The Fourth Week of October

Just For Myself

24/10/16 – Monday

Mondays have always been terrible to me but these days I looked forward to Mondays, simply because I got to meet up with Wonshik. We’ve been messaging each other a lot over the weekends. I can only wonder if he finds it comforting like I do. When I say ‘comforting’, I mean it’s nice to just have someone close to you. Someone you know has the same interests as you and someone you find easy to talk to about almost anything.

(Literally, anything. The man once asked me if I have ever tried ing while I was at a family dinner, to which I resorted by hiding my phone immediately. God, if any of them saw that message, they’d have my head, followed by Wonshik’s for corrupting my “innocent little mind”).

I’ve only known this guy for a few weeks but it already seemed like forever. The way I opened up to him so quickly has surprised myself, too. I usually never act like this with others, unless I’ve known them for years.

“Hey, Mister I-Love-Looking-At-Kim-Wonshik.” Was the first thing that he’d say whenever I saw him, and I would’ve loved to see him trip and fall after that.

Monday’s classes were all sickening, except Math class. Mathematics is my life, I just have to say that. I was the minority in my class back then who actually loved the subject to its core. Every Maths lesson was good, because I knew the formulas, I knew what to do, and I love the feeling of getting the answer, I’m sure you all understand that. Wonshik, on the other hand, represents the majority here. Looking at his facial expressions during Maths lesson today was worth more than the class itself. He constantly changed his expression from looks of disgust to confusion to irritation and back to disgust again.

After class, he came to me for help in Maths which I gladly offered. I also managed to ask him about what I wrote down on the first day of school, to ask him whether he had any other friends to which he replied “Many. I just don’t like hanging out with them.” I’ll take it as a compliment.

 

27/10/16 – Thursday

I think it’s become a daily routine for us to go get coffee together after school. Even though, the project had already been submitted weeks ago, we still met up after school everyday. Talking about all sorts of together, hanging out everyday. I just had to awkwardly bring up the “are we best friends or?” talk while we were studying at the café.

“Of course, we’re best buds!” He replied, and I think that was the widest smile I’ve seen from him ever.

Jung Taekwoon, the weird kid who did all his homework and didn’t talk to anyone, has a best friend now. His best friend is the exact opposite of him, you’d say. Seriously, Wonshik is that one classmate that sleeps in every class and rarely does his work so I guess opposites really do attract.

I realise the way I wrote about Wonshik on my first week of school seemed weird. I mean, it sounded like I was having a little crush on him, even. I honestly don’t know what I feel. I’m sure he’s just a best friend, right? There’s always that one friend you cherish so much that you feel you’re even a little gay for them, right? It’s because you like hanging out with them so much that seeing them makes you happy already. Hearing them laugh at your jokes gives you that feeling that you’ve done some good. I’m sure someone out there has felt the same.

 

29/10/16 – Saturday

There are things I don’t talk about with my family, no matter how close I think I am with them. It’s just awkward when your family isn’t very open with some issues, for example, homouality.

Honestly, I’ve never questioned my uality before in these 18 years of my life, whether I liked girls, boys or maybe even both. It’s always just been studying everyday, “no time for dating” was something my mom drilled into my head for ages.

But I never missed that feeling I’d get when Wonshik would do something as simple as brush his hand against mine while we’re walking together, or when he’d just smile at me. I admit I never thought about it much when it happened, but now I’m just thinking too much about it. I’d feel my throat tighten whenever he laughed, whenever he sent me a message, whenever he looked at me.

I think I like this guy more than I thought I did. 


A/N: so, I managed to update two days later, what an accomplishment HAHAHA. From this chapter I'm sure you can see that Taekwoon is starting to [coughs] realise how he feels about his best friend [coughs]. I already see comments wondering if this love is one-sided oooooooh stay tuned to find out lmao. 

THANKS TO EVERYONE WHO SUBSCRIBED TO ME AND TO THOSE WHO VOTED FOR MY STORY TOO I LOVE Y'ALL.