4. A

Art of Moving On
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

4. A

 

Lee Sungyeol rolled his eyes when the younger male was looking at him like a clueless puppy – he was a little bit surprised that Myungsoo didn’t know anything about the man he was peering at earlier. “Park Chanyeol,” Myungsoo repeated. “Nope, doesn’t ring a bell, at all,” He continued as he went back staring at the tall guy. “Okay, but can you stop creepily staring at him, you might make a hole on his face at this point,” Sungyeol sneered. “I only looked at him for like five seconds, and I’m not staring, I’m only observing,” Myungsoo said in his defense. “Boy, you were gawking at him like he was some kind of you prey,” Sungyeol snapped.

“Point is, how could I not know him if that Park Chanyeol is really our architect?” Myungsoo raised his eyebrow as he turned back his attention to Sungyeol. “Park Chanyeol is really your new architect for the Jeju project,” Woohyun suddenly joined the conversation as he put a file holder at the table. “We just signed the agreement contract with his firm,” Woohyun added. “You should know him by the way, he is the son of your father’s friend, one of the reasons why he was hired, adding new experience to his resume, I reckon,” Woohyun smirked.

“So, he’s an amateur,” Myungsoo raised his eyebrow in annoyance. “Hard to say, he graduated from MIT after all, which happened to be one of the best architecture school, not a valedictorian though I must say, but quite brilliant, he has worked at his father’s firm for two years now,” Woohyun explained. “It is all on his resume, really,” Woohyun added as he took a sip of his coffee. “Well I demand a copy of it,” Myungsoo replied. “Consider it done,” Woohyun said as he handed Myungsoo a file. “I know you would be asking for it,” Woohyun grinned.

“Because I don’t want some kids to be wrenching my project?” Myungsoo said as he scanned the paper on his hand. “Because you wanted to know what kind of rival he would be,” Woohyun smirked as he raised his cup and tossed it with Sungyeol’s but Myungsoo was just scoffing at the answer. “I’m not considering him as my rival,” Myungsoo said. “Oh, you should,” Sungyeol replied. “Young, handsome, round puppy eyes,” Sungyeol added with a smirk. “Smart, I may add, and he’s an architect, Myungsoo, come on, that’s some plus point,” Woohyun playfully smacked the younger’s arm.

“He is not Haera’s type of guy anyway,” Myungsoo muttered under his breath. “I never said that he will be your love rival but whatever suits you,” Woohyun said. “You were obviously referring to Kwon Haera, and my relationship with her, or whatever is left between us, don’t give me that shocked look,” Myungsoo frowned. “Well if you are going to do something with whatever that left between you two then do it fast because Park Chanyeol will be a huge obstacle, did you see that long legs, he could strangle you with those,” Sungyeol replied.

“How did you even become so sure that he was into Haera?” Myungsoo sighed. “You know too little, Myungsoo, and care too less,” Woohyun shook his head in compassion. “Besides, do you want to bet on –,”. “Myungsoo-ah,”. A feminine voice interrupted Woohyun from finishing his sentence, but Myungsoo knew the voice a little too well actually, that he immediately turned his eyed to the owner. “Song Sejeong-ssi, you are here,” Myungsoo said with a smile that will never reach his eyes, and Sungyeol wanted to laugh whenever Myungsoo used that tone like he was actually excited about something.

“Yeah, I brought you lunch,” Sejeong proudly flashed the bag she was holding. “Really? Thank you, but actually I ate already, I’m really sorry,” Myungsoo smiled bitterly at the latter, who was pouting. “Uh, I’m sure that you could have a little side dishes,” She insisted while opening her bag just to pouted more. “Turned out I brought the wrong bag,” She muttered in annoyance as she stomped her feet. “Oh, it’s okay, accident happens sometimes, it’s really okay, really,” Myungsoo smiled again. “Oh, but I wanted to have lunch with you, I come a long way from my office building,” She frowned.

“You know, Myungsoo could take you out for a lunch, right?” Sungyeol grinned hugely at Myungsoo who was giving him a death glare and silence threat. “You can?” Sejeong suddenly beamed in happiness. “Uh, I actually have some works to finish –,”. “Shush, you Myungsoo, you don’t have a thing to do,” Sungyeol snapped as he smirked evilly. “Well, I guess I could take you out for a lunch then, shall we?” Myungsoo suddenly stood up as he gave his friends one last glare before he escorted the lady out from the cafeteria.

“That’s just pure , right there,” Woohyun smirked at the latter. “No, pure is acting like Park Chanyeol didn’t specifically ask the director to put him on the Jeju project,” Sungyeol replied. “I wonder why did he do that particularly,” Sungyeol added with a suggestive smile. “Where – forget it, I didn’t even want to know where did you get that kind of idea,” Woohyun scoffed. “Where’s the lie though?” Sungyeol said.  

“Besides, this one is for the fact that he didn’t tell me about his marriage,” Sungyeol shrugged. “You are so petty, Sungyeol,” Woohyun laughed. “I have a reason, what’s yours?” Sungyeol raised his eyebrow. “I wanted to know on what level Myungsoo’s ignorance is and it turned out pretty high,” Woohyun said with a bitter smile.

“Cut him some slack, by the way, Sungyeol, talking about his marriage wasn’t actually his thing, you know, he got so depressed that for the longest time since I know him, his marriage was the reason I saw him cried for the first time,”. 

 

---

 

In the midst of the coldest nights of the year, Haera decided to

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter