part 3

trainee

 

you and the girls had been practicing for hours, getting the formations perfect and making sure everyone was in time with one another. 
it definitely wasn't perfect yet, you still had three more verses to learn and people still weren't hitting the steps at the same time. 
you liked the song choice and you were super excited to get into vocal studio to practice and get all the lyrics right, but
you were struggling with the dance, and you didn't even wanna attempt to dance it while singing the song, you found the simple steps you had difficult without having to worry about getting the lyrics right. 

after practice finished, everyone grabbed their water bottles and waddled back their dorms with shaky legs and sweaty faces. 
you stayed. 
you wanted to keep practicing as you were becoming worried you wouldn't be able to learn it in time. 
you didn't check if it would be okay to stay, but you guessed it should be fine as it was 
nearly one am, and most people would be sleeping and the dance studio wouldn't need any use. 
you the song, it was quiet but just loud enough for you to hear.
you rushed to were you would need to be stood, holding an imaginary microphone and following the steps you had learned earlier. 

you kept messing it up, tripping over your feet and missing the important steps. 
The song was faster than you would prefer it to be, and there was many bends and leaps that you just couldn't do. 

you restarted the music and tried to go a little slower, but it didn't work because you just lost your timing and became too slow, falling behind the music. 
with a deep, annoyed breath you switched off the music and decided to try it without the music, so you could take your time getting the steps right. 

you counted to yourself, "one, two, three, four" with each step, and bent over to flip your hair over, and then repeated it again, and again and again. 
it still didn't look as good as you had hoped, your body looked stiff and you were still tripping over your feet, taking off your shoes clearly didn't help with that problem. 

"you know, you should really pull your shoulders back more" a voice said loudly from the door. 

your head snapped and when you caught a figure in the door you screamed and tripped over your feet, you tried to save yourself from falling, but it was no help, your feet were travelling backwards for about five steps before you fell and landed flat on your . 

before you even had time to get up and compose yourself, the body from the door came rushing towards you, their hands grabbing your shoulders and pulling you so you were sitting. 

your cheeks had already turned a bright peach colour, and your hands shaking with embarrassment. 

"are you okay? i didn't mean to scare you" they said, it was a deep voice, which added to the embarrassment. 
 it was a male and not one of your female friends that you could laugh this off with. 

"yeah im f-fine" you blurted out, trying to avoid eye contact with the male who had just witnessed you fall. 
it was hard to avoid his stare as his hand wrapped about your waist and you finally took a glance at his face. 

that's when your heart did stop. in that moment you considered running for the hills and never looking back. 

it was cha hakyeon, leader of the very successful idol group vixx, he was a company senior of yours but you had never got the chance to meet him yet, you wished this was not how you met him. 

"im sorry, i didn't know you'd be needing the room i-i can leave" you stuttered, your eyes scanning his face before your gaze moved towards the ground. you hadn't even noticed that his arm was still wrapped around your waist and he had helped you find your way to your feet. 

he chucked, his face so close to yours that his warm minty breath fanned your face, and he let go of your waist with a squeeze. 
"no really, it's okay" he shook his head, stepping away from you as he took a glance in the mirror. "your liv right?" 

if the butterflies in your stomach weren't already making you want to throw up, this topped it all off. your knees going weak and your heart plummeting to your stomach. 
maybe because you were dying of embarrassment, or maybe because you were a little shocked to be stood a meter away from such a famous celebrity. 

"how do you know who i am?" you blurted out, not thinking about how rude it sounded. 

he placed his finger on his chin and popped out his hip a little. "i know most of the trainees, i work with your manager and sunny a lot to help them out" he explained, trying to laugh away the awkward tension away from the room. "and plus, jangmi told me all about your beautiful voice" 

jangmi was the trainees vocal coach, and the fact she had been boasting about your singing abilities to a senior was making you very headstrong. 

"oh, anyway, i can leave now" you gave him a small, awkward smile before turning your back and going to grab your hoodie and water. 

"i can help you if you like" he broke the silence, and you turned to look at him again.
you took in his appearance; he was wearing black sweatpants and a long sleeved white tshirt, his brown hair falling onto his forehead perfectly and his skin so clear. "with your routine, i actually helped sunny with the choreography"

you hesitated, of course you wanted to accept his help, but the words of 'you'll just embarrass yourself' and 'he's the best dancer at jellyfish, he'll laugh' ran through 
your mind. 
"no really, you must be very busy" 

he chuckled again, and shrugged. "liv, your close to getting all the steps for that verse correct, i was watching, i can help you get them perfect" he said, taking a few steps closer to you and battering this thick lashes. 

"i can't dance"

"maybe you can't, but that won't stop you from being able to try, and it won't stop me from helping"