Out of My Reach

Linger

It’s been 10 days since I moved to Korea and things have been going pretty good for me. While showing me around the school; Taemin, Key, Jonghyun, and I clicked immediately. We hung out everyday getting to know each other. They also introduced me to two others, Onew and Minho.

We were on our way back form the basketball courts after playing an intense game.

“You really got game, Amber.” Said Minho with a smile.

“Thanks, you’re not too bad yourself” I smiled back.

“I...I..don’t know how both you guys have so much energy.” – panted Onew.

“Yea, after one game I was ready to pass out.”- said a tired Key.

On our way to the common room, I spotted Luna and two other girls talking. I made out one of them to be Victoria but I didn’t know the other girl.

Luna faced my direction and immediately her face lit up. She smiled and waved for me to go over.

“Amber! Amber! Over here, I want you to meet my friends!”

I nodded and told her I’ll be there in a minute. I told the guys to go ahead of me and I’ll meet up with them later.

Great I just got back from playing bball and I’m all sweaty and smelly. What a great first impression this will be.’

I walked over to the three girls. “Hey, Luna.”

“Hey, Amber, you look really tired” –giggled Luna.

“Yea, I just finished playing a game with the guys.”

“Sounds fun! This is Victoria Song and the one with the black hair and cold stare is Krystal Jung.”           

Krystal, huh? She’s really pretty, but what’s up with that stare, its kind of scaring me.’

“Hey Victoria, good to see you again! Nice to meet you Krystal” – I smiled.

“Hehehe good to see you again too, Amber.” Victoria smiled sweetly.

“Hey…” – Krystal said with an emotionless expression.

What’s up with her?’

“Oh I didn’t know you two already met!”- asked Luna surprised.

“Yea…I was a little lost my first day and she helped my find the SS building.” I said to them embarrassed.

“hahaha yea the building was right in front of us too!” –giggled Victoria. I blushed, my face was on fire now.

“LOL you’re so clumsy Amber” – said Luna as she slapped my shoulder.

“heheh” – I laughed nervously.

“dork” – mumbled Krystal. It was a quiet mumble but none the less Amber heard it.

I furrowed my brows at her. ‘oooookay. There’s definitely something wrong with this girl.’

Suddenly a girl with long light brown wavy hair ran up to us. She was wearing a hat with bunny ears on them, a loose fitted tee, and flower print skirt.

“Oh Sulli! Perfect timing, I want you to meet my roommate that I’ve been telling you about. Amber, Sulli; Sulli, Amber” said Luna while grinning like a mad man.

I waved to her smiling.

“Oh my god! You weren’t kidding when you said she looks like a boy. But she’s sooo cute!” said Sulli joyfully.

Sulli also greeted Victoria and waved at Krystal ecstatically. Krystal waved back with the same enthusiasm but with a smile on her face this time.

I gave her a questioning look. ‘is she bipolar or something? Or she just doesn’t like me. I haven’t even done anything wrong yet!’

Sulli stopped waving and started to talk to Luna about something. I noticed that Krystal was still waving her hands.

“Why are you still waving your hands?” I asked just outta curiosity.

“Because I want to! Is that a problem?!” Krystal snapped at me.

I put my hands in front of me and backed away. ‘Okay, she definitely doesn’t like me..and the feeling is mutual now. Geez, what an ice princess.’

I was sitting on one of the couches in the common room. I looked at my phone; 12:10 p.m. Krystal was late… as usual. I really don’t understand why girls always take so long to get ready.

After what seems like an hour of waiting (5 min), I finally saw Krystal running down the hallway. She was wearing some jean shorts, a white and pink stripped tank top with a light grey cardigan, and black all stars on.

“What took you so long?” – I pouted.

“I…AAAAH! Your Hair! Oh my god, I love it! You look so cute!” – screamed Krystal as she started ruffling my hair in several directions.

“Waaah! Hey, your messing up my hair” – I pouted as I treated and started fixing my hair. “So why did you take so long again?”

“Sorry, I couldn’t decide what to wear and then I couldn’t find my phone.” –said Krystal as she stuck out her tongue at me.

“Uh – huh….shall we go?” – I said as I started walking away.

After walking out to the bus stop I asked her, “So what are we doing anyways?”

“Um…I was thinking we go watch a movie, then shop a little or something, and then grab a bite before heading back? Is that ok?” suggest Krystal.

“Ok! That sounds good!” – I said as I smiled. ‘Doesn’t matter where or what I do, as long as you’re with me, I’m fine with it all.’

When we arrived at the mall, we immediately headed for the theaters. We looked at all the movies and times for them. There was Mission Impossible with Tom Cruise, Sherlock Holmes with Robert Downey Jr., and some other movies. (Too lazy to type out more :p).

“Which one should we watch?” – Krystal asked.

“I heard that Sherlock Holmes was pretty good. And I saw the trailer too. Looks really interesting.”  - I replied.

“Ok, sounds good. Lets go get our tickets, the movie starts in 15 min.” said Krystal as she pulled me by the arm to the ticket booth.

We bought a medium popcorn to share and some drinks before heading inside. ‘Wow, there’s a lot of people in here.’

“Amber, up there. Come on.” Said Krystal as she once again pulled me by my arm up the stairs to one of the rows.

The previews started a couple of minutes after we sat down. 

AT THE TRAIN SCENE:

‘Hehehehe he looks funny in a dress and make-up….OMG!’

I turned head towards Krystal and whispered in her ear.

“Doesn’t Robert Downey Jr. look like the Joker from the Dark Knight with his make-up smeared?”

She gave me a puzzled face and looked back at the screen; she then started giggling. Whispering back, “hehehe, you are so right.”

Our faces are so close right now. I can feel the heat that she’s giving off. If only this moment could last forever, but before I knew it we turned our attention back to the screen.

From time to time I would turn my head in her direction and just observe her facial expressions. I know it sounds a little creepy but every little thing she does just pulls me in. I always have to fight the urge to just run up and hug her and squeeze the living daylights out her, to feel her under my arms.

Every little smile or every little touch, it breaks my heart…because I know no matter how much I love this girl next to me;

 

I can’t have her.