There Must be Something About Him

See the Light

“Hey Jinyoung! Jinyoungie! Are you okay?” shouted by Jinyoung’s professor.

                Jinyoung snapped out of his thoughts. “Ah… Yes Ma’am!”

                “Okay since we still have remaining time, I guess I can introduce some ‘important’ people in this class. Is it okay Jinyoungie?” asked by the professor while twinkling her eyes to Jinyoung.

                “Yes Ma’am,” replied by Jinyoung being awkward in the situation.

                Jinyoung’s professor tapped JB’s shoulder, “Okay Jinyoung, let’s start from this hot guy here. He’s the top 1 of our section and the whole 3rd year level. He’s really handsome, isn’t he? Hahaha. He’s rich you know! He’s…” “Hey Ma’am stop this introduction of yours to Jinyoung! You’re making an embarrassing situation for me!” the professor’s words got cut by JB’s sudden action.

“Aigoo. It seems that my baby JB is jealous to my Jinyoungie?” exclaimed by their professor while laughing and rubbing JB’s back.

“Aish.” JB uttered as he is being irritated on their professor’s gesture. JB can’t stop staring at Jinyoung, he can still remember those angelic voice and deadly smile of Jinyoung. “He’s really perfect. No wonder our professor is flirting on him. I want to be close with him. I want to know him better,” he thought.

                “Ok so here’s the next student that is quite notable in our class, Kim Yugyeom.” The teacher points her finger to Yugyeom and Yugyeom bowed his head to show his respect to his professor. “I bet you already met him a while ago? He’s your roommate right? Aren’t you surprised that I know a lot of things about you Jinyoungie? Hahahaha.” The professor can’t control her fangirl feels over Jinyoung.

                Jinyoung is really awkward and confused on his professor but still continue to ride on her crazy actions. “Ah yes Ma’am. Hehe… he…he.”

                “Jinyoung, this kid is also a scholar in our university he won a very prestigious competition that’s why the director brought him to this school.” The professor said proudly while referring her speech to Kim Yugyeom. Jinyoung was amazed in the moment. He never thought nor expected that Yugyeom is also a scholar because on his own point of view, the way Yugyeom spoke to him a while ago is quite different from an attitude of a scholar.

                The professor now goes to JB’s seatmate, “You should also befriend with this kid Jinyoung. He’s Youngjae. Yeah this kid is a little bratty sometimes you know… son of another chaebol… Geez… Well I admit his quite capable too, being the top 2 of 3rd year. Well… Yeah.” The teacher sounds irritated but the class knows that she’s just joking. Youngjae raised his eyebrows on his teacher. Youngjae is quite famous in the university alongside with JB because of his superb singing talent and academic prowess. Aside from that, he’s another child of chaebol in the school. Though he’s well-known in their university he is also hated by others because of her bratty personality. The only person that Youngjae relies on is JB.

                Youngjae just sneered at Jinyoung as a form of his welcome. Jinyoung was quite annoyed and startled at Youngjae and he thought, “Wow another tough kid to deal with. Wew!”

                “We also have another scholar Jinyoung.” She’s now going to Bambam’s direction. “Bambam is also a famous scholar in this university. He is also recruited in this university because he won a dancing competition in Thailand.” The professor said proudly.

                “Wow. Jjinja? From Thailand?” Jinyoung surprisingly exclaimed.

                “Yes Jinyoungie.” The teacher replied while holding her favorite student.

                Bambam bowed his head towards their professor and to Jinyoung. Then Jinyoung replied with his sweet smile to Bambam and Bambam was caught flustered by his seatmate Yugyeom.

The professor looked at her watch to see what time it is and there are still 15mins remaining for her to introduce some kids in her class. She wandered around the classroom thinking if she still forgot someone. She remembered the most active child from Hong Kong. She looked to the seat of this kid and noticed that he’s still not around. “I guess he’s late again,” she thought. So she hesitated to introduce the kid in the class, she still continued to look around the room and her eyes spotted someone. This kid possesses a very cold aura. You’ll be afraid to take a look on him because his stare seems to kill you the moment he laid his eyes on you. He’s not friendly and the whole class know that… not the whole class, the whole university rather. No one wants to mess with him, not even his sunbaes. Other than that, he seems to be disinterested in all things, he’s always caught sleeping in the middle of the class but the professor don’t mind to scold him because of his powerful family background. Nevertheless there is one thing that caught his attention, that alone brought him to the university, and this was his specialization ‘Martial Arts Tricking’.

“I guess we should start the lesson for today.” The professor decided not to introduce that kid. She doesn’t want to bother someone who’s sleeping very deep. When she’s about to start her lesson, she heard loud steps towards the room, and there’s the most active child in her class entering the classroom filled with hosae. “Hey Ma’am don’t you dare to start the class without me!” shouted by the kid.

                “Oh Jinyoung I forgot to tell you we still have to introduce this Hong Kong gal. This is...” professor’s words got cut when this Hong Kong gal shouted. “STOP! STOP! STOP MA’AM! HAJIHAJIMA! I should be the one who’s giving my own introduction. Hey I’m Jackson Wang. You can call me Jackson bae.” Jackson introduced himself while winking then he occupied the seat next to Jinyoung. “Nice to meet you Jackson,” Jinyoung uttered uncomfortably.

                Jackson came from Hong Kong. He was also recruited by the university in his 3rd year but three months earlier than Jinyoung. He is a fencing athlete and this made him to choose Martial Arts Tricking as his specialization. He is also bright and friendly, he bluffs a lot but his friends treat it as a joke. Though he can be considered as a new comer in the school he already garnered many friends including hoobaes and sunbaes in the university because of his good personality.

                “Okay Jackson, enough with the bluffing. I guess I already introduced some notable students in our class we should start our lesson now.” The professor said while smirking at Jackson.

                “Wait Ma’am! I bet you still didn’t mention him.” Jackson pointed to the guy in the most corner of the classroom.

                “Ah you’re right Jackson…” the professor responded with her shaking voice. Everyone is frightened because they wake the person that they’ve always avoided to.

                “Hey bro you should introduce yourself to. Don’t just sleep there. Have some fun dude!” Jackson shouted while waving his hand. The guy just lifted his head for a while and looked at Jackson’s direction then he went back to his usual sleeping position in class.

                Everyone was worried with Jackson’s action. The professor decided to talk in order to lessen the tension inside the classroom. “Aigoo Jackson –ah it seems that you’re friend really needs some rest. You shouldn’t bother him okay? By the way Jinyoungie that’s Mark.” The professor said while faking smile and hitting Jackson’s back. “Ouch Ma’am! That hurts! Mark should know our new classmate. He’s always like that.” Jackson shouted while touching his back.

                Jackson always thought that he is Mark’s best friend because he is the only one that Mark talks to in the university and in some ways he understands some of Mark’s actions. They also have the same specialization in school that’s why he can relate to him well. Though for Mark, their conversation is just a casual one, Jackson still believes that it is extraordinary.

                “Ah okay! Enough with the drama let’s start our class, the bell has just rang.” The professor said and getting the attention of the students. Meanwhile, in Jinyoung’s mind: “Ah… So he’s Mark? He’s really arrogant. He didn’t even spare a glance at me. How could this guy be so cold? Cold enough to make his classmates frightened? Hmmm… I guess there is something… There must be something about him.”

                After a long day, Jinyoung’s first day in the university just ended. He decided to sit in his bed so he can rest for a while before taking his shower. “Ugh. What a tiring day!” He uttered and then he saw Yugyeom entering their room.

“Hey Yugyeom! You can take the shower first. I decided to take some rest before going to bath. By the way thank you!”

“Thanks for what?” Yugyeom replied.

“Geunyang… But you’re amazing! You know?”

“Amazing? Yah. You’re so random.” Yugyeom responded as he chuckles.

“You’re also a scholar right? Waah. You didn’t even tell me. Hahaha.”

“I just don’t want to and besides you’re only here for a couple of hours? How am I supposed to tell you everything? I’m in the process of knowing you first huh?” Yugyeom continued to chuckle.

“Well… You’re right. I’m just kidding! Hahaha. I hope we can be friends and we can treat each other as if we’re real brothers.” Jinyoung smiled and tries to deliver his sincerity to Yugyeom.

Yugyeom blushed because of those words. He never heard something like this ever since he entered the university. His heart is filled with happiness but he doesn’t know how to express it. Yugyeom smiled to Jinyoung. “Kamsahamnida. Yes we can be friends Jinyoung.”

                “Did you just say thank you? Why? I should be the one who’s saying thank you Yugyeomie.”

                “Well I’m just thankful to you right now. Ever since I attended this university I’ve never had a chance to have a friend, no one dares to ask me too. I just thought because I don’t belong to that upper class society, I guess?” Yugyeom responded sadly.

                “Ani! Yugyeom-ah friendship is for everyone. It doesn’t mean that if you’re wealthy you’ll have more friends and if you’re not then no one will dare to have a friendship with you. Maybe you’re just afraid to make friends. That’s why you think you don’t have any.” Jinyoung smiling at Yugyeom.

                “Maybe? Honestly, everyone in this school is too busy to compete, everyone one wants to be at the top, and everyone wants to be acknowledged. I’ve never had happy memories since I entered this university. That’s why I don’t understand those people who have always wanted to be here. They should’ve known what it feels to be in a place like this.”

                “Yugyeom-ah. Being busy is not a reason for not having friends. You should still make friends even if you’re busy. Use it as a tool so you can enjoy the things that you do. Sometimes you need to make the first move in order for people to be with you. And you shouldn’t leave your happiness in the hands of this school or in the hands of other people. Happiness must start within you. Well I can say that happiness is a choice. Make the most out of it. Don’t worry chingu I’ll help you to gain friends and make your university life more exciting!” Jinyoung smiled.

                “Well you’re right chingu!” Yugyeom sobbed and ran after Jinyoung to hug him. Due to the big built of Yugyeom, Jinyoung wasn’t able to balance himself causing them to both fall out of the bed.

                “Wah! That was strong chingu!” Jinyoung exclaimed and they both laughed with each other. They start chatting random things and they laughed together when Yugyeom reminds his friend. “Hey Jinyoungie I just want to give you some reminders while you’re staying at this university.”

                “Ok. What are those?”

                “Well first, just do well on academic class and as well as your specialization in order for you to retain your scholarship and watch out for those ‘notable persons’ that our teacher mentioned to you a while ago. Don’t try to mess with them specially Mark.”

                “Ah Mark? That kid? He really looks arrogant and rude. Why? I mean what’s with him?”

                “He was a prominent kid chingu! No one wants to be friends with him because of his personality. Even our teachers don’t want to meddle with his life or else they will leave this university.”

                “Daebak! But why? Who’s he’s family? I bet he’s from a big name.”

                “Yes of course. He’s from Tuan Financial Group chingu! His mom is Korean and his dad is Taiwanese but decided to build a business here in Korea.”

                “Wow! You’re right he’s from a renowned family.” Jinyoung sighed.

                “Yes chingu that’s why avoid him as much as possible. He’s a threat to the kids like us.” Yugyeom warned Jinyoung.

                “Yah. You better wash up now it’s getting late.” Jinyoung commanded Yugyeom.

                “Okay chingu! Let’s have our dinner after.” Yugyeom winked at Jinyoung.

                Jinyoung kept thinking about that student named Mark. He wondered how frightening to deal with someone like him but still in his thoughts, “I admit he’s one of those bad persons that I’ve met during my years of living but maybe he has some issues that makes him so bad…”

                                                                                **************

                Another day waits for Jinyoung. He excitedly walk through the hallway, he’s jumping with joy while sipping his hot coffee he never knew that there was a person coming in his way and he suddenly bumped on the guy on his way.

“YAHHHHH! What the Hell?! What going inside your head? Are you stupid?!” Youngjae shouted angrily. The other students near their room go out in chaos wondering what happened outside.

                “Oh I’m very sorry Youngjae! I didn’t mean to do that I’m just walking and…” Jinyoung replied while wiping the coffee spill in Youngjae’s book. Jinyoung was really worried and he knew for a fact that he carelessly walked through the hallway.

                “What do you think you’re doing? Jumping in the hallway? My gosh! You’re not a kid anymore?! You really annoyed me!” Youngjae shouted in rage, it was much louder this time and it is enough to catch everyone’s attention.

               “I’m really sorry Youngjae. I didn’t…” Youngjae pushed Jinyoung so hard and he fell down in the person behind him. The hot coffee splashed to the guy’s arm causing for it to have burns. Everyone shouted when they saw the person behind Jinyoung, “OH MY GOSH! Damn it’s MARK!!!!” (TBC)

                                                                                **************

A/N: How was this chapter guys? I hope you’re enjoying it so far. Well I’ve revealed the identities of other important characters. What are your thoughts about them? Please leave some comments for me.  (I’m really anticipating for your comments guys TT) Thank you! Have a nice day!

Sorry for my non-stop plugging. :D I’m seethelightxx96, frustrated newbie writer from the outer space. I don’t know if my stories are interesting but I do hope that it is. I wanna hear your feedbacks. I hope you’ll leave some comments for me (R&R). Thanks! You may also visit my linked accounts for some updates and queries (AsianFanFictions: seethelightxx96 (https://www.asianfanfics.com/profile/view/1418632) // Tumblr: seethelightxx96.tumblr.com // AskFM: ask.fm/seethelightxx96 // Twitter: twitter.com/seethelightxx96 // Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/seethelightxxninetysix)