Knowing About the Other Me

Scar of the Dragons

When I woke up I felt my eyes were swollen because I cried too much last night. I was asleep on the floor and still could felt the cold bitting through my bones, especially when I opened the window and felt the cold breeze. The weather was just too much for me where in California it supposed to be Summer. I was supposed to be sunbathing instead of trembling like this. 

Suddenly I heard a knock and they were the sound of the court ladies. They were excusing themselves to bring me my breakfast and offer their service to help me changing my clothes. I let them in and they just did their work while I waited for them to finish. They also asked me if I needed them to feed the food, but I politely declined and said I can eat by myself. After I finished my food, they also brought a medicine for me and they told me it's good for the brain and it supposed to bring my memory back. I only smiled and drink the medicine without complain. I expecting a very bitter Ancient Chinese medicine, but instead it was way taste better than my mother's healthy drink. 

"Please let us know if you need anything, Lady." Ying Hwa and Ying Xie said in unison and excused themselves from the room. 

I felt better when I was left alone, because I still couldn't grasp what was happening to me and I need my time alone to know what I was supposed to do. Instead, my alone time was disturbed with the coming of that sweet man yesterday. Today he was wearing more glamorous clothes than yesterday and instead of letting his hair down, he made his hair into a bun. He smiled at me and sat in front of me. 

"Are you feeling better?" 

I nodded.

"I forget to introduce myself. My name is Ho Soek and yesterday the guy who is with me is Taehyung."

I nodded again.

"Please tell me anything you remember."

"I don't remember anything. Even my name."

I was expecting him to show an exasperating face or sighing, but he just smile and it made me even more wary. I tried to speculate my relationship with this guy and it seems like our relationship was very dense to the point he only smiled. 

"Your name is Yuna and you are supposed to be my fiance. Next week is our marriage, but it seems like we need to delay it for a while because you will need to rest. It will be rude if you don't even remember your husband's name." 

That answer was very unexpected. I was very flustered and I could only look at the floor, not wanting to meet his eyes. I have never been in a relationship or a boy liking me before and suddenly I was getting married, my mind was spinning like crazy. I then realized how beautiful I am now and it would be no surprise for me to get a boyfriend so easily. However, I still couldn't believe the tomboy and strong girl like me would ever walk into the aisle and kiss the groom. I thought I will keep on going for championship throughout my life until my bones break or I became paralyzed and unable to walk anymore. 

"I--I dont remember. I'm sorry."

Ho Seok casually touched my face and I immediately jerked my head from his hand. Feeling a guy's hand over my skin felt so different and gave me a heart attack. 

"I'm sorry, I shouldn't just treat you like I always did. It's just a habit you know, because I always find you so beautiful, Yuna." 

Should he really do that! Because when he said those words, he only made the matter worse. My heart beating even faster and I couldn't concentrate at all. I could bet all of my life that my face was becoming really red. 

"Your face is red."  Ho Seok's calming voice trying to tease me made me even more flustered. 

"You shouldn't do that." I spoke with a weak voice and it surprised myself that I was able to produce such sounds which I could only hear from romatnic dramas. This was not my usual self. Wendy could laugh while rolling on the floor if she saw me now. 

"Do what?" Ho Seok's vocie became lower and his face also getting closer.

I bit my lip while saying, "You know what I mean."

In an instant, Ho Seok burst out laughing and there were tears in his eyes. I was preplexed because I didn't consider myself doing a joke to the point he could laugh intot tears.  

"I'm sorry to laugh, but this is really hillarious. You used not be like this. You used to be more reserved."

"Like what?"

"You wouldn't tell me off not to do things that makes you uncomfortable. You just kept it in and never speak out your mind. It's very hard to know who you really are, it's just like there are many walls stand in front of your inner self." 

I was surprised with the current person that I'm prentending to be. This girl was the complete opposite of my characters since I was very outspoken about my opinion and never held back. It would be very hard to portray her character since I need to restrain myself. 

"Maybe amnesia changes me a bit." I joked and laughed. It made Ho Soek smiled again. He smiled very often and I didn't like it. 

"As long as you are fine, I don't mind you to change. For me you are still the person I love." 

Okay, when he said that I felt a little bit guilty. I was a fake and I didn't know where was the person he love so much located. She might had gone forever and he would never know because I might be here forever, where I hate to acknowledged that. 

"Ho Seok, I'm sorry that I can't remember anything about you. But I'm very well right now, so can you please introduce me to what place is this? What am I? I want--to know more about you too."

Ho Seok was very worried at first and trying to check if I could walk properly. After he had done his medical checkup and see I was fine, he then took me out from the room. When I was outside, it felt so weird. It was like something tingling my body where everything seems so surreal but at the same time it was warm. I could see Ying Xie and Ying Hwa were still standing oustide and they were lowering their head, not meeting our eyes. Ho Seok told me that this place was the Palace and I was one of the Head of the Court Lady while he is the Crown Prince. So, of course the love of him and Yuna/me was a forbidden love and the King and Queen didn't approve at first. But, while facing many hardships and trying to convince the King and Queen and also Ho Seok's attempt for suicide has scared the King and Queen and made them agree. However there was one condition for Ho Seok to wed Yuna/me it was that Yuna/me need to be adopted as the daugther of a rich merchant named Jeon Doyoung and was trained to became a Queen for three years. So Yuna/me hadn't been able to meet Ho Soek for three years and yesterday was Yuna's/my trip to meet him. But during the trip there was an accident where Yuna/me was supposed to be with Lady Mengxi who was Ho Seok's cousin. Lady Mengxi was also Yuna's/my friend so that's why she came and pick Yuna/me up to the Palace. But suddenly, there were arrows coming from every directions and hit the carriage and it made Yuna/me and Lady Mengxi fell from the cliff. Yuna/me was lucky to survive where I fell to the river and and was found by the soldier on the rock, while Lady Mengxi died and they found her body on the other side of the riverbed. Tomorrow would the burial day for her body. 

I suddenly felt very bad for Yuna with all what's happening to her these days. If she was here, I wanted to pat on her shoulder and told her to lean on me if there's something happen. 

"How about Taehyung? Who is he?" 

Ho Seok was a bit surprised when I asked about Taehyung, but he still explained it to me. As Taehyung is Ho Soek's bestfriend and he is also the youngest members in the council while he is also the King's advisor. He is known as the most intelligent man in the country and the most eligible bachelor by the women. Many people tries to marry their daughther to Taehyung, but Taehyung seems uninterested in marriage. Yuna/me and Taehyung's relationship was not that good because it seems like Taehyung dislike Yuna/me. Even Ho Seok didn't know the reason since both parties didn't want to explain why. 

"How is it? Do you have a glimpse of your memory?"

"I'm sorry, but not yet.." I lied.

I never had those memories before so it's like learning something new instead of remembering something buried deeply inside my brain. 

"It's okay, it will takes time for you to remember. I will not force you to remember everything immediately."

While we were walking in the hallway, we saw Taehyung and the other member of councils. The clothes for the councils were robes with the color of dark blue with golden dragon crest on their chest. They were actually discussing but stopped when the saw the appearance of Ho Seok.

They were bowing their head, "Good morning, Your Majesty--" and stopped for a while when they saw me, "Lady Yuna." 

Seeing Taehyung bowing his head made me felt better since he showed such a cold attitude towards me yesterday. 

"It was a relief seeing Lady Yuna safe." said an old man from the council. He has long white beard and sharp light brown eyes. Although he is old, his posture is tall and and he looks really fine for an old guy. From the first look I could tell that he was one of the prominent member of the councils since the member of the councils mostly stood behind him. 

Ho Seok quickly save the situation, "Thank you, Councelor Han. However, Yuna is still very ill and she can't stay outside for too long. I'm sorry, but I need to take Yuna back to her room."

Councelor Han only smiled and bowed again followed the other members. Ho Seok took me back to the room and his face wasn't very good. It seems like meeting Councelor Han was not a very good idea.