Friends

Still You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Hmm" Yoongi smiled while listening to his accomplished song, proud that he was able to come up with something in such a short time.

He was satisfied. 

"Finally.." Yoongi took off his headphones and stretched out his arms, "Ahhh I'm tired" he folded his arms and tried to take a nap. 

"Hyung!" someone called.

"Hyuuung!" this guy is really persistent, he didn't move from where he was seated.

"HYUNG!!" Yoongi spun his office chair to see Hoseok peeking through his door. "WHAT?" Yoongi glared at him. 

"We'll go eat together, are you coming?" he asked.

"No" Yoongi turned his back from Hoseok and returned to continue his slumber.

"Okay, We'll go ahead" Hoseok closed the door, not bothering to persuade Yoongi further, It has always been like this whenever they are busy with work.

Just minutes after Hoseok disappeared, Yoongi stood up to wear his coat and went out of his room.

The members were about to go out in their coats and caps, "Oh! Are you coming hyung?" Namjoon noticed him.

"Yeah, I'm hungry." 

 

 

"Ahh.. Delicious!" the eldest said between slurping Jajangmyeon.

"It's been awhile since we ate here together" Taehyung smiled with his full mouth.

"Well..hyung do you have something already?" Namjoon asked Yoongi.

"Yeah, but I don't know if it'll fit our concept." Yoongi sighed "But I've made a couple of songs already"

"Judging by you, coming with us here, I'm pretty sure you're satisfied with that" Namjoon .

"Right! He has been diligent since our last comeback, It feels as if you're not having trouble with anything. I'm kinda jealous!" Hoseok laughed "Are things going well with.. you know.." he eyed Yoongi.

Everyone stopped to look at Yoongi, who wasn't bothered with their stares.

"How many times have I told you? We're just friends" Yoongi continued eating.

"I don't believe that!"

"That's impossible hyung!" his dongsaengs endlessly

"It's not impossible for you two, you're both untamed!" Jungkook exclaimed. Everyone cracked up with the maknae's comment.

"Jungkook is that how you see dating? To tame your partner?" Jin asked, dying of laughter.

Everybody was interrupted by Yoongi's coughing fit.

"Are you okay hyung?" Jimin patted his back.

"Hyung I think you should go see a doctor, that's been going on for like.. two months?" Namjoon asked. 

"Ya.. two months? You're exaggerating!" Yoongi emptied his glass "It's just from recording earlier" yoongi explained.

"Just take care of yourself hyung." namjoon said convinced.

 

 

Has it really been two months?

This wasn't just some ordinary cough, maybe something infectious? He perfectly knew this wasn't from recording or from yelling at the members either.

Yoongi felt something odd in his chest, He somehow felt the lining of his chest, if that was even possible.

Ahh I think I had too much lamb, yoongi thought.

"I'm so full!" Yoongi's thoughts were interrupted by Jin who walked beside him.

Jin looked at him "If you're worried about the fans worrying about you going to the hospital, you can always go unescorted to reduce the attention." Jin advised

"Aish, if you guys are that persistent.. then Fine, I'll go with Heera." Yoongi placed his hands inside his pockets.

"Yeah, I always wondered how you two can go out unnoticed, that's impossible for me" Jin laughed.

"I don't know how, she calls it 'blending'" Yoongi smiled from the thought.

"Well whatever that is, she needs to teach me" Jin chuckled.

 

 

 

"When are you free?"

"What? I can't hear you"

"I said, when are you free?" Yoongi raised his voice.

This girl, where in the world are you?

"Where are you? Why is it so loud in there?" Yoongi asked impatiently, tapping his pen on his desk.

"I'm sorry Yoongi! I really can't hear you! Hahaha! Call back later!"

Yoongi stared at his phone blankly, she ended the call.

 

~ping~

Yoongi opened the message

[Heera: I'm sorry, the kids are having a mini concert for our head's birthday! It's almost finished! You could've watched! Haejin rapped your part in 'I Need U!' ]

~ping~

Another message came in, it says nothing, it's a video clip of Haejin rapping his part in I Need U. 

 

Yoongi smiled at the kid trying to enunciate his rap. Haejin has a soft voice and still has trouble in pronouncing some words, he was Yoongi's favorite kid.

Heera is often surrounded with children, she works as a part timer in Day Care Centers for fun. She likes kids, though Yoongi wouldn't say she likes all of them, it doesn't seem right when he thinks of it. Yoongi laughed at the thought, he remembered her, arguing with a kid, saying the kid had no manners and needed to be disciplined, he laughed at the way she didn't hesitate to punish kids if they're being naughty.

Yoongi's thoughts were interrupted by his coughing fits. Again.

He emptied the bottle beside his desk and sighed "I really need to be checked".

As he was about to ring Heera's phone, she was already calling.

"Hello?" he answered.

"Woah! Your voice is deeper than usual, IS THIS THE FAMOUS SUGA OF BTS?" she teased

"When will you stop asking that EVERY. PHONE CALL.?" Yoongi asked, already annoyed, she only laughed at him, used to his reaction.

"Hey, when are you free?" Yoongi asked again.

"Why? Do you need some special escorting from me again? -- This saturday, I'm not that busy" she teased again.

"Yeah, me to the hospital" Yoongi replied sarcastically.

"Why do you need to go there? Is there something wrong with you?" her voice turned serious.

*COUGH**COUGH*

A series of coughing filled the call.

"That's why" Yoongi poined out.

"Ah, What did you do? You sound like a mad man!"

Yoongi stood from his chair and plopped down to his sofa. "Nothing, I think it's just the weather" Yoongi looked over the wall clock, It's still early to end the call.

"Ohhh, then let's go this saturday!" Yoongi felt that the call was about to end there, and he didn't want to, so he had to improvise.

"Is Haejin still there?" he asked.

"Oh Haejin? Yeah he's still here!" he heard Heera call over Haejin and instructed the kid to talk to him.

"Hewwo Yoongi.." the kid said through the phone which brought a smile to yoongi's face.

"Nooo, Haejin, Hyung. Yoongi hyung, say hyung!" he heard Heera on the background.

"Hewow Yoongi hyung!" the kid repeated.

"Haejinah, hyung misses you! Can't you come here? Hyung misses you alot!" Yoongi said through closed eyes, he wasn't sure If what he said was really for Haejin.

"Yoongi hyung, Fuwaiting!" his heart melted with the kid's reply, he was too cute.

"Yoongi, I need to go clean up the venue! See you on Saturday!" Heera notified.

"Yeah, see you" he replied timidly. "I miss you"

Yoongi was surprised, was that his thoughts or did he really said that? He silently waited for an answer, but there was none, he looked at his phone, he sighed of mixed relief and something else

"Oh, it ended." with that thought, he fell asleep.

 

"I miss you?" Heera was confused.

Was that directed to me or Haejin? Yoongi sounds really sick, he rarely says those kind of things. Maybe he needs some company, or someone to bother him while he's working. She laughed at the thought.

Heera helped the kids out of their costumes, sweeped the floor, removed party decors and fixed the chairs.

"Ahh this is so tiring" she massaged her back as she plopped on the corner of the room.

Looking at her watch "It's still early" she closed her eyes, and just before

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter