Chapter 11

Covert
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Covert Chapter 11

 

Sungjae’s POV
 

“Ma’am I wanted to meet you today because I have some questions regarding SoHyun.” I said to SoHyun’s mother or was it So Yoon’s mother? Shaking off the thought, I gave a reassuring grin towards the woman. She took a sip of the hot tea and I could sense her refined aura, but something was hidden underneath.

 

“Who is Park SoYoon?” The cup of tea fell from her fingertips and crashed onto the table with the hot water spilling from the edges. SoHyun’s mother pushed her chair away from and bent down to clean it up. A cafe employee rushed over with a towel, soaking up the hot liquid. In fear of her getting hurt, I carefully pushed her hands away from the sharp shards of broken glass. 

 

“Are you alright?” I asked, wondering if the hot water spilled onto her. SoHyun’s mother shook her head sternly and delved right back into the conversation. She seemed far more concerned with the topic at hand than her reddened hands. I handed her a napkin and she wiped the tea off her expensive rings. 

 

“Where did you hear that name?” 

 

“SungHoon told me.” I answered truthfully to her. She lowered her head, rubbing her hands together in apology. 

 

“I’m so sorry. It is my entire fault she turned out like that. I’m so sorry. I didn’t raise her to be an adulterer. Please don't blame her, blame me.” Her words were like an explosion, blasting me away and leaving my ears ringing. Every cell in my body froze, which was my usual reactions to any nukes being thrown in my direction. I had to convince myself that this was in my head and not an actual explosion. I regained my sense of reality to look up at SoHyun’s mother. Her posture of repentance was embedded in her, as her initial reaction was to not explain, but apologize. From my years of working at the SVU, I realized the implications of her behavior. 

 

“These are the photos of SoHyun, whose real name is Park SoYoon.” I announced to the group as HyunWoo and the rest of her teammates gasped at the photographs on the screen. Pictures of SoHyun’s injuries filled the screen. The blood smears, stab wound, and black and purple bruises appalled us all. The remote control that was in HyunWoo’s hand fell from his grasp, landing on the carpeted floor with a dull thud.

 

“That’s SoHyun?” SeoWoo asked in disbelief, as her eyes were fixated on the screen.

 

“The photographs were dated March 9th, 2019. Do you guys remember anything about that week in particular?”

 

“I remember she was gone for a whole week. She said she was in the middle of moving and then her appendix ruptured. So her biological father ordered a hit on his own daughter?” MinHyuk was appalled at what he was seeing. All I could do was nod as I related to their shock. HyeJung abruptly stood up from her seat, catching our collective attention.

 

“Guys look at her injuries. She was bound with rope, stabbed, and beaten with a blunt object. We’ve seen these injuries many times before. This is gang related.”

 

“Her father hired gangsters to perform a hit on her rather than an actual mercenary. Why would an affluent man associate with gangsters?” MinHyuk asked, causing myself to wonder the same.

 

“You’re right. Just like how that politician was killed by gang members, why would these rich men associate themselves with lowly and rough mobs to do their dirty work? Gang members are messy and chaotic while mercenaries are precise and efficient,” I stated as I thought out loud to share the process with the others in the room. “Unless there is a definite connection between those men and Jung IlHoon’s gang.”

 

“To help, this is what I compiled about SoHyun, no SoYoon and her family. Her biological father is Park JoonMo. He’s employed by SanYang Pharmaceuticals as a head researcher. He is in charge of conducting clinical trials for new medicines. His entire family are doctors, so he grew up wealthy and able. SoYoon’s parents are both loaded. Her mother is the sole heiress to an international company in Australia. Aside from that there was also a history of domestic violence. The amount o

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter