Chapter 2

The Winter Bride

The Winter Bride

 

 

Chapter 2

 

 

            Ji hyo, ji min and kwang soo doing spree shopping after lunch, kwang soo with patient accompany two beautiful woman, eventhough he feel boring but he realize that ji hyo and ji min not doing shopping together for quite sometimes since ji hyo live in china and japan, and thank God both not too much take time when they choose dress.

“ noona . . . I’ve heard you’ve got amazing gift for me and ji min ? “ ask kwang soo.

Ji hyo nod “ yes . . and I promise that you two will like my gift “ reply ji hyo.

“ ooh noona you make me curious about the gift . . can you give a hint what kind gift it is ? “ kwang soo really want to know ji hyo gift.

“ oppa . . be patient “ warn ji min.

“ don’t you want to know ? “ he ask her back.

“ I want to but I learn to be patient when it come to ji hyo unnie, if she said we should wait we better do what she said “ reply ji min.

Ji hyo laugh because she can see that kwang soo don’t have patience “ just wait kwang soo . . unnie promise that you and ji min will happy with my wedding gift for the two of you “ told ji hyo while she try a pair of beautiful and expensive high heels “ ji min . .  what do you think ? “ ask ji hyo, ji min and kwang soo looking at her feet.

“ unnie that looks good on you . .  buy it unnie “ suggest ji min.

“ I never understand why woman willing to torture yourself wearing those thing “ said kwang soo with funny expression.

Ji hyo tap his cheeks gentle “ it’s woman thing . . you and the rest of man population wont understand “ she said, ji hyo then take off the high heels and handed it to store manager “ I will take this along with all that . . “ ji hyo pointing to anothers high heels, flat shoes and sneakers that she and ji min tried before.

The store manager is a beautiful middle age woman and she smile with wide because what ji hyo buy can covers two months sales target “ of course . . . please pack all this for ms ji hyo “ told store manager to her employee when she see ji hyo smile to her, she look shy “ we all recognize you the moment you and kwang soo enter our store . . you look beautiful in person . .  “ said the store manager.

“ what’s your name ? “ ask ji hyo.

“ eun soo “ said stone manager names eun soo.

“ well thank you for accompany me shopping . .  why don’t we all take picture together ? “ suggest ji hyo and everyone looks very happy, then the store become a place for fan meeting, ji hyo greet and thank everyone for their love and support for her, and everyone looks very happy, then while waiting employee packing her stuff ji hyo and ji min along with kwang soo chatting for a while, untill they heard some noisy, they wonder what happen but since it’s not their problem so they continue to tallk.

Meanwhile yoon eun hye with her manager who sit not far from ji hyo only separate by some shoes rack angry toward store manager eun soo and employee.

“ I said I want the red one not the black one “ eun hye snap.

“ I’m sorry but the red one been bough by someone else we are packing for her now, only left the black one “ eun soo try to exlpain, she heard soo much about eun hye who act like diva but she never believe it because she look soo nice and innocent but now she know the truth, eun soo feel it’s amazing how ji hyo who have image as the ice queen because of her cold appereance but in reality she is very kind and nice while eun hye the opposite of her image.

“ told her to I want that shoes and she can have the black one “ ordered eun hye with arrogant, she got a bad day and now this store manager and her employee make her mad.

“ I’m sorry but how could I ask her to do such thing, she already pay cash “ reply eun soo, she really start to irritated by eun hye behaviour.

“ I don’t care how you do it but I want the red one . . . this store is belong to my friend, one phone call for me and I can make you all fired “ threat eun hye make everyone scare, eun soo don’t have another choice but to talk to ji hyo, she hope she can understand, she see ji hyo talking to ji min and kwang soo, eun soo with afraid walk toward them, ji min see eun soo first and know something happen.

“ something happen ? “ ask ji min, ji hyo and kwang soo looking at eun soo too and they see what ji min see earlier.

“ ehmm . . .  hmmm . . there . . . . “ eun soo look terrfy and she look about to cry.

 Ji hyo wonder what is happening, she can hear someone angry but she couldn’t heard too clear since there are music play at store “ are you ok ? “ ask ji hyo.

“ it just  . . we’ve got a problem . . . there is famous actress who angry at us right now “ told eun soo with low voice.

“ angry ? but why ? “ ask kwang soo, then eun soo told them everything.

“ my God . . who will act soo arrogant and childish like that “ reply ji min.

Ji hyo looking at scare eun soo “ who is this actress ? “ ask ji hyo.

Eun soo turn her head back to make sure no one will hear “ it’s yoon eun hye “ eun soo whisperings and ji hyo face turn cold when she hear that name, ji min and kwang soo look very angry, eun soo who don’t know history between the two actress wonder why ji hyo face turn very cold completely different from before.

“ that woman . . . . . “ kwang soo about to burst his anger when ji hyo touch his arm and give him sign to holding back his anger.

“ now you please go back to yoon eun hye ssi and told her that if she want the shoes come and ask me by herself “ said ji hyo, when eun soo look doubt she try to reassuring her “ don’t worry I wont make you and this store employee in trouble as a matter of fact I’m helping you to teach her a lesson “ add ji hyo, eun soo then leave and report what ji hyo told her to eun hye, with angry eun hye come to front of store and when she see three people there she walk faster, she only can see ji hyo back so she doesn’t know it’s ji hyo who buy the shoes.

“ I heard from . . . . . . “ eun hye stop dead when ji hyo turn her body and finally they face to face, eun hye face turn pale when she see ji hyo there standing right in front of her.

“ so you are the one who want the high heels that I bought ? “ ask ji hyo, there is no expression on her face, eun soo and employees watch the confrontration with concern.

Eun hye try to calm herself, there is no way she will let ji hyo know that her presence bother her “ yes I want the red one . . you can have the black one “ told eun hye with arrogance.

Ji hyo smile with cold “ excuse me but I’m the one who buy it first and I don’t have intended to give it to you or whoever want it “ reply ji hyo with calm while inside she is boiling.

“ if I want something I will have it . . . so you better take the black one “ said eun hye.

“ sweety . .  I don’t give a damn what you want . . it’s mine and I will keep mine except I don’t want it then I will give it to you “ eun hye feel just got a hard blow, she know that ji hyo got double meaning in her words, knowing that ji hyo wont give her high heels eun hye looking at eun soo and employee with angry.

“ you all will get fired . . . I will call michelle and told her that her employees all useless . . . .  you all stupid “ eun hye release her anger and frustration toward eun soo and employees, she take out her phone from her bag and everyone look scare and their eyes start to teary.

“ hold on . . . . . “ told ji hyo and everyone looking at her, then she dialed a number and call someone, with curious eun hye, ji min, kwang soo, eun soo and others watching ji hyo “ helo . . . michelle . . . it’s unnie “ greet ji hyo, eun hye eyes open wide in shock when she hear ji hyo say michelle name, how ji hyo know michelle “ michelle . . i’m at your store . .  your creation are amazing and I buy lots of high heels, flat shoes and my favorite sneakers . .  “ ji min can hears michelle exicited voice when ji hyo told her that she buy lots from her store “ but we’ve got little problem here and hope you can help because I feel bad for your employee, your friend yoon eun hye is here and she want one high heels that I already bough but she insist me to give it to her, she threat to fired your store manager and other employees she is upset because I wouldn’t give it to her “ ji hyo explain situation at the store, michelle sound angry listen to that and demand to talk to eun hye, ji hyo the phone to eun hye “ it’s michelle . .  she want to talk to you “ said hi hyo, eun hye accept her phone and talk with michelle, well it’s more like she listening to michelle, eun hye face show that she feel shame and upset in the same time and not for long she give back the phone to ji hyo and then she leave in angry following by her manager, ji hyo talk for a minute with michelle then end the call, eun soo and othes feel relief that they all safe thanks to ji hyo, then ji hyo, ji min and kwang soo leave too.

            Tae hu and yun ah done checking last preparation for ji min and kwang soo wedding, this is the first they arrange wedding for their daughter so they want it perfect, tae hu having nap since he feel tired while yun ah waiting for kids to come home from their shopping, she really happy that ji hyo with them, she is missing her soo much and wish that ji hyo will think about start again her career in korea, she is succesfull in china and japan so may be it’s time for her to come back to her homeland, she will try to talk about this to ji hyo, then yun ah hear her phone ring and when she see who is calling she feel uneasy.

“ min kyung unnie . . . how are you ? “ greet yun ah.

“ yun ah . .  I’m fine thank you . . how is preparation with ji min wedding ? “ ask min kyung, it’s been a while since she talk to yun ah and tae hu, what happened between jong kook and ji hyo make their relationship awkward, she feel bad because they used to very closed, she can understand that tae hu and yun ah want to keep distance after what jong kook did to ji hyo, but now ji hyo back to korea and she want to know how is she.

“ everything perfect . . . we want the best for ji min and kwang soo wedding “ told yun ah.

“ of course . . every parents want the best for their kids “ reply min kyung.

Yun ah chuckled “ yes indeed . . .  “

“ and yun ah thank you for allowing jong kook to be the best man for kwang soo and thank you again for the invitation “ min kyung really glad that tae hu and yun ah at least not prevent kwang soo from making jong kook as his best man.

“ it’s kwang soo right too that he can invite whoever he want “ reply yun ah.

“ I know and that is why I really appreciate what you and tae hu do “ said min kyung “ I watched news that ji hyo back to korea . . how is she ? “ ask min kyung.

“ she is fine and happy . .  now she is shopping with ji min and kwang soo . . ji min miss her sister soo much so she want to spend time with her as much as she can “ told yun ah.

“ good to hear that . . . I want to call ji hyo couple times but I’m afraid that she wont answer my call . . “ min kyung terrible sorry with what happened with ji hyo and jong kook, one fatal mistake from jong kook and it hurt ji hyo deeply and ruined two family relationship.

“ I think ji hyo will answer if you called her . . what happened is none of your fault and she wont blamed you, she is more mature now and to be honest I miss talking to you unnie but I must respect and consider ji hyo feeling too so in the end I hold my self from calling you “ yun ah try to explain to min kyung.

“ I understand yun ah and I don’t blame ji hyo if she don’t want to talk with me, I know she must be suffered after that incident but for the last 5 years jong kook live in guilty and he suffered too, I really sad watching him close his heart and only focus with his career “ min kyung worry and concern if her younger son will ever find a woman, he seems like decide that he want to live alone for the rest of his life, min kyung want to know what’s inside jong kook heart, he never talked about his feeling to her or to her brother anymore.

Yun ah feel the same way about ji hyo, she never talked about what happened, she just lock herself in her room and then suddenly announce she will leave korea, at that time she and tae hu think may be that was the best they never though that ji hyo will live there for a long time and refused back to korea, she feel really sad with what happened but that incident chance ji hyo, since that day ji hyo cut her communication with jong kook and asked no one gave her new phone number to him no matter what, yun ah wonder what will happen if ji hyo and jong kook meet and talk “ unnie . . . is it possible that the fact ji hyo and jong kook never sit together and talk after what happened make them the way they are now ? “ ask yun ah.

Min kyung relief that yun ah have the same thinking “ I’m thinking that too yun ah, both bolt in whatever they feel after that incident, ji hyo angry and pain, jong kook guilty and regret . . they need to let out whatever they feel “ told min kyung.

There is one thing that always bother yun ah and she want to know the answer through min kyung, she is jong kook mother and usually a mother know kids feeling better “ unnie . . there is one thing that bother me since ji hyo said to me and I want to ask you about this matter “

“ what do you want to know ? “ ask min kyung.

“ does jong kook love ji hyo ? “ ask yun ah.

Min kyung look surprise with that unexpected question “ why are you asking this ? “

“ because before ji hyo left korea I asked her to think again her decisison and advice  her to talk to jong kook but she said he never love her, he agree to marriage because of you , he might like her but he never love her, he only love eun hye “ yun ah finally reveal what jong kook told to ji hyo before the incident.

“ did jong kook said that to ji hyo ? “ ask min kyung, if jong kook really said those words she will slap his head hard to make him see the reality, she know that jong kook love ji hyo but it seems her stupid son not realize that till it was too late.

“ yes unnie . . jong kook said that to ji hyo “ reply yun ah “ and to be honest unnie my heart hurt when ji hyo told me that . . “ add yun ah.

“ yun ah on behalf my son I apologize . . my son was soo stupid that couldn’t recognize his own feeling for ji hyo but believe me yun ah that he love her, if he don’t love her he wont hurt and suffered like this “ min kyung know that jong kook love ji hyo because she once see his necklace with the ring that belong to ji hyo as it’s pendant, seems like he try to hold on to that.

“ I don’t know what we can do for our kids, I don’t like to see ji hyo tired herself and refused to have social life, there are lots kind and good man want to marry her but she refused . . it’s concern me “ told yun ah.

Min kyung think how they can help their dear kids and then she got an idea “ yun ah . . I’ve got an idea . .  but it will need your coorperation “ yun ah look interesting with min kyung idea, so the mothers make an evil plan to bring their daughter and son meet and talk just the two of them.

            Jang hyuk waiting for jong kook, he is kinda worry about him after his strange call, he don’t know what happening to him, jong kook personal life in mess after ji hyo left korea, he might can smile and happy when he perform on stage but when he is alone he will depressed and suffered, he just hope that jong kook and ji hyo got a chance to solve the problem between them, he hear bell and in hurry open the door, jong kook standing in front of the door with terrible expression, he enter his apartment and throw himself on couch.

Jang hyuk sit beside jong kook and tap his shoulders “ what happen dude ? I really worry after I got your call “ ask jang hyuk.

Jong kook close his eyes and try to calm himself first “ I really doom . . . “ reply jong kook make jang hyuk more confuse and consern.

“ tell me what happen ? why are you act like this ? “ ask jang hyuk, he try to be patient.

Jong kook looking at him and jang hyuk can see pain and turmoil in his eyes “ I’ve seen ji hyo today “ told jong kook.

“ really ? where ? “ jang hyuk now understand why jong kook behave like this.

“ kwang soo asking me to meet and turn out ji hyo and ji min on bridal house to try her bridemaid dress, I’ve seen her from far away, she look very beautiful but what I heard made my heart really hurt “ told jong kook.

Now jang hyuk more curious then ever “ what you heard ? tell me ? “

“ I overheard ji hyo, ji min and kwang soo conversation, she said that she move on and she already have someone, she just want to make sure he is the one before she introduce his new man to her parents “ jong kook grinth his teeth to hold his anger because he upset to himself for his own foolishness and stupidity that caused him lost ji hyo forever.

“ dude it’s not that ji hyo marry already, you still got chance if you want . . “ jong kook give him expression are you crazy or what “ I know what happened 5 years a go create great distance for both of you but dude if you love her then make ammend and try to reach for her, fight for your love  “ jang hyuk try to give jong kook support “ I know that you love her otherwise you wont suffered and hurt when she left “ said jang hyuk.

“ I do love her . . I’m soo stupid not realize my feeling for her sooner, I said painfull words to her only to regret it later . . . how I could face her after what I said to her ? how could I heal the wound that I gave to her ? how could I bring back what she lost because of me ? “ jong kook really down and don’t know what to do, for the the first time in his life he feel lost.

Jang hyuk feel sorry for his best friend and he think there is only one way to solve the problem between ji hyo and jong kook “ listen to me jong kook “ said jang hyuk and jong kook looking at him with miserable expression “ you should talk to ji hyo, both of you hasn’t talk about what happened because she left korean a week after she got out from hospital, I think you two need to let out what buried inside all this time, and dude where is jong kook that I know who never give up about anything . . if you really love her then you should hold on to her, never give up no matter how many times she cast you away, you should glue to her and accept every anger and tantrum that she throw at you with big heart because it was you who hurt her, heal her wound with your love, show her that you have change and this time you will stay for good, she is like wounded lioness and will attack the one who hurt her . . if you willing to do all of that make sure you are strong enough to stand still no matter what she throw at you and make sure your love big enough to bear everything “ jang hyuk hope his words can knock jong kook conciousness “ woman is complex creature my brother believe me . . . but once you got their heart you will have it forever  “ he add.

Jong kook in deep thinking about what jang hyuk told him and he hate that he must agree with him, seems jang hyuk more understand woman than him “ you are right . . I shouldn’t give up . . I love ji hyo . .  eventhough I realize this feeling very late but I do love her “ said jong kook.

“ good that is what I want to hear . . don’t give up man . . fight for her love “ jang hyuk keep give him fighting spirit.

Jong kook nod and he feel like someone just hit him hard and bring him back to reality, he feels like just waking from long bad dream, jong kook hold hang hyuk arm “ thank you my brother . . you always listen to me with patience . . . I don’t know what to do if I don’t have you as my best friend because there are some matters that I couldn’t talk to omma and junho hyung “ jong kook really bless to have best friend like jang hyuk, they both been there for each other in good and bad time, thet more like brother than best friend and his mother love jang hyuk too.

“ we’ve done something good in the past so now we can be best friend, people said finding a true friend is like finding soulmate “ reply hang hyuk, and he feel lucky to have jong kook as his best friend, he is been his strength when he is down and his pillar support whenever he need it.

“ very true brother . . . “ said jong kook “ you opened my eyes today and i realize that this is what you’ve been tried to tell me for the last couple years but I refused to listened “ he add.

“you need something to shaking up your mind and heart . . guess only ji hyo who can do that . . no matter how hard me and your family try to wake you up but you couldn’t listened untill ji hyo show up “ told jang hyuk.

“ true . . . and I guess my fight start now . . . and I promise you that I wont give up “ reply jong kook, now he must prepare himself for whatever might hit him, he will win ji hyo heart and love, he want to get back what he lost 5 years a go.

            It’s late of night and everyone already sleep but ji hyo can’t close her eyes, her encountered with eun hye really make her uneasy, she think that she can get over what happened between her, jong kook and eun hye, but seeing her again make her heart hurt again, turn out 5 years not enough to heal her pain.

“ ji hyo “ ji hyo jump a little bit when she hear tae hu voice, she turn around and see her father standind on the door.

“ appa . .  you haven’t sleep ? “ ask ji hyo.

Tae hu enter ji hyo bedroom and sit on bed while ji hyo sit in front of window “ appa feel thirsty and about to go to kitchen when I passing by your room and see the door open . .  why you still awake ? feel strange after soo many years not sleep in your bedroom ? “ ask tae hu.

Ji hyo really need to talk to someone and her father always listening to her “ that and because other thing “ reply ji hyo.

Tae hu can feel something bothering ji hyo, he really close to his daughters and he always listening to their sad and happy story “ care to tell appa what is bothering you ? “

Ji hyo shaking her head slowly “ it just that I met eun hye when me and ji min shopping . . . “

Tae hu can guess how ji hyo must feel that time, he always think that ji hyo hadn’t get over from what happened 5 years a go “ and how you felt when you met her ? “ ask tae hu.

“ angry . . sad . . hate . .  it’s mix feeling appa . . I though after all this time I will get over her and jong kook oppa but I guess I’m wrong “ reply ji hyo “ my heart still bleed “ she add, ji hyo feel confuse that while she live in china and japan she can be very strong but here in korea she feel become weak with her own emotion.

Tae hu looking at ji hyo with fatherly love “ ji hyo my child . .  actually appa and omma always want to talk about what happened but since you shut down yourself from discussing that so all we can do is to gave you time untill you ready to talk about it, what happened must hurt you soo bad and appa understand your pain, appa wish can help you to going through it . . . . . “

“ loosing my unborn child is the most hard and painfull rather than loosing jong kook oppa and its like pour salt over my wound he is the one who caused us to loose our unborn child . . . it hurts appa . . . “ tears fall on ji hyo cheeks, this is the first time she shed tears after she left korea 5 years a go “ I can take it when he said he didn’t love me but . . . . . . “

Tae hu sit beside ji hyo and he hug her then let ji hyo cry on his chest, he caress her hairs just like he used to do whenever he try to pacify ji hyo when she was little girl, his heart feel hurt too watching his loving daughter like this “ ji hyo listen . . . appa feel sad too for what happened . . but you hadn’t gave yourself time to grief properly for the lost of your unborn child, you lock up yourself in your room after you discharge from hospital then after a week you suddenly want to left korea to pursue your career in china and japan, appa and omma thought that was the best for you that time but you still refused to talked how your feeling, you buried every pain and anger for years but ji hyo yaa you need to let it go out from your heart or it will consuming and eating you inside “ told tae hu, ji hyo don’t know how to react toward his words because that is what she did with hope all bad memory, the pain, the anger will dissapears by itself “ and the most important you haven’t face jong kook and told him how you felt . . . you should let your anger your sadness toward him directly . . . . . . “

“ I don’t want to see him again appa . . I hate him “ cut ji hyo.

“ I understand ji hyo but remember don’t hate someone too much because in the end you will love him soo much “ warn tae hu.

“ I love him appa but he change my love into hate . . . I can take it that he didn’t love me if he be honest with me, I wont accept wedding arrangement if I know he didn’t love me, I wont let him touch me if I knew he didn’t love me . . . he dare to do such thing at our wedding day really hurt my pride as a woman . . . . I . . I . . I . . “ ji hyo chocked anad crying.

“ ssstt ji hyo . . . . appa here . . . “ tae hu just sit there and try to make ji hyo calm, he know how much jong kook hurt her, and at some point he hate him for hurting his loving daughter but he think only jong kook who can heal the wound inside ji hyo heart, he is a man and a father so he know when a man falling for his daughters and he never doubt that jong kook love ji hyo but what he don’t understand why he did what he did, he might avoid to open communication with jong kook but he always had a way to got update about jong kook condition, that is why he know that jong kook suffered too for the last 5 years, may be it’s time for them to talk and opened up bout what they feel, meanwhile yun ah wipe tears on her cheeks, she listening ji hyo and tae hu conversation and her heart ache when she listen to ji hyo cry, when a kid being hurt mother feel the pain double and that is why she feel really hurt, but one thing for sure that ji hyo and jong kook need to meet and talk, only themselves who can heal each other pain, yun ah will arrange everything with min kyung and will do their plan after ji min and kwang soo wedding, yun ah then leave in silent and let a father taking care his loving daughter.

Meanwhile jong kook too couldn’t sleep, for unknown reason his heart feel really hurt and his soul seems craving for its mate, he can feel someone sadness and his mind thinking about ji hyo, he want to know if ji hyo is ok, don’t know why he feel worry and concern for her, he already decide after talk with jang hyuk that he want her love and he want her back, that seems impossible after what he done to her but he will make her see and understand that he is change and he love her, he will proove his love for her, he will do anything for her, she is the best thing ever happen to him, he remember her sweet voice, how she always taking care of him, always reminder him to take care his health, he regret that he didn’t realize how important she is to him untill she left his life, being alone and stay away from other woman is the best he can do to redeem himself that he wont let other woman touch him and own him, he only belong to her and he swear to God that he better live and die alone rather than spend his life with other woman, then jong kook mind fly back to that day, the day he lost everything.