Trapped

Taboo

Warnings: Abusive situations. Mentions of violence. Bit of swearing. Umm.. also writing… so be warned. 

Author’s Note:  Starts in Daehyun’s POV and switches to reader’s POV. Sorry it took so long and sorry it’s … I’m not super inspired anymore. Anyway, I hope you guys like it. Enjoy!  - Elle <3

 

His darkening eyes pierced through the rear view mirror, watching as they haphazardly threw you into the backseat. He bit his lip as he watched you be sandwiched between two of s as they all climbed into the vehicle. An unsettled feeling rested heavily in his stomach, why the did it have to be you? He had a soft spot for you since high school, even in the few months since he’d left school his feelings remained. You were sweet and helpful and everything he could ever wish for. But, he had secrets and a demanding past that had landed him right where you currently were too, in the clutches of a certain Moon Jongup.

He spared one last glance your way as he revved the engine.  He knew there were more sinister intentions in your future and he couldn’t help the way his chest clenched. Jongup was one dangerous man without a shred of mercy. On more than one occasion he’d watched Jongup not even flinch while shooting someone (women and children included) pointblank if he had wanted to do so. Jongup could careless who he shot, sometimes he wondered if his boss killed for sport. Why would anyone be out so late when they knew he was out roaming? Yet here you were in the backseat of his car, and not in the way he’d always wanted you to be, because you’d been caught by one of his men. He felt a glimmer of relief however, if Jongup wanted you dead you would have been abandoned and bloody for the despicable excuse of a police force to find come sunrise. Even if you weren’t dead, he didn’t want to think of all the possibilities of horrid things his boss had in mind for your fate. He couldn’t think about it. Not when it was you. He shook his head as he sped off to the hideout. He wouldn’t let you become another news story. He could work with this. You were alive, for the meantime, he’d have to figure something out.


Daehyun’s face was burnt into your subconscious. The way his eyes widened as he realised who it was that his gang members were surrounding. His plump lips that spluttered your name in disbelief. All of it swirled around in your mind until it was gone. A sharpness in the back of your skull had sent you reeling and then everything went blank. That was all you could remember as you awoke. The room was now spinning. The fluorescent light bulb that dangled precariously from a chain attached to the ceiling not helping your throbbing head.

The more you came to your senses the more you began to panic, your movement was restricted and you had absolutely no clue where you were. Your wrists and ankles were taped together, a layer of the same tape laying heavily against your lips. Glancing at your surroundings it looked as if you were in a supply closet of some kind. Dented boxes and carelessly abandoned papers littered metal shelves that looked as if they had been untouched for quite sometime. The layers of dust and the musky smell that hit your nose confirmed that this room that you were bound in had indeed been left uncared for.

The sound of the doorknob rattling struck your attention. You had no idea who was behind that door, or what their intentions were. You had to be brave, if you broke in front of them you may never see daylight again. You had to give them the wealth they craved and they’d let you free, right? You couldn’t let every negative possibility cloud your judgement, you needed to be on top of your game right now. You tried to remain calm as a figure appeared in the doorway.

You felt your body relax immediately when in shuffled Daehyun, a small food tray in his hands. You looked up at him through your lashes and let out the breath you were holding against the thick tape. You watched silently as Daehyun placed the tray beside you, turning soon after to close the door.

“It’s just me”, he whispered. “I need you to stay still and I need you to trust me, I’m not going to hurt you.” You nodded your head, if there was anyone you could trust right now it was Daehyun.

Daehyun shuffled the contents of his dark jeans pocket before pulling out an object. You heard it before you saw it, the swift sound of metal slicing out of its holder. A little blade held tightly in his hand, he smiled reassuringly gently grabbing your ankles with his free hand. He skillfully slid the blade under the heavy layers of tape sawing the knife until it finally tore enough to break apart. He shuffled around behind you grabbing your wrists in his hand again, gently keeping them still as he sawed once more against layers of tape.

You rubbed your sore wrists and ankles gently, the stickiness of the tape still present and definitely not pleasant as you tore off the remnants of the tape. Daehyun looked at you for a minute before his eyes widened, a small gasp leaving his lips.

“This may hurt a little. I’ll make it quick”, his hand cupped your chin while the other began to tear off the tape against your lips quickly but as gently as humanly possible. The adhesive pulled against your skin and you groaned, rubbing your lips after to dull the pain.

“I’m so so sorry.” He muttered, an affectionate hand coming out to smooth your hair softly. If it wasn’t for your current predicament, you’d find the action sweet and you may have let your forgotten crush on the man grow. But, it was not the time for that now, you were god knows where with very dangerous men. The very thought terrified you to the core. 

“What on earth were you doing out so late? You shouldn’t have… it’s dangerous!” He scolded, a bewilderment in his voice. 

The door slammed further against the wall, a heavy boot almost kicking the rickety thing off its hinges. 

“You have two seconds to get your hands off her.” The blue haired man from before barked. What was his name again? Jonguppie? 

“Yes boss.” Daehyun’s warm hands were off you before you could even blink. He bowed to the man and scurried off quickly. 

! You were alone with a maniac. The man strolled over to you, an arrogant smirk on his lips. His long fingers found their way to the hairs at your scalp as he pulled your head back to look up at him. You hissed at the pain and looked at the man before you trying to suppress the glare you so desperately wanted to give him. But, you knew better. Men like him were dangerous, no second thought or no mercy given you had to give him what you want or you may not live to see another day. Oh ! Your chest squeezed and the panic of the situation sunk in. With every boot clad footstep, you felt yourself shrinking down, trying to back away from his gaze and to survive another minute. 

“I’m going to ask you some questions and you’re going to answer me quickly and truthfully. Got that, sweet cheeks?” 

You nodded quickly.  “I understand,” you whispered shakily.

“Good. Now, what’s your name?” 

“Y/N” 

He chuckled, “Pretty name, but I’m going to call you kitten. Okay, kitten?” He murmured darkly, hot breath fanning against your ear. 

He asked your age, your family names and other background questions in a rapid fire that seemed to drag on for hours. 

He paced around you, finally letting go of his grip on your hair. A small sigh slipping from your lips in relief. You rested on hands and knees on the dusty floor, trying to calm yourself down with deep breaths. 

“Now Kitten, you’re going to have to do something for me, hm?” He mused and the overly cocky tone made you want to do nothing more than spit in his face and run for it, maybe giving a good kick or two where you knew it’d hurt most. 

But, you refrained and agreed quickly. You heard his pacing stop directly behind you, yet you could feel the smirk on his face as he whispered a ‘Good, kitten’ from above you. An object slid towards you, its screen blaring your mothers face before you. 

Oh no. 

“You’re going to ask for 2 million ransom, got it?” You nodded, your hands shakily reaching to pick up the phone as tears pricked your cheeks. What if your parents refused to pay? Would they let you die? What if this maniac decided last minute that it wasn’t enough and shot you anyway. Tears spilled and you knew you couldn’t answer the phone call. 

“I-If I get the money… will you let me go?” You whispered in between empty sobs. 

“Oh sweet kitten, the money is so we can live. I already told you… you’re not going anywhere, baby girl.” His fingers gripped your chin and you watched from the corner of your eye as the screen went blank before your father’s face soon lit up the screen. 

The fingers under your chin gripped harder and you turned, looking him in the eyes. Your heart felt as if it was about to stop, as you watched him grin sickenly. His free hand reaching down for the phone. 

“You’re mine now, kitten.” 

He chuckled, swiping the phone screen and pressing it to your ear.