No Interruptions

The new Tenant

 

Hyuna sat on her bed, staring out into the empty space. Her room was not brightly lit although it was morning as her drapes were down. Tears are now streaming down her cheeks. She was disappointed and also felt cheated. She felt that Junhyung should have told her that he was in a relationship even if she did not ask. You know, just to make things clear between them. She held her knees up to her chest, rocking back and forth.

Suddenly there was a knock on her door and the door opened. Junhyung’s head popped in, looking around the room for Hyuna. He moved into the room a little more when he saw her on the bed. Hyuna quickly wiped her tears and smiled.

“Hey Hyuna. You’re ok?”

“Yeah. Why wouldn’t I be?” Hyuna said, forcing out a smile.

He just smiled. “Well, Euri and I want to eat some ice cream at the nearby park. Do you want to join us?” He said cheerfully.

Join you? Are you serious? To be what? Your lamp post??

“Erm.. it’s okay. I wouldn’t want to interrupt.”

“Oh come on.. It will be fun if you join us and you and Euri get to know more about each other! Besides, you know what they say. The more the merrier.” Junhyung sounded sincere and really wanted Hyuna to join them.

Hyuna sighed and smiled. “Okay then. I’ll be downstairs in a minute.”

Junhyung nodded enthusiastically and closed her door.

Hyuna composed herself and wiped away the remaining tears in her eyes. She walked down the stairs and heard Junhyung and Euri laughing in the living room. She peeped into the living room to see Euri sitting extremely close to Junhyung.

“Are eating well? It’s been weeks since I last see you! I miss you.” Euri said, linking arms with Junhyung.

“Of course. You missed me? Then why didn’t you visited me earlier?”

“Well from the phone calls, I can quite tell that you’re busy oppa. I wouldn’t want to disturb you right?” Euri smiled sweetly and Junhyung playfully pinched her cheeks.

Seeing that scene infront of her made Hyuna wished that was her instead. Junhyung turned to Hyuna’s direction.

“Oh! Hyuna-yah. Ready to go?” Junhyung smiled.

Hyuna nodded and the three of them walked to the nearby park.

The three of them sit at a table of three and Junhyung took their orders. As Junhyung went to buy their ice creams, Euri spoke to Hyuna.

“Hyuna-ssi, are you the same age as Junhyung?”

“Er nope. I’m one year younger than him.” Hyuna smiled.

“Oh! Then I shall call you Hyuna unnie! I’m 4 years younger than Junhyung.”

What? 4 years apart?? His girlfriend is a lot younger than him!

“You know unnie, Junhyung talks a lot about you whenever I called him. Sometimes I get very jealous you know! I’m scared I might be replaced by you.” Euri chuckled.

Hyuna raised her eyebrows. He talked about me to his girlfriend?

“That will never happen Euri. I’m sure Junhyung will never leave you.”

“Yeah. But technically, he already did, since he moved out of our house.” They lived together???

“So now a-are you living alone?” Hyuna asked, her eyes wide with bewilderment.

Euri laughed. “Live alone? Nah. I’m still living with my parents.” Euri smiled.

Hyuna gets even more shocked. “Y-you mean before he move out, J-junhyung lived with you and your parents?!” Hyuna accidentally raised her voice a little. What are these two? A married couple??

Euri looked at her in confusion. “Hyuna unnie, Junhyung is my oppa. We have the same parents! You do know that I’m his sister right?”

Hyuna’s eyes got wider. And now was hanging open. Euri snapped her fingers infront of Hyuna’s eyes. “Unnie, are you okay?”

Just then, Junhyung came back with their ice creams. Hyuna snapped out from her daze. Seeing Hyuna’s face, Junhyung asked, “Hyuna, you ok? Yah Euri-ah! What did you do?”

Euri shook her head frantically. “I think Hyuna unnie was shocked that we have the same parents oppa. Ohh!! Hyuna unnie must have thought I was your girlfriend!” Euri turned to the now blushing Hyuna.

Junhyung just smiled to Hyuna. Euri continued talking. “Oppa! How can you forget to tell Hyuna about your cute, lovely sister!”

