1. If

Art of Moving On
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

1. IF

 

Kim Myungsoo was running quite frantically on the airport lobby as if he was chased by someone – he technically was though – when he heard his phone rang once again and his co-worker’s name flashed on the screen. “I just landed,” Myungsoo groaned slightly when he got into the car that has been arranged to pick him up. “Sir,” His chauffeur slightly bowed at him. “The director has requested to see you shortly so I will drive you straight to the company building, will that be okay?” The middle-aged man was looking at him through the rear-view mirror. “The real question is, will it be okay if I don’t go there though, so do as you has been requested to do, Mr. Han,” Myungsoo smiled slightly before the latter smiled back at him and started to move the engine.

Myungsoo just got home from Singapore after spending almost two weeks there, managing the newest hotel project before his father called him to come home because he has something important to be discussed. It was a rare event – they would usually talk after Myungsoo finished his work, so whatever it was about, it certainly something significant. It took nearly an hour before Myungsoo reached the huge building at downtown, as he immediately went up to his floor. “You are here, finally,” Lee Sungyeol exhaled in relief when he saw the sight of his best friend. “So what? Have you decided to throw away your phone or something that you can’t answer my call?” Sungyeol continued to rant. “I did read that you wanted to see me before I went up to see my dad,” Myungsoo snapped. “What’s going on?”.

“Listen, I don’t know honestly but I’ve been pulled out from the Jeju project, just saying,” Sungyeol said. “So, we are like, no longer partner, ah, my prayers have finally come true after all,” Myungsoo sneered. “They are assigning someone new,” Sungyeol snapped and smirked in victory. “Describe new,” Myungsoo raised his eyebrow. “How do I suppose to know? That’s your father up there on the director’s seat, not mine,” Sungyeol shrugged. “You are a terrible kind of friend, Sungyeol,” Myungsoo rolled his eyes before he went inside his room to pick up the files for the Jeju project in case it was needed.

“That’s a Sungyeol hyung for you,” Sungyeol said as soon as Myungsoo got out from his room. “You might be the president’s son, but I’m always going to be older than you,” Sungyeol added with a smug smirk and caused Myungsoo to threw a glare. “Good luck,” Sungyeol added with a more genuine smile afterward. “Yeah, sure, ex-partner,” Myungsoo replied with another smirk before he went inside the elevator and pressed the highest level of the building.

He pushed the glass door slightly as soon as he arrived and went straight to the meeting room where his father was with a slight hesitation when he heard no sound coming out from the room. He then entered the room and made a slight screeching noise before he saw three people were inside and that’s when he froze. “Myungsoo,” His father called out his name but he didn’t even sure whether he heard it correctly or not.

Because it was always been like that, like every time he saw her, standing so stunningly in the middle of the room, he would always went silence and ended up looking like a complete idiot because he doesn’t know exactly what to do. But she was there, staring at him as if she was waiting for him to do something while he was just stuck being clueless about what to say that doesn’t embarrass himself.

“Dad, can I talk with you personally for a minute?” Myungsoo suddenly said as he pointed his thumb to the door. “Sure, sure,” His father was chuckling before the man followed him outside. “Why did you pull out Sungyeol from the Jeju project? You know I work the best with him,” Myungsoo slightly frowned at his own statement. “Are you sure you don’t want to ask why Kwon Haera is standing right there in the middle of the room? Because you look like you are dying to know,” His father smiled teasingly. “Dad, please,”.

“She’s good – no, great actually, and you know it, did you look at what she did at our Japan extension company? And she did it while finishing her master degree, which I’m sure you know because you stalked her like every single day, right?” His father laughed which caused Myungsoo’ eyes to widen in shock. “That’s not what I do, for your information, and we have so many project but did you just have to put her at the same project as mine?” Myungsoo groaned. “Well, in case you forget, it’s not only my decision to make, the other man on the room is her father and he is my partner and the co-founder of this company. Myungsoo, I sent you to Singapore not to come home suffering amnesia,” His father replied.

“We came up to the conclusion that since it was her brand comeback to our main company, you would be the best person to guide her,” His father added. “How am I the best person, she is freaking my ex –,”. “What did we talk about this, Myungsoo, stop using that word and term, you were not a teenager any longer, so grow up and do some work instead,” His father stated. “Did she agree to this?” Myungsoo said. “Will it cheer you up if I say she did?” His father replied. “It will,” He said. “Then let’s just say she did,” The older man nodded his head.

“She was just as clueless as I am about her partner on this project and her father is trying to convince her right now that she is a grown up lady and she need to work with me,” Myungsoo snapped with a victorious smirk. “I always know you are a smart boy,” His father grinned back to him before they entered the room once again and welcomed by the huge smile from the other older man. “So, you guys ready to work together?”.

 

---

 

It was always been like that, both of their parents came up with the idea of establishing a hospitality development company a long time ago and it ended up becoming a reality, so after years of works, it has become one of the top companies in South Korea. It wasn’t surprising if they were always being paired by

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter