2. There

Art of Moving On
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

2. THERE

 

Lee Sungjong was leaning to the elevator’s wall as he played with his phone until the ding sound appeared – a cue for him to get out from the small iron box. He was then staring at the opened door in front of him with amusement – there are tons of boxes shattered and a somewhat ignorant apartment owner. “You know there are bad people in this world, right?” Sungjong yelled as he tried to get through the front door without trip on one of the boxes. “Like, I’m pretty sure you are smart enough to know that locking your house door is essential,” He continued to yell as he finally managed to get into the living room.

“Haera noona,” Sungjong shouted one more time with arm crossed on his chest before the said woman showed herself from inside the bedroom. “I heard you, how can I not heard your ridiculously loud voice, sneering at me?” Haera rolled her eyes. “Oh, how I’ve missed you, noona,” Sungjong grinned when he caught the glare the latter sent to him. “I know, and I’ve missed you too, so can you hand me your pretty little hands to arrange all these stuffs?” She grinned cheekily to the younger.

“Isn’t that what I am here for? Because you are too stingy to hire an interior designer? I thought your job is paying you well,” Sungjong scoffed. “Why should I hire one when I have you?” She raised her eyebrow. “You know that I don’t work for free, right? Like if you are good at something, never do it for free, and I’m the best, noona, the payment range for me is up there,” He said as he pointed up to the ceiling.

“And let’s talk about how you never contacted me that much,” Sungjong huffed as he moved around the room, taking a look of all the stuffs. “I’m sorry, I’ve been busy,” Haera sighed. “Yeah, I know, you are always busy anyway,” He replied as he suddenly stopped and picked up one of the frame from the box, which was apparently on the top of it – and for a second Sungjong wondered why, but it didn’t take long to figure out the reason.

“Have you, uh, by any chance met Myungsoo hyung?” He muttered afterwards, but then all he got was silence. “So you did meet him,” Sungjong’s lips curled up into a tiny smile. “My father made him my new project partner,” She replied stoically. “Probably they could see how you two need a little push,” Sungjong said as he handed Haera the frame, which consisted of the picture of both of her and Myungsoo.

“The picture is very beautiful, I’m not surprise that you keep them, I would keep them if I were you too, noona,” Sungjong added as he started to unpack some of the decorations from the other boxes. “Neither of us need a push, Sungjong, we are over, and maybe everyone should get a grip on that,” Haera replied. “Everyone including you and hyung?” He raised his eyebrow in opposition. “Everyone including you and my parents,” Haera glared to the younger as she handed back the frame. “What do you want me to do with it though?” Sungjong said as he waved the frame.

“Yah, I hire you to do some decorating, not to mess with my stuff,” She frowned at the sight of Sungjong playing with the frame. “I think it will be pretty good hanging on the living room, what do you have to say about that?” Sungjong raised his eyebrow. “Just put it inside my room, don’t hang it or whatever,” She sighed at the end. “Whatever it is then,” Sungjong smirked. “Don’t you dare, Sungjong,” She glared at the latter, who was smiling mischievously to her. “Hey, you hire me, noona, everything I will do to this apartment is going to be fantastic,” Sungjong snapped.

“By the way, I’m meeting the hyungs after this, do you want me to forward your greetings to them?” Sungjong raised his eyebrow and grinned. “No,” Haera snapped. “I rather meet them and greet them by myself,” She continued with a slight smile. “Wrong, because you know Myungsoo hyung would be there,” Sungjong stated. “Wrong, why are you always so nosy, Sungjong?” She glared at the latter. “Because, noona, tell me if I’m lying but I can’t even stand it any longer the fact that both of you are trying so hard to put on an act like you were both better off without each other,” He said.

“Maybe one day you both will tell us the real reason why, and so everyone would understand because nobody is right now,”

 

---

 

The night was colder than any other night before – Myungsoo saw that coming though, winter was coming fast after all – he then tighten his hold on the coat as he entered his apartment. He threw his body to the couch and groaned slightly, he was tired after meeting his friends earlier. He leaned his head on the soft surface when he realized that his apartment was actually messier than he thought it would be. Myungsoo traveled a lot for the past three years, some are job’s demands but most of it was just him wanting to see new places. He then

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter