5. World

Art of Moving On
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

5. WORLD

 

Kim Myungsoo couldn’t help but stayed up all night just to think about how he actually still enjoy her presence, especially after they bid their goodbye earlier and left him somehow with the emptiness that disturbed him more than he expected. Oh, he does expect her to affect him in some certain of ways, but he has moved on, and feeling like he needed her presence – even only the slightest of it – would just prove that he has been lying to himself the whole time. That’s exactly explained why he looked like a complete wreck the following morning.

“You look like you could use some nap, and by some I mean most probably for a very long time,” Sungyeol sneered at him when they met at the hallway. “Things not going well with Haera? Park Chanyeol is actually making a move?”. Sungyeol just knows how to push people’s button, but Myungsoo ignored him anyway by giving a death glare to the latter.

“Oh, and you are scheduled to have a meeting with him and Haera at ten o’clock, your assistant gave me a note,” Sungyeol smirked when the younger male turned his body around and scoffed.

“I’m just kidding, I told your assistant that I just have to be the person who got to tell you that,” Sungyeol continued before he burst into laugh. “Goddammit,” Myungsoo said as he left Sungyeol at the hallway – still trying to muffle his laughter. “It’s your chance though, show him that nobody beats the Kim Myungsoo, even with his long legs and architecture degree,” Sungyeol gave a tap to Myungsoo’s shoulder as he grinned widely.

“You really need to stop being a five years old kid, hyung,” Myungsoo gritted his teeth as he emphasized the last word.

“Hey, I’m just giving you some encouraging words, don’t be so bitter, now, shoo, kill that meeting,” Sungyeol pushed Myungsoo’s to the elevator’s direction before he waved his hand and raised his knuckle when Myungsoo actually got in.

“Fighting,”. Sungyeol’s voice was completely gone when the iron box closed as Myungsoo leaned to the side – it was a tiring, sleepless night, and the least he need is to face Kwon Haera so early in the morning and not to mention, Park Chanyeol.

Myungsoo can’t really admit it, the fact that Chanyeol seems like a very great opponent, to whatever it is he feels for Haera, or once again, to whatever left between them. And also, the fact that if Haera no longer chose him in the future, it would be happening in front of his eyes – he didn’t know that he would be very resentful about that until then.

He was right in front of the meeting room where he saw his assistant waiting for him as the latter handed him the file before Myungsoo got into the room and found that the other two has already arrived.

“Kim Myungsoo-ssi, it is a pleasure to officially meeting you,”. It was Park Chanyeol who noticed him first and bowed to him as he gave Myungsoo a huge smile – and despite his lanky appearance, Park Chanyeol has a very deep and charming voice, Myungsoo just have to admit that.

“Uh, Park Chanyeol, right? It is a pleasure to be able to work with you, shall we start?” Myungsoo signaled the taller male to come back to his seat before as he noticed Haera’s slight smirk – it’s like she knew how he didn’t really meant it.

“So, tell me about yourself, first thing first, I don’t know you yet, and we can’t start this meeting before we knew each other,” Myungsoo said stoically.

“Right, Sir, my name is Park Chanyeol, I have a degree in –,”. “By knowing each other, I mean something I couldn’t find in your resume, Chanyeol-ssi, like what is your motive by joining this Jeju project?”. Myungsoo winced a little bit at how Haera kicked his leg under the table and shot him a threatening smile, while Chanyeol was looking more troubled than ever.

“I will repeat the question, why did you decide to join this, my team?” Myungsoo asked.

“Uh, I think this is a great opportunity to start somewhere and because I am still basically a rookie around here, that’s why a project inside the country is more suitable for a starter and –,” Chanyeol paused for a second. “I think I could learn so much under your supervision, Myungsoo-ssi, I adore your works,”. Chanyeol smiled again, and Myungsoo felt slightly intimidated by that, because the latter does really reminds him of a puppy, and he is more like a cat person.

“Like, the things you did in Bangkok, right then I just know I have to work with you somehow,” Chanyeol’s smile widen rapidly, like he truly admired Myungsoo’s works, which made Myungsoo a little bit guilty about cursing him on his head without a strong reasoning.

“You graduated from MIT?” Myungsoo faked a cough as he, also pretended to look up into Chanyeol’s resume file.

“Yes, with Architectural degree, two years ago,”. Chanyeol didn’t stop grinning and it came out almost too natural for him to smile like that.

“My last architect is that great, so the bar is up here, Chanyeol-ssi,” Myungsoo raised his arm a little above his head, which was responded by a nod from the latter. “I understand that, Sir, I will do my best to fulfill what you and Miss Kwon need,” Chanyeol turned his attention to the lady across the table, which Myungsoo almost forgot was there.

Myungsoo gritted his teeth vaguely, it was supposed to be a polite statement but he couldn’t help it to think that there was some hidden, ambiguous message behind it – and he knows it himself that he needed to stop assuming bad things about his new architect.

“Great, we will see you on the next meeting on –,”. “Tomorrow,” Myungsoo filled in when Haera threw a glance at him. “Tomorrow, marvelous, I can’t wait to work with you, Chanyeol,” Haera offered her hand for the latter to shak

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter