances from Mickey Mouse Club. 

The boys were backstage in Music Bank getting ready to perform. Taeyong was very nervous, as he didn't expect anyone to show up after being caught up in his first scandal. A "fan" had done the research and exploited Taeyong's dark past in which he used to scam people online. Although he was super apologetic and ashamed of himself netizens didn't want to leave things be and left mean comments including those where he shouldn't be allowed to debut.

s tried to cheer him up but they knew how sensitive he was and how easily he beats himself up over things. He cried so many times that the stylists had to keep reapplying new makeup on his face. 

"Two minutes!" The producer yelled. The five boys had gathered around in a circle.  "I'm so sorry guys. This is all my fault." He said. 

"Hyung don't worry about it. As you say, we all make mistakes and we learn and grow from them." The maknae Mark had said. 

"Plus if you want revenge, the best kind is to show those netizens how amazing and talented you are. Let them see how unfazed you are by their hatred." Ten said. Their words got Taeyong to smile just a little bit. It was finally time for them to head on stage. 

"To the world, yeogin NCT. Annyeonghaseyo NCT U imnida." They bowed. It was quiet for two seconds and when they stood back up there were screams for every member. Some people held signs which said their names. The most popular signs said "Mark" and "Taeyong". The same boy who kept crying couldn't believe how much support was shown for both him and his group. 

The 7th Sense started and suddenly crybaby Taeyong turned into cool and y Taeyong. Meanwhile, YG's debut team who would be called Black Pink were gathered in a conference room to discuss their debut schedule. 

"So originally you guys were supposed to debut in April but due to certain problems it will be held back to August."The manager started while the girls groaned. 

"Relax because we have a plan to guarantee you have the most exciting debut ever. YG has also decided that Whistle will be added to your debut song meaning that you will be debuting with two songs." He announced. The girls looked at each other with smiles. Suddenly the manager rose from his seat and showed the girls a music video. 

Throughout the video, Jennie's fists were clenched while Lisa's heart pounded a million beats per second. Once it finished Lisa was about to clap but everyone gave her death glares. 

"Guys, can't we at least show good sportsmanship?" She asked. Everyone ignored. "Unnie you have to admit, they looked cool." Rosé said towards Jennie. She rolled her eyes. 

"Is this the reason why our debut's being held back?" Jisoo asked out of curiosity. The manager nodded. 

"YG did it like this so that when you guys debut in August, all the focus will be on you and nobody else."He explained. Jennie didn't know what to say about all of this. She could just imagine the look on Taeyong's face if their groups happen to bump into each other. He would for them having to call him and his group sunbae. 

Lisa couldn't help but feel excited. She thought that Ten and the rest of s looked super cool. It made her even more interested in him. Soon enough it was announced that Ten would be joining a new program called Hit the Stage and she couldn't wait to see it. It had been so long since she last met him at the restaurant and she wanted to see him again. 

"He probably doesn't even remember me," Lisa said to herself as she started to frown. Since they would be debuting soon, YG didn't allow them to go outside unless they had on proper disguises. She wanted Ten to remember her so she decided that she would go see him on Hit the Stage. Celebrities and trainees were given free tickets so she was able to get one with ease. 

She saw the line outside CJ&EM studios and decided to get online. When she got up to the front the security guard asked for her ticket. Lisa checked her bag but she couldn't find it. "Miss you are holding up the line." He complained. 

"I'm sorry would you like to see my id instead?" She asked. He sighed as he watched her bring out her YG card. The security guard's eyes widened in amazement and before she could explain she was let inside. She followed a group of people who were heading the same place she was until she bumped into someone.  

The two locked eyes for three seconds. Lisa realized what was going on and she looked away. "Aren't you?" She started and before she could finish the boy put a finger on her lips to quiet her. He nodded and Lisa got excited for a bit. 

"Don't tell anyone I was here okay?" He begged. She wanted to talk with him more but he quickly left. She smiled and went to take her seat. Suddenly she heard the director yell. 

"Show starts in three, two, one!" Lisa heard music start to play and the audience started to get excited. They were starting the intro and the first person to appear was Ten and his crew Prepix. Like any fangirl would do, her first instinct was to scream. It was so loud that other fans looked at her while she hid her face in embarrassment. The next person to come out was Twice Momo. Lisa clapped but she didn't cheer for her. She was especially paying close attention to the way she danced. One time while showing their dance practice for Boombayah, Papa YG especially liked Jennie and Lisa's performance. 

He clapped for the two and gathered the rest of the group in a little circle. "Once you guys debut, there are many rivals you will have but there are main ones you should watch out for. As you know SM and JYP have most recently debuted new girl groups which are Red Velvet and Twice. They have been doing well in gaining everyone's attention. But to be specific there are certain members to watch out for. Jennie, your rivals are Joy and Nayeon. For Jisoo it's Irene and Tzuyu. Rosé's rivals are Wendy and Jihyo. While Lisa's are Momo and Seulgi. You might want to especially keep an eye on Momo. Something tells me a lot of people will try to compare the two of you." 

It was why Lisa paid so much attention to her. She was the mysterious rival that everyone kept telling her about. She could tell that Momo was a really good dancer. Lisa cheered for other dancers like Hoya and Bora. She got excited to see Yugyeom. He was the boy she bumped into earlier. She hoped that BamBam was there to help cheer him on. She watched in awe as huge sunbaes like Taemin and Hyoyeon had the stage for their own. "They are so legendary," Lisa said in amazement. 

After all the introductions it was time to kick off the competition. The theme was Devil and each contestant had to come up with a dance that reflected this theme. Lisa thought the dances were pretty cool. Her favorites were Ten's and Taemin's dances. Both dances were very good interpretations of the theme. Lisa believed that if she was in the show her ideas would not be nearly as good as theirs. The results came in and Taemin won with a lot of votes compared to other contestants. She felt bad for Ten but she believed that he proved why he was a part of the show.

