Caught

Taboo

“I don’t ask twice, sweetheart.”

“I-I’m sorry… I was on my way home. I didn’t see any-anything. I’ll get going, Pl-“

He chuckled interrupting your weak attempt at an excuse, obviously finding something hilarious. His eyes narrowed and you gulped, goosebumps shooting up your spine. His strong hands slid down your arms, settling on your waist. His grip tightened, pulling you flush against his chiseled chest. His arms snaking around your waist, in a vice-like grip. His head dipped, lowering his lips to your ear.

“Oh, you’re not going anywhere, baby girl.”

You visibly gulped at his words, shivers shooting down your spine. Why did everything have to go wrong today? You could’ve been at home with your parents, safe by now. But, no here you were about to be murdered by a gang member.

“Please, let me go. My parents will give you money or shares or whatever you want, just please let me go! I have a lot to live for.” You pleaded.

The man in front of you chuckled in reply. “Like we haven’t heard that one before. A couple of dollars isn’t anything to us.”

“They’re the major shareholders of the Yoon Hotels chain, the owner passed away and left all the assets to them. Please, let me leave.”

“What makes you think I won’t get both the money and you thrown into the deal, sweet cheeks?”

You slunk down to the dusty cement, not caring about how much your parents would complain about ruining your expensive uniform. You were in the simplest sense of the word… ed.

“!” He cursed, turning away from you to look at the set of headlights blaring in their direction.

“We gotta move!” The man with the black hair yelled. The men grabbed their guns, aiming them towards the oncoming car.

“Get up!” The man in front of you growled, you simply shook your head completely in shock. You could die tonight, be some news story for a little while and be forgotten. Another statistic. That’s it, no amount of knowledge or wealth could get you out of this it seemed and the events leading up to your probable murder seemed just as terrifying given your current company.

“If you want to live to see sunrise you’ll do as I tell you. Now get up and stay behind me! Got it?!” You gave another solemn nod, rising slowly on shaking knees. The man clearly growing tired of your pace, gripped your arm pulling you behind him.

He turned his head to look at you over his shoulder. “If you think we’re bad, we’re a freaking walk in the park compared to these bastards. So keep your mouth shut and don’t move.”

The pang of lead piercing its way through metal echoed up the emptied streets. The men clearly a rival gang or at the very least men with power. You don’t just shoot aimlessly at gang members unless you have a death-wish or a whole lot of power and money behind you.

A luxurious black car pulled up in front of you. A tattooed hand appearing out of the opening car window before anything else. The man’s gold rings reflected the dim streetlights, his finger beckoning for the gang members attention. All five pairs of eyes looked at him, you strained your vision to get a good look at the guy through a leather jacketed barrier of the man before you. His dark hair was slicked back, his eyes were piercing and intimidating. More so than the current member you were dealing with.

“Tuesday, you got that Moon? Tuesday. I expect my shipment and your debt paid or…” he paused, his ringed hand gliding across his neck in an unpleasant motion, you knew what he intended by the action and gulped. “Mmm, and your little kitten behind you too, got it Jonguppie?” He chuckled. The man’s voice was like silk and yet you felt utterly disgusted by the way he and apparently all those of gangs alike treated women.

“You wish.” The man… Moon? Jonguppie? snarled back at the man. “It’ll be ready, Jaebum. Tuesday.”

“Don’t disappoint me then… or else.” He laughed lowly again, your fingers curling in terror of the powerful man in front of you.  “See you soon, kitten,“ he nodded toward you. You moved back at the action, trying to keep as much distance as possible. The window rolled back up, its bulletproof glass hiding the man again. The second the car roared back to life and down the road, you let out the breath you were holding.

The street was silent, but only for a moment. Another car screeching down the lonely street. This car was slightly less luxorious but beautiful nonetheless.

“Hey! Where have you been! Jaebum just came and hounded us! His goons shot up the street, man.” The tallest called at the man who had just stepped out of the car.

While he was distracted you slunk away as quietly as you could, running down the pavement as fast as your feet could carry you.

“Hey!” A man with a deep voice called out, sparking the attention of the man that had you pressed against a wall previously. It didn’t take them long to catch up to you, guns pointed so very close to you from all angles.

You were surrounded. The realisation of that fact left you feeling as if your heart was in your throat. Your mind fizzled into a numb state of pure adrenaline, your body letting it take over.

Looking between all of the men that surrounded you you’d have to find the one that you’d have the most chance against. You scanned them and let your mind tick through your best possible chance at escaping them. The new masked man stood in a wider stance, maybe you could crawl underneath his legs and run for you life. Perhaps into a nearby abandoned building and try to bar yourself inside until sunrise.

You went for it, running towards the man next to your masked target, darting towards the correct man at the very last second. It appeared he’d done this before, he was fast but you still managed to knock him stumbling back with all sheer force of your weight. His mask falling away from his mouth.

Those eyes, those lips, the familiarity. No, it couldn’t be… you thought he was long dead or worse.

“D-Daehyun?”