Junhyung scratched the back of his neck. “Oh er..  I think I missed that out.”

“Miss it out? When you were telling me about Hyuna unnie on the phone, you never seem to miss ANYTHING out.” Euri made sure to emphasize on the word ‘anything’.

Junhyung’s eyes widened and shoved a spoonful of ice cream into Euri’s mouth. Euri frowned and mumbled through the ice cream.

“Eat. Your ice cream is melting.” Junhyung said simply and looked down to his ice cream.

Hyuna just smiled and continue eating.

After eating, the three of them stroll at the park.

“Euri-ah, go play at the playground for awhile.” Junhyung said, pointing to the playground infront of them.

“Yah! I’m not a kid anymore! I’m already in highschool you know.” Euri said, sulking.

Hyuna chuckled. “Then go and buy magazines or anything you want at the push-cart over there.”Junhyung said, giving Euri some dollar bills. Euri wanted to protest more but smiled widely when Junhyung gave her money. She skipped happily to the push-cart, leaving Hyuna and Junhyung alone.

After a moment of silence, Junhyung said, “Erm.. do you want to sit there?” He said while pointing to a nearby bench. Hyuna just nodded and both of them started walking towards the bench.

They sat quite close to each other, their knees almost touching. Finally Hyuna spoke. “So, did you say anything bad about me to Euri?” Hyuna said and laughed.

Junhyung laughed. “Bad? Nah. I couldn’t find anything bad about you. Well, except that you can’t tell that Euri was my sister.” Junhyung smiled. Hyuna punched his arm playfully.

After they stopped laughing, Junhyung asked, “Is that why you cried? Because you thought that I had a girlfriend?” Junhyung looked at her.

Hyuna’s eyes widened. Damn. How did he know I cried? Did he see me crying in my room just now? Suddenly she felt Junhyung’s hand on hers. He held her hand and Hyuna turned to look at him. He was looking deeply into her eyes.

“Hyuna, I.. I like you.” Junhyung gulped. He seemed nervous but his eyes never leave Hyuna’s eyes. “Do you…. Like me too?” He raised his eyebrows slightly.

Hyuna was shocked. Extremely shocked. She did not see this coming. Okay so now what I’m supposed to say? What do I say?? Say you like him too Hyuna! Say it!

Hyuna just stared at Junhyung in silence. “Hyuna-yah. My heart is beating very very fast right now. Can you like, say something?” Junhyung asked.

Hyuna chuckled a bit. Finally she spoke. “I……”

“Junhyung oppa! I’m short of $6! Can you give me more money?” Euri shouted. Both of them looked away and Hyuna pulled back her hand to her lap. Junhyung grunted and face Euri that was now standing infront of him. He irritatingly took out his wallet and passed it to Euri.

“Here here go take my whole wallet! Now go go!’ Junhyung said, shooing Euri away.

As Euri walked away, Junhyung lifted his hand to face the skies. Suddenly he felt Hyuna kissed his cheek. Surprised, Junhyung turned to Hyuna.

“That’s my answer.” Hyuna said, smiling shyly.

Junhyung smiled widely. So wide that Hyuna thought his mouth might tear apart. He grinned like an idiot while looking around him happily. Then he exhaled and looked at Hyuna. “Erm.. I think you answer wasn’t that clear.”

Hyuna gaped at him in disbelief and turned her head away from him, pretending to sulk.

Junhyung chuckled and turned Hyuna’s head gently to face him with his right hand on her cheek. Without hesitating, Junhyung leaned in and kissed her deeply with his hand cupping her cheek and the other holding her hand. Hyuna was shocked at first but then kissed him back, closing her eyes. He pulled away for a moment and smiled. “Finally. No interruptions.”

Hyuna smiled and Junhyung leaned in for another passionate kiss. Hyuna wrapped her arms around his neck to move closer to him. Euri saw the scene from far and simply smiled.

 



 

so thats the end of this two shot! hehe! i really hope all of you like it. i can totally imagine Junah in this story. :DD comments are loved! <3

ps: DID YOU GUYS WATCH SBS GAYO DAEJUN?? JUNHYUNG LOOK EXTREMELY HOTT!! :DD