Mortem

Still You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Heera opened her door slowly, "Hello? Ah, yes.." She heard her mom. Are they still here? She opened the front door abruptly, her mom turned to look at her, surprised.

"What are you doing with my phone?!" She marched across the living room.

"She's here, I understand" her mom said before she snatched her phone away from her. She glared at her mom who was still talking on another phone.

What were you doing on my phone? She opened her phone and saw Yoongi's contact profile open. Her mom ended the call and looked at her.

"YOU CALLED YOONGI?!" She shot her with her piercing eyes.

"Heera, why did you leave the hospital again? The hospital called" she calmly approached her.

"Don't change the subject, did you call Yoongi?" She tried to contain herself but it was obvious that she was pissed.

"Y-yes Heera, bu-but I-I mean-there was no answer, a-and the hospital suddenly called and you came in--"

"Why?" she calmly said with cold eyes.

"Why? W-what do you mean why?" Her mother had a hint of fear.

"Why did you call him, with my phone." She looked into her mother's eyes.

"H-heera, to stop you. To stop you from doing these things! To help you! He's the only person you listen to! And-and he's the reason why you're suffering." She held Heera's hand.

"Go." Her mom looked at her in confusion

"What do you mean-"

"Go! Go home! Go away. Don't bother me again." She pointed to the door.

"I-I'm sorry Heera, I just want you to live, there's still a chance." Her mom pleaded.

"I've decided from the beginning, and my decision will never change. Please go."

She sat down and buried her face in her hands. Haejin, who was almost used to these scenarios, hugged her.

"Noona, I down't undewstan, but pwease be happy, ok?" His mom pulled him away from Heera.

"Let's go Haejin, noona will be okay. She's just tired." Haejin went with her and left Heera alone.

 

Jungkook tossed around his bed, he couldn't sleep. He sighed. He went out of their room and went to the kitchen. I hope this helps. He drank a glass of milk. He quietly moved around the dorm, it was already late, everyone was asleep. He went to the living room to wait for his sleep to come, he sat on one of the sofas. He looked at Jin who was peacefully sleeping. Hyung you’re being too patient with Yoongi hyung. He smiled.

It took him 30 minutes to finally give up on sleeping. He stood up and stretched, Jin and Yoongi's door caught his attention. He wondered what was his hyung doing, He slowly turned its knob and to his surprise, it was unlocked. He opened the door and saw empty beds.

“Hyung?” He whispered.

He figured the man he was looking for was gone. I thought he locked up himself. Upon checking the time, It was already past 3 am. He went inside to make sure he wasn’t there. He the lights and silently approached Yoongi’s side of the room. He really wasn’t there.

He must be in the studio. Jungkook decided to see for himself.

It’s not that I’m interfering, I’m just worried for hyung. On his way out, he noticed the brown envelope that was sticking up within the pile of papers on Yoongi’s desk. He took a closer look, the envelope was printed with the Hospital’s name. So Hyung did go for check up. He took the envelope from the pile and opened it. It wasn’t like him to look into other people’s stuff. Just this time. He took out the x-ray results and a bunch of papers along with it. He looked at the x-ray film, It seemed like nothing’s wrong. He read the papers and the only words that he understood was ‘Hanahaki, Flower and Consultation’. The doctor’s handwriting was a pain to read and it didn’t help that what he read made no sense to him. Flower? He placed the envelope back on Yoongi’s desk at the exact same spot and left the room. He took his coat and headed to the studio.

 

“Hyung?” he knocked on Yoongi’s door. There was no answer.

“Hyung, I know you’re in there.” He turned the knob and peeked, and to his surprise, He wasn’t there. Where is he? Should I tell Jin hyung? No. He kept thinking of places where Yoongi might be at. He paced back and forth. What about the hospital? His train of thoughts stopped when he remembered the word hanahaki.

“Hanahaki” he took his phone out and searched for hanahaki. He opened the top search on naver:

 

[hanahaki byou(花吐き病)
A disease of the human system that cough up flowers due to severe one-sided love. Its infection route is through contact with vomited flowers. In order to fully recover the disease, the one’s love must be fulfilled. ]

 

Jungkook’s brows furrowed. Does this disease really exist? He looked further into other articles and it was all the same. He tilted his head sideways as he read another article:

 

[Hanahaki Byou:
The Hanahaki Disease is an illness born from one-sided love, where the patient throws up and coughs up flower petals when they suffer from one-sided love. The infection can be removed through surgery, but the feelings disappear along with the petals.]

 

He did not understood fully how the disease works but one thing was for sure. Yoongi has Hanahaki Disease.

Heera woke up to the knocking on her door, how many times has her sleep been interrupted by people outside her door? Her neck was stiff due to the uneven surface of the sofa, she sighed. She opened the door and saw Jungkook with a surprised expression, same as hers. This was the first time Jungkook came to her house. Alone. They weren’t really that close.

They stared at each other for a minute before Jungkook broke the silence, “Uhh, I see you’re still wearing that.” He gestured to her outfit.

Heera looked down and noticed she was still wearing the hospital gown. “Oh, Uh.. haha this is my pajama, haha” she awkwardly defended.

She noticed Jungkook kept looking behind her back “Uhm, do you want to come in?” she looked inside to see what he was looking for. “Ah, No.” he focused on her “Come with me.”

“What?”

“Come with

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter