Acting Disinterested yet Interested

See the Light

Mark continued to walk outside the parking area. His mind is quite blown by Jinyoung’s words. A part of him is confused on why he did such thing and how come he met someone like Jinyoung. “Aish… Why did I let myself to get involved? This is not me I guess? And what’s up with that kid? He always go around with that angelic face… always trying to mention things about me… about my real identity… my problems? Problems my ! Haha. He’s too innocent. It makes me wanna play with him more.” Mark thought and he smirked as he walks towards his dorm.

                Meanwhile the “almost half-dead boy Jinyoung” reached his dorm. He barely opened the door with his wounded hand and he saw Yugyeom studying in his bed.

                “YAAAAAAAAH! JINYOUNG-AH! What happened to your face?! Your body?! Ommo!” Yugyeom cried. He approached Jinyoung and helped him to get inside their room.

                “I’m okay Yugyeom. These wounds are nothing.” Jinyoung smiled.

                “Oookkaay?! Are you kidding me Jinyoung?! AIGOO! Look at the mirror… Look at your face! You had many wounds and your whole face is bruised. I can also say that your body aches so much. What happened? I’m really worried. Could you please explain these things to me?” Yugyeom cried as he touches his friend’s face.

                “I’m sorry for making you worry chingu… I didn’t intend to make you feel unease. I just faced some idiots on my way back to our dorm that’s why I came like this. I’m so sorry chingu. I’ll be careful next time.” Jinyoung responded and this time his voice is filled with sadness.

                “If I only knew these things would happen, I could’ve just tagged you along in our department. I feel so hurt right now. I just felt that I’m also responsible for what happened.” Yugyeom continued to sob.

                “No Yugyeom you’re not responsible for this so don’t blame yourself okay? This was just bound to happen and we cannot prevent it. And I committed some provocative acts yesterday so… I guess this is the outcome that is destined for me.” Jinyoung explained.

                “What happened chingu? Waaiit… Is it Mark? Mark hit you right?! That brat! Aish!” Yugyeom exclaimed in anger.

                “No Yugyeom! It is not Mark! Mark is not the type of person that you guys have always thought of. If you could only discover his real self… you would be amazed to.” Jinyoung replied.

                “Real self? Aish! Chingu I can’t understand you. Can you explain the whole thing to me? What happened?” Yugyeom exclaimed in frustration.

                “You know… Uhm… This was about yesterday’s scenario. Did you notice Mark’s bruised face? Some of our sunbaes beat him yesterday. It was like a 1 versus 100 - scene so I suppose he didn’t have a chance to defeat those guys for himself.”  Jinyoung spoke sadly.

                “What?! So our sunbaes touched him?! Yah… They already lost their minds! How did you know that the sunbaes hit him yesterday? What’s their problem? I bet it was a serious one… for them to have the courage to hit Mark? Aigoo…” Yugyeom exclaimed.

                “I was there when they beat Mark. Did you remember that ‘task’ that I am talking about yesterday? It was my reconciliation plan with Mark. I searched for him so I can talk with him seriously and Jackson told me that he might be in the parking area. So I decided to go there and I found him being hit by those sunbaes. I didn’t know the whole thing. I just heard them arguing and I can assume that our sunbaes were really pissed on Mark.” Jinyoung explained.

                “Well chingu it might be a serious one jjinja. And how did you got involve with this?” Yugyeom asked.

                “I provoked those sunbaes. I threatened and told them that I will report those scenes that I witnessed to the director. In my opinion, even if someone did bad things to you… You shouldn’t hurt them like that they should talk with each other in a nice manner. I don’t know if I did the right thing but I just wanted them to stop beating Mark…” Jinyoung responded.

                “Waah. You provoked them? Aigoo chingu you’re really brave! But I’m really against with this braveness of yours… I’m worried on what will happen to you in the future… So you reported everything in the director that’s why you got hit by the sunbaes instead of Mark? Aish.” Yugyeom sighed.

                “Actually I didn’t report it yet. I don’t know how the director knew that incident… At that time it was only Mark, me and those sunbaes were in that area. Maybe it was caught by a surveillance camera I guess? They thought I reported them in the director’s office causing for them to have a 1 month suspension. I can see the anger in their eyes as they punched me… I can feel the pain from those beating but what’s weird is that I felt a slight happiness that they got that 1 month suspension because I firmly believe that it served them right…” Jinyoung uttered.

                “Aigoo poor Jinyoungie… You almost lost your pretty face because of your heroism… I’m sorry but I have to say this. I know you are worried for Mark but I think Mark is taking advantage of you. He should be the one who’s responsible for this! He’s the one that should be getting those punches! It’s really unfair for you please stop getting involved with him from now on chingu… I’m really anxious.” Yugyeom pleaded.

                “Yugyeom-ah. Please listen to this. You know Mark has something that you guys haven’t noticed yet. I believe that he is a warm-hearted person it’s just that he didn’t had a chance to show it because people already judged him beforehand. A while ago he saved me from being beaten to death… He could’ve just ignored it when he saw me lying there but guess what… He approached those guys and told them to stop hitting me or else he’ll get angry. He will not bother to do that if he’s a bad person that most of you have always believed. He’s really stuck into something and I really want to help him…” Jinyoung explained.

                “Oh jjinja?! Well… You’re right he’s not that type of person. But what made him changed so easily? Aish I don’t know chingu I’m still worried to death… Please stay out of it as much as you can. We can never predict what will happen next so better be alert.”  Yugyeom said in frustration.

                “I’m really thankful that you’re always there for me. Don’t worry I know what I’m doing.” Jinyoung smiled and Yugyeom just sighed.

                “I really hate to see you like this chingu. Take a bath now and I will treat your wounds so it will not scar. Aish…” Yugyeom pushed Jinyoung towards their bathroom.

                “Okay chingu-yah! Saranghae!” Jinyoung did some aegyo and went to the bathroom and Yugyeom giggled to himself.

**************

                Jinyoung arrived early for their first class in the morning. He walked inside the room and his classmates were looking in his bruised face. He cannot hide it anymore even if he put tons of bb cream on his face. He was really put into an awkward atmosphere and this time he just wanted to break this. “Annyeong!” Jinyoung shouted. “Ah jjinja… This awkward atmosphere… Ugh jebal just continue on what you’re doing and please don’t mind my face…” Jinyoung thought as he looked and smiled into his classmates. He left his classmate in awe. Jinyoung heard different voices to and fro. “Ommo. What’s with him?”What happened to his beautiful face? Aigoo. I’m so disappointed.” “Oh so his messing up already even if he’s only here for a few weeks? What a war-freak kiddo…” “Kids… Let’s buy meds for him… I wanna be noticed by Jinyoung! Kkkk…” Jinyoung sighed and just decided to sit.

Meanwhile Jackson arrived, again filled with heose. “OH! Jinyoung-ah you’re here already? Oh what happened to your face?” Jackson said filled with sarcasm. “I guess Mark already got his revenge? Did Mark beat you? Haha!” Jackson laughed. Jinyoung doesn’t know on how he will respond on Jackson’s silly questions he just shook his head and decided to look on his phone then Mark arrived in the room.

Mark walked towards Jinyoung’s seat he saw Jackson standing near Jinyoung. He already sensed what happened, particularly the words that came out from Jackson’s mouth. “What are you doing?! Are you creating another scene again?! Aish.” Mark asked Jackson as he threw a bag with plasters and medicine to Jinyoung. Jackson can’t utter a word he’s shock from the act that he saw. Their classmates were also murmuring because of astonishment and envy. “WAAAH! I’m envious of Jinyoung! TT” “What’s happening can someone explain these things to me?! OMONA!” Jackson’s mind went blanked then he ran towards Mark’s seat. He wanted Mark’s explanation and he nagged.

On the other hand, Yugyeom stared at Jinyoung and he shook his head. Jinyoung stopped his stare on Yugyeom and kept the medicine that Mark gave. And in the hallway, JB and Youngjae are walking. They were discussing about the upcoming school event as they were approaching their room. “Uhmm… JB… It’s about our upcoming school event… I guess we should be partners if it will be done by two’s. You know we can create a jjang collaboration if we do it together right?” Youngjae suggested. JB just smiled into Youngjae. He didn’t utter a word and they reached their classroom. “Hey Jaebum-ah! You better give me a reply. I’m sure that most of our classmates will ask me to do it with them but I considered you first…” Youngjae cut his words when he noticed that JB is not listening. He looked into the direction of Jaebum’s eyes and found out that the latter is staring at Jinyoung. “I guess the seniors beat him… I’m sorry Jinyoung-ah.” Jaebum thought. Meanwhile the dismayed Youngjae pulled JB on their respective seat. “Let’s go JB! Our class is about to start.” Then the professor arrived and they started their class.

“Kkrrrrrrrrrriinng… Krringg…” the bell rang and the morning class ended. It’s lunch time now and as usual Jinyoung, Yugyeom, and Bambam decided to eat together. Bambam and Yugyeom went to order first. “Yah Yugyeom-ah ! Jinyoung-ah! Let’s go! I’m so hungry. I need to be first in the line so I can grab my food already.” Bambam complained. “Okay okay! Hey Jinyoung! Come with us!” Yugyeom responded. “Yugyeom and Bam please go first I will just check my bruises if it’s really worse.” Jinyoung replied. “Aigoo. Yeah… Check it for yourself… Bambam let’s go.” Yugyeom exclaimed while pulling Bambam away. Jinyoung got his phone and used it as a mirror. “Woah! I’m really badly beaten. Aigoo…” Jinyoung thought. He continued to look at his face and didn’t notice that JB sat in front of him. He already kept his phone to his bag and he found out that JB was in front of him. “Yah JB! You surprised me!” Jinyoung exclaimed. “Mianhe. I’m just here to give you this.” JB smiled and handed some medicine to Jinyoung. “How did you know that I have these?” Jinyoung pointed to his bruised and wounded face. “Well… I saw you a while ago in our classroom. I’m not used to see you in that state that’s why I decided to buy some meds for you.” Jaebum replied. “Aigoo. You’re such a kind hearted classmate… Thank you for your concern but someone gave me some meds this morning.” Jinyoung tapped JB’s shoulder. “Oh is that so? Well… Who?” JB asked. “Uhmm… It may sound odd but Mark gave me those. I was also shocked at him.” Jinyoung replied. Jaebum paused for a moment he was also surprised by the fact that Mark gave medicine to someone. “What’s with him? Is he planning something?” Jaebum thought. “But don’t worry I will accept this medicine from you. I know you tried hard just to get this. Thank you very much Jaebum.” Jinyoung smiled to JB and took the medicine from Jaebum’s hand. Jaebum suddenly felt nervous when Jinyoung touched his hand. He was about to say something but got cut off when his phone rang.

“Oh hello Youngjae-yah. What’s the matter?” Jaebum asked Youngjae over the phone.

“I already got your lunch. Mind to come over here? Don’t let your food to cool down.” Youngjae seemed to be irritated.

“Oh okay. I’m sorry. I forgot my promise to eat with you today.” Jaebum replied.

“Ah… Well I’m at our usual place here in the cafeteria. You should come now. You know that I really hate waiting especially when I’m hungry.” Youngjae responded.

“Okay. I’ll go there now. Bye.” Jaebum ended the phone call.

“Jinyoung I’m going now. I’m sorry I can’t eat with you today. I’ll treat you next time.” JB uttered.

“Nah. It’s okay Jaebum-ah. You already helped me a lot. Thanks again. I think you should go now.” Jinyoung responded.

“Okay. See you at our class.” Jaebum waved at Jinyoung.

JB is not aware that Youngjae is staring at them. Youngjae’s heart is in rage. He really hates Jinyoung because he thought he’s getting a lot of attention lately especially when it comes to JB. “Wow! I guess he’s really born to be a flirt huh? How dare you Jinyoung?! You can flirt all the guys that you want but not JB. I won’t stay calm if you’ll always be like this.” Youngjae thought as he looked into Jinyoung’s seat in the cafeteria.

                “Hey Jinyoung we also decided to grab your food. So you will not starve huh.” Yugyeom saw JB came out after talking with Jinyoung.

                “Yah! You should be thankful to me. You know I did some aegyo for the chef noona just to give me two servings of food. Aigoo…” Yugyeom exclaimed.

                “Arasso arasso. Gomawo chingu-yah! I know it’s really hard for you.” Jinyoung smirked at Yugyeom and the latter giggled.

                “By the way Jinyoung-ah you’re really famous huh. I’ve never seen those prominent people hanging out with scholar like us. You’re really something. I’m quite envious jjinja.” Bambam smirked at Jinyoung.

                “YAAH! Bambam-ah! You don’t need to be noticed by those people if you have friends who sincerely care for you.” Yugyeom exclaimed angrily. Jinyoung got surprised by this new side of Yugyeom.

                “Okay okay… You don’t have to shout I can hear you clearly.” Bambam got slightly irritated.

                “Bambam you don’t have to be envious of me. They just approach me to ask what happened on my face and that’s all. Don’t put any meaning on it.” Jinyoung smiled at Bambam.

                “Yeah speaking of that matter… What happened to your face? Is it real that Mark hit you?” Bambam asked Jinyoung as he chews his food.

                “No Bambam! I just… uhm.. jjjus..just fell down… uhm somewhere…” Jinyoung stuttered because he had no choice but to state a lie.

                “Oh really? Ommo. Be careful! You know the buildings and stairs here are really high and quite slippery. You should use the elevators instead and familiarize yourself in the surroundings.” Bambam advised.

                “Thank you Bam.” Jinyoung winked at Bambam and Bambam smiled.

                Their lunch break is about to end and the students went back to their respective classroom. Others took time to use the comfort room. Among those students are Mark and JB. Mark was about to enter the men’s CR while JB is about to leave.

                “Wow! You’re quite amazing these past few days huh? You’re not the Mark that we used to know.” Jaebum uttered causing Mark to stop walking.

                “Aigoo… So it concerned you so much BRO?” Mark smirked.

                “Well not really. I’m just worried that you kept on dragging innocent people in your stupid acts.”  Jaebum said in a serious tone.

                “Oh is that so? Haha. To whom are you referring to? Our new classmate?” Mark grinned. Mark also saw Jaebum approaching Jinyoung in the cafeteria.

                “What?!” Jaebum got irritated.

                “Oho. So you’re ALSO interested in him?” Mark uttered and smirked. “Well I’m not really interested in him I just want to provoke this arrogant kid.” Mark also thought.

                “What did you say?!” Jaebum shouted.

                “Aigoo. It gets more exciting. It just made me wanna know him more.” Mark smirked again.

                “YAH! You better watch your mouth!” Jaebum faced Mark.

                “Aigoo. We’re really destined to share on many things…” Mark smirked and tapped JB’s shoulder.

                JB was in fury and decided to leave Mark.

                The afternoon class started and their professor arrived. It was the professor who had a crush on Jinyoung. “Okay class before I start my lesson. I have something to announce. Uhm… It’s about our upcoming school event. Yeah most of you knew it already but I will explain it for the sake of our Jinyoungie. This event is important because part of your final grade in the Practical Exam will be obtained from it so make sure that you give your 1000% into it. And with regards to the groupings, it is quite special this year because the director told me that you will be free to choose your group mate. It will be 2 persons in a group or duo but since we are odd in number we will have 1 group consisting 3 members. So…” The professor got cut off when Bambam raised his hand.

                “Oh why Bammie?” the professor uttered.

                “Our group wants to do it in trio teacher!” Bambam responded.

                “Who are your co-members?” the professor asked.

                “Me, Jackson and Yugyeom.” Bambam replied.

                “WHAT?!” Jackson and Yugyeom yelled at the same time.

                “No teacher we never talked about that in the first place. So I don’t want to be in the same team with them!” Jackson argued.

                “Aish… as if that I wanted to do it with you. Bambam-ah you’re full of surprises today eh.” Yugyeom thought.

                “Hey teacher! I don’t want to do it with them! I want Mark as my partner we can do more things if we are in the same team.” Jackson explained.

                “Ugh… The dilemma of having freedom to choose…” The professor thought and he laid her eyes on Bambam. She saw Bambam’s sad face. She doesn’t want her favorite student to be sad and she doesn’t want to prolong the scenario that’s why she gave her decision. “Okay Yugyeom, Jackson and Bambam will be in one group!” The teacher decided leaving Yugyeom and Jackson sulking.

                “Okay let’s have Jinyoungie…” The teacher did her aegyo again.

                “Jinyoungie. To whom do you want to do your first project huh?”

                Jinyoung paused for a minute to think. He already had someone in his mind but he was afraid to tell it to the class because his classmates might get the wrong idea. “I really want to do it with him… I want to know him better…” Jinyoung thought. Meanwhile Jaebum stared at Jinyoung, in his mind he wanted Jinyoung to choose him. “I hope that you’ll choose me. I promise I will give my 1000% for it. I already put you in a very dangerous incident when you got involved in Mark’s fight with the sunbaes.  I just want to do something for you…”

                “Uhmm Jinyoungie… I guess you’re having a hard time on choosing. Do you want me to do it for you?” the professor asked.

                “No teacher. I already have someone in mind.” Jinyoung replied.

                “Okay. Who?”

                Jinyoung took a deep breath and sighed. “Teacher I want to do it with… with… with MARK!” Jinyoung’s words left the class in a state of shock. (TBC)

**************

A/N: Hey my beloved readers! I’m so sorry for I wasn’t able to update it quickly. I had some stuffs going on that’s why I wasn’t able to do it. Actually, I’m quite busy jjinja. I hope you’ll still continue to read this story of mine even it took me a while to update it. :( Tbh I am facing some difficulties lately… I’m afraid that I wouldn’t be able to finish this one… TT Please give me strength and encouragement… TT anyway, I’ll try my best. I hope you’re still enjoying it. Thank you and have a nice day!

Sorry for my non-stop plugging. :D I’m seethelightxx96, frustrated newbie writer from the outer space. I don’t know if my stories are interesting but I do hope that it is. I wanna hear your feedbacks. I hope you’ll leave some comments for me (R&R). Thanks! You may also visit my linked accounts for some updates and queries (AsianFanFictions: seethelightxx96 (https://www.asianfanfics.com/profile/view/1418632) // Tumblr: seethelightxx96.tumblr.com // AskFM: ask.fm/seethelightxx96 // Twitter: twitter.com/seethelightxx96 // Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/seethelightxxninetysix)