Her heart started racing when she remembered her reason for coming. She hoped that there weren't any YG trainees to catch her. She quickly tried to head backstage but she bumped into a security guard. "And where do you think you are going?" He asked. 

Suddenly an arm was put around her, "Don't worry I invited her." The security guard cleared his throat and allowed the two to pass. Lisa almost died right then and there when she realized who it was. He was the reason that she wanted to become an idol and the reason she came to the show today. 

"Long time no see!" He said with a smirk. The two went to his dressing room so that they would have a little more privacy. There were a couple of stylists but they were in their world. Lisa had a huge smile plastered on her face the whole time. She had no idea what to say to him. Ten laughed at her nervousness and decided to start the conversation. 

"Are you still in...YG?" He asked carefully. Lisa's smile began to fade as she nodded. 

"Our debut was postponed because SM put forward your group so now we have to wait until August."She sighed. Ten frowned a little bit. 

"Well on SM's behalf I apologize. It would've been cool if we debuted around the same time. I would've been able to see that beautiful smile of yours almost every day." He said with a smirk. Lisa cursed in her head as she felt her cheeks get hot. Ten took notice of her cheeks turning red and pressed a hand on it. He slowly closed the gap between them and put his mouth close to her ear. 

"It's okay. You don't have to be nervous around me." He said. The poor girl wanted to explode at that point. Lisa slightly pushed him away and took a deep breath while Ten waited patiently for her to say something. 

"U-Um I remember you from that show in Thailand," Lisa confessed. Ten tilted his head a bit in confusion. 

"T-TNT," Lisa said trying hard not to laugh. It was no use as she was already crying with laughter. Meanwhile, poor Ten relived all of the memories of his dark past that he didn't want anyone to know about. He especially remembered his audition with his questionable fashion choice, his hair that had pink highlights and his just as questionable singing. He never told anyone but he was going through puberty at the time so his voice kept cracking. He looked down blushing while Lisa stopped laughing as she noticed the cute frown on his face. 

"I'm sorry. I didn't mean to bring back up something you didn't want to remember." She felt guilty. Ten took a deep breath and looked straight into her eyes and smirked. Lisa looked away nervously. 

"I'm impressed, you have a good memory." He said taking one step closer to her. Lisa gulped down nervously as she saw the stylists still minding their own business. 

"So what brought you here anyway?" He asked. Lisa didn't know whether or not to tell him the truth. Before she could say anything, the door opened dramatically and in came Got7 BamBam running inside with Yugyeom struggling to catch up to him. "Noona!" He yelled as he gave her a big hug. Both Ten and Yugyeom froze in shock. "She's Lalisa?" They both asked in unison. Bambam nodded while Lisa was confused. 

The four sat down in a circle. Yugyeom was still trying to process everything. BamBam would show him and the group pictures of the two as children all the time but she always looked like a tomboy. Seeing her now she completely transformed, her hair was a platinum blonde, she had a skinny waist and nice long legs. Her Southeast Asian features made her look exotic. Lisa noticed him staring and she smiled and gave him a tiny bow. His heart started to beat as if it were the first time that his heart was beating.

"Oh yeah, I'm sorry that you lost," BamBam said patting Ten on his back. Ten sighed but smiled at him. 

"It's fine, it is an honor being a part of the competition alongside Korea's best dancers. I am glad that Taemin sunbaenim won. He deserved it." He answered. 

"And besides, I have many chances of winning." He continued. 

"Not if I can help it." Yugyeom entered in. Lisa looked at Ten and Yugyeom back and forth as she felt some sort of weird tension in the air. They seemed friendly but something about the two of them was slightly off. 

"Oh yeah I know I am late, but congrats on your debut," Lisa said to Ten. He gave her a bright smile while she blushed. Lisa checked her watch and immediately stood up. 

"I'm going to have to go. I don't want to worry a certain someone." Lisa said getting her things together. 

"Jennie." Ten muttered rolling his eyes. BamBam and Yugyeom were confused as to why he said her name like that. He noticed them and sighed. "A few years ago when I first met Lisa, she hissed at me." He explained. The two boys looked at each other and started dying of laughter. This was the second time today that Ten felt humiliated. 

"Guys leave him alone. Jennie unnie was just being overprotective." Lisa added in. 

"Awww how cute, noona is sticking up for her boyfriend." Her childhood friend teased. Yugyeom suddenly stopped laughing and everything got awkward again. Lisa decided it was time to leave and she quietly greeted the boys goodbye. She finally arrived back at the dorm to see Jennie just sitting down, flicking through channels. Lisa was very nervous as she had no idea what would happen next. 

"Where were you?" She asked. Lisa couldn't tell her that she went to see Ten so she changed her story a little bit. "U-Um I went to see Hit the Stage because you know I like dancing and I happened to see BamBam and his fellow member Yugyeom." She said hoping Jennie would buy it. Jennie did not believe it but she wasn't in the mood to ask any more questions. 

"Dinner will be ready in a bit." Jennie said as she found her favorite show "My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic". Like a little kid, she got excited and started smiling. Lisa sighed in relief and went into her room. She dropped her bag on the floor but noticed a blue post-it fell out of it. She took it and quickly read it. 

Dear Lisa, 

         I enjoyed seeing that beautiful smile of yours today and I would like to know more about you. I hope you feel the same. If you are interested you will find my number at the back of this note. 

Lisa turned the note and indeed saw a number. She took her phone and entered in the contact information. She saved Ten as 'Romeo' with two hearts and a devilish emoji to represent his mischievousness. She took a deep breath and dialed the number. Within two rings he answered. 

"Hello?" 

"Hey"